Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I'm the old guy frantically asking google what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

And now, for something completely different:

Welcome, friend!

"hey google, what's a ruby rod?"

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

b0ng posted:

Do you get rid of Bort if he wins in Pittsburgh?

I've already resigned myself to Bortles being the Mark Sanchez of this team for the next few years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

b0ng posted:

Do you get rid of Bort if he wins in Pittsburgh?
I think even if he wins in Pittsburg the team has to find a way to replace him. The game against the Bills was unacceptable.

That being said, I would still like to see him succeed. I think a second full year in Hackett's system would do him wonders, as well as getting AR15 back, but I don't know if it is with the risk of bowing out of the Kirk Cousins Sweepstakes or not taking a flyer in Tyrod or *something*. It's really tough.

Like it he plays well and the Jaguar's win the Super Bowl then I guess sure, yeah give him another year. If they win the Super Bowl in spite of him or get embarrassed by the Steelers...

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
is it Saturday yet

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Frank Viola posted:

TLDR: gently caress the Jacksonville fans at the Beaches. Got it.

What about those of us in St. Johns/ PVB?

No silly, that's the joke. I hate the beaches because all the cool stuff lives there.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I feel like having Tom Coughlin in the building helps the Jags because I don’t believe he would be a guy to kid himself about how bad Bortles is. Tough to say though, especially if Marrone is all in on Bortles for 2018

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Suspect Bucket posted:

No silly, that's the joke. I hate the beaches because all the cool stuff lives there.

Heh, yeah but A1A is here too. gently caress the A1A until you are south of Palm Valley Rd.

Tom Coughlin is doing a great job. He also made Bort compete with Henne for his job back. If imagine the same would happen if Jags draft a new QB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans have $60m in cap space going into 2018, plus can create $7.5m more by cutting Cushing which I assume they will

They can also create $5m by cutting Jeff Allen but man the offensive line is already going to be a skeleton crew, and they can create $3.5m by cutting Derek Newton which sounds heartless but :shrug:

Aside from that, there aren't really any cap savings to be had through cuts except Kareem Jackson, but with Joseph a free agent and the secondary already pretty thin that would be a tough one. Also they're probably going to extend Clowney which I imagine will be something like 5-6 years at around $15m AAV. McKinney also needs to be extended

Notable free agents: Joseph, Lechler, Sua Filo, Blue, maybe Pleasant

Needs: OL (dire, three starters leaving), CB (dire, Kareem Jackson is Kareem Jackson and Kevin Johnson looked awful this year), S (dire, literally no one worth a poo poo)

The FA market doesn't look great either, and they don't have a first or second round pick. Woof

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 10, 2018

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I am going completely from my gut or in other words talking out of my rear end without having looked into the stats but I thought Andre Hal was a decent safety.

I think everyone agrees O line is top priority followed by CB.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

b0ng posted:

I feel like having Tom Coughlin in the building helps the Jags because I don’t believe he would be a guy to kid himself about how bad Bortles is. Tough to say though, especially if Marrone is all in on Bortles for 2018
Yeah, and I think Coughlin would also be someone who is aware of the fact that great defenses dont often last because its too expensive to keep every piece that makes a Defense great, so they need a good QB *yesterday* to take advantage of the maaaaybe 3 year window that they have with this defense.

edit: They are going to lose Poz and their well above average Nickel CB Colvin this year. After that they are going to need to extend Ramsey, Ngakoue, and Jack soon. Fowler is also on his rookie deal but he should be allowed to walk in FA - he is human garbage and is benefiting from playing with other great players on defense. I dont even think that they should bother with his 5th year option.

edit2: The team lead the league in rushing because of a few big plays from Fournette and from smoke-and-mirrors. A few hundred of their rushing total comes from fake punts. They need to upgrade Guard both to help protect the QB (I have seen Omameh get beat by inside stunts more times than I can count) and to improve the run game. So they need to spend money on the offense; I think those FA losses on D are going to have be gaps that are plugged by backups currently on the roster or draftees. Though I would love to keep Poz... gently caress, and Colvin :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 10, 2018

