Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The people have spoken, she must set the unicorn free for her heart is impure and taints it with her presence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lmao divorce in one text

I'd like to think that, if I could make people get divorced in one text, I'd use my powers for good, but drat, that temptation...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Also I'm late but...I'm imagining some horrible family comedy that switches to body horror halfway through and has a scene where the daughter is freeze-framing their parents sex tape and saying stuff like "enhance!" while her brother cringes more but looks anyway.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Shall I torpedo my realistically last chance at happiness? Yes I will, because I’m an idiot:

I [50 M] am dating a great GF [37 F] for 4 months. I want to continue to date her but also have a mistress. Am I delusional?

quote:

u/Bootie_Mash
I [50 M] have never had a relationship longer than 2 or 3 years. I attribute this to the fact that I've been insecure, have had low self-esteem, and have been socially awkward since I've been a toddler.

When I look back on my life, the women I've been in relationships have all been attractive, kind, interesting, positive people. Yet because of my insecurities and the fact I've never loved myself I've never been able to commit and have ended all of these relationships or purposely sabotaged them.

I'm now in a new relationship of about 4 months. She [37 F] is attractive, interesting, and I enjoy spending time with her. She also has a daughter of 11 who I also like a lot and I treat her like my own daughter. She emigrated here 6 years ago from Eastern Europe and got her MBA. She now works as an analyst.

She is very feminine and likes to take care of me - cooking, cleaning, massages, very affectionate, always texting me positive messages. She likes to take on the traditional role of the woman. I open doors for her, hold her hand, and am "in charge" when we are out and about at a restaurant or wherever. She is also sort of old school in that I pay for everything. All our entertainment, dinners, trips, etc. I often buy her moderately expensive gifts (perfume, shoes, etc.).

This is OK as I make quite a lot of money (more than I really need) and she probably only makes between 60-80K which is a paltry amount where we live (in the most expensive city in the US). I don't mind paying for her and she expects me to. I have a nice house outside the city and an apartment in the city. I think her goal is to move into my house with her daughter. And, actually, I think I probably would like that. It gets a little lonely here.

Truth be told, I'm selfish and getting old. I want to find "the one" whom I'll settle down with. I like the idea of a woman taking care of me and believe in the older, traditional roles of men and women. Though I will say I also cook for her, clean (I'm sort of OCD about cleanliness - my grooming/hygiene, my house, my car, etc.) help take care of her daughter (rides to piano lessons, dancing lessons, etc.), and try the best I can to make her feel loved.

All this said, I still want to be able to date another woman on the side. I would like to have a mistress, if you will. My reasons for this are three-fold: 1. The sex with my GF is vanilla and though it is pleasurable it's just not great. 2. I always eventually get bored with sex with a single person. 3. I think because of my insecurities and never believing that anyone truly loved me that I seek out multiple and new people to spend time (and have sex) with. (Though I find as I get older I am more secure and my self-esteem has improved significantly.)

I have spent a lot of time wondering if this arrangement may be possible and how I could accomplish this. One time she said something to the effect of "I don't want to know" regarding if I would date another woman which I took to be a sign that maybe I could pull this off. Then more recently she said if she ever caught me cheating I would never see her again.

All I want is to provide a comfortable life for her and her daughter, enjoy my time with her, help raise her daughter BUT also have a fling here and there. What are the chances I could accomplish this? Or should I just let her go and possibly just die old and alone? Or is there someone out there whom I wouldn't feel the need to have a mistress on the side? Or do I seek out one of these poly type of arrangements? I have been feeling a lot of anxiety and sadness about this.

I welcome any feedback. I'm sure I'm probably coming across as naive and immature. That's because I am.

tl;dr: Found a GF I want to date long term but I also want to have another girl on the side/Am I mad?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Milotic posted:

Shall I torpedo my realistically last chance at happiness? Yes I will, because I’m an idiot:

I [50 M] am dating a great GF [37 F] for 4 months. I want to continue to date her but also have a mistress. Am I delusional?

somehow this man is 50 and yet has never had a relationship longer than 2-3 years? i wonder why :thunk:

engagement ring price drama but not the way you think:

How do I[20F] explain to my boyfriend[22] that I don’t want the ring he bought me

quote:

submitted 6 hours ago by itwasnotwhoithought

My awesome boyfriend bought me a ring. It’s lovely and I do like it. There’s nothing wrong with the ring in terms of style. I do have a problem with the price. He bought it for 300 dollars and in my opinion, that is a lot of money for a young person to be spending on a ring that isn’t an engagement ring. We are college students so the idea of dropping 300 for a ring is not a good idea to me. I feel a bit too guilty to be wearing this ring and I do want him to return it and maybe get a ring that is of lower cost.

