Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

They are also useful in fighting off Brown Recluses, god I remember that thread about the poor goon who had to live in a apartment infested with them :stonk:

The coolest bug I probably saw was when I was in Utah with the conservation corp and we trained up in Logan and after dinner we had to clean up, well a Tarantula Hawk Wasp decided to fall in the soapy water bin and I got a bunch of lovely cell phone pics of it as it aired its wings out on a plant.

They are really docile mainly because nothing wants get stung by something that feels like you go struck by lightning

Just look at this guy get stung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU

goddamn cazadores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol of course he would call Feinstein sneaky

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

piss tape israel posted:

how much sodium per serving?

I don’t know but I am thirsty

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

achillesforever6 posted:

They are also useful in fighting off Brown Recluses, god I remember that thread about the poor goon who had to live in a apartment infested with them :stonk:

I had a friend in college who would sleep fully clothed with his pants tucked into his socks because they had a brown recluse infestation.

He survived somehow, so I guess it worked (he was lucky).

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

achillesforever6 posted:

The coolest bug I probably saw was when I was in Utah with the conservation corp and we trained up in Logan and after dinner we had to clean up, well a Tarantula Hawk Wasp decided to fall in the soapy water bin and I got a bunch of lovely cell phone pics of it as it aired its wings out on a plant.

They are really docile mainly because nothing wants get stung by something that feels like you go struck by lightning

Just look at this guy get stung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU

Parasitic wasps rule and are one of the methods used to combat the emerald ash borer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Glumslinger posted:

CA has jungle primaries, and its expected that 2 dems will end up in the general (since the CA republican party is as incompetent as red state democratic parties)

I live in California, no one who wants a career in politics is going to run against Dianne Feinstein with a D next to their name and no one with an R next to their name is going to beat her.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/950845759297028096

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca3eYxZedD4
:stare:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Other team in bowling didn't show up so of course I put up great scores. At least our pin count went through the roof.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I was like triple-taking at this photo because I personally took some very similar photos of a tarantula wasp a long time ago. They're around in CA, I believe I saw a few while hiking on Fremont Peak around ten years ago.

Here's some cropped copies of my photos that I found in a folder marked "critters" for some reason... maybe for the Critterquest thread? I think they're on exactly the same plant!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
(((Sneaky Diane)))

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

(((Sneaky Diane)))

Now he sounds like Ted Danson in the first season of Cheers.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Devilman crybaby is bizarre

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys

We know Beverly Hills is 90210

But what is Dawson’s Creek zip code??

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

For our liiiiives to be ovaaaaa

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
HOLY poo poo YOU'RE THE DAWSON

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

HOLY poo poo YOU'RE THE DAWSON

Dude it’s prom

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait Wrong show

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hey guys

We know Beverly Hills is 90210

But what is Dawson’s Creek zip code??

Same as one tree hill

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is why William Gibson and Neal Stephenson stopped trying to write about the future.

https://twitter.com/SamGrittner/status/951237483337076736

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I once had a second shift job I hated so much that I would wake up and just lay in bed for two hours miserable before my shift. One day I caught the first episode of Dawson's Creek and I subsequently watched the entire series over the course of a few months.

Every morning Katie Holmes and James Van Der Beek for two hours and then off to work doing customer service for UPS.

It was a weird time in my life.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am tired as gently caress and this was the pick-me-up that I needed, thank you

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I was like triple-taking at this photo because I personally took some very similar photos of a tarantula wasp a long time ago. They're around in CA, I believe I saw a few while hiking on Fremont Peak around ten years ago.

Here's some cropped copies of my photos that I found in a folder marked "critters" for some reason... maybe for the Critterquest thread? I think they're on exactly the same plant!

It would be a huge coincidence if you guys took pictures of the exact same plant. The stems look different in the pictures, so I think you are mistaking the plant for another one of the same type.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is amazing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You’re all doing yourselves a disservice if you’ve never watched Don’t Trust the B in apartment 23. It’s pretty good on its own but really shines when James Van der Beek shows up. He’s playing himself as the best friend of one of the main characters and is hilarious.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

This is why William Gibson and Neal Stephenson stopped trying to write about the future.

https://twitter.com/SamGrittner/status/951237483337076736

The plot to the new JCVD straight to DVD revenge thriller is sounding good!

Yes, I know he’s not French

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joey Freshwater posted:

You’re all doing yourselves a disservice if you’ve never watched Don’t Trust the B in apartment 23. It’s pretty good on its own but really shines when James Van der Beek shows up. He’s playing himself as the best friend of one of the main characters and is hilarious.

Thanks, but all I need right now is The Mary Tyler Moore Show

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Everyone should watch the AGDQ runs of Superman 64 and Arabian Nights.

They are hilarious.

The chat thread was good too, and starts here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845638&pagenumber=516

axeil fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 11, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

Everyone should watch the AGDQ runs of Superman 64

I am so loving in

How ironic would it be if it was Proton Jon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wodapalooza in miami starts today

if you're in town and want so see some uh good scenery, head down to bayharbor park.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am so loving in

How ironic would it be if it was Proton Jon

It was a WR because it is the only existing single segment playthrough of it.

Also Proton Jon donates near the end of the run.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

axeil posted:

It was a WR because it is the only existing single segment playthrough of it.

Also Proton Jon donates near the end of the run.

I cannot even fathom the glitches this dude probably uses

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cannot even fathom the glitches this dude probably uses

The chat thread has gifs. Some of them are incredible. Some of them look like bugs but are intended game play.

Like letting a man drown and then punching him to death. Or punching a car to move it

Or this.

Internet Kraken posted:

There's no time to waste.

axeil fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 11, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leperflesh posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CAZADORES!!!!!!!!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

axeil posted:

Or this.
Superman glitched on the way back to the Daily Planet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MrLogan posted:

It would be a huge coincidence if you guys took pictures of the exact same plant. The stems look different in the pictures, so I think you are mistaking the plant for another one of the same type.

I definitely just meant the same species of plant. Not, like, the same individual plant on Fremont Peak! That would indeed be a crazy coincidence.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

I definitely just meant the same species of plant. Not, like, the same individual plant on Fremont Peak! That would indeed be a crazy coincidence.

IT would be super concerning for us as tarantula wasps have discovered how to lure goons into range

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Leperflesh posted:

Seeing that pic reminded me of right after we moved down to Arizona and my buddy and I were at our kid's football game and one landed on his shoulder. Being from Illinois we didn't even know such monstrosities exist and we all freaked the hell out. Thankfully he didn't get stung because I just watched that video and wow...:stare:

Also why would anyone subject themselves to the most painful insect bites? That's insane!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Has anyone been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios? Was it fun?