Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheMaskedUgly posted:

This, but unironically

You call yourself a member of these dead gay comedy forums with a straight face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
:cumpolice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqs7IDj5JlE

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqV1KE9iwBU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/9wBe9Mk.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zipperelli. posted:

They're suing private companies for discrimination? :lol: get hosed.

Of course you can sue private companies for discrimination. Antidiscrimination law would be pretty loving useless if you couldn't. A Christian baker who refuses to bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding is also a private company. Or, you know, a Woolworth with a lunch counter.

NB: This is not addressing the merits of any particular antidiscrimination suit. Just taking exception with the notion that somehow private companies should be off-limits.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

ThIs woman is dead

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oh dope posted:

ThIs woman is dead

as sure as the sun rises

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
This speaks to me

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Samizdata posted:

You call yourself a member of these dead gay comedy forums with a straight face?

Not with a straight face, no...:gay:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

put my body in a meat grinder or in a small box with insane animals carrying razors?!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

datajugend posted:

put my body in a meat grinder or in a small box with insane animals carrying razors?!

Yeah I don't see how any part of that plan screamed good idea.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

datajugend posted:

Her PPE is severely lacking and probably an OSHA violation. She should be at least wearing a bomb suit.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
schrodinger's two cats 1 girl

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyING6J2i6Q

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Man there are a metric fuckton of 'badidea.gif's in this thread but this is pretty far up there :stare:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
For me, it will always be the jet pilot who had to test out the effects of zero gravity on animals by performing parabolic arcs in his plane and releasing the test animal as he started his descent.

The animal selected for him to release in his tiny cockpit? A cat.

A creature made from fur, piss and razor blades, floating directly in front of your unprotected face.

Brilliant :eng99:

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Jan 9, 2018

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

NiceGuy posted:

Man there are a metric fuckton of 'badidea.gif's in this thread but this is pretty far up there :stare:

You know what? Never bathe a cat. If they get into something gross, hit them with the hose and that's it. But otherwise....yeah, never the gently caress mind.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You know what? Never bathe a cat. If they get into something gross, hit them with the hose and that's it. But otherwise....yeah, never the gently caress mind.

There is a third option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTUxFSLDu0E&t=2s

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Ah yes, the ol' "how to get an enemy for life" machine.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

swordfish duelist posted:

Yeah I don't see how any part of that plan screamed good idea.

I can almost see the line of thinking, since I have had dogs who hate baths and would've loved to have a door of some sort to keep them in. That said, my dogs couldn't jump 5 times their height into the air and aim directly at my face, and I only bathed one at a time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I can almost see the line of thinking, since I have had dogs who hate baths and would've loved to have a door of some sort to keep them in. That said, my dogs couldn't jump 5 times their height into the air and aim directly at my face, and I only bathed one at a time.

Yeah, the way a dog retaliates for an unwanted bath is just sitting in mute silence during the bath, staring you in the eyes with a look of "why are you doing this to me? Do you no longer love me? Was I a bad dog?" breaking your heart.

Cats attack the body, dogs go for the soul.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've been unsuccessfully trying to find a video version of the gif to check but it looks like the cats were pretty calm until the orange one snapped and went instantly ballistic which set the other one off as well

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Mezzanon posted:

Ah yes, the ol' "how to get an enemy for life" machine.

That's the default mode of cats.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, the way a dog retaliates for an unwanted bath is just sitting in mute silence during the bath, staring you in the eyes with a look of "why are you doing this to me? Do you no longer love me? Was I a bad dog?" breaking your heart.

there are more dogs who love getting a bath than ones who dont

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

zakharov posted:

That's the default mode of cats.

Yeah, with dogs if you give them snacks and scritches all of your prior indiscretions are forgiven forever-
It's different with cats; that's merely the basic stuff you have to do for them to deign to acknowledge you as an acceptable presence in their environment.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

I have found that you can confuse a cat that's hostile to baths with bubble bath, but YMMV.

EDIT: would still not recommend that this be attempted with two cats at once.

