Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Extortionist posted:

I think this is the best thing I've seen happen in 200-something hours of this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEV6jyPGhM

I was on the defending team and we spent a minute or two trying to figure out who to congratulate for the kills before we realized what happened.

Of course, we then went on to win the round.

Replays that follow the bounces of a frag grenade gone wrong are by far my favorite replays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights
For those who haven't seen it in discord, I have stolen various information (mostly from WackyJacky101) and am now claiming credit for it:

Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot so I've updated it slightly.

Bouchehog fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 10, 2018

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Bouchehog posted:

For those who haven't seen it in discord, I have stolen various information (mostly from WackyJacky101) and am now claiming credit for it:

Actually I think you'll find that Boucherhog is claiming credit for it :smug:

Thanks, this is useful stuff for people who are bad (like me)

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
What does the red dot on top of the loot crate indicate? What am I supposed to use it for?

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

Krolm posted:

Actually I think you'll find that Boucherhog is claiming credit for it :smug:

Thanks, this is useful stuff for people who are bad (like me)

The validity of your point saddens me. :(

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

What does the red dot on top of the loot crate indicate? What am I supposed to use it for?

Checking the distance of the crate. ADS with left shift held.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

underage at the vape shop posted:

same

anyone who says this has 0 critical thinking skills and you should ignore them

E:

The compensator and flash hider are straight up far better because of the recoil reduction. Silencers get less bad the further range your gun is, the only situation they are best in slot is on a bolt action sniper, where recoil reduction is irelevent.

The advantage of a supressor is that it reduces the range enemies can hear you, but the sound still travels a long way with one. Meaning, you are only going to get anything out of the silencer at longer ranges. At these ranges, you are going to have a tough time hitting someone, and as soon as the bullet lands, they are going to scramble, which makes it even harder to hit them, let alone down/kill them. With a little bit of experience, you can easily figure out the direction someone is shooting from, meaning they will know where you are, completely negating any advantage of the supressor. The lack of recoil reduction also means that you have to spend more time adjusting between shots, which means more time fighting, more time tunnel visioned on something far away, more time for someone close to sneak up and catch you off guard. Long range fighting is bad in general.

Close - medium range, where they can hear you anyway, the recoil reduction of the other two is far more important than far away enemies hearing you. If you get in a close range fight, its very likely the enemy won't have a supressor and everyone in range is going to hear gunshots from them anyway. At these ranges, fights are all about bursting down your enemy before they duck back into cover, and the supressor doesn't help with that at all.

The only time supressors have any sort of advantage is in scenarios where you typically don't want to be fighting anyway, they just aren't good in a game with realistic-ish balistics and arcadey health mechanics.

Very underappreciated aspect of suppressors is that they totally 100% hide your muzzle flash. This easily buys you extra critical moments if you're the one initiating an engagement. Once the enemy knows where you are you should switch over to a compensator if you have one.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

My only solo chicken dinner was because my M4 was silenced and every guy I killed didn't know the direction I was shooting from and died because of it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I hit the shot of my PUBG life last night in a duos match, and then got to the end game 1v1 and fuckin' blew it. Woulda been a 7 kill and 4 kill duos win, instead it was a 6 kill and 4 kill duos 2nd place and I legit whiffed 30 bullets on a guy (I got him down to a sliver of health), he healed up behind a tree, and murdered me.

I went to bed sad and hungry.

Will post the kill later.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 10, 2018

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Spotted a nearby air drop today, in the water, and no one else was around to jetski out to it. AWM and L3 helmet. Spent the rest of the round looking for a scope. Got my only 2 kills using the SCAR while assaulting&defending a building.
That got me the 4X I needed, then got pinned behind a tree. I got to fire the AWM *once*, a near miss, then I got headshot.

Would be nice to get a kill with that gun once. Does it ever drop with a scope?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

In my 150 hours of playing I've only nabbed an AWP once. I heard a guy sneaking up on me later that round and 180 quick-scoped him in the gut. One of my most rewarding PUBG moments to date.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rex-Goliath posted:

Very underappreciated aspect of suppressors is that they totally 100% hide your muzzle flash. This easily buys you extra critical moments if you're the one initiating an engagement. Once the enemy knows where you are you should switch over to a compensator if you have one.

completely unnecessary and forces you to take your eyes off combat.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Suppressors are choice because they conceal you from all the goblins coming to murk you who were summoned by the sounds of a firefight.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

completely unnecessary and forces you to take your eyes off combat.

