Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

It's kind of beautiful how hideous GT designs are when lined up next to Super designs.

Even as someone who doesn't hate SSJ4 like some people do, SSB is just so much more elegant and easy on the eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The only thing I don't really like about SSB is the aura, but that might be from seeing it way too much. I do like the cyan color scheme though, it's a neat evolution on super saiyan.

But I want all the colors of the rainbow as saiyans now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

The only thing I don't really like about SSB is the aura, but that might be from seeing it way too much. I do like the cyan color scheme though, it's a neat evolution on super saiyan.

Oh, see, I really like the aura. Both of the god forms auras have a distinct shine to them (when the animators are being well-fed, anyway) that is really cool to look at - especially when he stacks Kaioken on top of it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I have a sneaking suspicion that if Super goes on for another 100+ episodes we'll be seeing more colors of Super Saiyan.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Super goes on for another 20 episodes we'll be seeing more colors of Super Saiyan.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

jivjov posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Super goes on for another 100+ episodes we'll be seeing more colors of Super Saiyan.
I mean we already have red, blue, and pink. Make room for green, orange, and of course Blanco.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mordaedil posted:

We've gotten yellow (SSJ), red (God), blue (SSB), Green (Kale), pink (Rosé), I guess we just need purple to get rainbow saiyans.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

We've gotten yellow (SSJ), red (God), blue (SSB), Green (Kale), pink (Rosé), I guess we just need purple to get rainbow saiyans.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like the Drummond casting has done a lot to boost Copy Vegeta's popularity.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
next will be Super Saiyan Black where their hair goes back to the normal color just spikes up. You'll never be able to tell if Vegeta is in it or not

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

I feel like the Drummond casting has done a lot to boost Copy Vegeta's popularity.

Probably. It's the only reason people were looking forward to some pretty "meh" filler episodes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

next will be Super Saiyan Black where their hair goes back to the normal color just spikes up. You'll never be able to tell if Vegeta is in it or not

Isn't that just Ultra Instinct?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Filler episode, not canon :colbert: Also that was a purple blob that mimics who it touches, not an actual Saiyan.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Super doesn't have filler episodes. It has breather episodes. All of it is canon.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULi2uGhyQzI

Latin American DBZ fans are the best

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's a DQ Goku.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

That's a DQ Goku.

No no, that's Dragonball. Akira Toriyama does the art for both (little known fact) so it's an understandable mistake.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Caulifla needs a Saiyan color of her own. Give her Blanco instead of Gohan.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Some of this person's videos have over a million views

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think they specifically say that kid buu was weaker than super buu with gohan buu being the strongest incarnation

keep in mind that goku was able to fight fairly on par with kid buu but needed to fuse to stand up to super buu even before he got to gohan

and even with Super Saiyan 3 Goku said he could have maybe beaten Fat Buu

Basically the only way to beat a Buu is just being so much stronger your damage output can outpace his regeneration (Gohan, Vegetto, Gotenks if he hadn't spent all of his time loving around) or use a workaround like the Spirit Bomb

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Kashuno posted:

Some of this person's videos have over a million views

Dragon ball is very serious.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And Mr. Buu, when he fought Kid Buu, was not as powerful because he was just the goodness expelled. Nowadays he might be stronger than Kid Buu, depends on if training sticks for him

Buu power rankings basically go

Good and Evil Buu at the bottom- Evil Buu might edge out

Majin Buu, Super Buu, Kid Buu (Majin Buu is goofier and has good qualities to him, Super Buu is more intelligent, Kid Buu is raw chaos and destruction but otherwise their power is the same)

Buucilo (If he's even a step up from Super Buu beyond being even more intelligent)

Buutenks

Buuhan

Buuhan is without question the most powerful one. Maybe he's as powerful as Buutenks but even if they were equal Buutenks doesn't last long.

Something a lot of people forget is that Majin Buu and Super Buu are just as powerful as one another, Super Buu is just Majin Buu with all of his good traits suppressed.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So many fans love the ss3 design. They always incoroprate elements into their fan made ss5 or whatever drawing.

The objective truth is that SS2 is the best and I'll accept no argument to the contrary. The lightning and the angular hair makes this form the best. :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SSJ2 was best on 'Teen' Gohan, everyone else looked best with SSJ.

And the true best was the SSJ debut episode where Goku's hair was shaded as a dark, burnished gold rather than bright yellow, that looked insanely cool.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

SSJ2 was best on 'Teen' Gohan, everyone else looked best with SSJ.

I still say that 'Teen' Gohan was Gohan's best look. It's a shame we didn't really spend much time with it.

Also, Gohan in orange gi still looks wrong.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The main reason why it looks best on Gohan is because Gohan was the only one to really CHANGE with SSJ2.

Vegeta is drat near the same and Goku's changes are minor

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I didn't even realize what was different looking about 2 until around Super came out (the lightning), and it feels like they used that for normal Super Saiyan sometimes anyway. I can understand why Toriyama forgot it was even a thing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't that just Ultra Instinct?

it's also gohan's super form

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Monaghan posted:

So many fans love the ss3 design. They always incoroprate elements into their fan made ss5 or whatever drawing.

The objective truth is that SS2 is the best and I'll accept no argument to the contrary. The lightning and the angular hair makes this form the best. :colbert:

I was watching the Heroes intro compilation posted earlier on the thread and I was surprised to see that every character that gets SSJ3 has virtually the same face on said transformation. The only real difference across the board is the presence/absence of bangs.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Rhonne posted:

I still say that 'Teen' Gohan was Gohan's best look. It's a shame we didn't really spend much time with it.

Also, Gohan in orange gi still looks wrong.

I don't know I liked that green and black he wore for a bit in the tournament/fighting Dabura

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
The Saiyaman attire is legit, and that without the helmet and cape makes for a pretty legit DBZ/DQ design.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Anything is better than squinting, bangless 'regular' Gohan.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the one bad part of this arc is that Gohan didn't enter the tournament of power as the great saiyaman

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

eonwe posted:

the one bad part of this arc is that Gohan didn't enter the tournament of power as the great saiyaman
He's saving that transformation for when he needs to rise up and defeat Jiren.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

I feel that if Videl had entered it then they would have gone full saiyaman.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

can you imagine if you had gone into this weeks episode blind

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

eonwe posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They literally had another Kamen Rider guy right there, but noooooo

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Great Saiyaman would be amazing if a panicked Gohan had to break it out at the very last second as some huge grandstand to appease the Zenos for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

great saiyaman vs toppo would have been great

also wanna see freeza's reaction to the ginyu force poses