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

A few hundred of their rushing total comes from fake punts.

wait really?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stevie Lee posted:

wait really?
I would have to check but they had one sixty yarder, a fifty yarder, and at least one more. Maybe I should have phrased that differently...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's Wednesday and the titans are still in the playoffs

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

It's Wednesday and the titans are still in the playoffs

titan up biiiitchh👆!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope we get a repeat of the Pats/Titans snow game

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
that was Jeff Fisher's masterpiece

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The game or the frozen boogers in his stache?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the 193 rushing yards, 186 total yards

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope we get a titans win

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

All I want for Christmas is an AFC South Championship Game

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

Heck I'd take a Patriots loss over a Titans win.

Secretly hoping that Mariota turns it up with Chiefs insanity plays + accurate passing again while Henry breaks 200 yards rushing and I really need Byard to get a pick6 on touchdown tom.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Heck I'd take a Patriots loss over a Titans win.

Secretly hoping that Mariota turns it up with Chiefs insanity plays + accurate passing again while Henry breaks 200 yards rushing and I really need Byard to get a pick6 on touchdown tom.
And an Adoree kick return TD.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Metapod posted:

“They’ve played under pressure, they’ve won a lot of close games. Got a lot of positives. I can see why they’re playing at this time of year, because they’re good. They’ve earned it, and they played well in critical situations under pressure when they’ve needed to.”

-Bill Belichick
(on what has stood out to him about the Titans on film)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

winter.mute posted:

“They’ve played under pressure, they’ve won a lot of close games. Got a lot of positives. I can see why they’re playing at this time of year, because they’re good. They’ve earned it, and they played well in critical situations under pressure when they’ve needed to.”

-Bill Belichick
(on what has stood out to him about the Titans on film)

"Against, like, the loving Browns and Texans without Watson, rofl."

- Bill Belichick after he stepped off the podium

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Then they asked him about Brett Kern. He's still talking as we speak

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will take a Titans in the Super Bowl over the Pats and Steelers. Obviously would much rather the Jaguars but my next choice of the remaining options is the Titans even if it means 0-3 against them again.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will take a Titans in the Super Bowl over the Pats and Steelers. Obviously would much rather the Jaguars but my next choice of the remaining options is the Titans even if it means 0-3 against them again.

you sicken me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No lie despite my jokes about 3-0 I would prefer either the Pats or Steelers over the Titans

Literally anyone over the Titans

Hell, even the Cowboys

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

you sicken me

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
31 Savage. Make Brady Bortles Again.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

No lie despite my jokes about 3-0 I would prefer either the Pats or Steelers over the Titans

Hell, even the Cowboys

The Titans are a stolen team so I wish them nothing but failure.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Neil Armbong posted:

The Titans are a stolen team so I wish them nothing but failure.

Memphis Texans has a nice ring to it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Hell, even the Cowboys

you don't believe this

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I would root for the Colts over the Cowboys.

gently caress, I would root for the Patriots over the Cowboys.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Probably Magic posted:

I would root for the Colts over the Cowboys.

gently caress, I would root for the Patriots over the Cowboys.

:cheers:

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I would agree. I don't hate the Titans as much as the Pats and Steelers.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Intruder posted:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you are a Texans fan and you don't hate the Titans more than every other team combined then you're too young to remember the Oilers being swindled out of town.

gently caress the Adams family and gently caress Tennessee for letting him get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My hatred for the Titans has waned now that Bud is dead and will never get to see his team win a Superbowl

Bud is also responsible for the Astros losing the exploding scoreboard (he forced the city into renovating the Astrodome and getting rid of the scoreboard to put in extra seats). gently caress him extra hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SodoCNiIE

• Locked thread