Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Spudd posted:

All announcers are drunk because you'd have to, to be enthusiastic about this game.

John de Lacie just likes to play smug guys actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

Here's my build:

So that was awesome. Holy poo poo just darting in and out of the edges of fights on Battlefield and just sliming everyone, everywhere. Thanks!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Samara posted:

Any early Blaze impressions? Grubby says bunker isn’t great

Grubby is good, but that doesn't mean he's always right.

That said, both of Blaze's Heroics are kinda underwhelming, mostly due to Pyromania basically being an ult in and of itself. Bunker is much more likely to get you more utility and/or survivability because it's an Ice Block knockoff that staples 25 Armor to your butt after you leave it, which is a lot more useful than it sounds. I've had a ton of success coupling it with Pyromania for some sweet, sweet 50% damage reduction and shrugging off an absurd amount of punishment.

On the other hand, Combustion is just loving awkward. You either have to be in a gank bush or dive into the middle of the enemy team to get use out of it, and during the windup you're ripe for an interrupt. Combustion's damage is negligible (480 total base damage after the full charging period of 2.6 seconds) and the slow is merely okay-ish. It'd feel a lot more like a Heroic if it was 80%, but I haven't found a situation where I'd prefer it over the Bunker yet, so it hardly matters.

Kith fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 10, 2018

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Combustion sounds real cool, though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

bio347 posted:

Combustion sounds real cool, though.

oh yeah it sounds rad as gently caress

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Basically my problems with Combustion are:

A) You can't do anything else while you're channeling, meaning you have to blow all of your cooldowns before starting the channel or hide in a bush so you can channel in peace and hope your timing is good enough that you can pop the maximum charge on the enemy team instead of on nothing
B) The damage isn't worth it no matter how much you charge
C) The slow is only barely worth it, and that's only if you have a maximum charge
D) All of the above would be tolerable if it didn't cut your Movement Speed by fifty loving percent while you were channeling it but it does and that's why it's never going to see use from me

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Kith posted:

Grubby is good, but that doesn't mean he's always right.

That said, both of Blaze's Heroics are kinda underwhelming, mostly due to Pyromania basically being an ult in and of itself. Bunker is much more likely to get you more utility and/or survivability because it's an Ice Block knockoff that staples 25 Armor to your butt after you leave it, which is a lot more useful than it sounds. I've had a ton of success coupling it with Pyromania for some sweet, sweet 50% damage reduction and shrugging off an absurd amount of punishment.

On the other hand, Combustion is just loving awkward. You either have to be in a gank bush or dive into the middle of the enemy team to get use out of it, and during the windup you're ripe for an interrupt. Combustion's damage is negligible (480 total base damage after the full charging period of 2.6 seconds) and the slow is merely okay-ish. It'd feel a lot more like a Heroic if it was 80%, but I haven't found a situation where I'd prefer it over the Bunker yet, so it hardly matters.

I like Bunker when I play Kael. Because I kill entire teams.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I think it's better to treat Bunker as an Ice Block type effect or to dodge specific stuns/skillshots. It's got a short cooldown and just ducking out of a Tyrande stun or Zagaras Maw can already be enough to make a difference, even if you didn't get massive value out of it. If you can use it to bodyblock or safe an ally, all the better, but since neither of his ultimates are that strong, I don't think it's a big deal.

Anyone know how ducking into the bunker interacts with Chromies time loop?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Zwiebel posted:

Anyone know how ducking into the bunker interacts with Chromies time loop?

Cleanses it.

Kaldaris posted:

I like Bunker when I play Kael. Because I kill entire teams.

I am glad that your opponents are ready and willing to pile into a Roach Hotel and get Bug Bombed, but that's entirely on them being stupid.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Loutre posted:

Anyone tried out the new Malfurion? Wondering how he stacks up. I like the concept a lot.

I play Malfurion more than anybody I know. I'm about to grind him in some games with buddies tonight I'll try to post some thoughts after a few talent experiements.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Trip report from someone who used to play a lot of malfurion.

The interface for regrowth is terrible and it's very hard to tell how many you have, on who, and when they'll expire.

He's much more mana intensive, the healing globe nerf just makes it all the more obvious, and his healing is very anemic now against bosses and the like since they don't count as heroes and thus don't trigger his moonfire.

