Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

That and Sark still doesn't know poo poo about running or installing an NFL offense. He's literally calling Shanahans playbook.

Which to be fair to Sark, probably isn't a very fair expectation of him...plus they fed us all a line of BS that nothing would change and there would be no dropoff! Of course there is going to be a drop off, he isn't Kyle Shanahan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Falcons play at a noticeably slower pace under Sarkisian which is probably a part of the drop off.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If Kyle had stayed in ATL this year, we'd deffo would have won the division and maybe had a 1st round play-off bye and would be a favorite to get to the superbowl from the NFC.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Quinn says "Zero percent chance" of Sark leaving. I dunno why he would unless he was Pete Carrolls lover or something. That team is trending downward hard.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Cash Monet posted:

The Falcons play at a noticeably slower pace under Sarkisian which is probably a part of the drop off.

If the Falcons played at a slower pace in the SB.....................

:sigh:

Chilichimp posted:

If Kyle had stayed in ATL this year, we'd deffo would have won the division and maybe had a 1st round play-off bye and would be a favorite to get to the superbowl from the NFC.

Man, if you take away the tipped ball interceptions and uncharacteristic fumbles we would have won the division and had a 1st round bye...those proved to be huge swings in those games. Not to mention the Matt Ryan forward pass fumble vs Buffalo that wasn't a forward pass...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Man, if you take away the tipped ball interceptions and uncharacteristic fumbles we would have won the division and had a 1st round bye...those proved to be huge swings in those games. Not to mention the Matt Ryan forward pass fumble vs Buffalo that wasn't a forward pass...

or the interceptions negated by roughing-the-passer penalties, 2 of which lost us loving games

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

or the interceptions negated by roughing-the-passer penalties, 2 of which lost us loving games

Yup. So I think the final totals were 7 interceptions caused by catch-able balls and 5(4 or 5 but I think 5) interceptions that were negated by penalty. Woosh.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Every team has this stuff happen and every team would be better if they were the only ones it magically didn’t happen to.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Quinn says "Zero percent chance" of Sark leaving. I dunno why he would unless he was Pete Carrolls lover or something. That team is trending downward hard.

He worked for Carroll at USC during the period that they won the championship.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Every team has this stuff happen and every team would be better if they were the only ones it magically didn’t happen to.

Thank you Captain Obvious...on both accounts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah, but I think this year the Falcons take home the unfortunate interception situation trophy in both negated by penalty and freakish circumstances categories

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Thank you Captain Obvious...on both accounts.

I’m glad I could clear things up for you.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m glad I could clear things up for you.

:glomp:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, but I think this year the Falcons take home the unfortunate interception situation trophy in both negated by penalty and freakish circumstances categories

Falcons are 6-4 in 1 score games, which probably implies that they're the lucky ones. Especially because two of those are teams that would have gotten into the wild card over them had they won.

Also 10 games this year were 1 score games, christ.

Saints were 1-4 in 1 score games, and ended the season

But Panthers are 8-1 in 1 score games and are far and away the luckier of the 3.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MJBuddy posted:

Falcons are 6-4 in 1 score games, which probably implies that they're the lucky ones. Especially because two of those are teams that would have gotten into the wild card over them had they won.

Also 10 games this year were 1 score games, christ.

Saints were 1-4 in 1 score games, and ended the season

But Panthers are 8-1 in 1 score games and are far and away the luckier of the 3.

Cam is good in a 2 minute drill and the defense really had a stupid knack for pulling off a late fumble or pick this year. Did have a fair bit of luck in some games though. Minnesota they got some real lucky calls.

Same with Julio dropping a game winner cold.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

You heard it here first, just hand us the trophy now imho

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/951192457181646848

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

You heard it here first, just hand us the trophy now imho

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/951192457181646848

You'd just drop it right as soon as it was handed to you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu582omQcMM

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Fine by me. That'd mean we actually won it!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fine by me. That'd mean we actually won it!

"Do you mind passing this to Brady? You're kinda in the way, Matt."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

"Do you mind passing this to Brady? You're kinda in the way, Matt."

lol, you're so screwed when Brees is done.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

lol, you're so screwed when Brees is done.

No crap. Enjoying it while it lasts. :D

Although you know Payton is looking. Rumor has it that if Mahomes wasn't drafted by KC right in front of us, we would've possibly taken him over Lattimore. Glad we got Lattimore.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

No crap. Enjoying it while it lasts. :D

Although you know Payton is looking. Rumor has it that if Mahomes wasn't drafted by KC right in front of us, we would've possibly taken him over Lattimore. Glad we got Lattimore.

Mahomes would have been the next Saints qb I could tolerate since...Aaron Brooks. I loved me some Aaron Brooks :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/951432560856399872

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, I was such a big Aaron Brooks fan when I was a teen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Man, I was such a big Aaron Brooks fan when I was a teen.

Gave us our first playoff win ever. I'll always thank him for that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Him and Deuce really were giving me conflicting thoughts about the Saints.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Him and Deuce really were giving me conflicting thoughts about the Saints.

Deuce is one of my all time favorite non Bucs players. I think I even have his action figure laying around somewhere.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Never knew I shared something in common with Vince Russo.

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/950601000846413825

Apparently he detests Atlanta. Had no idea.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Never knew I shared something in common with Vince Russo.

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/950601000846413825

Apparently he detests Atlanta. Had no idea.

You were also voted worst gimmick? Now it all makes sense!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/951602155412230145

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

His son was already with the panthers in 2011 and 2012.

The other two are fake positions who cares just get Norv on the roster.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is Norv even still a good OC? Can't remember where he last coached.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

wandler20 posted:

Is Norv even still a good OC? Can't remember where he last coached.

He was the coordinator in Minnesota not too long ago. Not sure how good he was though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

He was the coordinator in Minnesota not too long ago. Not sure how good he was though

Fell out of favor because tedy wanted to operate exclusively from the shot gun.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Looking at their ranks...not good...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ozymandius1024 posted:

All I remember about Norv besides the 90s Cowboys is this gif.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah there's that, and also my racist relatives hated having a black QB.

Aaron Brooks is the only jersey I've ever owned, and I only had it to piss them off.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah there's that, and also my racist relatives hated having a black QB.

Aaron Brooks is the only jersey I've ever owned, and I only had it to piss them off.

Did they have strong feelings towards Jeff Blake?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Only Jerseys I've owned were Brooks, Mills and Vilma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Did they have strong feelings towards Jeff Blake?

Did anyone?

• Locked thread