We have talked about this and I did explain to him that I want him to return it after knowing the price of it but he said that he felt a bit sad after I asked him to return it because I should take it as it is. However, other than the fact that it is expensive, I do not think 300 is an appropriate price for the ring either. It has cubic zirconium diamonds and it’s a 14k gold. I don’t really know much about jewelry but I feel like 300 is a hefty price for that ring. It’s a ring from a popular jewelry brand. I told him this and he said that I was making him feel sad because he explained I was making him feel like he didn’t get a good deal since it was on sale.

What should I do? Do I just take the ring and be happy with it?

TLDR; boyfriend bought expensive ring that I don’t want and want him to return it

girl pants fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 9, 2018

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

veiled boner fuel posted:

Nah, he’s way worse.

Ha, I just realized the idiot with the $5K yearly gaming tab is probably buying loot crates full of pretty dresses and costumes for his favorite Overwatch/League of Legends/whatever character while he neglects his pitiful meatspace human girlfriend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you want a mistress on the side maybe date a woman even younger and more financially beholden to you?

Imagine being 50 and blaming being an insecure toddler on you imploding youre relationships out of greed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yikes. The ghost of fruity boots yet to come is a hot mess.

Must this post come to pass, reddit?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Barudak posted:

That girl needs to put a ring on that.

Does he need any friends? Asking for me.

Goddamn that was an ice cold knife and twist.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

girl pants posted:

engagement ring price drama but not the way you think:

How do I[20F] explain to my boyfriend[22] that I don’t want the ring he bought me

Her BF probably didn't even actually spend $300 on the ring.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
My [28F] grandfather [88M] is dying and requested to meet my daughter [2M], I haven’t spoken to him in 9 years.

quote:

u/Superman_stan
Background: I got married really young, at 18. I got divorced at 19 after he beat the poo poo out of me. My family is Irish Catholic and I was shunned by most of my family after hearing of my divorce. My grandparents (one of which is the grandfather mentioned in the title) sent me and letter letting me know I was a disgrace and the first divorce in family history, how dare I put a black mark on the family tree?

Needless to say, I called them the second I read the letter and told them to gently caress off and they can shove it. This further shunned me from the family.

Fast forward to a few days ago, I’ve had no contact in almost 10 years. I am remarried, a great job, bought a home, had a beautiful daughter in October, and generally middle class successful. I get a call from my Great Aunt, my grandfathers sister, who I have also not spoken to in a decade. She explains my grandfather has had a stroke and along with other health complications, he is in hospice. He has asked her to reach out and wants to speak to me before his death and meet his great granddaughter.

I told her to gently caress off and me getting beat up got me exiled, they should all be ashamed for leaving a teenager to fall to pieces. This did not got over well. Now all of a sudden I’m getting a flood of messages and calls from every family member I haven’t thought about in years.

My father, this is his family, is asking that I go and let him see his great granddaughter before he dies. He’s asked me to be the bigger person and make a dying man happy. My father has always supported me 100% and always stuck up for me with his family. His love for me is unconditional and I love and respect him very much. He is the reason I am conflicted.

I have pulled myself up from being homeless and divorced as a teenager to comfortable in my late twenties. No support from these people, they are pieces of poo poo. But my dad asking me to be the bigger person is making me feel like I should visit, even for closure. My daughter will be asleep and never remember so no harm to her.

I need advice or maybe help from someone in a similar situation?

TL;DR My family disowned me after my divorce, now my dying grandfather wants to meet my daughter. I am conflicted because my father asked me to be the bigger person.

You go Peterella.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Milotic posted:

My [28F] grandfather [88M] is dying and requested to meet my daughter [2M], I haven’t spoken to him in 9 years.

You go Peterella.

Visit only on the condition granddad leaves everything that would go to the poo poo family to her. Everything.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milotic posted:

You go Peterella.

If she decides to go visit the toxic old dying idiot she should definitely leave her kid out of it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Milotic posted:

You go Peterella.

Yeah, but it would make your dad happy to make your grandfather happy, so I'd go do it.

Edit: Plus the old dude was like 78 at the time that he hosed up; I feel like you've got to make that personal leap from "I'm the arbiter of what's right and wrong and what all consequences are in the world." to "Everyone is dumb, and hateful, and good and loving in some degree, and my happiness and my self worth are things I built for myself without their help, so I'll get no satisfaction from punishing a dying old man."

I really think learning to forgive her grandfather, even just to this minor degree, would do more for her personally in the long run than anything else.

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 9, 2018

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
[quote=]u/Bootie_Mash
I [50 M] have never had a relationship longer than 2 or 3 years. I attribute this to the fact that I've been insecure, have had low self-esteem, and have been socially awkward since I've been a toddler.

I like the idea of a woman taking care of me and believe in the older, traditional roles of men and women.[/quote]

What a coincidence, my eastern european wife also believes in the older, traditional roles of men and women which means split cleaning and cooking duties 50/50 and treating each other like equals, like God intended.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ride The Gravitron posted:

[UPDATE] I [27M] think my fiancee [27F] might be cheating
She finally got up at about 6AM. When she finished eating breakfast I slammed the text messages on the table. She looked at me with horror. She started crying and shaking. I took the engagement ring from our dresser and walked out.

I came back a couple of hours later and she wasn't there. I called my landlord and told him we wouldn't be renewing our lease. I told her I was moving out and to never contact me again. I packed all my poo poo and moved in with a friend.

So yeah that's it. She was cheating on me and I'm done with her. She's been blowing up my phone begging for a 2nd chance, but she's not getting one.

tl;dr: Sandra is a cheating bitch. She can go gently caress herself
Why is this poo poo so common, got caught cheating and they just immediately start crying. Like to see a guy try to pull that one off.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My [33F] husband [38M] uses his sex doll to make me jealous.

quote:

Together 10 years.

Weird I know, but I'm very open minded so I didn't mind when my husband first got a sex doll. He has a very high sex drive and while I enjoy having sex, 3x a week is enough for me so I figure, whatever, it's no different than just masturbating (he also got one second hand for a steal so financially it was fine.) I just assumed he wouldn't use it in front of me, and our kids (3 and 5 years old) wouldn't know about it. He had a fleshlight in the past and that didn't bother me so I figured this wouldn't be that different.

Anyway, lately he's referred to our sex life as a "dead bedroom." I can only assume he's on Reddit to know this term, but I explained to him that 3x a week is NOT deadbedroom level. That's more than most couples with two young children. He says it's not only about quantity but "quality." Obviously this was pretty insulting so I asked him what the issue with "quality" was and he evaded the question (to be clear, I am not giving him "starfish sex," I put a lot of effort into it.)

I'm generally pretty confident about myself inside and out- I work full time at a job I love (possibly an issue for my husband since I make 2x what he makes? idk that doesn't bother me), I'm happy with my appearance, I think I'm a good mom. But I have to say, his comment about "quality" got me pretty upset. Like I'm somehow lower quality?

Anyway, enter sex doll. I knew he's been using it when I'm not around or when I'm at work or something, but I never knew anything about it, where he kept it...tbh, I'd rather not know that much about it, that's his private business. He doesn't need to know my habits either. But anyway, one day I went to get changed and this sex doll (which is actually dressed up in a frilly-type nightie) is just standing in my closet with this dead look on her face (well, of course, she's a doll...but it was creepy). I asked him why he put it there and his response was "I put Amy there because you put your sweaters under the bed and she wouldn't fit there anymore."

I was perturbed by the fact that he gave her a name, but I needed to get the kids ready for school and figured I'd tackle that conversation later.

Anyway, as pissed as I was, I wound up not picking that battle and just figuring he was trying to be funny, I have no idea. A few nights later he tried to have sex. I was pretty nauseous that day because I have a sensitive stomach and I ate something that might have been "off" (not throwing up but feeling nauseous in general). I said no, politely, but said I'd probably be feeling better tomorrow.

Okay, this is where it actually gets weird. My husband goes to the closet, pulls "Amy" out of the closet and begins making what appeared to be passionate love to her in front of me, while looking at me. He kept telling her how beautiful he was, how much he loved her (while using "her" name). He even went down on her which is puzzling to say the least.

