Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

From the GBS Cursed Images thread.

Karate Bastard posted:

Warning: powerful, inexcusable curse within.

https://i.imgur.com/8SyoQRG.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

New birb obtained?? I might have lost my mind. Why did I do this.

He still has no name. He makes weird warbling beeping noises. He sang a little, as loudly as possible. Rescue lady was like I THINK SHE MIGHT BE A GIRL but um that is definitely male plumage do you just not know tiels? My existing bird was so surprised by this new bird he fell off his perch (he's okay) and turned into velcro for the rest of the evening. They stared at each other from across the room for a while. Everyone is high strung and nervous.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Youth Decay posted:

That video was viral a while ago (particularly among South Carolina Gamecock fans) and it pretty much proves that birds are just fashionably-dressed dinosaurs.

I figured it was a repost but last time I apologized in advance for a potential repost, this thread laughed at me.

https://i.imgur.com/O1SdCfD.mp4

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's it like having a bird, are they super affectionate?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

RoboRodent posted:

He still has no name. He makes weird warbling beeping noises. He sang a little, as loudly as possible. Rescue lady was like I THINK SHE MIGHT BE A GIRL but um that is definitely male plumage do you just not know tiels? My existing bird was so surprised by this new bird he fell off his perch (he's okay) and turned into velcro for the rest of the evening. They stared at each other from across the room for a while. Everyone is high strung and nervous.

Those seagrass mats are the best thing ever according to every bird I have met.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

my conure is sitting on my chest preening my face and cramming her beak up my nose. If I were to allow this to continue, she would do it for hours and hours without end.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

nobody let any of the thread greys see this article lest they get ideas.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

It depends entirely on the individual bird.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Turtlicious posted:

Like said earlier, it can be totally different depending on each bird. Birds are very much like people in that they can be smart, goofy, needy, or independent, etc etc. A bird’s species can feed into it. Like we all call GCCs Velcro birds because they want to be with you all the time.

Mine personally, while not wanting to snuggle constantly, always want to be with me when I’m home. Either on my lap/laptop or sitting on my chest/down my shirt.

Most birds do need a lot of interaction time though, it just is what that counts as that differs for each. Some just want to chill and play with toys in their cage while you are in the room, they can see you and that’s cool. Some, like aforementioned Velcro birds, want to be up in whatever you are doing.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
https://i.imgur.com/wgPgG5P.mp4

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Youth Decay posted:

That video was viral a while ago (particularly among South Carolina Gamecock fans) and it pretty much proves that birds are just fashionably-dressed dinosaurs.

go cocks

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

RoboRodent posted:

cockatiels are so stupid and good

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Potato got his first taste of the outdoors and visited a small private park. Highlights include screaming at a grackle and screaming at a hummingbird.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Shirec posted:

Like said earlier, it can be totally different depending on each bird. Birds are very much like people in that they can be smart, goofy, needy, or independent, etc etc. A bird’s species can feed into it. Like we all call GCCs Velcro birds because they want to be with you all the time.

Mine personally, while not wanting to snuggle constantly, always want to be with me when I’m home. Either on my lap/laptop or sitting on my chest/down my shirt.

Most birds do need a lot of interaction time though, it just is what that counts as that differs for each. Some just want to chill and play with toys in their cage while you are in the room, they can see you and that’s cool. Some, like aforementioned Velcro birds, want to be up in whatever you are doing.

Yeah, Cricket (orange-fronted conure) is a lovebug. She isn't snuggly like most of the velcrobirds in this thread...she doesn't snuggle up with me (or my husband) or anything like that. She does, though, spend 99% of her outside time either next to me where she can see me or on my shoulder or on my head. Cricket is a kissy bird...she will give kisses all day every day, and chatter up a storm to you. She yells "daddy's home" and "birdy-bird!!" when my husband gets home from work, and will heart wing at him and blow kisses until she can go over and give him his kisses. Same for when I am gone and come back (but I get the "hey baby" instead of daddy lol).

