Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

rudatron posted:

I encourage all people to read my posts, in full, in the context i made them, because your histironic interpretation of them doesnt actually match what i said, and this is something that happens repeatedly, to the point i suspect its an intentional gambit, by you

I love that you make the same argument a nazi does when someone calls them a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Forums poster unable to respond to logical arguments

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

if u had any doubts about 2018, get thee hence. Get. Thee. HENCE.

why does it look like it was made in 1970s Yugoslavia?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

helll yeah posting battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfTuvH8j8mo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

here we were complaining about bitcoin, when a single forum meltdown releases as much co2 as krakatoa

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm calling that the democrats release their own bitcoin miner before the republicans do

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

why do you think they were jonesing to consolidate those data centers

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm calling that the democrats release their own bitcoin miner before the republicans do

ItWasHerCoin
HopeAndCoin
TheResistcoin

that's all i got

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
white privilege, Ripley's believe it or not

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

cointelpro

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the Oprah Winfrey Network and the Democratic National Committee team up to release the latest Cryptocoin, DemocraCoin, *crypto market immediately collapses bringing down the actual economy with it*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bernie Would Have Won

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

HiHo ChiRho posted:

consolidate the bitcoin miners

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiHo ChiRho posted:

tiny brain: the Democrats should spend their money in more direct and productive ways than throwing it all at professional political consultants who have a by-design motivation to keep their clients from succeeding

galaxy brain: sell bitcoin mining rigs to Democrat loyalists so they can mine cryptocurrency that Tom Perez can sell off in order to pay the crippling debt to political consultants that have yet to produce a meaningful victory even after taking millions of dollars

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This is our Suck song
Dem bitcoin rig song
Subscribe to us song
Pro Consolidation
Data center song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
"Pokemon go gently caress yourself" is funny

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:yeah:

I'm all in for Jeb! 2020!

Remember the lesson of the turtle, slow and steady wins the race.

a helpful bear posted:

ItWasHerCoin
HopeAndCoin
TheResistcoin

that's all i got

ImWithHerCoin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a helpful bear posted:

ItWasHerCoin
HopeAndCoin
TheResistcoin

that's all i got

HaveYouSeenTheOtherCoin???

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

WampaLord posted:

:yeah:

I'm all in for Jeb! 2020!

Remember the lesson of the turtle, slow and steady wins the race.

:golfclap:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i wonder what our old friend and political savant jim mess ina has been up to

https://twitter.com/gideonresnick/status/950927964211949569

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This is our Suck song
Dem bitcoin rig song
Subscribe to us song
Pro Consolidation
Data center song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
"Pokemon go gently caress yourself" is funny

Consolida-song cmon bruh

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

nyer nyer nyer you discredit yourself what about my decorum nyer nyer nyer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

well i thought it was funny

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vox Nihili posted:

if u had any doubts about 2018, get thee hence. Get. Thee. HENCE.

why

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Thoughts on this?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

furniture stores are magical places

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

That's a fairly straightforward point: the amount of money America takes from its taxpayers may well be better as a matter of proportions and equality and distribution, but what's done with that money, and the results of how that money is used, may still be complete poo poo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bernie Would Have Won

she blocked me for posting “bernie 2020!!”

I guess she really wanted bernie to lose her poll :/

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i wonder what our old friend and political savant jim mess ina has been up to

https://twitter.com/gideonresnick/status/950927964211949569

Jim Messina attributes trump winning the primary to god? I think an entity located closer to the earth’s core answered Jim’s prayers

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
that wp article also ignores that america has a greater wealth inequality than the other countries listed, sweden has a gini coefficient of 0.27, the us is around 0.41 (higher is worse), so there's just plain more money at the top anyway

it's why it's '% of tax burden', to hide that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Condiv posted:

Jim Messina attributes trump winning the primary to god? I think an entity located closer to the earth’s core answered Jim’s prayers

Jim is a Mess!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

that wp article also ignores that america has a greater wealth inequality than the other countries listed, sweden has a gini coefficient of 0.27, the us is around 0.41 (higher is worse), so there's just plain more money at the top anyway

Yeah it's also true that even if your tax code is the "most progressive" already, if there is already a lot of accumulated wealth at the top to begin with, then you need to crank that bitch up even higher.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Kurtofan posted:

Jim is a Mess!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's a fairly straightforward point: the amount of money America takes from its taxpayers may well be better as a matter of proportions and equality and distribution, but what's done with that money, and the results of how that money is used, may still be complete poo poo.