I'm guessing this was some kind of show to make me wish I had said yes, but I was actually more turned off than I've ever been before. The next morning I told him that it's fine if he wants to use this doll, or any other "device" for the purpose of self stimulation, but to please do it in private. He then gave me a winky type smile and said "Ah, I see you're jealous I've got a new hot young thing around. Better watch your back."

Reddit, my husband is not an idiot. He knows Amy is not a living breathing person. I feel like I already give a decent amount in this relationship and his sex life is already pretty good without the addition of this ridiculous doll. And although I was initially sexually attracted to him, his behavior with "Amy" has turned me off beyond words.

tl;dr: Husband has started using a sex doll to make me jealous. What can I even do.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Is it normal for him to check on past hookups every few days or so?

quote:

Thanks for reading this. I've been going out with my boyfriend (26) for about 9 months now. I've been unemployed for about half a year now and am feeling very insecure. A few months ago, he told me that if I was running low on money, he got me. And then before our 3 week vacation, I brought up that I never would've thought I would be in this stage but I might need his financial help. He was so dumbfounded and said "I never said that". This honestly broke my heart. How can he say that in the first place and not mean it? He then proceeded to accuse me for manipulating him. After fighting for an hour, he goes "oh I remember now..."

During the trip, we got into an argument again because I felt he cared more about his friend than me. So when they went out, I did a shameful thing... I snooped his Facebook search history and found that he kept searching the same 2-3 girls he hooked up with in the past every few days. I then beat around the bush a bit and asked him if he still wonders what they're up to. He says no... so I admitted I snooped his search history. He didn't get mad but he apologized for lying and he was just curious about them. Is this normal???

On top of this, I'm kind of insecure that he's been with 60-80 (he doesn't remember the exact number) women in the past. Am I being crazy? I feel so hurt that he's still curious about other girls. I want to be the one he's curious about. I want to be the one he checks up on.

One more thing, he says he doesn't use Instagram but I see all the girls he's following on Instagram and the pictures he liked of them are all nice pics with their boobs/rear end out which were posted when we're still together. Am I being paranoid??

tl;dr: I feel like my life's went to poo poo since I met him, and I'm so hurt in the past few months because of the fight about "he's got me" and what I found on his social media... I love him but I can't seem to get over all this and it's driving me insane. I know it's also causing stress in the relationship because I keep bringing it up and he feels like he keeps have to try to prove that he loves me. What should I do?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ride The Gravitron posted:

So last week she texts him "How to tell someone they need cosmetic surgery". He didn't tell me about it before he texted back "How to tell someone they're in a loveless marriage and their husband is cheating when he goes on business trips".[/b] I told my BF that this was my mom's biggest fear, she's constantly worried he's cheating on these trips. I remember hearing her crying a few times late at night when I was growing up. I trusted him with this and he used it against her/me. He did this while my dad was out of town.
Bison yes yes.gif

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
A second hand sex doll? :chloe:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Buy the biggest dildo you can find, name it Chad

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ArbitraryC posted:

Bison yes yes.gif

:bisonyes:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

tactlessbastard posted:

I missed that the first time I read that. :gonk:

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

I thought that was going to be the part that stuck out most to me, then I got to the part where he gave it a name and went down on it.

Wha

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

zakharov posted:

This is the high quality content we deserve.

dad is mad you blueballed him

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

I missed that the first time I read that. :gonk:

The rest of it is bad enough on it's own. I mean really, going down on your sex doll?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

quote:

The next morning I told him that it's fine if he wants to use this doll, or any other "device" for the purpose of self stimulation, but to please do it in private. He then gave me a winky type smile and said "Ah, I see you're jealous I've got a new hot young thing around. Better watch your back."

Reddit, my husband is not an idiot. He knows Amy is not a living breathing person.

a-are you sure?!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Randler posted:

The husband is clearly horny and wants to bang his wife and is communicating it in a way that's not working (and real weird). The wife comes across as a weird robot instead of a person in her own drat post.

I also wonder if "3x per week" is like the other stories that are "once per week, oh we tracked and it's once per 3 months oops!" I mean maybe not, but clearly 3x per week to whatever standard is not going over well with the husband and the two of them need to talk.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
[MD] Does the verbal no-contact order I received from a police detective have any legal standing?(self.legaladvice)

quote:

submitted 3 hours ago * by Psych_Nurse_18

I went no-contact with my brother and SIL in late October because of their harassment towards me (it’s a long story). The last day I contacted them was October 24, 2017.

On December 29, 2017, I received a voicemail from a detective which stated, “this is your notice to cease all communication with your brother and sister in law. If any communication from this point on occurs, an investigation will be initiated and possible charges filed.”

I tried to contact the detective and left him a voicemail, but have not been able to get in contact with as of writing this.

I’m in nursing school and I have a clinical at the hospital where my sister in law works, and there is about an hour window one day a week that we could have the possibility of running into each other. I thought it would be best to give her a heads up of the time I’d be at the hospital, so if we did bump into her it wouldn’t be a surprise. I sent this info in a text, and she responded by saying that i was told by the detective that there was to be no contact, and that I needed to change my clinical site.

I feel as though her contacting the police and now pressuring me into changing my school schedule are just efforts to try to intimidate me.

Am I breaking any laws? I don’t feel that it’s my responsibility to make sure we never see each other. This is exactly the reason I went no-contact with them in the first place. My SIL is very emotionally abusive to me, and has always used intimidation to get her way.

Please help!

TL;DR Two months after I initiated no-contact with my abusive brother and SIL, they had police contact me to give me a verbal no-contact notice. I don’t want to break any laws, and I need to figure out the legality of it all.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I thought chicks dug scars?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

[MD] Does the verbal no-contact order I received from a police detective have any legal standing?(self.legaladvice)

Yeah so the obvious thing here is that this "detective" was just some friend of the bro/sis they got to leave a voicemail and she actually fell for it, right? lol this is a doobie level deception and it worked.

Stop the contact, doobs!

This is a detective.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

Someone is being vague enough to hope we don't notice it's strange that the family members are harassers but it's OP that has been told by the police to leave them alone.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Randler posted:

I wonder if she used a fake name for the real doll, and if so, why?

maskenfreiheit posted:

What are the odds that message was actually left by a real police detective?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

What are the odds that message was actually left by a real police detective?

in the comments they seem split between a fake police and a real cop who's overstepping

(you need a judge involved to get a no contact order in their state)

it could just be some cop telling both sides to stop talking to each other.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

Someone is being vague enough to hope we don't notice it's strange that the family members are harassers but it's OP that has been told by the police to leave them alone.

Isn't that p common, like children who learn that tattling first gives them the upper hand crazy people often hit the police first for restraining orders and such.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Clark Nova posted:

In case she and the husband read that Reddit together, duh.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Skutter posted:

In case she and the husband read that Reddit together, duh.

"Surely this post must be about some other upstanding gentleman who like to eat out a rubber pussy full of stale jizz."

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of a crazy lying to the cops to get the upper hand.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yikes. The ghost of fruity boots yet to come is a hot mess.

Must this post come to pass, reddit?

I would watch this Christmas Carol parody at LEAST twice. Also, “fruity boots.” :kimchi:

I haven’t woken up to this much awesome thread content in a long, long time. Thanks, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Threatened, Locked In a Basement, Called 911 to Safely Escort Me Out

quote:

Hello all, this is a throwaway account for obvious reasons. Let the story begin.

The story begins around 11:44PM this last Tuesday and extends to 7AM the following Wednesday morning when I was finally home.

