Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I hear YouNow.com is a place this horse women can go. Leaving only the ugliest of gamers both inside and out. Like DSP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I'm DarkSydePhil

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jamesman posted:

If people wanna do this and Twitch is all for it, then I'm not trying to poo poo on these kinds of streamers. I just wish there was a platform for streaming video games that didn't have to share its real estate with people more interested in goofy antics. Also a platform that wasn't so toxic where every chat has at least half a dozen people spamming racist poo poo.

There is! It's called hitbox.tv. I mean smashcast.tv.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Genocyber posted:

There is! It's called hitbox.tv. I mean smashcast.tv.

Christ, is that still around? Have they fixed any of its basic functionality issues yet? Or is it still a flaming pile of garbage?

Also according to the Hitbox app on my iPad that I never use anymore, it has since changed again and is now called Mixer.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Jamesman posted:

Also a platform that wasn't so toxic where every chat has at least half a dozen people spamming racist poo poo.

Good loving luck with that.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

nine-gear crow posted:

Also according to the Hitbox app on my iPad that I never use anymore, it has since changed again and is now called Mixer.

You're thinking of Beam.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The death knell of Twitch is when it goes from majority gaming streams to majority general fuckery (literal and figurative) streams. Relying on Twitch long-term as a source of income and as a platform to promote yourself and build yourself up on sounds real fuckin stupid given the way it's going.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

You're thinking of Beam.

Fair enough.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Pollyanna posted:

The death knell of Twitch is when it goes from majority gaming streams to majority general fuckery (literal and figurative) streams. Relying on Twitch long-term as a source of income and as a platform to promote yourself and build yourself up on sounds real fuckin stupid given the way it's going.

The smart ones know to sell merchandise and promote on multiple platforms. But man oh man if twitch dies or better yet, demonetized overnight without warning. Imagine it all. The YouTube vlogs with cam girls crying, DSP screaming racial nonsense on Twitter.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Good loving luck with that.

The channels I frequent on Twitch don't have people spamming racist poo poo. :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Geocities Homepage King posted:

The channels I frequent on Twitch don't have people spamming racist poo poo. :shrug:

:same:

It's like literally any other content, find good people and watch/listen to them.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WViSrO4mZR4

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Do you really expect me to sit and watch 3 hours of a dude I don't enjoy watching?

*gets a snack and pressed play*

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would DSP be streaming and recording with OBS at the same time? Couldn't you just export clips from Twitch to your YouTube channel?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jamesman posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would DSP be streaming and recording with OBS at the same time? Couldn't you just export clips from Twitch to your YouTube channel?

Because there's times when he tries to hide his poo poo behind "not recording for Youtube" stream footage, like when he called people lazy for not showing up to his Pokemon Moon streams. He gets rid of Twitch VODs after he's done a session and the only reason that news got out is because other people record his streams.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's probably not the reason considering how much he 'cares' about quality, but if your bandwidth ever takes a crap it can mess up the VOD and not export right. I used to do that forever ago until the first time it crapped out and made the VOD unwatchable

EDIT: ^^^ lmao it's totally that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I just dig how mdc straight up inadvertently let's played the American Idol game and seemed to enjoy it

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Sometimes the best gaming times among friends are while playing a dumb Gameloft C-grade gameshow licensed game. It's good for the soul to skip Nidhogg and just play some Family Feud.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Yardbomb posted:

:same:

It's like literally any other content, find good people and watch/listen to them.

Ditto

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Geocities Homepage King posted:

But there are still twitch channels that do. He was asking for a platform that didn't allow that. Sure, you can find non-racist poo poo on websites but thanks to our laws, the racist poo poo can also appear right next to it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
DSP has gone through MGS2 HD

Maybe its time for Chippowai and DarkSydeBeef to have a crossover?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Leal posted:

DSP has gone through MGS2 HD

Maybe its time for Chippowai and DarkSydeBeef to have a crossover?

For anyone curious, DSP has been doing "redemption runs" of MGS 2/3 since his infamously horrible playthroughs of about 6 years ago (and EvilAJ2010's TIHYDP videos of them) are what he attributes to his online reputation as a horrible gamer.

To the surprise of loving nobody, he has not redeemed himself at all. In fact in several respects his Redemption Run of MGS2 is even WORSE than his original run, and MGS3 is looking to be a similar story.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The TIHYDP videos were never about his gameplay, but about his behavior. He didn't need to re-do those games. He needed to stop being a jackass.

