Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Groovelord Neato posted:

the boxed sales more than cover that.

poe is free to play.

Renting servers to host 3 million people at once is pretty expensive but I couldn’t tell you how expensive. Also, Bluehole only gets a portion of every key purchased and very very small fee for every transaction for PUBG items on the marketplace.

Also isn’t PoE instance based, hosted by players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
The stuff that drops from the crates has always sucked for me. I just popped onto the market and outfitted my dude for 3 bucks. Granted, I wasn't buying top level stuff like the track suits and Columbine trench coats but I can part with a little money for cosmetics.

Also, do cosmetic things like ballistic masks gas masks etc give any kind of player boost? I say that a couple of my gas masks had a "+2" next to them. I didn't know what that symbolized.

Lastly, big ups to the goon who suggested crouch running. That is seriously ninja poo poo when everyone is clomping around the buildings like an AT-AT.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VulgarandStupid posted:

Renting servers to host 3 million people at once is pretty expensive but I couldn’t tell you how expensive. Also, Bluehole only gets a portion of every key purchased and very very small fee for every transaction for PUBG items on the marketplace.

Also isn’t PoE instance based, hosted by players?

They have multiple servers, and you play with people interchangeably from any of them, but if I log on NA I get lag even if I'm on my own. The game client's doesn't fully expose the game's logic and it all seems very server-side.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Pretty sure none of the cosmetic gear makes a material difference to anything. Used to be that coats and stuff increased carry capacity but not anymore, just (armour) vests and bags.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's really weird how ballistic masks and gas masks don't really do anything.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol if you haven't been saving your BP so you could buy up a bunch of new crates and immediately sell them for stupid amounts of money.

come on guys we've seen this pattern repeat itself how many times across how many games?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol if you haven't been saving your BP so you could buy up a bunch of new crates and immediately sell them for stupid amounts of money.

come on guys we've seen this pattern repeat itself how many times across how many games?

I think you are forgetting the weekly limit on crates.

But yea, you should save up 22k in BP starting now guys, and buy 6 crates immediately when the patch drops, and sell them for real monies.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I think you are forgetting the weekly limit on crates.

But yea, you should save up 22k in BP starting now guys, and buy 6 crates immediately when the patch drops, and sell them for real monies.

Uhh the crates will be hot for weeks because of the limit, so save up more than 22K or whatever.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

Uhh the crates will be hot for weeks because of the limit, so save up more than 22K or whatever.

True, I forget that I am a crack addict to this game and usually hit 5 crates a week :(

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

VulgarandStupid posted:

yep

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Gonna get a real good laugh when 4 of my 6 crates are wanderer/survivor.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Blue Hole is going to be a literal hole after Trump gets SK nuked so make hay while the sun shines I guess.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Use the Aug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD4xbMyYNOc

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Extortionist posted:

I think this is the best thing I've seen happen in 200-something hours of this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEV6jyPGhM

I was on the defending team and we spent a minute or two trying to figure out who to congratulate for the kills before we realized what happened.

Of course, we then went on to win the round.

I saw that grenade and was thinking how it was looking to be an amazing toss, but then... :doh:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufFvnccCA3M

choco a god drat inspiration

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

It’s no DP-27, or Vector, or Micro Uzi...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Always grab a stock I guess:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Are there locations where you have a higher chance of finding AR/SR suppressors or is it completely random?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Always grab a stock I guess:

Seems better to just not put a stock on and adjust your pull-down rate

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

keyframe posted:

Are there locations where you have a higher chance of finding AR/SR suppressors or is it completely random?