Actually entirely dependent on the situation and your ability to gauge whether it's worth it or not in the heat of the moment. Definitely not a bad thing to consider if your situational awareness is good and you're comfortable with swapping attachments on the fly quickly.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 10, 2018

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

slap me and kiss me posted:

Suppressors are choice because they conceal you from all the goblins coming to murk you who were summoned by the sounds of a firefight.
This is correct, Silencer is best in slot nearly always and that other guys advice will get you killed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop: Nice.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

So, uh, is this a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mqDUiLwXBA

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I got an AR silencer early match last night, blindsided a few guys and killed them. First guy I killed had another AR silencer :v:
Got to 11 left, then lost an engagement because A: i couldn't secure the kill at medium range with the red dot and silencer, and B: thought i didn't have time to reload when pushing the guy. I totally did and not having a full clip lost me the fight.

Gg dumbo :(

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

silencers are super over rated

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Bhodi posted:

This is correct, Silencer is best in slot nearly always and that other guys advice will get you killed

Yea if I find a silencer it is staying on the gun. Every chicken dinner I had was with a silenced weapon.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tweak posted:

silencers are super over rated

this is super :wrong:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I relish the opportunity to give a silencer to someone else or switch it for the vastly superior compensator

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wonder why compensators are so much easier to find. probably because they're better. that makes sense.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

good players like shroud/chadd/me all agree: take a compensator

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Maybe the average goon player gets more value out of having their position concealed than someone with arguably the best aim on the planet???

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Bouchehog posted:

Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot so I've updated it slightly.

This is good, but it's a 640x400 image on imgbb. Most of the content is okay, but can't really make out the table values in the lower left.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I'll never understand how some goons are completely unable to consider nuance.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Nuance is way overrated. It's never once won me a chicken dinner.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

willroc7 posted:

Maybe the average goon player gets more value out of having their position concealed than someone with arguably the best aim on the planet???

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Why would someone with the best aim on the planet need an attachment that helps with aiming? :smug:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So the new Nvidia postprocessing feature is basically a hack.

Without:

With:

Look at the shadows. This poo poo shouldn't be allowed.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is the new Nvidia postprocessing feature?

Also, are you talking about the shadows being clearer? Not that it doesn't give you an advantage but that's been literally a function of some monitors and you could always adjust the gamma curve to make shadows brighter in Nvidia's control panel.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

These maps are too big.

I don't particularly enjoy having about 4 minutes of gunshoots then 30 minutes of sprinting/hiding/camping then 2 minutes of gunshoots, interspersed with sniper rifles missing from 500m away. Even if I'm at the center of the circle at the most obvious fighty spot actively looking for people, everyone just sneaks around with snipers at the edge of the circle anyways until they're FORCED to get there and still snipe at one another.

I thought about solutions to this problem that will never get implemented.

1) What if there was no white circle, and it was only revealed when the blue circle began converging in the center? This would deter nerds from just waiting along the white's edge until the blue converges in.

2) The red zone should be able to hurt people inside buildings.

3) Sniper rifles that aren't the mini have either BF1 glare or they reveal a red dot on the minimap.

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

Varkas posted:

This is good, but it's a 640x400 image on imgbb. Most of the content is okay, but can't really make out the table values in the lower left.

Didn't realise that it did that. The original is 3840x2400 so that I can scale things. Anyone know an image host that won't downscale the image?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

odiv posted:

Nuance is way overrated. It's never once won me a chicken dinner.

Were you using suppressed or compensated nuance?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just LOL if you aren’t using a compensates Uzi/Vector/Dp28/crossbow.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUVuyDVWaEM

A dumb video about a dude with good aim. Also another dude with good aim tries to kill him through a mountain.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

Without:

With:

People have played CS:GO forever with vibrance cranked to 3rd hour on acid, this won't be any different.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bouchehog posted:

Didn't realise that it did that. The original is 3840x2400 so that I can scale things. Anyone know an image host that won't downscale the image?

Yeah, you may have heard of this tiny site called Imgur.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The Mash posted:

Paying for them when the game has already made millions upon millions of dollars is. Bluehole could make the cosmetics free and still turn a profit for many years. Increasing their profits by making the cosmetics not-free is against your interests.

God damnit Americans are so massively conditioned to accept actions that go against their own interests

How is it against my interests?

I don't give a gently caress what my character looks like, half the time I'm running around in my underpants anyways. How does Bluehole making more money harm me? It actually helps me in a slight way. I play the game, get BP, trade BP for crates, then sell crates to pay for other games. I've paid off the cost of the game itself, a Steam Link, and a few other games entirely by badly pretending to be a bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Elman posted:

Without:

With:

Please don't doxx my reshade settings.