Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nevets posted:

Obviously you didn't appreciate the intent of the author and install it in a suitable venue that complimented it. You have been branded an unclutured lout byt the interstellar art community and can no longer engage with them.

My unity output in said game is strong enough that it should not be too much of an issue that this happened though hopefully this will fix itself in the end. Also I got my first useful Fallen Empire gift when the machine empire decided to give me a battlecruiser which was quite the nice surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Hunt11 posted:

I tried to buy a cultural center or whatever from the artist enclave and now I can no longer communicate with them.

This happened to me the other day, something messed up the dialog somehow. Save and reload fixed it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

This happened to me the other day, something messed up the dialog somehow. Save and reload fixed it.

Doing Ironman and no luck after reloading a couple times.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
EXTERMINATUS MAXIMUS DEADUS XENOUS

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/951188060888236036?s=17

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tombworld terraforming.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

turn off the TV posted:

Tombworld terraforming.

Advanced physics course, part of the alternative uplift program.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Couldn't risk even a single life against those savages. They're practically cave men!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
gently caress, now I can be robots who go around turning every planet into a tomb world. Nice.

I feel like this update is going to be huge.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I wonder if you can nuke non-territory planets, that would make early game exploration by machines very powerful since they could make anything remotely close to them uncolonizable.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I'd think such a powerful ability would be tech locked to keep just that from happening.

Though there is a small fleet in the screenshot so who knows.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Nevets posted:

I wonder if you can nuke non-territory planets, that would make early game exploration by machines very powerful since they could make anything remotely close to them uncolonizable.

This makes me want an expansion focused on colonizing lovely planets, asteroids and space habitats. It's always kind of bothered me that so much sci-fi has people living on rando earth-like planets instead of cool space stations or gas giant bases or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3c1QZzRK4

just this video in general.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Rynoto posted:

I'd think such a powerful ability would be tech locked to keep just that from happening.

Though there is a small fleet in the screenshot so who knows.

You can't really draw those sort of conclusions from the teaser images; for all we know Wiz has cheated himself some/all techs as part of demonstrating the ability.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

turn off the TV posted:

This makes me want an expansion focused on colonizing lovely planets, asteroids and space habitats. It's always kind of bothered me that so much sci-fi has people living on rando earth-like planets instead of cool space stations or gas giant bases or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3c1QZzRK4

just this video in general.

Yeah I always really wished systems had everything abstracted together resource/production wise, and instead of tiles per planet you'd improve the system by building huge orbital habitats and various mega-projects throughout the system. Each planet/asteroid/thing in the system would just have a capacity for stuff and different locked/unlocked options. So maybe you'd start out with a homeworld with space for 10 pops, and from there have lots of options to improve the system. Research orbital habitats and now you can throw o'neill cylinders all over the place and boost the system's pop capacity. Or maybe you decide to increase urbanization on your homeworld at the expense of farming, increasing its pop cap but reducing its food output.

Let me have a fully urbanized coruscant supported by huge orbital farms throughout the system and a network of farm-planets in my empire. Let me leave my homeworld to be an under-populated paradise garden while the bulk of the population and industry live in vast orbital habitats throughout the system. Just handle pops and such at the system level as we build a mix of planetary and system-wide improvements.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cynic Jester posted:

Advanced physics course, part of the alternative uplift program.

Uplifted into charged particles and radioactive ash?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

May Imperial justice account in all balance. The Emperor Protects.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

PoptartsNinja posted:

Uplifted into charged particles and radioactive ash?

They'll be airborne for quite some time, justifying the uplift terminology.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Beings of pure energy!

Wiz is making a big deal about the diary tomorrow, so I'm assuming they're finally going to announce the actual DLC features.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Tomorrow's dev diary will just be a giant, table breaking image of that laughing cheetah meme.

The list of DLC features would also be acceptable, I guess.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

New feature request: the ability to jump planets back to my home system. 10 size 25 planet home system or bust.