Could it be possible that other countries just have other stronger taxes than the U.S. (like Capital Gains or a Wealth Tax) rather than relying on an income tax?

rudatron posted:

Yeah, I considered that.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Could it be possible that other countries just have other stronger taxes than the U.S. (like Capital Gains or a Wealth Tax) rather than relying on an income tax?

I'm not savvy enough with the terminology used in the article to discern whether the writer was using an especially narrow definition of "income tax" to make a disingenuous point, but you could possibly be correct also.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
let's buy scores of expensive video cards and make them use an outrageous amount of energy to make literally nothing that you can sort of turn into money under unfavorable market conditions

cryptocurrencies are the trump of things that aren't president

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

ScrubLeague posted:

let's buy scores of expensive video cards and make them use an outrageous amount of energy to make literally nothing that you can sort of turn into money under unfavorable market conditions

cryptocurrencies are the trump of things that aren't president

I wanna upgrade, but cards are like, a grand now, when in stock.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:allears:

loving cucks

All of ya :smugdon:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Step aside Lenon this is the new Imagine.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i went and looked at the report its based on. to no one's surprise, the writer of that article was cherrypicking bits out of context to make that argument.

the report says that according to their raw data and basic algorithm, the US has the highest tax progressivity coefficient. and then in the very next sentence, it discusses that this is due to flaws or skews in their algorithms, and points out specific reasons why the US in particular is badly distorting their data and leading it to misleading output.

for example, it states that countries with particularly high inequality will naturally appear to have more progressive taxes, since their evaluation is based on total amount paid rather than taxation rates. it also states that after they correct for the skews caused by America's staggering levels of inequality, the most progressive tax systems are Ireland and Australia. it also notes that America's heavy reliance on tax credits in place of actual redistributive systems tends to skew their analysis because of all the weird low-income tax credits leading to particularly low taxes on the very poor, which tends to skew things in odd ways when they're trying to boil the US tax system down to a single number to put on a graph

whenever you see a reporter talking about how a study shows something you wouldn't expect, your first instinct should be to assume they're lying until you've seen the study yourself

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

I wanna upgrade, but cards are like, a grand now, when in stock.

Had a guest at the bar tonight who was bitching he couldn’t afford a new graphics card because of the “bitcoin idiots”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

i went and looked at the report its based on. to no one's surprise, the writer of that article was cherrypicking bits out of context to make that argument.

the report says that according to their raw data and basic algorithm, the US has the highest tax progressivity coefficient. and then in the very next sentence, it discusses that this is due to flaws or skews in their algorithms, and points out specific reasons why the US in particular is badly distorting their data and leading it to misleading output.

for example, it states that countries with particularly high inequality will naturally appear to have more progressive taxes, since their evaluation is based on total amount paid rather than taxation rates. it also states that after they correct for the skews caused by America's staggering levels of inequality, the most progressive tax systems are Ireland and Australia. it also notes that America's heavy reliance on tax credits in place of actual redistributive systems tends to skew their analysis because of all the weird low-income tax credits leading to particularly low taxes on the very poor, which tends to skew things in odd ways when they're trying to boil the US tax system down to a single number to put on a graph

whenever you see a reporter talking about how a study shows something you wouldn't expect, your first instinct should be to assume they're lying until you've seen the study yourself

very low taxes on a perfectly spherical very poor person with encyclopedic knowledge of the tax code in a vacuum

• Locked thread