Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

If you're all bored, this would be a great time to catch up on great runs like EL MATADOR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goatface posted:

The games that people can run blindfolded are also completely predictable abuses of the system. They generally just don't last 90 minutes.

They're also runs of better games.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

jimmydalad posted:

The only Shining Force games that I know and played are NEO and EXA. I’m honestly not sure anyone else knows these games exist cause I haven’t seen any let’s plays of them.

You should pick up a genesis instead of kinda bad games

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm gonna walk around the city and get a tuna hoagie from sal's. Anyone want anything?

They have good seafood but it takes a while for them to prepare it

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ramos posted:

If you're all bored, this would be a great time to catch up on great runs like EL MATADOR.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216691612?t=13h38m29s

Here's even a link if you're feeling lazy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Your Computer posted:

what happened to all the discussions from the previous GDQ threads where people were mad at glitch abuse because they wanted "pure execution and skill"

I like glitches so long as they aren't stuff like "I have to tediously walk on this one pixel wide OOB path to save 10 seconds"

Worked for me

Saint Freak posted:

I just finished a speedrun of my lunch AMA.

Medium Roast Beef, Arby's Sauce%

Should've gone with that Smokehouse Chicken and/or met the Buffalo Chicken Slider incentive

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Ramos posted:

I'm catching up on RISK OF RAIN, will report back

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I'm back in the game my friends. Anything I need to check out since Serious Sam 3 last night? What's the new hotness in memes this morning

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
people don't remember shining force because of the disgusting liberal nintendo bias in north american gaming discussion

it's like everyone going ah aerisths dies it was such an unique moment in games at that point and phantasy star 4 did it first

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I just realized I meant to also say that some people goddamn love RPG runs, and more power to them. It is cool that there are people willing to put in the amount of work to run this poo poo, I'd lose my mind. Take this run, and remember he had TWO routes ready to go based on the donation incentive.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

JethroMcB posted:

Should've gone with that Smokehouse Chicken and/or met the Buffalo Chicken Slider incentive

One time I got Buffalo Chicken Sliders and the Arby's person straight-up told me they hate making them and hate that people order them and I didn't really know how to take that other than I guess I can't ever order those anymore.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ZypherIM posted:

I just realized I meant to also say that some people goddamn love RPG runs, and more power to them. It is cool that there are people willing to put in the amount of work to run this poo poo, I'd lose my mind. Take this run, and remember he had TWO routes ready to go based on the donation incentive.

route 1: seth
route 2: seth

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

This sure is a run :geno:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm gonna walk around the city and get a tuna hoagie from sal's. Anyone want anything?

If you get Sal to step on the Action Tile you can make the hoagie yourself

NOW WHAT IS AN ACTION TILE YOU MIGHT ASK, WELL

Another great day of AGDQ. Love working my childhood games get destroyed. Money goes to kill the frames, kill the games.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This runner seems like he's doing all he can but FE is not fun to watch.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

I'm back in the game my friends. Anything I need to check out since Serious Sam 3 last night? What's the new hotness in memes this morning

did you really stop watching right before one of the best runs so far, El Matador?

other than that all the Castlevania runs were great per usual

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Dias posted:

people don't remember shining force because of the disgusting liberal nintendo bias in north american gaming discussion

it's like everyone going ah aerisths dies it was such an unique moment in games at that point and phantasy star 4 did it first

:yeah:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also they mispelled erika

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

tyblazitar posted:

did you really stop watching right before one of the best runs so far, El Matador?

other than that all the Castlevania runs were great per usual

Ah gently caress I can't believe I've done this. Also yeah I had to get some sleep, I'd been watching the stream since like 8am in some form and had to call it a night. Got a link to El Matador?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

route 1: seth
route 2: seth

seth, except you can guarantee that he gets near-perfect levels on top of everything else

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mp5 posted:

If you get Sal to step on the Action Tile you can make the hoagie yourself

NOW WHAT IS AN ACTION TILE YOU MIGHT ASK, WELL

I laughed way too hard at this thank you my friend

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

Ah gently caress I can't believe I've done this. Also yeah I had to get some sleep, I'd been watching the stream since like 8am in some form and had to call it a night. Got a link to El Matador?

Ramos posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216691612?t=13h38m29s

Here's even a link if you're feeling lazy.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Shining Force is terrific but both those games' speedruns are like 6 hours so gently caress that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shining Force NEO is actually really good as a not-Shining Force because it's basically something inbetween Ys and Xanadu Next. Lots of dungeon crawling with really fast combat. Super addicting gameplay loop. Just not a Shining Force game proper.

I still have to get EXA but maybe someday they'll wind up on PS2-on-PS4 if Sony ever remembers that they were doing that

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
here's an EL MATADOR youtube mirror until the official VOD is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhOK09YX6E

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

mp5 posted:

Shining Force is terrific but both those games' speedruns are like 6 hours so gently caress that

Yeah I looked into it at one point thinking like, "oh hm I wonder if I could run my favourite game" but nope

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I find it fun to see how they keep killing all the waifus you supposed to recruit.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

TOME

THE OTHER TOME

THE MORE POWERFUL TOME LATER ON

TOME

zzzzzz

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

beep by grandpa posted:

I'll pass.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

holy poo poo el matador is good

very good

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Waffles Inc. posted:

holy poo poo el matador is good

very good

*turns sideways, rockets into space*

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm going to watch El Matador now

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This runner seems like he's doing all he can but FE is not fun to watch.

If you like FE games yourself, it's fascinating, especially if you haven't kept up on FE speed tech.

I like this run a lot :shobon:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kaubocks posted:

just like most other speedruns provided people don't make mistakes?

I dunno, watching someone pull off an insane jump in a 3D Mario where timing and positioning is super variable and precise than moving units in a turn-based RPG where character movement is dictated by a grid. Especially when it's like this an it's super RNG manipulated. This is more of a display of rote memorization than player skill.

I mean, can he even lose at all?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ahaha the other guy on the couch who up until now has been camoflaged finally said something 50 minutes into the run

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

If you like FE games yourself, it's fascinating, especially if you haven't kept up on FE speed tech.

I like this run a lot :shobon:

Call me an rear end but I'm sure these games are good and fun but mannnn I hate the graphics hard.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I mean, can he even lose at all?

No

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

i'm laughing literally every time he turns sideways to clip

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

beep by grandpa posted:

Call me an rear end but I'm sure these games are good and fun but mannnn I hate the graphics hard.

I am hereby calling you an rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
HE MANIPULATED RNG
AND GAVE SETH ALL THE LEVELS
SO THAT HE COULD BEAT THE GAME

• Locked thread