Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Have the devs actually given a reason for removing zeroing from the 2x and 4x? Really annoying change.
Also did parachuting change at all? I can't tell if its the elevation differences on Miramar, me just being bad, or something else but I'm having a lot less trouble landing exactly where I want without adjustments. Previously, I was using the bomb towards the ground at roughly ~300m from target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

No Safe Word posted:

Why does anyone do this to themselves?

Not often. I had a run last night where i landed right in the middle of the three rings and also in buildings that had great loot. It happened a few different matches, so at least i had time to make coffee and check my email. Ordinarily I'd be itching to kill something.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Arkangelus posted:

Have the devs actually given a reason for removing zeroing from the 2x and 4x? Really annoying change.
Also did parachuting change at all? I can't tell if its the elevation differences on Miramar, me just being bad, or something else but I'm having a lot less trouble landing exactly where I want without adjustments. Previously, I was using the bomb towards the ground at roughly ~300m from target.

1.0 changed parachuting a ton. Slowest speed is ~126km and you need to be horizontal to get it. When you pull your chute, you drop more straight down right away rather than farther out to your projected target.

It's also poo poo for landing on roofs and taking random damage.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

1.0 changed parachuting a ton. Slowest speed is ~126km and you need to be horizontal to get it. When you pull your chute, you drop more straight down right away rather than farther out to your projected target.

It's also poo poo for landing on roofs and taking random damage.

Have people figure out what the minimum distance forward traveled is if you open your chute at the lowest possible altitude?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Got 6 kills on Miramar and was chilling up in the mountains near San Martin, picking people off with an M16 and driving my truck in whatever direction I heard gunshots. We get to maybe 25 people and the circle collapses in the far east, so I decide to go south over one of the ridges and cut across the field so I'll at least have some hills for coverage

I go to jump up the wall, make it, jump to another ledge, make it, jump to another one and oops, game decides my ankles weren't high enough so I bounce off it and down to the ledge below, nbd, minus that ledge apparently not solid enough to support my weight so I end up Tribes-style skiing down the mountain and get instantly killed :thumbsup:

having vaulting is good, but dear god, it's like they lifted a jumping system from those early 3D games where people couldn't quite figure out non-awkward physics beyond 2D

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nah, they lifted the vaulting system from wall collision physics in old GBA games. That's why you end up with weird wall collisions occasionally that will send you careening around at a million miles an hour as it tries to figure out what to do with you. Except unlike old GBA games, you don't randomly end up at the bottom of Dracula's castle.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Uh.... So ... I might have found my first hacker on EU FPP.
See what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkQqe5BDXY

Guy has a 20 k/d ratio right now and very few matches, of which he's won 4 / 7.

I guess I don't have a real point to this post, but by the way, why aren't we calling this game "plunkbat"?

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I guess I don't have a real point to this post, but by the way, why aren't we calling this game "plunkbat"?
I know it's petty but I refuse to read RPS articles on the game because they're still calling PUBG that 6+ months in.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Plunkbatgrunds

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It should just inherit the age old title of "chinagame", having been passed down for generations as the new surpasses the old.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

See what you think.

Keep in mind that replays/kill cams are not a 1-to-1 representation of a user's actions--in particular where they're aiming exactly at a given moment. I wouldn't conclude that he was slam dunk cheating just from that recording alone. I'd say you should watch your whole replay for that game of the guy to get a better sense.

But that K/D ratio is pretty suspect.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Varkas posted:

Keep in mind that replays/kill cams are not a 1-to-1 representation of a user's actions--in particular where they're aiming exactly at a given moment. I wouldn't conclude that he was slam dunk cheating just from that recording alone. I'd say you should watch your whole replay for that game of the guy to get a better sense.

It would have been better if he'd have posted a replay with xray enabled but I'm pretty sure he's using his aimhack as a wall hack in this instance. The part where he sprays the side of the wall while aiming up the stairs despite not seeing anyone is basically the tell there.

No clue why you'd do that instead of just turning on wall hacks but w/e

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Here are three clips from my stream tonight that I thought were funny:

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentTalentedManateeSpicyBoy
https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulSparklySnoodGivePLZ
https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafGleamingLardArgieB8

Big thanks to the goons who tuned in! I had a good time :)

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 10, 2018

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Are the servers down right now?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Varkas posted:

It's a pretty clear slam dunk, guys shots track him through the wall as he moves around in the the room

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

See what you think.

Yeah that dude is hacking for sure, he tracks you perfectly as you're moving around and even shoots the wall where you are. Then he peaks for a fraction of a second and instakills you with two headshots while not even ads

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

same reason we don't say doggo or pupper

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Plunkbat is the dumbest abbreviation for PUBG because the k in unknown is silent. Pubgee is short, correct, and preferable in every way. Pubguh is an acceptable alternative.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

Plunkbat is the dumbest abbreviation for PUBG because the k in unknown is silent. Pubgee is short, correct, and preferable in every way. Pubguh is an acceptable alternative.

