Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, that would have been the sensible thing to do. They specifically mention in this episode that he has had his bones shortened in addition to weird scaring around all his internal organs. And federation medical has tests that detect hidden brainwashing.

This was the opposite. The physically change a Klingon to look human through unbelievable surgery and gene therapy. Then implant a fake human personality on top of the Klingon psyche, which the scans aren't calibrated to detect because reasons. Not just any fake human personality, a particular dude who existed, had no surviving crew mates or close family to notice if he was acting weird, and had the right rank and training to be offered a high ranking position on the Discovery.

That weird klingon lady has access to gene therapy, surgery, and brain scanning technology surpassing nearly everyone else in this time period.

Oh my God!

The temporal cold was is back on! Where ensign Daniels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Peachfart posted:

Sisko did nothing wrong.
... Except maybe he should have taken out the remaining Maquis planets. It would have saved all of those people's lives, since they would be in Federation prison and not killed by the Jem'Hadar.

Well, had he blown up the wormhole when it first appeared the war would never have happened and billions of lives would have been saved. He would probably have the resources to handle the Maquis too if that hadn't been a concern.

But I mean, had he simultaneously bombed Bajor and let Dukat walk out an open airlock that would have solved the other half of the problems on the show. Hindsight and all that.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, that would have been the sensible thing to do. They specifically mention in this episode that he has had his bones shortened in addition to weird scaring around all his internal organs. And federation medical has tests that detect hidden brainwashing.

This was the opposite. The physically change a Klingon to look human through unbelievable surgery and gene therapy. Then implant a fake human personality on top of the Klingon psyche, which the scans aren't calibrated to detect because reasons. Not just any fake human personality, a particular dude who existed, had no surviving crew mates or close family to notice if he was acting weird, and had the right rank and training to be offered a high ranking position on the Discovery.

That weird klingon lady has access to gene therapy, surgery, and brain scanning technology surpassing nearly everyone else in this time period.

everyone... except the romulans

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

numberoneposter posted:

Ummm Scott Bakula??? Helloo??

Or that one guy, what's his name? Oh yeah Bill Shatner

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

numberoneposter posted:

Ummm Scott Bakula??? Helloo??

NCIS should never count. Always Sunny, on the other hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5yvuKoFmE

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mods change my name posted:

Or that one guy, what's his name? Oh yeah Bill Shatner

Was not in Con Air.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

guys, Whill Wheaties has also been in tons of stuff outside of Trek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_K8vnx2ZDc&t=99s

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
lmao at his "trying really hard to be T2 Edward Furlong" look in that most 90s of videos

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot Video Toaster was a thing

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Was that Randall from Clerks?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Arcsquad12 posted:

Colm Meaney has the second most appearances in star trek after Michael dorn but he's definitely the most prolific actor outside of star trek, discounting Patrick Stewart.
Have you ever looked at Quark's imdb?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Finally caught STD last night. That poo poo was awesome

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You should call your partners

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just to swing it back to the Maquis again for a second

A large amount of the Maquis members were ex-Starfleet, using a lot of Starfleet weapons that were conveniently "stolen". And for a long time they were only attacking Cardassian planets. To the insanely suspicious cardassians that'd look like a government-backed guerilla warfare campaign. Especially when the Federation response to hunting down the Maquis was "a few runabouts" or "gently caress it we'll send Janeway"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MA-Horus posted:

Just to swing it back to the Maquis again for a second

A large amount of the Maquis members were ex-Starfleet, using a lot of Starfleet weapons that were conveniently "stolen". And for a long time they were only attacking Cardassian planets. To the insanely suspicious cardassians that'd look like a government-backed guerilla warfare campaign. Especially when the Federation response to hunting down the Maquis was "a few runabouts" or "gently caress it we'll send Janeway"

Janeway would've gassed every planet in the DMZ no matter who settled it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BSG chat: I just found out that Donnelly Rhodes, the guy who played Doc Cottle, just passed away recently. That's lovely.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think you mean of Danger Bay fame. Danger Bay is goku-tier television.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Danger Bay sounds like a spin off of the great Canadian television program The Beachcombers

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
BSG Chat: I started a rewatch for the first time in about a decade. I’d held off out of fear that it wouldn’t hold up to my original memories, but it (mostly) has. I’m about halfway through season 2, and the only bad stretch has been the handful of episodes where Tigh is in command and Adama is injured. I wasn’t crazy about those episodes the first time around either.

