Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, I said 2017 and I hosed up. So I'll say Q4 2018. Going on to year 6 in development land is definitely entering closed alpha/beta territory and I don't see CIG there yet.

This sounds more like a distant hope than a hard deadline. Do you have no trust in Chris left? Have you ever held CIG accountable in any fashion? I hope when this is over you realize backers let helped CIG squander the dream.

SomethingJones posted:

I did a few effortposts comparing their transcripts to my own word for word stuff and the game was up. Derek tweeted the side by side comparisons to much hilarity.

After that they took down the little notice on their transcriptions page that said "we are second in knowledge only to the devs" and replaced it with a disclaimer saying "transcripts are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate" which I believe is still there.

It was blatant stuff like "we are not at a stage to do weather systems yet" became "yes weather systems are coming"

It was all screenshotted, archived, posted, tweeted and then forgotten as soon as another scam/fuckup happened.

lol I hope I can look that up, surprised I missed it because I remember for the INN breakup.

edit:

SomethingJones posted:

Well Chris said we're getting a schedule and roadmap for SQ42 at the end of Dec 2017 so let's just wait and give MoMA until then

:vince:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Virtual Captain posted:

This sounds more like a distant hope than a hard deadline. Do you have no trust in Chris left? Have you ever held CIG accountable in any fashion? I hope when this is over you realize backers let helped CIG squander the dream.

lol I hope I can look that up, surprised I missed it because I remember for the INN breakup.

edit:

:vince:

Oh hang on I'm talking about INN

Sorry I got them mixed up.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

G0RF posted:

EUROGAMER: Star Citizen, I am Disappointed

Oh hey, finally a news story not harping on the latest lawsuit development. Don’t these clickbaiters realize there is a GAME being made here?

Oh wait... Oh no...

Oh :chanpop:

There are so many fair-minded complaints in this write up of 3.0 that to bold them all would make for an ugly sight. It’s the first time in a long time a major outlet has written an actual review of the game as playable, and man, it’s not pretty.

Eurogamer testing the waters?

Comments not filled with shills?

Swofford not on the phone demanding heads?

Cool.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to think of my dream outcome of the lawsuit and it’s one of two things:

-The judge forces Crobberts to reveal just how much progress they’ve made on SC and S42

-Crytek wins and forces Crobberts & Co. to release a MVP to try and salvage whatever revenue they can

-Finding out just how many backer dollars went into legal fees

-Discovering what new revenue scheme they’ll drum up to make back that money

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Galarox can you do this but make it say Chris Roberts Life of Lyin'

It even has a crashed spaceship on it already so half the work is done.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You forgot

- How much backer money was spent on having a barista on location at all times.
- How much backer money was spent on leasing porches
- How much backer money was spent that loving space door.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandweed posted:

You forgot

- How much backer money was spent on having a barista on location at all times.
- How much backer money was spent on leasing porches
- How much backer money was spent that loving space door.

I suspect before this is all said and done we will get some sort of list of expenditures, calling it now

If I was Skadden, I would be arguing that CIG breached the contract because they’re simply too incompetent and greedy to commit to CryEngine, and as the scope of the project has been feature creeped to all hell by a prima donna without the talent under him to realize his vision, their scrambling led to jumping to Lumberyard/Starengine in some mad dash to make a FPS engine run a space MMO while not scrapping everything they’ve done so far.

It’s a fuckin’ mess, all of it. 3.0 was hyped for a year to be some game-changer and it was a complete flop, after deciding to start selling loving empty internet space dirt plots and loving tanks. They’re doing stupid poo poo like this engine switching contracting breaching shenanigan because they don’t actually know how to get from the drawing board to a finished product.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

"I plead the 4th"

"the 4th? you mean the fifth right?"

"nope. the 4th. as in 4th stimpire"

*deskeletonization teams burst into the room*

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217008435?t=01m42s

:gary:

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ

fnox
May 19, 2013

Does anybody know why like, nobody mentioned section 2.4 of the GLA?

quote:

During the Term of the License, or any renewals thereof, and for a period of two years thereafter, Licensee, its principals, and Affiliates shall not directly or indirectly engage in the business of designing, developing, creating, supporting, maintaining, promoting, selling or licensing (directly or indirectly) any game engine or middleware which compete with CryEngine.

That's like a clear loving cut breach of the agreement. Leonard French completely ignored it, the Motion to Dismiss obviously did so as well. There's no semantics necessary, CIG switched to Lumberyard, made a press release promoting it, and openly talked about how it's oh so much better than CryEngine, making it a CryEngine competitor. Disregarding the fact that Lumberyard is CryEngine, and the exact same branch they were using was the one that Amazon bought out, that clause was clearly broken since the contract was never terminated.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

fnox posted:

To me it seems like Crytek's lawyers were baiting CIG into a poorly written motion to dismiss.