I had been visiting my girlfriend of 1 and a half year's family home for Christmas for around 5 days. Things had been going well since I had shown up, and certainly didn't foreshadow any of what was to follow. The inception of the issue began with a conversation had between my partner, her mother, and I. The subject matter of the conversation centered around the mother having maintained a friendship with a middle-aged man who had previously made romantically tinted remarks toward her 20 year old daughter–my partner. The conversation began smoothly, although uncomfortably, and we spoke about the matter at length. It is worth noting that the mother in this case is married, and has chosen to explicitly keep this information from her spouse so as to facilitate this other man's presence in her life. The catalyst for the conversation was the man in question had been scheduled to show up to the house for a get-together the following day with a few others, and my partner had mentioned her dissatisfaction to me. The mother could sense something needed to be said to keep everything from going awry I presume. At the time, the husband of the family was also away on business and would not be returning until today, Friday the 5th. Needless to say, the conversation was tense and things were said that heightened emotions in all of us. Eventually, the mother left the living room of the home–where we all were–and drifted upstairs to bed-down. The conversation had become too tense to be wholesomely concluded. After the mother left, I spoke with my partner on the couch about my disappointment regarding how compliant she was to her mother and other tangential issues I had with what had just transpired–essentially a browbeating–but nothing violent, threatening, or out of turn was said or done by me or my partner. After some time had past and the dust had settled with my partner and I, we moved to the home's billiard room to play a game of pool before bed. Not 10 minutes passed and the mother had come down the stairs hastily and pulled my partner out of the room to speak privately with her. At this point I wasn't aware of exactly what was going on. The next thing I heard was a bedroom door slam shut upstairs. I began searching for my partner and her mother throughout the house, checking in bedrooms, downstairs, and eventually realized that the mother had taken her daughter into the master suite. I approached the door, knocked, said "Hello", and the mother hesitantly allowed me entrance. When I entered the room, my partner was curled on the bed, crying. I sat on an ottoman near the doorway and began asking what was going on. The mother berated me about being emotionally abusive toward her daughter, that she had stood out of sight and listened to and recorded the spat between the daughter and I, and that she felt threatened by my presence in the home. I continued to ask questions while I remained by the doorway. What had caused her to think this? The mother responded that merely the argument she overheard between her daughter and I had ignited her fear. Did my partner feel threatened by me? She answered in the negative: No, not now or ever. After this, I suggested that everyone should be calm and a point of amicability could be reached. Her mother left the room and woke up the brother of the family to come into the room, ostensibly for protection. After he arrived, the mother petitioned him for ideas on how to facilitate my departure. The suggestions began and concluded at an Uber. I reminded everyone that I am a college student and cannot afford to pay for a ride like that. I live 3 hours away from my girlfriend, didn’t have a car, and at the current hour of night, I couldn't have been reasonably dropped off anywhere safe. Eventually the discussion of the difficulty of my departure enraged the mother and caused her to approach the nightstand saying "Oh yeah, you know what I'm going for", and she opened the drawer and placed her hand on some unseen object. I could only assume it was a gun at this point. Mind you, I was unarmed, her son was in the room and I am not a very physically imposing person. Her children told her to calm down, and I suggested that perhaps I would be better suited to call 911 at this point.

Here, it is worth mentioning that the mother had consumed an undisclosed amount of a marijuana edible, and had also been drinking in the hours prior.

The mother told me that I had two options at this point: to wait outside in the 10º winter weather for some undecided character to come pick me up, or be locked in the basement, separate from the house and I would be dealt with in the morning. I compliantly chose the latter, as it seemed like the most immediately safe option for me. The son escorted me to the basement, locked me in, and I began to call my close friends who live in my hometown to see if they could come and get me. The basement is finished and furnished, meaning there are doors in and out, but all were locked and the most promising bore the “CPI Security” sticker, leading me to believe that if I opened the door in the event of something worse happening, an alarm would sound and the mother, hysterically brandishing a handgun would shoot me as I ran away, so I sat and waited. Eventually, my two best friends started their journey and began discussing what had happened with me. After explaining the situation, they both agreed that they weren’t comfortable picking me up at the house, which necessitated I call 911 to come and safely remove me and drive me to the station or anywhere safer and warm. I protesting, fearing that the mother would only become more outraged and hysterical if the police showed up, but eventually I caved and called 911. I explained to the operator what was going on: that I had been sequestered to the basement, was fearful for my safety, and didn’t understand if I would be able to escape if needed. 20 minutes after the call, the police arrived and had the mother unlock the basement and came down to talk to me. They asked typical domestic dispute questions, relating to physical violence, yelling, etc. I answered in the negative to all and pleaded that they remove me from the home and take me elsewhere, anywhere–maybe a nearby Waffle House while I waited for my friends to arrive. One officer relayed that they don’t typically give rides, and they would attempt facilitating my partner driving me to meet my friends halfway. The mother protested this, filing a trespass order against me in the process. After much back-and-forth, the police conceded and escorted me out of the house and dropped me off at a nearby 24-hour gas station while I waited.

This is essentially where the situation ends, as my friends arrived at the gas station and took me home. My question is, would there be any recourse for this kind of incident? Would I be well suited to talk to a magistrate? What should I do? This woman had a bout of paranoia, threatened to shoot me, locked me in a basement, and then I had to call 911 to get them to escort me away safely.

I mean at least he didn't say "whilst"