Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did Nintendo announce a Direct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Stefan Prodan posted:

On the awful app all the images are broken

I've been getting this since yesterday.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did Nintendo announce a Direct?

Yes.

Edit: details

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I knew what it was and I still clicked.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i saw the new direct at a switch kiosk at the participating Target department

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm the entry in that spreadsheet titled Monster Energy Supercross

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
That reminds me, the new Atelier game got savaged in user reviews in Japan as being just graphically terrible and laughably poorly optimized.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
switch

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
off

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why are the forums all hosed up and not displaying embedded tweets properly?

Seems to be a problem with something other than the forums, twitter embeds on resetera are also broken

speaking of resetera, their thread on this subject is still moving faster than the speed of sound. So fast it's moving past comical and into genuinely impressive. It got a full page of posts in the time it took me to come here and write this post.

(https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-january-nintendo-direct-will-surely-be-announced-in-one-hour-my-uncle-at-nintendo-told-me-so.13513/)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wrong thread

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 11, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nintendo should run its direct unannounced during (as in within) the agdq stream, probably best done during the mario block

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Another thing about Mr Plinkett is the initial phantom menace review was made when YouTube uploads were ten minutes. They were episodic, so the vignettes with mr Plinkett in first person were a hook to watch the next part.

In Episode one he goes off on a tangent about one of his grandkids action figures, then you see him rummaging around in this filthy basement for it, find a toy, say that's the wrong one and toss it, then turn around and there's just a pile of bones there that goes uncommented before he finds the you he was talking about. Now that a loving hook

Is there a Mr. Plinkett game coming out for Switch?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mr. Plinkett is going to be hosting the Direct

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mahoning posted:

Is there a Mr. Plinkett game coming out for Switch?

I wish

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

At this point the direct could come out, I could see it in its entirety, and I will still be mad Nintendo hasn’t announced the direct.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

big, if true

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Direct:

"Yeah, we're still making games. Keep an eye on our twitter for more information as it becomes available! Now here's a 45 minute loop of zombocom"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

gently caress off, you're not going to Rick Roll me this time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is a good one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:eyepop:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Can't wait!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Windows font smoothing gave it away

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

RatHat posted:

Can't wait!

is a dickbutt game coming to switch

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this would have been killer if twitter embeds hadnt just died

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Sucks Darkest Dungeon got hit with the Switch tax for the DLC. Honestly though, I would probably suggest people not play with the Crimson Court DLC at first. Especially don't even buy it until you know if you like the game or not. It adds another layer of difficulty on an already difficult game. I'm not the voice of Darkest Dungeon, but I feel like that DLC got kind of a divisive reception.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I bought Darkest Dungeon for the PS4 and the realisation that I’d probably hosed a 20 hour game up by not properly taking care of enough team members and I had to restart made me very annoyed and basically this game is going to result in a lot of broken Switches.

Don’t drink and Darkest Dungeon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I bought Darkest Dungeon for the PS4 and the realisation that I’d probably hosed a 20 hour game up by not properly taking care of enough team members and I had to restart made me very annoyed and basically this game is going to result in a lot of broken Switches.

Don’t drink and Darkest Dungeon.

Yeah i got it gave it a buncha time and never want to play it again, at least with their cockamamy controller interface

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've heard on the grapevine that they're delaying the direct until the port of Barkley 2 is ready to go.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've heard on the grapevine that they're delaying the direct until the port of Barkley 2 is ready to go.

I heard [rumor ID: 8395fcD]

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's a shame Barkley 2 has taken so long because I kind of feel like internet humor has been evolving at exponentially faster rates and its going to feel dated as hell.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Modus Pwnens posted:

That reminds me, the new Atelier game got savaged in user reviews in Japan as being just graphically terrible and laughably poorly optimized.

I heard the Switch version was fine, the Vita version though was clearly something they'd put zero effort into.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

It's a shame Barkley 2 has taken so long because I kind of feel like internet humor has been evolving at exponentially faster rates and its going to feel dated as hell.

Its not ever coming out so its nbd

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Tender Bender posted:

I just want a port of the first one.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Naboris was cool.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Stefan Prodan posted:

On the awful app all the images are broken

I'm using firefox on the PC. It just started being all busted and lovely today. :(

These loss edits are getting really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Alright I cannot find the dang zelda thread so ill ask here: Can I complete every shrine the moment I walk into it, or will some shrines require upgraded runes before theyre solvable

• Locked thread