This lawsuit has been planned pretty carefully so nobody should expect them to play all their cards at once and they'll obviously want to keep CIG on the back foot.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

fnox posted:

That's like a clear loving cut breach of the agreement. Leonard French completely ignored it, the Motion to Dismiss obviously did so as well. There's no semantics necessary, CIG switched to Lumberyard, made a press release promoting it, and openly talked about how it's oh so much better than CryEngine, making it a CryEngine competitor. Disregarding the fact that Lumberyard is CryEngine, and the exact same branch they were using was the one that Amazon bought out, that clause was clearly broken since the contract was never terminated.

Remember when citizens were crowing about all the money CIG would make when they licensed StarEngine to other gaming companies? And how CIG implicitly encouraged them?

Good times

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Streetroller posted:

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

/bow
I will remember this courage for a long time. Good luck, Streetroller!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

:five:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

You're the true warlord.

Derek, take note. This is how it's done! Mad props! :five:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

Another challenger appears. Would you like to sue more ?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

lol. Didn't you already get a refund?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh god yes streetroller. I'm almost there :fap:

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Legal chat itt is going to go through the roof!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Eurogamer testing the waters?

Comments not filled with shills?

Swofford not on the phone demanding heads?

Cool.

I was pleased to see the handful of mongoloid being all "It's alpha!!! Learn about game development!" were downvoted pretty hard there :v

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

:patriot::911::vince::911::patriot:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

You, I like. Godspeed friend

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Enchanted Hat posted:

lol. Didn't you already get a refund?

nope.jpg

Figure that one out.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

I assume you are suing Chris personally, and not the Cloud Conglomerate - which is why his shells are ineffective?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Pretty good place to start if you need some 10FtC outright lies: https://starcitizentracker.github.io#broken

Ask Chris to show the court his 20 Million AI agents. Had it in 2015: "We actually have a full Universe simulation that runs… we actually don't need it to run on any particular bank of servers. It just actually runs on one server, and it simulates about 20 million AI agents. It simulates the AI agents in a very sort of high-level manner."

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
balls of steel!

who's gonna tell roberts :ohdear:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act explained posted:

Most states have what is generally called an Unfair, Deceptive Acts and Practices law (or UDAP for short). The strength of the protections varies from state-to-state. New Jersey’s UDAP law, called the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, is particularly strong.

The New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act defines consumer fraud as “any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise or misrepresentation” in connection with the sale of goods, services or real estate. Under the definition, the term “sale”, does not require that the transaction be completes as it also includes “offers” and “attempts” to sell, rent or distribute goods or services.

Under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act a consumer fraud may be committed by an (1) affirmative misrepresentation; (2) a knowing omission; or (3) a violation of specific consumer protection.

An affirmative misrepresentation fraud is committed when the person or business makes a statement that turns out to be untrue regardless of whether the person or business making the statement knew that it was untrue at the time it is made.

A knowing omission consumer fraud is committed when the person or business knowingly conceals, suppresses or omits a material fact. A fact is material if it is important to the transaction.

The final category of consumer fraud covers a wide variety of commercial endeavors with specific laws enacted to cover each one. The most common practices where frauds are alleged include, home improvement contracts, gym memberships and auto sales.

Alleging a violation of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act is the first requirement in making out a claim. Next, the consumer must establish that he of she has suffered an “ascertainable loss” related to the act of consumer fraud. In order to be considered an “ascertainable loss”, the damage suffered by the consumer calculable.

If a consumer is able to successfully sue for a New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act claim, he or she is entitled to three times the amount of damages suffered (called treble damages).

The New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act is “fee shifting” meaning that if the consumer is successful in his or her lawsuit; the offending business must pay the consumer’s reasonable attorneys’ fees. Because these laws are fee shifting, most consumer attorneys will handle a consumer protection case without ever charging the consumer a penny.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I thought Derek was going to sue Montoya?

Derek this is a lawyer. File the lawsuit.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

:five: :five: :five:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Zadda posted:

balls of steel!

who's gonna tell roberts :ohdear:

Ortwin is probably thinking "Geez at this rate I'll get back on the golf course."

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Another lawsuit has hit the Space industry?

It's getting better and better

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Streetroller posted:

nope.jpg

Figure that one out.

Then good luck, commando. Burn it to the ground!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Streetroller posted:

loving blow me.

I don't know. According to the description, you've got weird hands — you really think you stand a chance against a hand-wave master such as Chris? Pff. Think again.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Golli posted:

I assume you are suing Chris personally, and not the Cloud Conglomerate - which is why his shells are ineffective?

Yep. And no, his shells are ineffective because under NJ law an LLC has nothing to do with consumer fraud, it bypasses the LLC and goes straight to the proprietor.
This is so people can't create "Pyramid Scheme LLC", con a whole bunch of people, and dissolve.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
A second lawsuit has hit the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Streetroller posted:

nope.jpg

Figure that one out.

Now I'm confused.