That said I just got 55% damage healed on Mines.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How are the innervate talents?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm trying to download the patch and getting ABYSMAL download speeds. Is something going on at Blizzard? I'm having no internet issues on my end

edit: I gave up and just literally reinstalled the whole game. I got it to optimal before hopping in. Is there a way to tell if the download is still going while i'm playing like WoW does? I can't seem to find any option for it

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 10, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The lack of the sound on Blaze's Fel Reaver skin sucks, but it still looks cool and I've wanted to play a Firebat hero forever.

On the other hand, the only two skin bundles I've bought I regret (Garrosh because he's not fun, Ragnaros because I like the default more).

Decisions, decisions. :ohdear:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
This is what I've gone so far and I haven't lost yet:

1) Nature's Swiftness (Q)
4) Deep Roots (E)
7) Tenacious Roots (E)
10) Tranquility
13) Hindering Moonfire (W)
16) Nature's Balance (Passive)
20) Serenity

The two root talents give you a much larger spread than ever before. Hindering Moonfire gives you soft CC. Nature's Swiftness gives you mobility. Nature's Balance makes your combo damage/healing much easier.

This is my gut first build.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Kurieg posted:

Looks like the new mecha skins aren't in this patch according to the notes.

Apparently Blizz wants to release new skins on the off weeks between hero releases so people aren't overwhelmed with stuff to spend money/gems on.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
My biggest Blaze problem is he just sounds slightly wrong.

Also: Bunker Drop is ok because it lets you dodge big skillshots and gives you 25 armor (50 at level 20).

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 10, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also Haunted Mines is a bad map why is it still in the game

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Blaze good. Blaze real good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kurieg posted:

He's much more mana intensive, the healing globe nerf just makes it all the more obvious,
Weird, I had exactly the opposite experience. Since you refresh regrowth so rarely, the moonfire cost reduction is baseline, and no more lunar shower until 20, his mana felt better than before.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 10, 2018

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

god that murky build is brutal and this comes from someone who heavily played murky in early beta because octograb could gently caress up people way more back then

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
New Malf is fun.

e: Didn't really know what I was building but here's what I used:

1 - Nature's Swiftness. Shan'do's Clarity might have been a better choice
4 - Vengeful Roots. Deep Roots sounds good, too
7 - Wild Growth. Didn't feel like it did much, but the opposing team didn't have much in the way of CC
10 - Twilight Dream
13 - Revitalize. Found I was often low on mana, so this seemed like a good idea
16 - Nature's Balance. Definitely improves Malf's burst heal, since it's easier to hit multiple heroes
20 - Astral Communion. We were well on our way to winning at this point, so I picked the "win more" talent.

Also, Malf synergises really well with Varian and Kerrigan.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 10, 2018

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I jumped into TL for my first 4 games ever with blaze last night lol. Went 2-2, unrelated to my lack of experience with him.

- He's totally a lane bully. Self sustain is awesome on him

- Very durable and able to cause chaos in team fights.

- One game the enemy team drafted Ana and Malthael against our double tank comp and it wrecked me pretty hard. But we also had a water dragon Lili so who knows with more healing output.

- Bunker ultimate seems underwhelming. It saved me from a late game gank. I feel right now the problem I was having is teams aren't used to having one on your team so they are going into the bunker with full health or not coming to help me if I pop it on myself.

- I disagree with what someone else mentioned, he puts out tons of damage. I was beating assassins regularly in the games I could sustain in team fights.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Running out of a bush into an enemy team, emoting "Need a light?" as Blaze is enough to make me squeal like a child with glee. Now they're all on fire, and I'm laughing, and all is cool and good in God's Kingdom.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
My favorite thing in this game will always be when you hit 20 on mechalord gazlowe and that moment of panic when the melee assassin on the enemy team who's been up your rear end all game suddenly realizes you can punch him to death in 3 swings, but has only realized this after fully committing to diving you.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Good Canadian Boy posted:

- One game the enemy team drafted Ana and Malthael against our double tank comp and it wrecked me pretty hard. But we also had a water dragon Lili so who knows with more healing output.

