Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
All these episodes out of order really hosed up the narrative and the quality going up and down doesn't help. And yeah, the rape scene was hosed up. They need to get their heads screwed on straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

wormil posted:

All these episodes out of order really hosed up the narrative

You wanted a network, and I give you Fox!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rape scene? Wasn't that scene a joke-turn of events where she was going to torture him but got so turned on by the idea that they had sex instead, and he was so turned on by it, he told her everything? So instead of her brutally torturing him (which is as bad as rape), she instead got what she wanted with ultimate pleasure.

Maz is near as irresistible and at good as sex as Lucifer; that's been established.

Darko fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 4, 2018

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darko posted:

Rape scene? Wasn't that scene a joke-turn of events where she was going to torture him but got so turned on by the idea that they had sex instead, and he was so turned on by it, he told her everything? So instead of her brutally torturing him (which is as bad as rape), she instead got what she wanted with ultimate pleasure.

Maz is near as irresistible and as good as sex as Lucifer; that's been established.

One could make the argument that as a demon, she is inhumanly coercive toward anyone she wants to have sex with, and that he literally didn't have the power to say no. Kind of like if somebody gave you some sort of drug that made you really, really want to have sex with them.
It's a situation that falls into the slightly grayer area of rape with respect to power dynamics.

e: I won't continue the discussion past this point. I wanted to clarify how someone might perceive it that way.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 4, 2018

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Please don't loving do this.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Edit: ^^^ most legit username post combo.

Holy poo poo really

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Darko posted:

Maz is near as irresistible and as good as sex as Lucifer; that's been established.

lol

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Crime solving Devil/ It makes sense/ Don't make it about rape culture you loving weirdos

They showed Lucifer had been on Earth in the 70s, but I guess Amenadiel wasn't the one to bring him back that time? Or had actually zero interactions with humans? Because he still talked like a fantasy RPG quest giver.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Darko posted:

Rape scene?

The litmus test is switch genders. A woman is kidnapped and tied to a bed against her will. A man threatens to torture her then has sex with her. He leaves the room and smugly says her crying is tears of joy. Would most people call it rape?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Why is there no episode this week?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The Lord Bude posted:

because network tv is scum

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah that Maze scene was... yeah.

But at least Amenadiel learning to fake fight was funny! :haw:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Lord Bude posted:

Because the National Championship game was last night and airing new episodes of anything on any channel would’ve been pointless.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Gonz posted:

Because the National Championship game was last night and airing new episodes of anything on any channel would’ve been pointless.

Never heard of it. Some sport thing I take it?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Sports are dumb. :colbert:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Freakin sportsball :negative:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
On the other hand, watching Trump get booed before the game started was great.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

Sports are dumb. :colbert:

You wouldn't say that if you saw my city name's sports team play. We've been defeating opposing teams since the year we were established!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbqGkS1c2w

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ubiquitous_ posted:

On the other hand, watching Trump get booed before the game started was great.

Was this the same game where he mumbled along to the national anthem on camera as he still hasn't learned it?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Capn Beeb posted:

Was this the same game where he mumbled along to the national anthem on camera as he still hasn't learned it?

Yep! It sure was.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Yep! It sure was.

Americans let us rejoice, for we are fat and free?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Case sucked, interplay between characters was way, way better. So, an improvement from most of Season 3 so far.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

grack posted:

Case sucked, interplay between characters was way, way better. So, an improvement from most of Season 3 so far.

Yup. The Amazing Cardboard Cutout Man became a real boy this episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Too bad Cain couldn't have showed up a couple of months ago when they had that knife that could kill anything.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Too big of a theological debate. Can God create a knife to kill something that he says can't die?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Too bad Cain couldn't have showed up a couple of months ago when they had that knife that could kill anything.

Or even before that, when they had that one sword that could kill anything. Lucifer has been in possession of a weapon that could destroy celestial beings (and presumably humans) twice, and now that he has a really good use for such a weapon, there are none to be found.

It's like that set of extra keys you keep in the junk drawer in case you ever lose your main set of keys and you don't have time to pull apart your furniture to look in places where they could not possibly be. You've run across that set of extra keys 300 times in that junk drawer in the last year. No matter what you need from that drawer, you have to move them out of the way. And now you're going to be late for work because, surprise surprise, you can't find them.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Calling it now: Cain dies, but is sent to Hell and his punishment is believing that he never died. Lucifer doesn't tell him because Lucifer's angry that Cain put Chloe in danger unnecessarily.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

grack posted:

Calling it now: Cain dies, but is sent to Hell and his punishment is believing that he never died. Lucifer doesn't tell him because Lucifer's angry that Cain put Chloe in danger unnecessarily.

The whole series has actually just been Cain reliving his torture in hell like that one episode.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nuebot posted:

The whole series has actually just been Cain reliving his torture in hell like that one episode.

Lucifer's mom never actually got him out

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Lucifer is still the least interesting person on the show.

Just call it "Lucifer Fucks Up" and focus on the good and interesting characters like Maze, Amenadiel, and Dr. Linda and how much knowing Lucifer complicates their lives. He could be like the "Kramer" of the show instead of the star.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Azhais posted:

Lucifer's mom never actually got him out

Never got him out but got plenty off.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

So, uh, *not* Chloe's romantic interest, huh?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tonight I learned that the devil is really, really good at close quarters combat.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Tonight I learned that the devil is really, really good at close quarters combat.

... as long as The Detective isn't in the vicinity.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I feel really bad for Charlotte. She's been through a ridiculously traumatic experience and every single person around her is just making life harder and/or more complicated. I was ready for Dan to save her from Maze but nope, he just goes straight to three-way.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

"Everybody has a Kryptonite Lieutenant"

I guess they had to go there eventually.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

"Everybody has a Kryptonite Lieutenant"

I guess they had to go there eventually.

I liked the exchange they had after Cain survived being stabbed with the Morgul Hell-forged demon blade.

L: So if I cut you in half, would there be two of you?
C: No, only one half would heal. I call it the Master Molecule Theory--
L: "Wolverine" rules, I know!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tarlibone posted:

I liked the exchange they had after Cain survived being stabbed with the Morgul Hell-forged demon blade.

L: So if I cut you in half, would there be two of you?
C: No, only one half would heal. I call it the Master Molecule Theory--
L: "Wolverine" rules, I know!

The best part was how eager Cain was to explain it and Lucifer just shuts him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I bet he hasn't tried shooting himself into space. He can probably be rendered unconscious, so maybe they can freeze him for the rest of time?

Although, he might just keep waking up over and over again only to die seconds later.

That would suck.

• Locked thread