Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Didn't it finish it's story line though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Didn't it finish it's story line though?

It's wrapping poo poo up but it wasn't what they had planned.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I like Movie Ironhide, I had the original at one point.

How does he move his arms with those wheels in the way? I think I need more pictures.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
They are probably supposed to flip inwards and tuck away in the panels for his hood but in typical trade show fashion he's mistransformed

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hate the face but that's not really the toy's fault

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
That's a nice looking figure but that face looks like it came from an 80's TMNT toy

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pretty much my complaint for almost every Bayformer toy. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It looks like it's made from Lego.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Looks bad

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh he’s just lying down.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That LOOKS like the front wheels fold up. Lookin' good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is cool.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
So in robot mode he has shoulders where the GMC logo is split down the middle, but in truck mode the hood has a three-way split with GMC entirely on the central panel. I don't get how that works. Cosmetic parts hidden in vehicle mode that make the robot mode look movie accurate or what? I'm also one of those people for whom the hosed-up faces make it impossible for me to really like the movie bots.

Also the torso looks like a face. If I had this I'd pull off the head and make him do a Zola thing.

Got TR Octane and Seaspray and PotP Skrapnel yesterday (Amazon box in the goddamn hallway in front of my apartment door; thanks Canada Post and/or building manager). The latter two are super fun little bots but my Octane has so many tiny problems that the only mode he looks good in is plane mode. Like, he has five million (imo) unnecessary tabs, but in bot mode it looks like his wings are supposed to stay up due to friction alone (unless I'm missing something) and one on mine really does not. Is this a job for floor polish or what? Not super enthused about having to buy a big ol bottle of something I might only need five drops of.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Diet Poison posted:

Got TR Octane and Seaspray and PotP Skrapnel yesterday (Amazon box in the goddamn hallway in front of my apartment door; thanks Canada Post and/or building manager). The latter two are super fun little bots but my Octane has so many tiny problems that the only mode he looks good in is plane mode. Like, he has five million (imo) unnecessary tabs, but in bot mode it looks like his wings are supposed to stay up due to friction alone (unless I'm missing something) and one on mine really does not. Is this a job for floor polish or what? Not super enthused about having to buy a big ol bottle of something I might only need five drops of.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Octane. He looks cool, but there's a few loose screws so his wings won't sit right when he's in robot mode.

Also my Grotusque shipped!! Yay!!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Octane. He looks cool, but there's a few loose screws so his wings won't sit right when he's in robot mode.

Also my Grotusque shipped!! Yay!!

Eyy mine too :hfive:

Also in regards to the comics, I read the TAAO annual the other day and I really enjoyed it and got super bummed out again that I won't get more. I want to still hangout on Cybertron and see what's going down without other dead toylines poking their heads in :(

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 9, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't hate the bayformer faces outside of optimus's lips and bumblebee's ballgag, but only when they're in motion onscreen. In toy form they are universally terrible. I like ironhide's bestial face in the movies, but it never looks even remotely good in toy form.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Is that the Studio series or the MPM?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Diet Poison posted:

There's little tabs on his shoulders that fit into like 3/4 of a hole on his wings. The friction fit there isn't great, but it's better than trying to keep his wings up all by the strength of those weak pivots.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't hate the bayformer faces outside of optimus's lips and bumblebee's ballgag, but only when they're in motion onscreen. In toy form they are universally terrible. I like ironhide's bestial face in the movies, but it never looks even remotely good in toy form.

I normally feel the other way around. The designs in the actual movies are the worst because they're too visually busy to actually interpret most of the faces as faces, and then the shardformer thing gives their bodies really incoherent looks, which while complex, it's all impossible engineering that just gets really boring. They've gotten better in some ways lately, but I also haven't given the newer movies much of a chance.

The toys on the other hand, have lots of clever engineering, and manage to make more sense out of all the designs BECAUSE they have physical limitations and can't just have a bunch of wiggling disconnected pieces.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Diet Poison posted:

So in robot mode he has shoulders where the GMC logo is split down the middle, but in truck mode the hood has a three-way split with GMC entirely on the central panel. I don't get how that works. Cosmetic parts hidden in vehicle mode that make the robot mode look movie accurate or what? I'm also one of those people for whom the hosed-up faces make it impossible for me to really like the movie bots.