But snuggles? Nope. Closest we get is her sitting on our shoulders and napping with a foot holding onto his shirt or my hair, or when she gets in her kissy kissy moods. Cricket is very affectionate, but in no way is she snuggly like a GCC or a cockatoo is. I wouldn't change her for the world though :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

theHUNGERian posted:

I figured it was a repost but last time I apologized in advance for a potential repost, this thread laughed at me.

Only in a nice way!

Please never stop posting gifs :3:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Gillian is finally letting me give her scritches, just only with my nose. Which is a bit awkward and literally a pain in the neck.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
No hand! Only scritch!

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Yeah exactly

For a while now she's been asking for scritches, but hisses and backs away when my hand gets close. I guess I was just scritching wrong

also came across this while looking for that:

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Check out my pet velociraptor.

(Murphy not impressed by me trying to show her bird videos).

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Patrovsky posted:

Check out my pet velociraptor.

(Murphy not impressed by me trying to show her bird videos).

I watched bird videos last night, in another room, with doors half closed. I still heard squawks from my own cage in reaction to the honking sounds from my phone.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/100321972/roadconemoving-kea-get-gym-to-distract-them-away-from-traffic

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The lady who was rehoming cockatiels from whom I got this new birb was not really a formal rescue, and while she's familiar with birds I don't think she was familiar with tiels in particular. She said to me she thought this new bird (who I have since named Mr. Oscar Beepington, Ozzy for short) was a female, because of "her" behaviour. And I wasn't really going to get into an argument with her but I was thinking, nah that is some definitely male plumage so I don't know what the hell, I know most parrots aren't sexually dimorphic but tiels sure are.

But I think Ozzy is just gay as hell. At least, he is gay as hell for my other tiel, trying to serenade and flirt with him from a distance every time he sees him. Sera (Sir Serendipity Seven-Toes, if you're feeling nasty) is not in the least sure about his new admirer so it's all very one-sided right now.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

The lady who was rehoming cockatiels from whom I got this new birb was not really a formal rescue, and while she's familiar with birds I don't think she was familiar with tiels in particular. She said to me she thought this new bird (who I have since named Mr. Oscar Beepington, Ozzy for short) was a female, because of "her" behaviour. And I wasn't really going to get into an argument with her but I was thinking, nah that is some definitely male plumage so I don't know what the hell, I know most parrots aren't sexually dimorphic but tiels sure are.

But I think Ozzy is just gay as hell. At least, he is gay as hell for my other tiel, trying to serenade and flirt with him from a distance every time he sees him. Sera (Sir Serendipity Seven-Toes, if you're feeling nasty) is not in the least sure about his new admirer so it's all very one-sided right now.

I love these names and also I love the idea of cockatiels both wooing and pining for other birds, inanimate objects, various limbs, etc

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
https://i.imgur.com/OoPavq9.mp4

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Knowing a bird’s gender is really easy: if they want to eat your face it’s a girl, if they want to jump you it’s a guy.

VOILÀ!

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/kozukiqtaro/status/950853796535693313

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ooh what kind of parrot is the pretty jingle bird?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Looks like a chattering lori

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Trying to up my game in this thread.

And the last one is probably a repost, but what do I know: http://birdycreatures.tumblr.com/post/126040901743/8ur-this-is-so-good-and-pure

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

This can never be posted too many times :colbert:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Garrus was more interested in my phone than a fresh crunch stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTd3cX4ZFWc

But his love of food eventually won over.

and I managed to get a picture of nose scritch

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/xXJjK7Y.mp4

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0ehBbe4SY

Needy baby parrots

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Spent an hour meeting Spencer the Goffins today and he was a chill and good bird, he is also very smart and has to be padlocked into his cage or else he breaks out. He was pretty OK with letting us handle him and going up on our shoulders. The wife and I have to figure out how we'll fit him in with our home, and we also want to meet him a few more times before we make a decision on whether to adopt him.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

From Reddit:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

redgubbinz posted:

From Reddit:

I must know this Instagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The other foot is hidden behind his back, holding a knife

Also, the heartbreaking sound of an innocent baby bird crying from being terrorised by the dread nail clipper :negative: This is how I die! Remember me, friends, as the hero I was! Record these my last words: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now they are full of post-clipping sunnies and crunching contentedly as they go to sleep :mad: