Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Streetroller posted:

So found out this guy is a popular twitch streamer hiding behind an alias. Wonder what his audience would think of him?
Did he miss the memo where I'm going to seriously gently caress you assholes up?

Never show any remorse to any fuckers wishing death upon anyone. They want to say all that poo poo in PMs, they better be able to present themselves in the same way to the public at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Raskolnikov posted:

Then he's on record for consumer fraud before his other big days in court. I'm sure street roller is seeking that outcome vs caring about cash.
No, it doesn't work like that unfortunately, because it's small claims, in a foreign jurisdiction. Even if there were a universal "record" that all courts consult, such a matter would be both prejudicial and too trivial to let it sway it on a different case on a different matter potentially worth millions. The equivalent of pleading down a moving violation when you're also being charged for murder.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

kw0134 posted:

No, it doesn't work like that unfortunately, because it's small claims, in a foreign jurisdiction. Even if there were a universal "record" that all courts consult, such a matter would be both prejudicial and too trivial to let it sway it on a different case on a different matter potentially worth millions. The equivalent of pleading down a moving violation when you're also being charged for murder.

Makes sense. Still it's a terrible look.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Streetroller posted:

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ

Great video, and great job taking action when not many other people would. Good luck.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

Makes sense. Still it's a terrible look.

The ability to append "Known Fraudster" to Chris' name wherever it appears on the internet, without being subject to libel and defamation, is priceless.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Golli posted:

The ability to append "Known Fraudster" to Chris' name wherever it appears on the internet, without being subject to libel and defamation, is priceless.

He should put that on his business cards.

Chris Roberts - Known Fraudster
Failing where all others succeed since 1998.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Streetroller posted:

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ

BTW Travis Day is the guy who left CIG for Blizzard. Last I heard he was indeed laughing.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh how a two a seat ship becomes a one seat ship and no one knows why. Boggles the mind.

Easily solved.

Buy two.

One for you, one for your ex-lover who left you when you figured the Valentine’s Day ship sale was actually a good idea.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Bootcha posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcp06Sdwe8

Still one of my favorites.

Catte Taxxe in video.

lol

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
bleeurgh. Trying to catch up with the thread but unfortunately I am so many pages back, like, so many. O well. I seem to have spent most of the day in the Pub. Now I'm too drunk to shitpost even, so will post tomorrow with pshops. Also Go go Streetroller go!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

I'm working on a little list of stuff that will never stop being funny. Remember this one?

Funny thing about this was that, if I recall, he wasn’t the only streamer who suddenly decided to stop supporting Star Citizen at this time. Almost like a payment was missed. But then a few days later, they all went back to it and pretended that day didn’t happen, like a payment was suddenly delivered.

It is a miracle that will be forever unknown. :homebrew:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

The Titanic posted:

Easily solved.

Buy two.

One for you, one for your ex-lover who left you when you figured the Valentine’s Day ship sale was actually a good idea.

I'd love to know the following statistics:

- How many men are newly single because their girlfriend "didn't understand" Star Citizen
- How many men are newly divorced because of same
- How many of the above dipped into savings
- How many of the above dipped into their children's college funds
- How many of the above maxed out credit cards
- How many of the above actually lost tangible assets (house, car) because of Star Citizen

Considering how damaged the remaining backers are, there have to be some insane stories out there. It seems to me the only possible backer archetype that doesn't fit into one of those categories are those who could afford to have Chris steal their money, but would be better off if he hadn't, even if they can't quite grasp how thoroughly he hosed them.

Star Citizen is a lot like Amway - even if it's not technically a MLM scheme, it still destroys its members lives and relationships, leaving them with nothing.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 11, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

We'll start the action at $42,000 for this fine jpeg.

Well now that you Hello Kitty’d that disaster, my body tells me I must buy it. Would a fleet of 5 be sufficient to fend off the other ground combatants that may happen upon me?

Or maybe I should hold out because everybody knows the first version of a CIG product is the worst of them, and there will be dozens after it that will be better and punch above their weight.

Decisions! :psyduck:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

I'd love to know the following statistics:

- How many men are newly single because their girlfriend "didn't understand" Star Citizen
- How many men are newly divorced because of same
- How many of the above dipped into savings
- How many of the above dipped into their children's college funds
- How many of the above maxed out credit cards
- How many of the above actually lost tangible assets (house, car) because of Star Citizen

Considering how damaged the remaining backers are, there have to be some insane stories out there. It seems to me the only possible backer archetype that doesn't fit into one of those categories are those who could afford to have Chris steal their money, but would be better off if he hadn't, even if they can't quite grasp how thoroughly he hosed them.

Star Citizen is a lot like Amway - even if it's not technically a MLM scheme, it still destroys its members lives and relationships, leaving them with nothing.

They have JPEGs of spaceships, you can't put a price on that :smug:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I actually know nothing about game development, what I do know in all projects I've been involved with.

Wikipedia posted:

Stages of development[edit]
Pre-alpha[edit]
Pre-alpha refers to all activities performed during the software project before formal testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development, and unit testing. In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete.

Alpha[edit]
The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white-box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black-box or gray-box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black-box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.[1]

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version.[2] In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software, while open source software often has publicly available alpha versions. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

Considering Star Citizen, it neither fits into either stage due to the "polish" CR gives to its pre-pre-pre-alpha. Its extremely difficult for any committee, lead or director to change the course of the game, identify game breaking bugs easily and fix them, or individually test game mechanics without all that fidelity obscuring things up.

Unit testing is key and individually testing game mechanics which involves having them working with each other both mechanically and organically is critical. All bugs must be identified at this stage otherwise your game will remain broken at its most fundamental levels.

Star Citizen continues to amuse me to this day based on how CR attempts to lie to people that this is a "pre alpha" product. Yes, if you showed me the DFM (remember?) and the og hangar module, I would definitely agree. Because these two "game mechanics" one referring to the hangar - where one can modify, lounge and enjoy their beautiful ships model - and two the DFM - where one can see the results of their tweaking in the hangar module and enjoy the flight mechanics thereof - have organic and mechanical interactions between each other. Now that both have been scrapped and are on the cutting room floor, whatever 3.0 is, is not a predecessor of 1.0 and 2.0, its a fresh prototype. (insert names of all the goons and warlords that called it)

From 1.0 to 2.0 we can see the direct progression that these two are indeed the same game and if I would make a good guess, its because Wingman was the producer along with the more senior folk which are no longer with CIG. 3.0 represents something else entirely, a fresher more amateur team and leadership.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

No they actually have convinced themselves that this is the case. It's magical.

I, personally, spend hundreds of dollars to go to a nice restaurant, so I can smell the food and watch other people eat their meals.

I get my money’s worth by leaving starving, but hugely satisfied!

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

EUROGAMER: Star Citizen, I am Disappointed

Oh hey, finally a news story not harping on the latest lawsuit development. Don’t these clickbaiters realize there is a GAME being made here?

Oh wait... Oh no...

Oh :chanpop:

There are so many fair-minded complaints in this write up of 3.0 that to bold them all would make for an ugly sight. It’s the first time in a long time a major outlet has written an actual review of the game as playable, and man, it’s not pretty.

What the gently caress does this guy mean his hope is waning? Hope is dead. It's BEEN dead for...a while now.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Scruffpuff posted:

Although Amway is an evil MLM, at least when you are done destroying your finances and relationships, you have a garage full of Nutrilite, L.O.C. and SA8 you can actually use.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

Easily solved.

Buy two.

I'm sorry dear. One of these days maybe you'll forgive me. Along with how I remodeled the basement into the bridge of a Constellation. It all seemed like a good idea at the time.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Also a Star Citizen's idea of a good time is getting drunk and talking about star citizen.

Wait. By that definition we've got plenty of Star Citizen's ITT. :ohdear:

I’m gonna Star Citizen the poo poo out of this mikes lemonade tonight.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Abuminable posted:

Although Amway is an evil MLM, at least when you are done destroying your finances and relationships, you have a garage full of Nutrilite, L.O.C. and SA8 you can actually use.

An interesting tidbit is that one of Sandi Gardiner's previous "jobs" was with Herbalife. Stick with what you know, I guess.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Abuminable posted:

sounds like you've never soaked in a Connie's hot tub :smug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I never knew how much I needed "very stable genius" to enter the cultural lexicon. It's like how you buy a car and suddenly notice how many of the same model there are on the road.

As a gamer and professional software developer (not in games, sorry I actually want to have money), the game Star Citizen is indeed a piece of poo poo. The number of bugs, performance issues, and every single item in all of Derek’s blogs and twitter posts are impossible to overcome.

Even if they had their own hero version of John Carmack who was a god of network engineering, it is still going to be impossible as promised.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm sorry dear. One of these days maybe you'll forgive me. Along with how I remodeled the basement into the bridge of a Constellation. It all seemed like a good idea at the time.