It’s also interesting watching the show from the beginning knowing that Baltar’s 6 is a literal angel/emissary of god. I never had a huge problem with that reveal, and I know it was borne out of the writer’s strike/having written themselves into a corner, but it sort of works. I think people forget how prevalent the god stuff was throughout the show’s early seasons.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arcsquad12 posted:

Danger Bay sounds like a spin off of the great Canadian television program The Beachcombers

It might as well be. It was a hyper-canadian show about a marine-veterinarian that works at the Vancouver Aquarium, and his family, and the adventures they get into on the water and in the forests rescuing animals and stopping eco-polluters and finding lost boaters and stopping bumbling jewel thieves and other wholesome poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQ2g4T8Jd8

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It might as well be. It was a hyper-canadian show about a marine-veterinarian that works at the Vancouver Aquarium, and his family, and the adventures they get into on the water and in the forests rescuing animals and stopping eco-polluters and finding lost boaters and stopping bumbling jewel thieves and other wholesome poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQ2g4T8Jd8

I'd never expect to encounter a Sea Hunt/Quincy/Magnum P.I./MacGuyver hybrid, but there you go.

shovelbum posted:

Janeway would've gassed every planet in the DMZ no matter who settled it

Not so close to Federation space. Her genocidal tendencies came out when no one could hold her accountable.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 12, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Automatic Slim posted:

I'd never expect to encounter a Sea Hunt/Quincy/Magnum P.I./MacGuyver hybrid, but there you go.

Canada is a magical wonderland.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Canada is a magical wonderland.

We also had a TV show about an excellent doggo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT9mS074hns

THS
Sep 15, 2017

about time for the yearly ds9 rewatch

they'll never make another show like it :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

People always post the end of Pale Moonlight but the iconic moment of DS9 to me is the second to last episode where DS9 crashes into Bajor's moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfyLFT5P98

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yandat posted:

about time for the yearly ds9 rewatch

they'll never make another show like it :(

They really won't, will they? It managed to strike such a good balance between having an ongoing plotline and continuity while still being able to do adventure of the week stories every now and then. Everything these days is all "previously on *insert show name here*" and even with the recap it's still hard as gently caress to keep up with what's been going on.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

People always post the end of Pale Moonlight but the iconic moment of DS9 to me is the second to last episode where DS9 crashes into Bajor's moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfyLFT5P98

:wtc: was that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dang it wrong Star Trek thread.

People were posting about how Dark DS9 is and Pale Moonlight got posted, I was pretending this clip of Power Rangers was part of it to trick a guy who's never seen DS9

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Dang it wrong Star Trek thread.

People were posting about how Dark DS9 is and Pale Moonlight got posted, I was pretending this clip of Power Rangers was part of it to trick a guy who's never seen DS9

Yep, I also read that thread, and you actually got me for a second. "This doesn't look like DS9 season 7..."

:2bong:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wait there's 2 threads?? I just POST in what ever thread says something about star traks is at the top of my control panel!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Up until the last 5 minutes of the episode, where SUDDENLY Kes' lungs are viable options and she gives up one for him.

Man is he hosed once that lung nears the Ocampan lifespan.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Lamebot posted:

I watched voyager S1E14 yesterday and Kes'lifespan came up. What is it, 9 years?

That's some reverse anime level paedophilia "she looks like a grown woman, but she's actually 6 years old!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I watched voyager S1E14 yesterday and Kes'lifespan came up. What is it, 9 years?

That's some reverse anime level paedophilia "she looks like a grown woman, but she's actually 6 years old!"

The whole Kes/Neelix relation is nothing but creepy from top to bottom. General inferrence by various plot beats is 1 year = 10 in terms of maturity for Ocampans.

Kes isn't even a year old at the start of the series.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Neelix is the Sex Chef.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

Wait there's 2 threads?? I just POST in what ever thread says something about star traks is at the top of my control panel!

Post Factor 10

occupy all trek threads at once, become a time lizard

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Lamebot posted:

This is the kind of thing the writers should have remembered and mentioned within the episode, but that would have taken a tiny modicum of effort. Now I’m just imagining Neelix’s lungs dying of old age two weeks after he leaves Voyager.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The whole Kes/Neelix relation is nothing but creepy from top to bottom. General inferrence by various plot beats is 1 year = 10 in terms of maturity for Ocampans.

Kes isn't even a year old at the start of the series.

yeah why the gently caress did they do this christ

as if there weren't enough things working against Voyager

"hmmm yeah let's make the goofy space-hobbit-man fall in love with the 3 year old that looks 25- that won't be weird guys"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monkey Fracas posted:

yeah why the gently caress did they do this christ

as if there weren't enough things working against Voyager

"hmmm yeah let's make the goofy space-hobbit-man fall in love with the 3 year old that looks 25- that won't be weird guys"

Ohhh, it gets considerably worse. Let me tell you about the episode where crazy nebula radiation pushes Kes into her species' single mating cycle far too early (normally occurring when they're like four years old) and starts insisting Neelix gently caress her throughout the entire episode. He tries to be good and say no, but he's clearly in the wrong and guilting someone into having a child together is a healthy thing to do according to the scriptwriters.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

keiko_obrien_rascals.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ohhh, it gets considerably worse. Let me tell you about the episode where crazy nebula radiation pushes Kes into her species' single mating cycle far too early (normally occurring when they're like four years old) and starts insisting Neelix gently caress her throughout the entire episode. He tries to be good and say no, but he's clearly in the wrong and guilting someone into having a child together is a healthy thing to do according to the scriptwriters.

Star trek wouldn't be star trek without incredibly creepy relationships played off as normal.