I'm assuming that completely went over his head and he's still as oblivious, offensive, and obnoxious as ever.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TaurusOxford posted:

For anyone curious,

at this point, is there anyone?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

One can hope there's still some innocent soul not tainted by disappointment and cynicism, and has also never heard of Phil.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

TaurusOxford posted:

For anyone curious, DSP has been doing "redemption runs" of MGS 2/3 since his infamously horrible playthroughs of about 6 years ago (and EvilAJ2010's TIHYDP videos of them) are what he attributes to his online reputation as a horrible gamer.

To the surprise of loving nobody, he has not redeemed himself at all. In fact in several respects his Redemption Run of MGS2 is even WORSE than his original run, and MGS3 is looking to be a similar story.

You forgot to mention hes doing it as part of a special 'help me not go bankrupt as the IRS drills my arsehole' donation drive.

Any numbers on how much he made? The TIHYDP showed a good number of penny throwing 'cheer' thingies

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The only three things you need to really know about how big of an idiot DarkSydePhil is in order to complete your understanding of him are, in ascending order: 1) he made a 20 minute long unboxing video about the Special Edition of Lightning Returns and never once opened the box, 2) he accidentally livestreamed himself masturbating and was completely unaware that at least several hundred people watched him climax, and 3) he spelled the word Side with a Y.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Paingod556 posted:

You forgot to mention hes doing it as part of a special 'help me not go bankrupt as the IRS drills my arsehole' donation drive.

Any numbers on how much he made? The TIHYDP showed a good number of penny throwing 'cheer' thingies

I dont have tbe exact numbers on hand, but combining PayPal donations, Patreon, cheers, and Twitch subs, he made over 3000 dollars from the event.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

and he's not made the exact amount he needs public. Because then people would stop donating once the charity case is over!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Paingod556 posted:

From folks who monitor his twitch income, and his own admission that youtube was around 1% less money than his twitch this year, he made $90-100k this year. More than $10k since the thanksgiving tax reveal alone.

Keep in mind that any back-taxes would be collected on a monthly payment plan of a couple hundred dollars and he was portraying this as "the IRS will take my house", it's almost like it was all a scam...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
For all we mock DSP people still keep giving him money, so...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

It really is amazing how he has actually gotten worse. His plans of attack (you know, before he goes gently caress it and just uses assault rifles) is to run into the face of a guy and do a 3 hit combo. He still did the thing where he lays prone past waist high cover and is surprised when people see him. Instead of pressing against walls he'll just stand in front of a wall and is surprised when people see him around the corner. Its just... amazing.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Mega64 posted:

For all we mock DSP people still keep giving him money, so...

The "kojima world order" are in a never-ending game with one another, who can "own" the infamous Dark Side Phyl the most. As their insanely bad nWo theme keeps looping in the background, LightSidePaul empties his 401k and sends it all to Phil (deducting the taxes for him in advance as a cutting reminder that Phil screwed this part up or something). Meanwhile, PhilSuxBalls5000 visits his bank in order to mortgage his house to his most reviled YouTube target. It's unclear how this hurts Phil but the gang cackles away knowing their nebulous work is done.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I have no idea what any of those stories mean

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

Given that like 60% of the posts in this thread are about DSP I'm guessing so

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

TaurusOxford posted:

What? :psyboom:

"Yeah, I'm going back to play the games that I hated and didn't grasp that helped rocket me into infamy. But hey, since I've played them before, I should do better, right? Right?"

Cripes, just play a different game. One that you're good at and enjoy playing. Though at this point, I don't think that will salvage the others problems Phil has.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Max Wilco posted:

What? :psyboom:

"Yeah, I'm going back to play the games that I hated and didn't grasp that helped rocket me into infamy. But hey, since I've played them before, I should do better, right? Right?"

Cripes, just play a different game. One that you're good at and enjoy playing.
I don't think such a game exists.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

I don't think such a game exists.

I think he enjoyed Ride to Hell: Redemption.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

bman in 2288 posted:

I think he enjoyed Ride to Hell: Redemption.

He also enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever and thinks Sonic 06 is a better game than Sonic Adventure 2.

Basically his taste in games is as atrocious as his attitude.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

TaurusOxford posted:

thinks Sonic 06 is a better game than Sonic Adventure 2.

but it is tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TaurusOxford posted:

He also enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever

Of course he did :ughh: