Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn6nsobguzk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Cool. Never seen that cover before but it is a pretty specific team of animals.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in my life. An actual Buffalo Bills fan? loving weird. The mobile drummer was kind of cool too.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

"No no, that's not at ALL how that works"

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Jan 7, 2018

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Malachi Constant posted:

I'll have you know she was challenged to an HONORABLE DUEL by the COWARD who was hired to murder her FIRST ever LOVER and then proceeded to CHALLENGE and DEFEAT the killer AND the man who hired him and this picture represents the moment she went to the ship's SHOOTING RANGE to refresh her ANCIENT-STYLE .45 PISTOL SKILLS aboard the SHIP SHE COMMANDED.

That's the series that had a convoluted explanation for having basically Napoleonic era ship-of-the-line battles IN SPACE, right?
I'm so glad I read the real thing instead.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Zopotantor posted:

That's the series that had a convoluted explanation for having basically Napoleonic era ship-of-the-line battles IN SPACE, right?

And an antagonist named Rob S. Pierre, yes

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nothing badass about mass rape, son.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

Booooooooooo

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Jedit posted:

capitalist dog

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Puns are no laughing matter

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://i.imgur.com/Fcs2qsh.mp4

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Safety tip: Always have a slower friend.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How to Weaponize Fidget Spinners

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Zopotantor posted:

Honestly, it's one of the more realistic depictions of spaceship fights, assuming that there are inertial engines that accelerate at a tremendous rates. The fleets spend hours accelerating toward each other across a solar system and the actual combat happens over about a tenth of a second. The most destructive force is nukes detonating at relativistic velocities so that they hit the enemy ships as high energy gamma rays. Eventually FTL sensors come into play which is dubious, but I admit that the scene where the Grayson Navy launches their completely unexpectedly massive missile salvo toward the enemy still leaves me verklempt. "For Honor, and no quarter!". Yes I really am the dork I was pretending to be.

CommunityEdition posted:

And an antagonist named Rob S. Pierre, yes

Yeah, that was just... whew! That's dumb. Come on buddy. You want to make this guy a key character, central to the overall plot... whew... you should dial it down a bit.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Malachi Constant posted:

Honestly, it's one of the more realistic depictions of spaceship fights, assuming that there are inertial engines that accelerate at a tremendous rates. The fleets spend hours accelerating toward each other across a solar system and the actual combat happens over about a tenth of a second. The most destructive force is nukes detonating at relativistic velocities so that they hit the enemy ships as high energy gamma rays. Eventually FTL sensors come into play which is dubious, but I admit that the scene where the Grayson Navy launches their completely unexpectedly massive missile salvo toward the enemy still leaves me verklempt. "For Honor, and no quarter!". Yes I really am the dork I was pretending to be.

I liked the part where a six-limbed telepathic cat stopped an assassination attempt.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I liked when the author decided ships launching hundreds of missiles or however many from the ship wasn't enough so he eventually just had them literally towing more missiles behind the ship

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

aww :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

That gator’s dead.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That gator's undead.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Great. Now the night King has a loving crocodile.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

VanSandman posted:

That gator’s dead.

I read something the other day about gators getting frozen into ponds and surviving. They're apparently pretty durable.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VanSandman posted:

That gator’s dead a fibreglass pond ornament.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Still dead.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
That's clearly a new water/ice type Pokémon. We already had Feraligatr, now we have Crocochill.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I read something the other day about gators getting frozen into ponds and surviving. They're apparently pretty durable.

Yeah, for short cold snaps like this they just go into brumation.

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007
To see the mote that I preferred to all the lists of clay

Blue Footed Booby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Z5ok5xfHg

Seems like they normally just stick the tip of their snout out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Udenpah posted:

Seems like they normally just stick the tip of their snout out.

Never believe anyone from North Carolina who says "just the tip", human or alligator

Learned that the hard way :smith:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

On the subject of cool/amusing cyberwomen Angel Giuffria is a pretty good follow on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/aannggeellll/status/947686156761751552

https://twitter.com/aannggeellll/status/936636824981786625

https://twitter.com/aannggeellll/status/793260613099200512

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh man, I'm doing a cyberpunk thing in a few years and I really want to hire her as an actress now.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Just wanna say that I really appreciate the posts in this thread of people with disabilities (I don't know if losing an arm is a disability but I'll just assume it is for this post), it feels a lot better to see folks referred to as bad rear end than them being laughed at.

I have a physical disability, that bit probably helps my post make more sense.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Shifty Nipples posted:

(I don't know if losing an arm is a disability but I'll just assume it is for this post)

I think most people would include losing an arm a disability. They are literally not able to use an entire arm.

Because it's not there.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I think most people would include losing an arm a disability. They are literally not able to use an entire arm.

Because it's not there.

Might be able to use it as a cane topper. Checkmate!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Shifty Nipples posted:

Just wanna say that I really appreciate the posts in this thread of people with disabilities (I don't know if losing an arm is a disability but I'll just assume it is for this post), it feels a lot better to see folks referred to as bad rear end than them being laughed at.

I have a physical disability, that bit probably helps my post make more sense.

IMHO people with disabilities are more badass because they have to adapt and learn to function with less. Don't matter if it's someone born with a disability, a military vet, someone who survived cancer or some other disease - the fact that they're still doing what they can to enjoy life and not let their disability hold them back is awesome.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

What if you're doing less, and enjoying life less? It happens relatively often!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What if you are autistic or have downs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As an autistic, you make do with what you have and learn to be grateful. You learn to not give a gently caress about what other people define as 'good.' Drawbacks and limitations *can* really suck, but I'm confident y'all can relate to that. I doubt you're all good enough to be astronauts.