Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So this game is pretty fun. Definitely a good buy. Except...the hackers. Holy gently caress the hackers. I somehow managed to get to the top 5% (how is beyond me...I'm not bad but I'm not really GOOD either) and it seems like every single game is filled to the brim with hackers.

Twice I've gotten shot in the head through walls. I've seen numerous people who never ADS but manage to hit you with every bullet no matter the range. I've shot at and hit somebody from behind only for them to instantly spin around then burst fire my head off. I've also seen people very obviously watch me through walls even though there was no way they could have seen me then blast my head off the instant I come around a corner.

The death cam is very telling. I seriously feel like half my deaths are people blatantly cheating. The other half is just me doing something stupid or being too noisy and getting my dumb rear end killed.

...that's my story I hope you liked it.

Play first person, it's much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So this game is pretty fun. Definitely a good buy. Except...the hackers. Holy gently caress the hackers. I somehow managed to get to the top 5% (how is beyond me...I'm not bad but I'm not really GOOD either) and it seems like every single game is filled to the brim with hackers.

Twice I've gotten shot in the head through walls. I've seen numerous people who never ADS but manage to hit you with every bullet no matter the range. I've shot at and hit somebody from behind only for them to instantly spin around then burst fire my head off. I've also seen people very obviously watch me through walls even though there was no way they could have seen me then blast my head off the instant I come around a corner.

The death cam is very telling. I seriously feel like half my deaths are people blatantly cheating. The other half is just me doing something stupid or being too noisy and getting my dumb rear end killed.

...that's my story I hope you liked it.

Switch over to First Person Perspective (FPP) mode. It takes a little getting used to if you're already used to third person but there are way less hackers. Seems like almost none to me but your experience may vary.

In my opinion it's a more fun and fair mode too because you don't die to people periscoping around from a position you can't possibly see them in no matter what you do.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I tried FPP but it's a bit disorienting for some reason. I have that issue with no other games so I don't know why this one fucks me up. Think I should give it another go.

I want to play and like this game but the cheating is just so unbelievably rampant.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I tried FPP but it's a bit disorienting for some reason. I have that issue with no other games so I don't know why this one fucks me up. Think I should give it another go.

I want to play and like this game but the cheating is just so unbelievably rampant.

Its disorienting because Bluehole is terrible. Nevertheless, it is the better game mode.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So uh, Kar folks aren't kidding. I thought you couldn't one shot anyone wearing a level 3 helmet unless you had an awg or something but I got 1 hit during fpp solos by a Kar. I tagged the guy at least twice in the dome with a mini 14 and he didn't die. :shrug: thems the breaks I guess

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

DrNutt posted:

So uh, Kar folks aren't kidding. I thought you couldn't one shot anyone wearing a level 3 helmet unless you had an awg or something but I got 1 hit during fpp solos by a Kar. I tagged the guy at least twice in the dome with a mini 14 and he didn't die. :shrug: thems the breaks I guess

Kar doesn't one hit ko level 3 helmets, you must have been hurt. They upped the damage though so it basically all-but kills you so even a sliver of damage and you deeead

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

abigserve posted:

Kar doesn't one hit ko level 3 helmets, you must have been hurt. They upped the damage though so it basically all-but kills you so even a sliver of damage and you deeead

Oh okay I had taken a hit earlier and popped painkillers but I was probably sitting at 90%. I had the mistaken impression that it had to go through all the helmet damage before it would take you out. The helmet was completely undamaged. But I was clearly mistaken.

Sucks. Dropped primorsk and had already mashed a couple potatoes and had some good rear end gear and great circle position.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DrNutt posted:

Oh okay I had taken a hit earlier and popped painkillers but I was probably sitting at 90%. I had the mistaken impression that it had to go through all the helmet damage before it would take you out. The helmet was completely undamaged. But I was clearly mistaken.

Sucks. Dropped primorsk and had already mashed a couple potatoes and had some good rear end gear and great circle position.

Helmet condition doesn't matter at all. Either it's there and its absorbing damage or its not. The mini-14 is just shy, like 1 HP shy, of a 2 hit kill on a level 3 helmet.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

VulgarandStupid posted:

Helmet condition doesn't matter at all. Either it's there and its absorbing damage or its not. The mini-14 is just shy, like 1 HP shy, of a 2 hit kill on a level 3 helmet.

Well poo poo, he only had a level 2 so one of the splatters must not have been a headshot even though it appeared to be on my end.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Dropped eastern islands, got some decent gear. Could've used more boosts.

Get a crate in the water on the way to the mainland, sweet. M24 with an 8x.

Get on the mainland, dead in 5 seconds flat. Dude had been tracking me since i got the loving crate.
Crate guns are a curse.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DrNutt posted:

Well poo poo, he only had a level 2 so one of the splatters must not have been a headshot even though it appeared to be on my end.

Neck shots are reduced damage, and blood splatter is no indication of where you hit. So it's really hard to say.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/mqb7m

Really wish the markers were back to the old colors, god drat. Had to switch targets for fear of hitting teammates.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

VulgarandStupid posted:

Neck shots are reduced damage, and blood splatter is no indication of where you hit. So it's really hard to say.

Yeah, the bottom line is he killed me and I didn't kill him sooooo

gently caress it, yolo, etc

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRrztpb24ag

This is pretty cool, shows how the game is rendered.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Had tons of fun in FPP last night :)

Def the way to play the game.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The game's clearly been designed with TPP in mind, so FPP feels kind of awkward at first compared to any other shooter. You'll get used to it after a few games, though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Honestly this entire game is full of dumb janky poo poo so switching to FPP wasn't too jarring.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SA TPP Duo has been filled with Chinese players lately. I don't mind them because most of them are not hackers and it's cool to have more people playing at atypical SA hours, but the amount of cheaters in general, regardless of their origin has gone up like crazy. There's no FPP Duo in SA so my duo partner asks me to play TPP with him. My FPP-Only friend queues as a 2-man Squad FPP in SA with me and it's about the same, a lot of cheaters all around.

FPP NA seems to be the smoothest in that regard, I could deal with a bit less latency but eh whatever.

Dangerllama posted:

How on earth are you guys able to tell so quickly where the fire is coming from? I’m usually flailing around like I am the chicken dinner.

I can't do stuff like some streamers do which is sitting around in an open field while a bunch people shoot at you, dodge them, pinpoint them and kill them. What I do is follow routes where I know the only possible sources of incoming fire and pay attention to them. According to pubg.op.gg my average rank right now is #7.7 doing just that, with a lot of my early deaths being exploring the new map trying to figure out which routes are best in it.

Also the tip that every high-ranked player here gives, whenever you hear a shootout that's not targeted at you, you can move your camera around to triangulate where it's coming from, and then use that information to find the person in the shootout closest to you, the person farthest from you, and take the terrain in consideration to beware other potential hunters. There are multiple possible outcomes to this scenario but you basically have a huge advantage if you know that the way you're coming from is clear, you have a statistical maphack of sorts in your brain and you use it to kill the people you know the position while being aware of other players trying to do the same.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 9, 2018

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SquirrelGrip posted:

i do but on oc

best gun is whatever you can get silenced imo, if im on foot with a silenced pistol im shooting at everybody

Silencers arent good.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

Silencers arent good.

Maybe they are better on xbox since a lot of people might not be playing with headphones?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1576688908203724690

quote:

PC 1.0 Update #2
9 JANUARY - MEPHIEKIM

Players, as we have said on numerous occasions, we are committed to creating a fair play environment in PUBG and are always looking for ways to decrease the amount of active cheats and their users. As part of our latest efforts in this direction, we are adding a new way to report suspected cheaters in-game. Starting with the current test build (once the testing is complete, this feature will be moved to the live servers as well), you will be able to report players directly from the replay feature of our game. This means that you no longer need to be killed by a suspected cheater for you to be able to use the in-game reporting tool. We encourage you to use the replay report tool as it is an effective and efficient way of making us aware of the players who are undermining your enjoyment of the game. Please refer to the patch notes below for a more detailed explanation of how to use the new in-game report feature.

We have continued to stabilize the game performance since the 1.0 release. We will be tweaking a few things to improve the performance of the game without comprising any gameplay elements. For example, in this test build, we have reduced the visible distance while in the air - this will improve the performance of the server and client in the beginning of the match. We plan to make small changes to the starting islands too in order to achieve similar goals.

We will also be testing the new crate system with two new crates. We know some of you have been looking forward to this. One crate will be free to open and the other one will require a key. Every test server user will be granted 100 000 BP and 6 Early Bird keys (the new unified PUBG crate key that can open Desperado and Gamescom crates), so that they can test the new crates and the items within. Each time you spend BP to get a crate, you will get one of the 4 available crates. There will be a much higher chance of getting one of the two new ones. You can see the exact percentage values below. The BP value, the new items and the keys won’t be transferred to live accounts. They are granted purely for the purpose of testing, to make sure that everything stays stable once the test build is moved to the live servers. As always, all our crate items are purely cosmetic in nature and provide no gameplay advantage.

Please read the detailed patch notes below to learn about these and other changes and fixes included in the current test build and please keep providing your valuable feedback on our forums: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/40-test-server/

Once the test build is found to be stable enough, the current patch will be moved to the live servers. Live server update schedule will be announced later on.

World
Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover

Gameplay
Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game

Item
Changed the design of the energy drink

UI/UX
Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green)
Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options
Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them

Replays
While player’s nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key
Added report button in replay
Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key)
While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key)
Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status
The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players
Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases
Solo mode
When the player won the match
When all teammates are eliminated

Bug Fixes
Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese

New Contents
Added two new crates (free / paid)
You can open the paid crate box with the Early Bird key which is purchasable in Steam market
In order to test the stability, 100,000 BP and 6 keys will be granted to each account (test server only)
The below chart shows the crate box drop rate
The new free/paid crate box has a 40% drop rate and the previous crate boxes(Wanderer and Survivor) have a 10% drop rate

DESPERADO (new paid crate box) : 40%
BIKER (new free crate box) : 40%
Wanderer : 40%
Survivor : 40%

The below chart shows the individual drop rate per item that can be earned through the new free/paid crate boxes. (displayed down to two decimal places)

DESPERADO items
Sleeveless Turtleneck Top (Gray) : 8.00%
Leather Boots (Black) : 8.00%
Punk Knuckle Gloves (Black) : 7.50%
Baggy Pants (Black) : 7.50%
Striped Tank-top : 7.50%
Wide Pants (Red) : 7.50%
Punk Knuckle Gloves (Red) : 7.00%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Black) : 7.00%
Baggy Pants (Brown) : 5.00%
Long Leather Boots (Brown) : 5.00%
Striped Shirt (Gray) : 5.00%
Beanie (Brown) : 5.00%
Horn-rimmed Glasses (Black) : 4.50%
Training Pants (Light Blue) : 4.50%
Leather Boots (Brown) : 4.50%
Horn-rimmed Glasses (Brown) : 2.50%
Aviator Sunglasses : 1.30%
Checkered Jacket : 1.30%
Long-sleeved Leather Shirt : 0.60%
Leather Hoodie (Black) : 0.32%
Leather Hoodie (White) : 0.32%
Cloth Mask (Leopard) : 0.16%

BIKER items
Long-sleeved T-shirt (Red) : 15.00%
School Shoes (Brown) : 15.00%
raglan shirt : 10.00%
T-shirt (Pink striped) : 10.00%
Polka Dot T-shirt : 10.00%
Dirty Long-sleeved T-shirt : 10.00%
School Shoes (Black) : 5.00%
Skinny Jeans (Khaki) : 5.00%
Gas Mask (Half) : 4.50%
Beanie (Gray) : 4.50%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Red) : 4.50%
Skinny Jeans (Pink) : 2.50%
Patrol Cap (Brown) : 1.20%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Gray Striped) : 1.20%
Patrol Cap (Gray) : 0.40%
Biker Pants (Black) : 0.40%
Floral Shirt (White) : 0.26%
Sneakers (Black) : 0.26%
Padded Jacket (Purple) : 0.06%
Princess Power Tank-top : 0.06%
Floral Shirt (Black) : 0.05%
Biker Pants (Gray) : 0.05%
Aviator Goggles : 0.03%
Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Brown) : 0.01%
Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Black) : 0.01%
Cloth Mask (Checkered) : 0.01%

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
I think this is the best thing I've seen happen in 200-something hours of this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEV6jyPGhM

I was on the defending team and we spent a minute or two trying to figure out who to congratulate for the kills before we realized what happened.

Of course, we then went on to win the round.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Key point from the patch notes:

Replays

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Extortionist posted:

I think this is the best thing I've seen happen in 200-something hours of this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEV6jyPGhM

I was on the defending team and we spent a minute or two trying to figure out who to congratulate for the kills before we realized what happened.

Of course, we then went on to win the round.

:laffo: That ending.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

mehall posted:

Key point from the patch notes:

Replays

I suppose it helps maintain the fiction that reporting a hacker actually does something.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So when spending bp after this patch we'll have a 40% chance of getting a crate we can't open unless we pay them real money?

gently caress that

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So when spending bp after this patch we'll have a 40% chance of getting a crate we can't open unless we pay them real money?

gently caress that

Just sell the crate. The drop rate for anything cool is obscenely low, and anything else you want you can just buy with the crate profit

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Real money required to open lootboxes in a game they already made insane profits on. Lootbox greed is a plague infecting the games industry.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Space Skeleton posted:

Real money required to open lootboxes in a game they already made insane profits on. Lootbox greed is a plague infecting the games industry.

It's optional

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Almost half of the new free loot crate has a <= .4 % chance of dropping. Looking forward to getting another few dozen t-shirts.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

eriddy posted:

It's optional

I know, still greedy as hell though.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Does anyone know if the battle eye bans are temporary or permanent?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

eriddy posted:

It's optional

I like how they're giving everyone 100,000 free coins and a few keys to spend on lootcrates in the test client. Have a taste of that dopamine rush now, come back later and buy some crates when they actually come out.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Space Skeleton posted:

You don't seem to realise that companies need sustained income if we want support and updates for years to come (10 years etc.). It has 100% been the plan to introduce MTX since the beginning, not just because PUBG happened to be very successful, and is most likely in some contract somewhere as a requirement anyways. MTX isn't inherently a bad thing either, e.g. Path of Exile has a great model in my opinion and is probably the only reason why that game is as good at it is and is still around.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If they want the game to last 10 years, they're also going to need to put some of that mountain of money to knocking out the jank and the hacks. Otherwise, if it's truly a "this game could be popular for ten years!" type market, then someone else will swoop in and make a slightly-less-lovely battle royale game and the cycle will continue. Hell, if it's a 10 year market, you'd probably get a AAA dev or two in the mix.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Games gunna be dead in a year tbh

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Space Skeleton posted:

As long as it’s just for cosmetics it doesn’t matter.

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

Space Skeleton posted:

I, too, hate capitalism.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

underage at the vape shop posted:

Games gunna be dead in a year tbh

I kind of agree, a year from now a lot of people will have moved onto the next big FPS. If they really wanted to increase the lifespan of their game they would release some kind of modding API and custom server stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

You don't seem to realise that companies need sustained income if we want support and updates for years to come (10 years etc.). It has 100% been the plan to introduce MTX since the beginning, not just because PUBG happened to be very successful, and is most likely in some contract somewhere as a requirement anyways. MTX isn't inherently a bad thing either, e.g. Path of Exile has a great model in my opinion and is probably the only reason why that game is as good at it is and is still around.

the boxed sales more than cover that.

poe is free to play.