I call it Frank.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Arkangelus posted:

I know it's petty but I refuse to read RPS articles on the game because they're still calling PUBG that 6+ months in.
If you're refusing to check out British stuff anytime there's a silly word then you're going to miss out on some good content.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
After listening to this week's giant bombcast, I was reminded again of this pernicious idea that PUBG hackers are partially fuelled by motivation to farm BP for crates in order to cash out a profit via third party websites.

I haven't looked closely at the numbers on this stuff but I have a very hard time believing that it actually works out economically at all. Even if you had a million BP there is what, a 6 crate limit per week? How many weeks does an egregous hacker account survive for these days? There just doesn't seem to be any way a person could make money even considering the lower game cost in china.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DrNutt posted:

What about pubjuh

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I call it battlescary.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Dyz posted:

What about pubjuh

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I call it "reeeeeeeee gently caress this game alt-f4"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

odiv posted:

If you're refusing to check out British stuff anytime there's a silly word then you're going to miss out on some good content.

I was unaware that 'plunkbat' was so commonly used in British vernaculars. :rolleyes:

More like at this point taking the piss using a silly and unwieldy acronym when there are much better things to make fun of just comes of as lame/juvenile/personal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Don't doxx me bruh

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
To the goons also having a shadowplay audio problem:
I just installed the newest geforce experience, the newest graphics drivers, then uninstalled the nvidia he audio drivers and rebooted and my audio is back.
(Windows 10 reinstalls the audio driver automatically. Or at least it should - mine did.)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Maybe they are better on xbox since a lot of people might not be playing with headphones?

what makes them bad?

and yeah im assuming most console players are using tv speakers or some trash

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

keyframe posted:

Are there locations where you have a higher chance of finding AR/SR suppressors or is it completely random?

On player bodies.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Chicken dinner! It was squads with only me alive versus one other person, and this time I didn’t completely choke potato and actually shot him with bullets from my gun.

I’m becoming a better pilot

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

because that name sounds stupid and pubg sounds good

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If you said plunkbat to me IRL, I’d punch you in the face.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you said plunkbat to me IRL, I’d punch you in the face.

same

Scoss posted:

After listening to this week's giant bombcast, I was reminded again of this pernicious idea that PUBG hackers are partially fuelled by motivation to farm BP for crates in order to cash out a profit via third party websites.

I haven't looked closely at the numbers on this stuff but I have a very hard time believing that it actually works out economically at all. Even if you had a million BP there is what, a 6 crate limit per week? How many weeks does an egregous hacker account survive for these days? There just doesn't seem to be any way a person could make money even considering the lower game cost in china.

anyone who says this has 0 critical thinking skills and you should ignore them

E:

SquirrelGrip posted:

what makes [silencers] bad?

The compensator and flash hider are straight up far better because of the recoil reduction. Silencers get less bad the further range your gun is, the only situation they are best in slot is on a bolt action sniper, where recoil reduction is irelevent.

The advantage of a supressor is that it reduces the range enemies can hear you, but the sound still travels a long way with one. Meaning, you are only going to get anything out of the silencer at longer ranges. At these ranges, you are going to have a tough time hitting someone, and as soon as the bullet lands, they are going to scramble, which makes it even harder to hit them, let alone down/kill them. With a little bit of experience, you can easily figure out the direction someone is shooting from, meaning they will know where you are, completely negating any advantage of the supressor. The lack of recoil reduction also means that you have to spend more time adjusting between shots, which means more time fighting, more time tunnel visioned on something far away, more time for someone close to sneak up and catch you off guard. Long range fighting is bad in general.

Close - medium range, where they can hear you anyway, the recoil reduction of the other two is far more important than far away enemies hearing you. If you get in a close range fight, its very likely the enemy won't have a supressor and everyone in range is going to hear gunshots from them anyway. At these ranges, fights are all about bursting down your enemy before they duck back into cover, and the supressor doesn't help with that at all.

The only time supressors have any sort of advantage is in scenarios where you typically don't want to be fighting anyway, they just aren't good in a game with realistic-ish balistics and arcadey health mechanics.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 10, 2018

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Counterpoint: I'm a potato and I have a lot of trouble spotting enemies when they shoot me with a silencer.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

i don't think it was ever announced anywhere but you can sell your pioneer crates now if you still have them. I only kept one but it got me 20 bucks. why are people buying this poo poo. nevermind don't answer that just keep giving me money for digital t-shirts

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

You don't seem to realise that companies need sustained income if we want support and updates for years to come (10 years etc.). It has 100% been the plan to introduce MTX since the beginning, not just because PUBG happened to be very successful, and is most likely in some contract somewhere as a requirement anyways. MTX isn't inherently a bad thing either, e.g. Path of Exile has a great model in my opinion and is probably the only reason why that game is as good at it is and is still around.

Hey gently caress you.

Stop actively argueing against the interests of the consumers when you are, in fact, the consumer

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

The Mash posted:

Hey gently caress you.

Stop actively argueing against the interests of the consumers when you are, in fact, the consumer

I don't see how cosmetic MTX is against my interests though?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

loot crates are horrible garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Paying for them when the game has already made millions upon millions of dollars is. Bluehole could make the cosmetics free and still turn a profit for many years. Increasing their profits by making the cosmetics not-free is against your interests.

God damnit Americans are so massively conditioned to accept actions that go against their own interests