Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Daztek posted:

Stop posting in this thread until you've fully read the SAclopedia

Don't listen to this man. No one wants to learn about stupid poo poo like beecock.

EDIT: visual catte demonstration of SA knowledge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Daztek posted:

After this you have to read the front page

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/950427338709270530
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/950584709960126464
https://twitter.com/Pixelgeddon/status/950577995508457472

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Someone should film their face over IP while reading it out loud.
It will get like 27 views.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

After this you have to read the front page

next you guys will send him on a snipe hunt

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

big nipples big life posted:

next you guys will send him on a snipe hunt

Make an introduction thread in GBS/FYAD

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

intardnation posted:

I miss my Sub turbo xt (steering wheel column was fantastic, on the fly 4wd and airbags to raise the car up standard) and my MR-2. Loved that little rw drive, mid engine MR-2. In winter I never had to move the steering wheel to make turns. Downside was I had to ask for people to push me out of the snow a fair bit - as big as a go cart and just a fun little car.

Excellent cars

Little known fact Nr 2

The Toyota MR2 is sold as the MR in France

Half way through design someone at Toyota discovered that of you speak out M-R-2 in french (Em-Er-Deux) it sounds like "merde" the French word for poo poo.

So they dropped the 2 from the name in France.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Dare I ask where the "PARP" meme originated?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Combat Theory posted:

Excellent cars

Little known fact Nr 2

The Toyota MR2 is sold as the MR in France

Half way through design someone at Toyota discovered that of you speak out M-R-2 in french (Em-Er-Deux) it sounds like "merde" the French word for poo poo.

So they dropped the 2 from the name in France.

My brother had one of them. Was a fun little car to drive.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gort posted:

Someone made a :gary: airhorn photoshop with PARRRRP written across the top of it, in the style of CIG's concept art sales. It just kinda stuck.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Gort posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gort posted:

it's the sound an airhorn makes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

somebody post pgabz :gary: airhorn pic

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Combat Theory posted:

Thanks to a few others i know the story now and can respond adequately "I am protected"

But yeah I didn't know it yet. Apart from this thread and the AI subforums and a few goldmine threads I'm still catching up with the legacy of SA.

Cool cool.

Still strange to me that folks are joining in recent years, but I'm happy to see life in these dead gay comedy forums

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Daztek posted:

Will Star citizen be good when im finished?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Combat Theory posted:

Will Star citizen be good when im finished?

*shakes magic 42 ball*

Signs point to sale!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I think CIG will pull the Lesnick shuffle.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 9, 2018

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm putting my money on him bursting through the courtroom wall like the koolaid man.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MoMA, who is Toast, is also Sandweed!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Let themselves go so badly they need a forklift to get out of bed?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

This is, no joke, CIG’s early vision for a drink mixing mini-game that might engage those serving as Stewards on a fleet-whales Genesis Starliner. (I would include Stewardesses as a crew option but as we all know there are no female NPCs in the game yet.)

You see Preen Dog, if you’re a player chartering flights between the three moons of Stanton, and eager to sit in a luxurious cushioned seat for 20 minutes of “look out the window, it’s SPACE!” gameplay, you just might find yourself eventually hunkering for a little cocktail to help take the edge off. At such a moment, you’ll just crane your head upward, use the Star Citizen interaction system to “CALL STEWARD”, and another player will race seatside to take your order. If you’re both using Faceware tech, you can LARP at maximum fidelity levels as you, the weary traveling Cargo Carrier, tell him, the dandily outfitted Steward, “Man, I really need a drink to take the edge off.”

Then he will nod understandingly, wink knowingly, and reply sympathetically, “I have just the thing for a guy like you who needs to take the edge off.” Then he will turn, and move through Chris’s famed 5 stages of accelerating locomotion to the crew cabin. It is there he will engage in this game, and only with this context can you possibly appreciate just how vital such a mini-game will really be to the holistic ongoing adventure that is Chris Roberts’ Star Citizen.

The more accurately Star Citizen's design goals are articulated, the more like an elaborate prank it all sounds.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

hosed up, if true

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Litigate my bleached anus.

Dont you worry Toast, that will come soon in discovery.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I read the entire SA wiki so I understand the deep cultural significance behind this post.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Everyone wants the ELE to happen and kill this whole shitshow dead by space coutts

I just want some good character development.

I love you all but I'm ready for this poo poo to end. The fact that CIG has managed fumble around and gently caress up so comprehensively is an insult to my trade. That they continue to lie and manipulate such an impressionable, desperate market segment, all while not only remaining solvent, but enriching the very source of their incompetence, at the expense of their otherwise competent workforce, is nothing less than a scathing indictment on our society.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Toops posted:

I love you all but I'm ready for this poo poo to end. The fact that CIG has managed fumble around and gently caress up so comprehensively is an insult to my trade. That they continue to lie and manipulate such an impressionable, desperate market segment, all while not only remaining solvent, but enriching the very source of their incompetence, at the expense of their otherwise competent workforce, is nothing less than a scathing indictment on our society.