I want to build gaia worlds by stealing parts of other species' planets

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Main feature will be full integration with Space Engineers. You have to build every single ship, station, etc. by hand, in survival mode.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I always really wished systems had everything abstracted together resource/production wise, and instead of tiles per planet you'd improve the system by building huge orbital habitats and various mega-projects throughout the system. Each planet/asteroid/thing in the system would just have a capacity for stuff and different locked/unlocked options. So maybe you'd start out with a homeworld with space for 10 pops, and from there have lots of options to improve the system. Research orbital habitats and now you can throw o'neill cylinders all over the place and boost the system's pop capacity. Or maybe you decide to increase urbanization on your homeworld at the expense of farming, increasing its pop cap but reducing its food output.

Let me have a fully urbanized coruscant supported by huge orbital farms throughout the system and a network of farm-planets in my empire. Let me leave my homeworld to be an under-populated paradise garden while the bulk of the population and industry live in vast orbital habitats throughout the system. Just handle pops and such at the system level as we build a mix of planetary and system-wide improvements.

Yeah this would be cool, I don't even care about space stations and stuff having individual pops. Something like a mining station contributes .10 health to a system wide space pop pool, and maybe an orbital habitat contributes .3, so a large system without a habitable planet would only have two or three pops total at max.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

turn off the TV posted:

Tombworld terraforming.

Man, the Horizon Signal stuff is gonna be way overpowered now.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
How so? It only affects planets in your capitol system and the event itself is what automatically changes every rocky planet into something habitable, you need to take the time to switch them all back though. And it's not like you can bomb a gas giant into a rock.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Psychotic Weasel posted:

How so? It only affects planets in your capitol system and the event itself is what automatically changes every rocky planet into something habitable, you need to take the time to switch them all back though. And it's not like you can bomb a gas giant into a rock.

It gives your species Tomb World Habitability preference.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mile'ionaha posted:

Last I heard the species creation screen will too.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Finally.

Gonna play so many xenocidal rear end in a top hat games now :getin:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Ah, that true. I'd forgotten about that part.

That wpuld give you a leg up initially but through tech you can make tomb worlds like 80% habitable any way.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
I've had two neighbouring bullies declare war against me, and will desperately need some help in dealing with this. But I can't see any options to invite or bribe other empires to join the war on my side. Is it not possible?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Felix_Cat posted:

I've had two neighbouring bullies declare war against me, and will desperately need some help in dealing with this. But I can't see any options to invite or bribe other empires to join the war on my side. Is it not possible?

You can't bring a 3rd party into an already active war, no. If you wanted friends you should have made some allies before you got wardecced!

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

You can't bring a 3rd party into an already active war, no. If you wanted friends you should have made some allies before you got wardecced!

Argh that's nuts. I have all this energy banked up and no one to bribe it on. Guess I'll see how the war goes :/

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bohemian Nights posted:

It's very difficult to accurately recreate the United States's military history in Stellaris.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Sort of. Bloody the aggressor's nose hard enough and other empires will swoop in like vultures to help even the odds against you.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Now I can truly spread freedom around the galaxy :911:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I am extremely excited for the announcement of what is being added in the DLC on top of all the Cherryh updates. Just hope that a release date isn't toooooooo far in the future.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Felix_Cat posted:

Argh that's nuts. I have all this energy banked up and no one to bribe it on. Guess I'll see how the war goes :/

Just build way more ships, your energy allows you to build past your fleet capacity. If you have Leviathans, you can even trade the energy to get the minerals to build the ships!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
As I always play the galactic arsehole Cherryh cannot get here soon enough for me. :black101:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Bohemian Nights posted:

This isnt entirely true. If a neutral empjre is vassalised to a participant they enter the war

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/951374901952352256

So, expansion name/trailer/announcement it is. If we look at past expansions, that would put the actual release around April.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I hope we get a release stream with Wiz showing off some of the new features, that’s always the best part of pre-release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Fanatical Purifying mirror-Blorg?

• Locked thread