Also the torso looks like a face. If I had this I'd pull off the head and make him do a Zola thing.

There are tabs on his wings and his back.

Phy posted:

There's little tabs on his shoulders that fit into like 3/4 of a hole on his wings. The friction fit there isn't great, but it's better than trying to keep his wings up all by the strength of those weak pivots.

This. It really kills his arm movement with those shoulder pylons in both positions, but the wings do stay put. Unless the pylons knock them loose.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There are tabs on his wings and his back.

This. It really kills his arm movement with those shoulder pylons in both positions, but the wings do stay put. Unless the pylons knock them loose.

Yeah but they don't stay in. Mine pop right back out.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

pubic works project posted:

Yeah but they don't stay in. Mine pop right back out.

Are the slots clean? Sometimes they don't get all the plastic out like they're supposed to.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

Are the slots clean? Sometimes they don't get all the plastic out like they're supposed to.

I'll have to check it when I get home.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think Bayformers are usually ugly, lovely designs in bad movies but I'm not gonna lie, the Masterpiece ones are cool toys

MP Bay Prime and Bumblebee have a place on my shelf because like them or not, they're an important part of Transformers history.

I dont have any other bayformer toys anymore though

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
More wrestlemen in Transformers :toot:

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/950751889041346561

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samoa Joe is very good.

Not as good as John Cena, but still very good.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Been a long time since I cared about wrestling, but I have time for Joe. Shame it's PotP so probably not good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SlothfulCobra posted:

I normally feel the other way around. The designs in the actual movies are the worst because they're too visually busy to actually interpret most of the faces as faces, and then the shardformer thing gives their bodies really incoherent looks, which while complex, it's all impossible engineering that just gets really boring. They've gotten better in some ways lately, but I also haven't given the newer movies much of a chance.

The toys on the other hand, have lots of clever engineering, and manage to make more sense out of all the designs BECAUSE they have physical limitations and can't just have a bunch of wiggling disconnected pieces.
I'm only talking about the faces, not the rest of the bots. I really generally dislike the bayformer greebpocalypse aesthetic a whole lot, barring a few exceptions. I felt the ramshackle mess look fit for what they were going for with Silverbolt, for example. The reduced detailing in toy form tends to make the designs more tolerable, except the faces, which always look bad.

Endless Mike posted:

Samoa Joe is very good.

Not as good as John Cena, but still very good.
samoa joe is a gigantic nerdlinger and it rules, xavier woods too

this new trend of wrestlers being huge goofy dorks is a hell of a lot better than the old trend of wrestlers being huge racist, hateful assholes

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea they got a pretty cool sounding cast for an unfortunate cartoon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

BizarroAzrael posted:

Been a long time since I cared about wrestling, but I have time for Joe. Shame it's PotP so probably not good.

If nothing else it should be interesting to see how the Prime Masters are used in the show both as characters and macguffins

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Invictus posted:

samoa joe is a gigantic nerdlinger and it rules, xavier woods too

this new trend of wrestlers being huge goofy dorks is a hell of a lot better than the old trend of wrestlers being huge racist, hateful assholes

I've met Xavier Woods and he's been to my local arcade when he was at a house show and it was the coolest thing ever

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Power of The Primes also just cast Mark Hamill as The Fallen and Ron Perlman as Optimus Primal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And then cast a wallet with a moth flying out of it with a dotted line behind it as the animation budget

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait is Power of the Primes going to be another really sad Machinma thing or is it the next series proper

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's machima.

Kind of mad they gave primal to perlman instead of Gary, since such a big deal is always made for g1 leadrrs having their original voice acting, but I'm never watching it anyway so oh well

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's machima.

Kind of mad they gave primal to perlman instead of Gary, since such a big deal is always made for g1 leadrrs having their original voice acting, but I'm never watching it anyway so oh well

It's not like it's going to be REMOTELY the same character so who cares

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All the BEESTWARZ fans care.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's machima.

Is Gary busy with other commitments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I know these shows suck (I've seen like 45 seconds from the current one, if I'm bothering with the new Trek show I should make time for this) but as a BEEFWARZ fan from childhood I think it's loving hilarious and insane that Ron Perlman is playing Optimus Primal

I mean yeah come to think of it, it would be cool to have Gary back but maybe they can get him to play another Prime at some point.