Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Its p amazing that we lacked a basic “constitutional law” exam for presidency because the idea that someone could ascend to the highest eschelon of government without intimately understanding it was so laughable as to be viewed as absurd and now wheeeeeeewlp
Get with the program Granddad! Politics isn't about experience or competence anymore, it's all about personality, and in particular larger than life personality. I don't want my politicians working away behind closed doors trying to make the country work... borrrrriiing!.. I want them on my TV endlessly making gaffes and making the country appear like a laughing stock.

The fact that Oprah and The Rock are being mooted as potential *Presidential candidates* just goes to show we're through the looking glass now. I've got nothing against either of them, but what the gently caress?

If people are genuinely looking to "nice people that are on telly" as viable candidates for the most powerful position in the free world, then Trump isn't the problem - society has broken.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Had a patient that was a 400pound disgusting human with open sores on his legs and living in a hoarder home. Dude would poo poo in the shower while we were doing wound care on him (it was a dark time in my career) and took immense convincing to simply clean himself even though we were already in the goddamn shower. This man, worked at taco bell, and it completely stopped me from eating there since. Fecal tacos are real.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And here I am feeling greazy if I don’t shower for a day

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Neukoln19 posted:

Son of a BITCH

presses A

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

smoobles posted:

This national anthem thing is overblown. I've mindlessly, vaguely mouthed along words while listening to a song before. Everyone has. That's completely normal, you dummies. The audience at a football game isn't meant to sing along with the anthem, they just listen to it.

All of that said, our president is a loving retard. But subconsciously moving your mouth when you hear a song is normal.

I'm probably late and it's probably been said before me but you either 1) stand still and respectfully listen, looking somber and emotional (bonus for 1 tear) or you 2) sing your heart out if you know the words. And you better be sure you loving know the words. If you don't, see 1).

This goes for any country's anthem. I do 1) 'cause I can't remember more than the first two of the how many verses of ours.

ninja edit: Trump was a dumbass to not go for the first option and thought he could fake it. In super close-up on national TV. Yeah.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

Had a patient that was a 400pound disgusting human with open sores on his legs and living in a hoarder home. Dude would poo poo in the shower while we were doing wound care on him (it was a dark time in my career) and took immense convincing to simply clean himself even though we were already in the goddamn shower. This man, worked at taco bell, and it completely stopped me from eating there since. Fecal tacos are real.

What do you think Trump would order at 2 am at The Bell?

I realize it'd be the hatefuck of eating for him, but we're spitballing here.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charlie Daniels is very prolific on twitter. I had no idea. I thought he’s dead from alcohol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is fecal taco now a trump thing?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’m late on this but Jr posing with the trophies of animals that just stand around chewing grass is basically like being super stupid proud of killing a cow, right?

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Durzel posted:

Get with the program Granddad! Politics isn't about experience or competence anymore, it's all about personality, and in particular larger than life personality. I don't want my politicians working away behind closed doors trying to make the country work... borrrrriiing!.. I want them on my TV endlessly making gaffes and making the country appear like a laughing stock.

The fact that Oprah and The Rock are being mooted as potential *Presidential candidates* just goes to show we're through the looking glass now. I've got nothing against either of them, but what the gently caress?

If people are genuinely looking to "nice people that are on telly" as viable candidates for the most powerful position in the free world, then Trump isn't the problem - society has broken.

im voting for Bigfoot and Gravedigger

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

Is fecal taco now a trump thing?

It's the secret service codename for his diaper.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

big nipples big life posted:

It's the secret service codename for his diaper.

Nah lol

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Audible won't let me download the audio book of Fire and Fury :tinfoil:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tumble posted:

yea but that's a fairly nonsensical argument since you couldn't even conceive of a computer or an attack chopper or surface-to-air missiles in those days, and now if you've got a bunch of oil or a few billion dollars you can buy your own military or have access to your money in a matter of seconds.

so as far as the kind of power or luxury you can buy with your money, it's far better to have a few billion dollars now than it was to have hundreds of billions of dollars then.

Are you...saying...that rich people in the past didn't live in opulent luxury and literally pay for their own militia/standing armies that were equal to or better equipped than the state with their own money back then because "they didn't have attack helicopters"?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I love these dumb right wing fuckers who believe in the illuminati and grand conspiracies, then have no problem with the Mercers,Devos, Kochs, Murdoch of the world. Only Soros. Why could that be :thunk:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There should be a willy wonka situation where one of the audiobooks is the piss tape

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

There should be a willy wonka situation where one of the audiobooks is the piss tape

Cause I've got a golden shower!
I got a golden tinkle in my eye!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/950900472579227648

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And then some Russian guy pays them all off and it never gets released :(

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Cause I've got a golden shower!
I got a golden tinkle in my eye!