Old Boot has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Jan 9, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BraveUlysses posted:

there are more dogs who love getting a bath than ones who dont

Oh agreed, my big ol' chocolate lab *loved* baths as a rule. But there have been a couple times when he was super resistant. Granted those were all times he got his annual skunk spray to the snout, so those were generally unpleasant for everyone involved. That's when I'd get the "you don't love me anymore" looks, and that's a devastating look from a lab.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

swordfish duelist posted:

My brother got convicted of non- violent resisting arrest when he was 15 at a party because the cops showed up to break up the party and he was so scared that he didn't step outside when the cops came to the door.

This has bled off on me and my little brother, last time I got pulled over for a broken tail light the cops asked if I was related to him, when I answered honestly I was immediately thrown in cuffs while they searched my car.

gently caress the cops.

if you’re in the US the solution to this is to not say ANYTHING to the cops, except for these 4 phrases:

“Am I free to leave?” (and maybe “why am I being detained?” if the answer is “no”),
“I want to remain silent,”
“I do not consent to search,” and
“I want to talk to a lawyer.”

These phrases activate certain legal protections and rights.

The “I do not consent to search” one is the newest because cops are now taking silence as consent. :(

Source: NLG “know your rights” training.

i know that’s off-topic for the Schad thread but if it can help someone in an encounter with the cops it’s worth it. ACAB.

ChickenOfTomorrow has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Jan 9, 2018

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

Cats go for the soul too. They just try to remove the flesh to get to it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

When I first got a kitten, the first time we gave her a bath she gave me the sad puppy dog look. I leaned down to her face and as soon as I was within striking distance she clawed the gently caress out of me. Clever girl.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

if you’re in the US the solution to this is to not say ANYTHING to the cops, except for these 4 phrases:

“Am I free to leave?” (and maybe “why am I being detained?” if the answer is “no”),

The “I do not consent to search” one is the newest because cops are now taking silence as consent. :(

i know that’s off-topic for the Schad thread but if it can help someone in an encounter with the cops it’s worth it. ACAB.

Oh yeah, it's in the US. It was specifically the royal palm police department back in '06. I was 19 and still thought the cops were there to help. Oh how wrong I was.

I've since moved away and now that I live in a small town, the cops are assholes but they're not completely terrible.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
A friend of mine has a cat who, in addition to being frighteningly intelligent, also loved to get in the shower with my friend. The cat stopped doing it after getting into the shower with my friend's sister, who didn't realize her shower companion was a cat and started screaming hysterically. That feels schadenfreude-y enough to include in this thread.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

trickybiscuits posted:

A friend of mine has a cat who, in addition to being frighteningly intelligent, also loved to get in the shower with my friend. The cat stopped doing it after getting into the shower with my friend's sister, who didn't realize her shower companion was a cat and started screaming hysterically. That feels schadenfreude-y enough to include in this thread.

When my last set of cats were kittens, they would howl outside of the shower until they figured out how to wedge a paw in and push the shower door open enough to squeeze through.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Also if anyone out there hasn't seen this, you should.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/the-confessions/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just a reminder that you can be smug and correct about your rights, but that ain't gonna stop catching an asskicking from cops if they want or suspect you of something and they probably won't get punished for it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cats are like rainman, it's not the water they hate so much as they hate the sound of the faucet. Before my fat fat cat got less fat, we'd have to occasionally bathe him to get his butt un-crusted (thank god that's over with) and room temp standing water just made him depressed about life instead of violently fearful about it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bobby Digital posted:

When my last set of cats were kittens, they would howl outside of the shower until they figured out how to wedge a paw in and push the shower door open enough to squeeze through.

I doubt I'm the only one whose cats when they were around loved to jump in the shower stall/tub the moment you turned off the shower and stepped out.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

well yeah, this is Hell World, but this isn’t the geohell thread

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My cat does not enjoy being washed, but she just takes it and looks very sad about it. Bathing is reserved for the dingle berries that a fluffy butt has on occasion.

Otherwise water doesn't bother her, she can get water dripped on her and it's like nothing happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Owning cats honestly sounds like hell any time anybody posts about it and I honestly don't know why people do it. But I appreciate that they do because of the videos they produce.