Yeah Malthael is really good against Blaze. In a solo lane situation Malthael can pretty much sustain through all of Blaze's damage. And late game the Reaper's Mark talents really hurt him.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I actually think bunker is really good. Cooldown is so short and the added armor is great. It's like a group ice block if you need it, or you could just use it at the start of a fight to soak cooldowns/give the team the armor boost. I also wonder if you could strategically place it to obstruct choke points.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Ana-Malthael is one of the strongest two hero pairs in the game. When she super-charges him with her ultimate he basically can infinitely spam his AOE shred move and it just obliterates a team fight.

I absolutely hate playing Ana, I dislike the character a lot, but I will play her sometimes into a teammate's Malthael if they know how to do the combo, because it's that good it can win a match by itself.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

New Malf is fun.

e: Didn't really know what I was building but here's what I used:

1 - Nature's Swiftness. Shan'do's Clarity might have been a better choice
4 - Vengeful Roots. Deep Roots sounds good, too
7 - Wild Growth. Didn't feel like it did much, but the opposing team didn't have much in the way of CC
10 - Twilight Dream
13 - Revitalize. Found I was often low on mana, so this seemed like a good idea
16 - Nature's Balance. Definitely improves Malf's burst heal, since it's easier to hit multiple heroes
20 - Astral Communion. We were well on our way to winning at this point, so I picked the "win more" talent.

Also, Malf synergises really well with Varian and Kerrigan.

I'll try out your build tonight, mine is a few posts above. I didn't find I had any mana problems at all on neo-Malfurion. I think Revitalize + Shando has always been a good combo in multiple mana thirsty member team comps but I really don't like going that route otherwise. I need to try some of the other early talents.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I need advice on how to play Malthael.... In general. I get he is a tank buster but I feel he needs to level up first before being remotely useful and is only good in a 1v1 situation. Team fights and trying to control an objectives are never in my favour.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Bunker does not cap a merc camp or stop it from being capped by the enemy. Just so you all know! Also bunker is very susceptible to getting your whole team wombo comboed. It’s good but it has massive drawbacks. Combustion I dunno. Not sold on it.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

god that murky build is brutal and this comes from someone who heavily played murky in early beta because octograb could gently caress up people way more back then

Are you referring to Macaluso's build?

I've decided to jump back into HOTS and I'm going whole hog into Murky.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

beejay posted:

Bunker does not cap a merc camp or stop it from being capped by the enemy. Just so you all know! Also bunker is very susceptible to getting your whole team wombo comboed. It’s good but it has massive drawbacks. Combustion I dunno. Not sold on it.

Haha yeah, I had a match on Braxis and the enemy team all dogpiled into a bunker on the boss when we were all trying to contend for it, and then suddenly *boss captured sound* and there goes our boss. :haw:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kyrosiris posted:

Haha yeah, I had a match on Braxis and the enemy team all dogpiled into a bunker on the boss when we were all trying to contend for it, and then suddenly *boss captured sound* and there goes our boss. :haw:

Are you me?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Can you pop in and out of a bunker, or is there a cooldown or cast time for it? If I can use it as a big HP and targeting cleanse for caster buddies that can pop out, blow cooldowns, pop back in again, that'd be pretty spiffy.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
blaze is super fun to team with and who doesn't like star craft characters!

I find Tychus is pretty good against him, kiting at a distance but who else pairs well with blaze? Jaina? or other people with roots?

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I've actually been playing brightwing the last few days and man do I love seeing the entire enemy team pile into a bunker. Just float over to the other side, wait a few seconds and emerald wind incoming.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Aerox posted:

Are you referring to Macaluso's build?

I've decided to jump back into HOTS and I'm going whole hog into Murky.

Yeah

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Re: bunker wombo. Can't you just all exit different directions and be fine? And different times? Seems like it'll trap people for the first couple of weeks until they understand how to use it strategically.

Talmonis posted:

Can you pop in and out of a bunker, or is there a cooldown or cast time for it? If I can use it as a big HP and targeting cleanse for caster buddies that can pop out, blow cooldowns, pop back in again, that'd be pretty spiffy.

Also this. If there's no internal CD it'll be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The big problem happens if several people get in it and stay in until it's destroyed/expires. Then the enemy team just lines up ring of frost/gravobomb/mosh pit or whatever. When it's destroyed, everyone just ends up in a pile right where the bunker was.