Same.

Showing graphs of decreased backer spending over 2018/9 while the end is proclaimed to be coming sooner than anyone might expect and those clowns are hosed isn't going to spin my wheels.

If this thing collapses into a puff of settlement smoke it'll be fun to check back in around the time of the different cons to see what kinds of powerpoints they spin up to keep people engaged.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Toops posted:

Agreed. This has gone on far too long. Even MOMA's gimmick, which started off innocently enough when the future of the project was still up in the air, smacks of Baghdad Bob now that the scam is fully exposed. I'm ready for this to come to an end.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

G0RF posted:

Then he will nod understandingly, wink knowingly, and reply sympathetically, “I have just the thing for a guy like you who needs to take the edge off.” Then he will turn, and move through Chris’s famed 5 stages of accelerating locomotion to the crew cabin. It is there he will engage in this game, and only with this context can you possibly appreciate just how vital such a mini-game will really be to the holistic ongoing adventure that is Chris Roberts’ Star Citizen.

No joke, the first character controller I ever designed had 4 stages of acceleration. I thought it up and did it. Was pretty proud of the idea if I'm being honest.

As I implemented it in code, iteratively testing it as I went, it felt progressively worse with each stage I added. The code got messy and hard to read. Weird collision and "sudden maximum speed" bugs started happening. I got up to 4 stages, and spent 2 hours tweaking the numbers, re-writing it, troubleshooting it (I even wrote a bit of debug code to analyze how much time I spent in each "stage").

After about 4 hours wasted, I realized it was, in fact, a bad idea. I went back to a much simpler model and it felt great. Again, this was the first character controller I ever designed. If Chris Roberts knew anything about game development, he wouldn't think like a loving novice.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

MedicineHut posted:

MoMA, who is Toast, is also Sandweed!

Hey MoMA all three of you should totally start an org in the fantastic upcoming game The Star Citizens Of loving Space

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

Hey MoMA all three of you should totally start an org in the fantastic upcoming game The Star Citizens Of loving Space

I thought you all were sure that MOMA was Toast. Were you all... :gasp: wrong?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope CR does another kickstarter like 1 week after CIG dies and the whales don't get anything for their money.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AbshireJW/status/950820944318099456

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/950812890398953472

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

The more accurately Star Citizen's design goals are articulated, the more like an elaborate prank it all sounds.

Methinks this grand vision is the work of none other than the Master of Ships himself. And what a prank it was, giving your biggest fan the authority to turn theorycrafting into marching orders for your actual development talent.

I wonder which of Lesnick’s fever dreams have met with the most slack-jawed disbelief. The Starliner must be up there, though the Endeavor probably represents Lesnickian / Robertsian lunacy at its most unhinged. Both ships seem all but certain to already have been internally killed by Devs doing triage duty over CIG’s gargantuan technical debt piles.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Quoting the poo poo out of this because I want it in my post page.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm afraid that one day Clifford is going to break my creep-o-meter and I won't be able to tell if someone is a creep anymore even if they give off thousands of tells.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Toops posted:

No joke, the first character controller I ever designed had 4 stages of acceleration. I thought it up and did it. Was pretty proud of the idea if I'm being honest.

As I implemented it in code, iteratively testing it as I went, it felt progressively worse with each stage I added. The code got messy and hard to read. Weird collision and "sudden maximum speed" bugs started happening. I got up to 4 stages, and spent 2 hours tweaking the numbers, re-writing it, troubleshooting it (I even wrote a bit of debug code to analyze how much time I spent in each "stage").

After about 4 hours wasted, I realized it was, in fact, a bad idea. I went back to a much simpler model and it felt great. Again, this was the first character controller I ever designed. If Chris Roberts knew anything about game development, he wouldn't think like a loving novice.

You took the wrong lesson away from this completely, Toops — you were 1 stage short of sublimity and you just didn’t know it! But Chris did, and does, because he adheres to one of the most virtuous gaming principles of all time, a principle I can sum up with a single word: Overcomplexualificationizing.

Edit:Added an additional suffix the demonstrate the principle in virtuous action.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 9, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Pet animations coming along faster than expected

https://i.imgur.com/7VOBNMz.gifv

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I hope CR does another kickstarter like 1 week after CIG dies and the whales don't get anything for their money.

He'd have to be very covert about it, most of the crowdfunding platforms shut down projects by creators who have failed to deliver now, even if they FTD'd on other sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I'm afraid that one day Clifford is going to break my creep-o-meter and I won't be able to tell if someone is a creep anymore even if they give off thousands of tells.

I watched some of one of his live streams from his property. It was all so sad. The guy lives in a constant procrastination of getting something done.