Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vox Nihili posted:

if u had any doubts about 2018, get thee hence. Get. Thee. HENCE.

Bullshit on an entirely new level of profundity.

Jesus wept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao the bitcoin bubble has infected the stock market

the market is extremely rational

hyperrational, i might dare venture

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Bullshit on an entirely new level of profundity.

Jesus wept.

i know its absolutely breathtaking

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
KodakCoins will work as tokens inside the new blockchain-powered KodakOne rights management platform. The platform will supposedly create a digital ledger of rights ownership that photographers can use to register and license new and old work. Both the platform and cryptocurrency are supposed to “empower photographers and agencies to take greater control in image rights management,” according to the press release. The digital currency is meant to create a new economy for photographers to receive payment and sell work on a secure platform.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

if u had any doubts about 2018, get thee hence. Get. Thee. HENCE.

im going to smash every one of these loving things

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
SPECULATION SPECULATION SPECULATION

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this can only be good for bitcoin

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

For a currency aimed at replacing the USD, it sure seems like Bitcoin/Ethereum/Buttcoin/Cosbycoin only value is that it can be exchanged for large amounts of USD, because some skittish Wall Street idiots think it's the future.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
it looks like one of those ghost traps from ghostbuster

except it traps bitcoin in the digital ether in front of you

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lastgirl posted:

it looks like one of those ghost traps from ghostbuster

except it traps bitcoin in the digital ether in front of you

harnessing the power of Hell itself to mine bitcoins

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
getting real sick of this tulip mania bullshit

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 06:05 on Jan 10, 2018

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Iirc most of them will be kept in tbe same industrial complex as Kodak's coal power plant.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Will bitcoin be what finally brings down trump

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

really convinced that satoshi is an accelerationist. bitcoin is just too perfect, speeding speculative financial collapse and heating the globe all at once

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You don't have to believe in accelerationism to be an accelerationist, and there's no group more willing to pump the gas pedal of capitalism than dumb rear end libertarians

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gtfo rudatron

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
No

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay fine i guess you could expand out of the Alt-Right thread into here to get schooled on for being a myopic insufferable gently caress but i mean if thats what you really want to do with your time be my guest

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
haha hey remember all of 12 hours ago how you got dragged to hell for saying white supremacy is a fake idea? wanna relitigate that here?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
haha but for real you loving suck bro

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
¡Jeb!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe one day, you'll learn to read, instead of just making poo poo up

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rudatron posted:

Maybe one day, you'll learn to read, instead of just making poo poo up

lol okay you want some receipts bro i can do that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't really find anything disagreeable with the take of "people who already think Capitalism is good are going to end up accelerating its effects because they think it'll work out regardless"

It's different from an "accelerationist" wanting to accelerate decline in order to speed up the glorious revolution, because a libertarian doesn't think we're heading for a decline in the first place.

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 08:35 on Jan 10, 2018

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rudatron posted:

the real truth: white privilege was always a dumb idea, the issue wraps around and has always wrapped around to one of class, it's just that race also factors into what class you're in.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rudatron you are Joy Reids imagined boogeyman leftist

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rudatron posted:

the point of contention isn't that racism exists or whatever, but that the concept of white privilege itself isn't predictive, nor even rhetorically useful - there's certainly no point in preaching to trailer trash about how they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths

you literally do not understand the concept of privilege you dumb son of a bithc

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey remember when you dove into D&D immediately after the election and told a black poster that YOUR IDPOL IS WHY TRUMP WON

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I encourage all people to read my posts, in full, in the context i made them, because your histironic interpretation of them doesnt actually match what i said, and this is something that happens repeatedly, to the point i suspect its an intentional gambit, by you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i bet youll pretend you dont, rudatron

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
your posts are loving terrible and no one reads them because theyre sanctimonious garbage, moron

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im dragging you right now, rudatron

this is your congress of vienna

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rudatron i have tried to engage you sincerely in the past and your stated position is "why should i give a poo poo about your opinion"

you loving suck, rudatron. you are the worst kind of insanely tedious faux leftist getting high off your own supply of self-righteousness. you are the ur-bernout. you are what people point to to discredit us.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rudatron i have read the entrails of your future and i have seen that you are going to go hard reactionary when a black person sasses you too hard

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pokemon go gently caress yourself rudatron

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You discredit yourself, i just like talking about things, but if attacked i defend myself. You seem enganged in wierd vendettas on your forum enemies, as displayed by you treating the suck zone as hell dump - something you probably won't be punished for either, because that's what happens.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
rudatron you dumb son of a bitch youre going to go so loving Norman Podhoretz all you need to trigger the transformation is having Keith Ellison accidentally insult your wife

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Typo posted:

presidency doesn't do all that much

are we back to this

is this the Dem Stockholm syndrome

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rudatron posted:

You discredit yourself, i just like talking about things, but if attacked i defend myself. You seem enganged in wierd vendettas on your forum enemies, as displayed by you treating the suck zone as hell dump - something you probably won't be punished for either, because that's what happens.

nyer nyer nyer you discredit yourself what about my decorum nyer nyer nyer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread