Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i want yuasa to do Baoh Crybaby next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yuasa will do an original project because gently caress adaptations

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPHycJQTYY

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

None of the adaptations before this one have adapted the entire story faithfully.

Huh. Well, my opinion stands.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IMO this is good...and the manga? Well..It's good too.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think my favorite little thing in Crybaby that I would've liked to have seen in the manga was when the devilmen were cutting off their own limbs and giving (throwing) them to Devilman whenever he lost one of his own. I really enjoyed that.

Overall I definitely prefer the manga but I thoroughly enjoyed Crybaby to say the least.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 11, 2018

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

the anime is bloated compared to the manga

that sounds like a pretty bare bones manga then

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ninjewtsu posted:

that sounds like a pretty bare bones manga then

It's five volumes and both exceedingly compact and extremely huge in scope.

Episode 1 = essentially all or most of volume 1.
Episode 2 - ?? = volume 2 is Silen.

Volume 3-5 are everything that happens after that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Jinmen happened after Silene in the manga.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

dogsicle posted:

yuasa will do an original project because gently caress adaptations

Isn't most of Yuasa's stuff adaptions? Ping Pong was based on a manga, and Tatami Galaxy and Night is Short were based off books by the same author.

I think he's a really good director working with other people's material.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he's like 50/50 between adaptations and original works. i'm just hoping for another Kaiba

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

All his best poo poo are adaptations tbqf. Yuasa is super uneven.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, as much as I like Kemonozume and Kaiba they get deeply weird towards the end, especially Kaiba, which barely manages to stay coherent by the final episode.

Like I got the general idea that show was going for by the end but it's not a consistently espoused theme throughout the series and there are a lot of elements in the finale that mostly hang on guesswork.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I gave up on Kaiba after that abysmal second episode.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
i;m gonna kick ur rear end

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Please, no!

It was the second episode with the exploding sex people right?

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Yes.

It was also the second episode of Kaiba.

ha cha cha

(were there exploding sex people in episode 2 of crybaby hell if I remember I'm gonna post!!!!)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mido exploded an old man's head while sexing him and carried on sexing.

This was normal compared to Kaiba

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The only moral exploding sex people are my exploding sex people.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The second episode was fantastic much like the rest of the show. I like all Yuasa's originals better than all his adaptations (well, never finished Ping Pong) and def want more

e: and Mindgame's the best thing he's done

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

The second episode was fantastic much like the rest of the show. I like all Yuasa's originals better than all his adaptations (well, never finished Ping Pong) and def want more

e: and Mindgame's the best thing he's done

mindgame is an adaptation

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

man man man man man man man man man man man man man man

hu-man

Condiv fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 11, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Not available in the US.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Schwarzwald posted:

Not available in the US.

maybe this one is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3t6DbESafc

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

mindgame is an adaptation

poo poo, gently caress

of what?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Also not available.

Every other track from the show (as far as I can tell) is available except the OP. :shrug:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Noooooooope.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

poo poo, gently caress

of what?

the manga, mind game

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is also great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoO84tyVqvQ

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r12BBAVH8yw

Here: man human for US folks

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I kinda liked the song better when I couldn't tell what the sample was saying. Still rules.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Most accurate song title in the OST.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I don't about you guys but the end of episode 9 still has me hosed up.

When I idle or sometimes when I try to relax I have to mentally push the image of the severed heads on pikes away.
I brushed off or was even down with most of the violence within the series- even the freakin apocalypse, but the corpse desecration was so personal and disturbing to me.

Overall I still really like the show just... drat.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The Man Human song is on spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4lYBePQ9GrpuOmNB3QhSmm?si=-uhe4KvyQRuivxA3_seNLQ

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Bust Rodd posted:

I have never posted in ADTRW before but I saw on a gaming website this was good and I really love Evangelion and Attack on Titan so I was hoping for some surreal ultra violence.

This show has a lot of heart and soul and these characters are neat. I am not a weab but I am very impressed by the animation and soundtrack and the hip-hop dudes are so lit.

Also I’m only on episode 3 and Ryo and Akira both come off as very much in love with each other so I don’t think getting a gay read is reaching, it seems very plain-faced.

Apparently this goes really far off he deep end? I’m very excited.

make sure to come back and tell us what you think about the whole show once you're done with it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

TheComicFiend posted:

I don't about you guys but the end of episode 9 still has me hosed up.

When I idle or sometimes when I try to relax I have to mentally push the image of the severed heads on pikes away.
I brushed off or was even down with most of the violence within the series- even the freakin apocalypse, but the corpse desecration was so personal and disturbing to me.

Overall I still really like the show just... drat.

I was stupidly still holding out hope until the end, I'm not used to anime or fiction in general going so dark.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Liver Disaster posted:

I was stupidly still holding out hope until the end, I'm not used to anime or fiction in general going so dark.

Me too. While watching I was hoping for some kind of bullshit, probably unsatisfying "BUT THEN EVERYONE WAS OK SOMEHOW!" But I had to make do with Satan being the big dumb crybaby at the end.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'll say the one thing I was kinda disappointed by was that the meta bits with Devilman being an existing manga/anime in the world's setting doesn't seem to go anywhere. I mean, it'd be pretty loving weird if Spider-Man actually started pulling people out of burning buildings and hanging muggers upside down from lamp posts in the real world, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/protagkun/status/951214333199036419

• Locked thread