Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
They kept the name on my comment :saddowns:

and now to see MP3 get obliterated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
crowded couch haha

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That is a cramped couch.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
would not want to sit in that couch, one of you get a chair ffs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have a record player that lets you rip records through usb thereby defeating the entire point

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wait, was that bobble head always there? I figure I'd remember that from the wii release.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Holy gently caress El Matador GOTY

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Metroid Prime 3 is taking me back to a time when people got bobble heads instead of Funco pops..

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

homphgomph posted:

Man I really like the Prime 3 menu music.

the metroid primes have some amazing music

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ramos posted:

Wait, was that bobble head always there? I figure I'd remember that from the wii release.

It's one of those credits bonuses in the Trilogy idk if it was in the standalone

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Saint Freak posted:

I have a record player that lets you rip records through usb thereby defeating the entire point

a lot of these releases are really badly mastered and they sound uniquely bad so you can pretend you're playing through a noisy and broken tv

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

this is a 2.5hr run, the right-hand couch commentator is gonna be stuck in that position for the rest of their life lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I cant tell if PMG is wearing jeans up to her chest or if that's just the blurriness of the couch cam playing tricks

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
couch situation: not comfortable

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
thread poll: which couch member is most uncomfortable

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Quest For Glory II posted:

I cant tell if PMG is wearing jeans up to her chest or if that's just the blurriness of the couch cam playing tricks

gamers with bad posture? i never

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Immersion Status: CLEAR

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

it's a two-colour sweater, judging by the sleeves

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Your Computer posted:

the metroid primes have some amazing music

:yeah:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Regy Rusty posted:

It's one of those credits bonuses in the Trilogy idk if it was in the standalone

I want to say it was but I'm pretty sure you had to unlock it as well.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

corn on the cop posted:

whoever's on the right looks like their arm's about to break off

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

2.5 hours aghhh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I dont understand how nintendo made the prime games look so good for the hardware they're on

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

it's the sweater, look at her arms

yellow couch looks much more comfy, that one lady doesn't even have a mic, not sure why she doesn't go back there instead

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Vermain posted:

whoever's on the right looks like their arm's about to break off

their pose is best described as "trying not to make deliberate contact with your crush at a crowded house party"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I dont understand how nintendo made the prime games look so good for the hardware they're on

the prime games are proof that video games are art

I mean heck, that trilogy has more atmosphere than most other video games combined

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

drat NO

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

definitely the guy on the far right, unless he had an unusually shaped spine before sitting down

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm not sure why i'm surprised even a sub only chat can't behave itself when a trans woman is on screen

ah well, at least metroid prime 3 owns

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

oof, that guy on the right is trying a little too hard to be funny

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Samus is not a hero, she's a bounty hunter.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah but that's still more interesting; seeing someone make a mistake that costs them a life or a trick that has one shot in working and failing sets them back several minutes is exciting. It's fun seeing risky play, and that doesn't really apply here.

Because positioning the character isn't absolute and small variables will lead to failing the jump or whatever trick you're trying to do. There's no risk at all, this isn't a strange quirky game that's fun to laugh at, there's no glitches or anything that seemingly break the game in humorous ways; this is probably interesting to someone that's played this game but I haven't so I'm not sure what to find entertaining about runs like this.

At least it's over!

I think you're missing part of the whole thing with RNG manip runs, which is it requires them to not gently caress it up over the course of the game. FE seems to be a bit more forgiving with saves/loads and stuff, but if he messed up any of his manips that'd be a level restart at least. When your run requires you to be setting up that crit to kill the boss, failing to get it almost always means he just creams you. Stuff like step counter manips in runs like ff7 fall into this same sort of category.

I'll agree it isn't a high tension breath hold sort of moment, but sort of a medium-high constant tension. There is a lot of risk in these types of runs, but it isn't always as apparent.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
The guy on the right should just lay across the other 3 ala 'Paint me like one of your french girls' style.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

tyblazitar posted:

definitely the guy on the far right, unless he had an unusually shaped spine before sitting down

yeah far right would probably be just fine letting his weight shift into the pink gal but he's contorting like she's made of lava

DizzyBum posted:

oof, that guy on the right is trying a little too hard to be funny

yeah it's gonna get a bit long in the teeth i think

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

why not both

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

That guy on the right is going to need a doctor after this run. 2.5 hours holding that position is going to be hell on his back.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

i'm not sure why i'm surprised even a sub only chat can't behave itself when a trans woman is on screen

ah well, at least metroid prime 3 owns

there's an entire subculture on twitch that will pay ten bucks to insult a streamer in sub-only mode, and there's a number of streamers who let them do it because joke's on you nerd, i got your ten bucks

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmfao i tuned in real quick to check out the couch situation and y'all weren't fuckin lying jesus

i think there's also someone in a chair off camera??

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tyblazitar posted:

thread poll: unusually shaped spine before or after sitting down on the couch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
I don't know MP3, does it have all the crazy out of bounds the others do?

• Locked thread