Also how I spent all our disability checks and kids college savings on a fleet of Javelin's for the org. You know the org needs them more than food. Who's going to protect our planetary base when we're on holidays not playing Star Citizen all day.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm also thinking of selling the farm for that completionist pack. You know how I don't feel complete without it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm gonna Star Citizen the poo poo out of this Zima tomorrow morning.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

The Titanic posted:

As a gamer and professional software developer (not in games, sorry I actually want to have money), the game Star Citizen is indeed a piece of poo poo. The number of bugs, performance issues, and every single item in all of Derek’s blogs and twitter posts are impossible to overcome.

Even if they had their own hero version of John Carmack who was a god of network engineering, it is still going to be impossible as promised.

As a dev myself, the previous pages triggered the poo poo out of me.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

no_recall posted:

I'm also thinking of selling the farm for that completionist pack. You know how I don't feel complete without it.

Sad that less than a week to go I've overestimated the amounts gained for the contest. :negative:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Some people play Star Citizen for multiple hours per day multiple days in a row.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

G0RF posted:

Sq42 is being built

This has been my thought for a while, only because it’s the most likely to actually succeed with the lowest ceiling to reach. Though I always figured this was a priority for the life of the project so who knows.

A space game arena shooter with FPS cutscenes between missions isn’t that difficult. People just don’t do it anymore because it’s loving boring.

WC3-4 & Prophecy/Privateer 2 all skipper the motion capture elements and went right to real video of actors. It was boring then, too. Adding 3D models to it is just going to make it uncanny as heck because CIG isn’t Naughty Dog, and their characters already look weird.

Chris Roberts formula for success is the same juice that killed these kinds of games 25 years ago.

He might have had better luck if he did this all in some fantastical universe where the characters were like Dreamworks characters or anime, where the cringe will be lessened and the uncanny valley of creepy is easier to avoid. Of course that’d take actual creativity, so... yeah. Grunge characters in a WW2 in space universe exactly like Wing Commander is the most you can hope for.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Did I just watch a disabled videogamer with an entirely unkempt head dramatically smoking a Black and Mild

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm gonna Star Citizen the poo poo out of this Zima tomorrow morning.
Zima is a great mixer--dare I say, better in gin than hot sauce.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
So.... because I am obviously the stupidest person in the room here.

StreetRoller suddenly decides to just sue Chris Roberts and cut through everything apparently.

Why didn’t Derek do this like 2 years ago or more?

Am I missing a thing somewhere?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Very rude guy. :(

I’m sorry you have to deal with people like that. Though I guess you could also just block him?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The Titanic posted:

WC3-4 & Prophecy/Privateer 2 all skipper the motion capture elements and went right to real video of actors. It was boring then, too. Adding 3D models to it is just going to make it uncanny as heck because CIG isn’t Naughty Dog, and their characters already look weird.

I'm sure I've said it before but lord I wish CR had just gotten super drunk one night and shouted "Fuckit we're gonna go all live action, get me the plywood sets and drop a million dollars on building spaceship props!" I'd be on the walls in giddy anticipation. Go full loving cornball Chris. Who are you trying to impress.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hobold posted:

Oh wait. The homoeroticism is what they accuse us of doing.

That reminds me. I need a rub. Its been like a week. Who's free to help me out?

I’d be glad to! But you’d not get your much needed homoerotic flavoring. Sorry, sport. :cheers:

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Some people play Star Citizen for multiple hours per day multiple days in a row.

In late august 1996 I went to a theater and watched The Crow 2 : City of Angels. This was a terrible movie. The fact that the theater was exceedingly hot due to a failed AC unit weighed on my mind and I began to corrupt my original movie review. I quickly built a case that assumed 1) the theater temperature negatively impacted my experience, and 2) the movie could not have been that bad. The following night I paid $4.25 again to see the same movie, AC fully functional, only to realize I was wrong in both my assumptions. The movie was terrible and I didn't need to see it twice to know it.

Thats what I remember most about August 96

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I'am Star Citizen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StreetRoller has been the hero since the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

HycoCam posted:

Zima is a great mixer--dare I say, better in gin than hot sauce.

The secret to truly enjoying Zima is to make sure that the maximum possible number of articles of clothing on your person are made of denim. At maximum denim saturation the god of big hair and grunge will descend from above with a box of wine coolers and Jurassic Park on VHS.