:golfclap:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

I love these dumb right wing fuckers who believe in the illuminati and grand conspiracies, then have no problem with the Mercers,Devos, Kochs, Murdoch of the world. Only Soros. Why could that be :thunk:

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

This is how you negotiate with terrorists

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love that illuminati pyramid guy, he is cool and is my friend.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/950894078786506752

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

What's up, wound-cleaning buddy?

Mine was a (former) baker. And kept molesting the female staff.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

evilmiera posted:

Ahh take this to AUG please!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

evilmiera posted:

Sup infected dehiscing friendo!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I hope this shows up in a textbook 200 years from now and some kid asks "why does that sign just say WALL?" and the teacher has to tell them just how stupid Trumpsters were

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What am I doing? Oh nothing, just PRAISING ORB at the vitamin store.

hail

also with "the blacks get doped up on goofballs and lose control" guy, wasn't that the argument that got weed criminalized in the first place? Like the whole goddamn thing is fake as gently caress all the way down where the excuse to be a dick becomes taken seriously and becomes "true" and you gotta become a bigger rear end in a top hat because of hosed up fake ideas and it just gets completely insane and dronal turmp becomes predisent because even his opponent was abysmal

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

So I like the upside down flag a lot, but who is Powell? Collin Powell?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

priznat posted:

I love that illuminati pyramid guy, he is cool and is my friend.

Garrison's best character by far. I would read a comic about his wacky antics.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hail

also with "the blacks get doped up on goofballs and lose control" guy, wasn't that the argument that got weed criminalized in the first place? Like the whole goddamn thing is fake as gently caress all the way down where the excuse to be a dick becomes taken seriously and becomes "true" and you gotta become a bigger rear end in a top hat because of hosed up fake ideas and it just gets completely insane and dronal turmp becomes predisent because even his opponent was abysmal

I'm sure that was a factor but I always figured the reefer madness thing to be more about targeting Hispanics. Though, being America, there's more than enough racism for both groups.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Big Beef City posted:

Are you...saying...that rich people in the past didn't live in opulent luxury and literally pay for their own militia/standing armies that were equal to or better equipped than the state with their own money back then because "they didn't have attack helicopters"?

i guess if you're super-literal but my point that you can buy more with less money now was pretty obvious

like, being able to buy a flight on a private jet is just leaps and bounds above what you could do back in the 20s and 30s. even the concept of taking an economy flight from NYC to L.A would have been worth hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars to rich-rear end robber barons just for the time it saves. nowadays anybody with millions of dollars can hop a private jet to anywhere in the world, but in the 20s it didn't matter how rich you were because if you wanted to go to Tokyo it was gonna take you a week or so. Not rich? You can still fly across the country in 8 hours for 200 bucks.

also, "opulent luxury" really only meant servants and poo poo, a middle-class life now is warmer and longer-lasting and arguably better-fed than even the richest could manage back in the early 1900s. You have more options for different, good food in any decently sized city now than the richest people did anywhere a hundred years ago. and you're way less likely to poo poo yourself to death now, so that owns too

plus yea, attack choppers and missiles too

Tumble fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 10, 2018

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

I hope this shows up in a textbook 200 years from now and some kid asks "why does that sign just say WALL?" and the teacher has to tell them just how stupid Trumpsters were

I like how bannon used to be the alt right messiah and now he's dog poo poo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm sure that was a factor but I always figured the reefer madness thing to be more about targeting Hispanics. Though, being America, there's more than enough racism for both groups.

no that's true I was gonna throw in a thing about messicans too but :effort:
but seriously guys the jazz cabbage is truly the devils lettus and white women will surely be miscegenatin

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/950896639509659649

piss tape is going to court.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tumble posted:

i guess if you're super-literal but my point that you can buy more with less money now was pretty obvious

like, being able to buy a flight on a private jet is just leaps and bounds above what you could do back in the 20s and 30s. even the concept of taking an economy flight from NYC to L.A would have been worth hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars to rich-rear end robber barons just for the time it saves. nowadays anybody with millions of dollars can hop a private jet to anywhere in the world, but in the 20s it didn't matter how rich you were because if you wanted to go to Tokyo it was gonna take you a week or so. Not rich? You can still fly across the country in 8 hours for 200 bucks.

also, "opulent luxury" really only meant servants and poo poo, a middle-class life now is warmer and longer-lasting and arguably better-fed than even the richest could manage back in the early 1900s. You have more options for different, good food in any decently sized city now than the richest people did anywhere a hundred years ago. and you're way less likely to poo poo yourself to death now, so that owns too

plus yea, attack choppers and missiles too

You have no loving idea what you're talking about do you?

The amounts listed are 'relative wealth'. It means wielding 'the same amount of financial power as' not "I can go on a choo choo train!".

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

If Buzzfeed actually takes it that far.
That discovery though... :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

as a sicko, I say ... yes