Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Waffles Inc. posted:

*looks at thread title and thread contents, pats forehead with handkerchief*

Nah I don't mean like simulwatching I think I misunderstood what beep was talking about, I was thinking more like when lots of people want someone to stream their reactions to watching a show, and so they're not really interacting together as much as they are waiting for what this one person thinks about whatever media. That I don't really get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Don't think I've seen a Prime 3 run before, I'm not familiar with what, if any, OOB bullshit there is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm going to watch El Matador now

I watched it and it lived up to the hype. I love how casual all the sideways levitating was and then the end where his couch was diving along with him was A+

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Soup du Jour posted:

I love egg puns but I’m never good at them myself, always have to poach them from others
As expected from a yokel.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In other news they just killed Lyon in the FE run and theres the final boss so we're almost done

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That one passionate "NOOOO!" from the crowd as Vanessa dies

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

grand theft grotto posted:

Nah I don't mean like simulwatching I think I misunderstood what beep was talking about, I was thinking more like when lots of people want someone to stream their reactions to watching a show, and so they're not really interacting together as much as they are waiting for what this one person thinks about whatever media. That I don't really get.

Oh yeah single people alone reacting alone is boring af but I love crowds reacting to spoilers, world reveals, etc. That poo poo rules

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Paradise City run has been pretty weak. The donations, on the other hand have been insane. :psyduck:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh yeah single people alone reacting alone is boring af but I love crowds reacting to spoilers, world reveals, etc. That poo poo rules

Also people/personalities alone reacting to poo poo is all fake & phony af anyway

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017
annnnnd time

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ephraim, the real of FE8, just killed the final boss while unpromoted. Pack up it, we're done.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Waffles Inc. posted:

this risk of rain run is really joyous--what a great couch and runner--good vibes, interesting looking game I've never heard of

10/10 would watch again

Echoing the other guy, if you're interested grab it when you can. There is a lot of meat to the game that doesn't show up in a run like the one he did, and with all the characters and co-op there is a ton of replay action.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

beep by grandpa posted:

Okay yeah those are pretty fun, I don't follow Let's Plays anymore but I used to be involved on the forum here a long time ago because it was fun to see a thread of people guessing what would happen next in a game, etc.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ramos posted:

Oh thank goodness.

Opinions on the most important Fire Emblem, Tokyo Mirage: Sessions Hash Sign FE?

i was playing it with my wife and was generally enjoying some of the ridiculousness (like cavaliers riding motorcycles) but she was only in it for the story and found the dungeons boring so i haven't really gone back to it in a bit. only made it as far as the part where barry gets possessed. do wanna go back to it at some point.

was a little bummed to see that all FE references were either from shadow dragon or awakening tho

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
that sleep-inducing run into DAYTONAAAAA gave me whiplash like whoa

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I thought Fire Emblem was a series about having a child with your sister but I guess that's just the newest one.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

DaytonaAaAaAaAaAaAaAa. And now it's the Mother Brain fight for not having a SM run this AGDQ lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

beep by grandpa posted:

Also people/personalities alone reacting to poo poo is all fake & phony af anyway

And yeah, that is specifically most of why I don't get that particular thing.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hope you like the Mother Brain music because that's the only time we'll be hearing it this year :buddy:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Bloody Pom posted:

Don't think I've seen a Prime 3 run before, I'm not familiar with what, if any, OOB bullshit there is.

it's going to be mostly oob most likely, like every other prime run

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Saint Freak posted:

I thought Fire Emblem was a series about having a child with your sister but I guess that's just the newest one.

that was 4's plot and it causes the actual antichrist

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

alright well i'm not a big metroid prime fan and i think claris runs are generally a snoozefest so i guess i'll go check out what el matador is all about

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Prime 1 is the best of the three due to the infinite speed morph ball glitch.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

and that does it for runs I’m interested in today, although may pop in for 3D world if I’m free

see y’all for toy story

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
oh hey it's Claris, she did good on mania so maybe this will also be good??

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZypherIM posted:

There are poo poo-tons of speedruns where there is less risk of run ending than RNG manip runs. Most 100% runs quickly get past any sort of danger for example, or stuff like mario-64 has basically no chance of game overing.

Yeah but that's still more interesting; seeing someone make a mistake that costs them a life or a trick that has one shot in working and failing sets them back several minutes is exciting. It's fun seeing risky play, and that doesn't really apply here.

Bholder posted:

How is memorizing where and how to jump any different than to know what buttons to push in what order to manipulate RNG as fast as possible?

Because positioning the character isn't absolute and small variables will lead to failing the jump or whatever trick you're trying to do. There's no risk at all, this isn't a strange quirky game that's fun to laugh at, there's no glitches or anything that seemingly break the game in humorous ways; this is probably interesting to someone that's played this game but I haven't so I'm not sure what to find entertaining about runs like this.

At least it's over!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The donation comment about speedrunning real life made me think of this Mega64 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzyUcXR05Z4

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Watched El Matador. Was not disappointed

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

there's no glitches or anything that seemingly break the game in humorous ways

i mean there was the glitch he used several times to take over enemy characters, move them around and unequipping their weapons, i thought that was cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hivac posted:

that was 4's plot and it causes the actual antichrist

god, what a good series

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Everything after Prime 3 looks at least a bit interesting up to Silent Hill (:v:)

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Dias posted:

Everything after Prime 3 looks at least a bit interesting up to Silent Hill (:v:)

I'm on a conference call during all the interesting runs from today. Feels bad man :-(

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I got a probably dumb question but are all of these vinyl soundtracks they have as prizes this year like self-made or something? They all look pretty awesome and poo poo but I somehow don't think they're official releases from back in the day or whatever?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tyblazitar posted:

i mean there was the glitch he used several times to take over enemy characters, move them around and unequipping their weapons, i thought that was cool

Oh really? I joined halfway through the run and I didn't see him do it. :(

But I'm also at work and can't only focus on the stream.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

abraxas posted:

I got a probably dumb question but are all of these vinyl soundtracks they have as prizes this year like self-made or something? They all look pretty awesome and poo poo but I somehow don't think they're official releases from back in the day or whatever?

A lot of old-school games are getting retro vinyl releases through smaller merch stores like iam8bit and stuff.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

s.i.r.e. posted:

A lot of old-school games are getting retro vinyl releases through smaller merch stores like iam8bit and stuff.

Ahh right, makes sense... I figured it was a FanGamer (or sites like FanGamer) type of thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll take a wild guess and say Mellon Collie and The Infinite Samusness isn't an official release, yeah.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

abraxas posted:

Vinyl is back and there's a whole lot of companies of varying quality you can throw $30 at to get the Streets of Rage soundtrack on an LP or whatever.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't even own a phonograph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Man I really like the Prime 3 menu music.

• Locked thread