There are locations that, on average, have better loot, but it's still entirely random. RNG. (someone correct me if i am wrong)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Trying to get my money's worth out of Overwatch and playing total mayhem thinking how much more fun it is than usual. I like fast paced action. I see all the talk about this game but I also don't like running around for a half hour looking for someone. Bad idea to get it?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

codo27 posted:

Trying to get my money's worth out of Overwatch and playing total mayhem thinking how much more fun it is than usual. I like fast paced action. I see all the talk about this game but I also don't like running around for a half hour looking for someone. Bad idea to get it?

probably, yes

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Dude is the living embodiment of the Good Vibes™ Bushido code that we should all strive towards.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

codo27 posted:

Yes, you'll probably be frustrated rather than entertained. PUBG is more a long period of boredom with short spikes of intense action.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

keyframe posted:

Yes, always look on the bodies of people you kill.

codo27 posted:

On the old map just drop somewhere remotely in the center and you’ll usually hear gunfire in the distance which means people to look for. In the new map, there’s no good way to find people mid game and you’ll probably see 6 dudes all game.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah a game of pubg is paced more like a horror movie than an action movie. Maybe there's a big action sequence at the beginning, maybe there isn't, but there's gonna be a long period of tense pseudo-waiting where you don't know when the next fight is coming, only that it is. Maybe you get to break that tension yourself, and maybe someone does it for you.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah a game of pubg is paced more like a horror movie than an action movie. Maybe there's a big action sequence at the beginning, maybe there isn't, but there's gonna be a long period of tense pseudo-waiting where you don't know when the next fight is coming, only that it is. Maybe you get to break that tension yourself, and maybe someone does it for you.

This is probably the most poetic explanation of pubg possible.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I lowered my resolution and have subsequently stopped sucking balls. Come witness: www.twitch.tv/lexneville

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This is probably the most poetic explanation of pubg possible.
It's the thing that's distinct about it compared to other shooters and probably why it's sold 3 bazillion copies despite basically being titled "big joe's big shoot gun demo game".

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Parallel Playa posted:

I lowered my resolution and have subsequently stopped sucking balls. Come witness: www.twitch.tv/lexneville

Were you just having framerate issues and thats why you lowered your resolution, or is there some competitive reason you lowered it?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
What'd you lower it to? Looks like my resolution (one under 1920x1080, changed to get a better framerate).

Also lol that kar98 shot through the fence.

Good shot.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think that's the biggest draw for me, is the tension. Sure, you might be camped out in a building for ten minutes, but you also might end up in a firefight ten seconds later.

You get the little dopamine rush from the looting, the hectic adrenaline rush of the mid game firefights and when you get a kill it truly means something.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

Sure, you might be camped out in a building for ten minutes, but you also might end up in a firefight ten seconds later.

Why does anyone do this to themselves?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Were you just having framerate issues and thats why you lowered your resolution, or is there some competitive reason you lowered it?

I had framerate issues so I lowered it to become more competitive.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What'd you lower it to? Looks like my resolution (one under 1920x1080, changed to get a better framerate).

Also lol that kar98 shot through the fence.

Good shot.

1600x900. Thanks!

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

No Safe Word posted:

Sometimes after driving to the houses in the middle of the circle I expect other people to do the same, so I’ll hang out by a nice 2nd story window, but no-one ever comes. Then the circle shifts and I get shot going back to the car :/

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

No Safe Word posted:

Yea, I don't get it. I am always actively looking for a fight unless the circle is closing within 20 seconds, then I'll wait it out under cover and make my next decision.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

gotta post sometime

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

I dunno about 10 minutes, but if I get a lucky house in an endgame late circle, and it's obviously one of the best places to be for that circle, I'm often inclined to stay there, even for multiple circles if I can. It'd be hard to call it camping or "doing nothing", at worst it's "doing nothing with your heartrate massively elevated because the remaining 8 guys are out there and they all want to be where you are."

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

No Safe Word posted:

I can only take so many bong rips in the first minute of the match, do you really expect me to go an entire game without taking fat bong hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

No Safe Word posted:

I copy chocotaco and drive to the middle of the circle, punch out every window, and actively move from window to window, shooting every thing that moves. I usually get at least one fight