Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benny the Snake posted:

Our long national nightmare is over :peanut:

Incredibly horney 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
My sincerest hope and wish is that the Seahawks bring in someone even worse than Bevell or Cable at all the offensive coaching positions :devil:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Not a whole lot of room to get worse for cable, guy in charge of our historically bad ol and historically bad running game

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For real though. Nobody could be worse than Cable.

The Bev-man, yeah there's a few people that could be worse. Cam Cameron, Mike Tice, Todd Downing, etc.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

My sincerest hope and wish is that the Seahawks bring in someone even worse than Bevell or Cable at all the offensive coaching positions :devil:

I am not emptyquoting this post.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/951215176094834690

cool, cool

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Let me just say that the Seahawks picked the perfect year to dump their coaching staff and reload from a stupendous pool of available & promising talent.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

Let me just say that the Seahawks picked the perfect year to dump their coaching staff and reload from a stupendous pool of available & promising talent.

Ruh Roh Raggy

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Rams GM Les Snead spoke to the media for 40 minutes today. Some takeaways: The situation with CB Trumaine Johnson is fascinating. Snead said he can "definitely" see a scenario where he's back, and so can I, especially with Kayvon Webster recovering from a torn Achilles and no real depth behind him. They'll have to pay him like a top corner. ... If anything has changed with Aaron Donald's situation, he isn't saying. But Donald can't hold out as long as he did last year because he would delay his free agency by a year. ... Snead credited WR/RB Tavon Austin with the way he handled a limited role. Snead wouldn't say it, but it's hard to see him coming back. ... Still expect S Lamarcus Joyner to get an extension and WR Sammy Watkins to get tagged. ... If you bring back Johnson, Joyner and Watkins, and you extend Donald, then you get to a point where you think the Rams may have to consider cutting ties with OLB Robert Quinn and/or ILB Mark Barron, because the savings is significant.

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

I'd like to keep Barron if possible and if he fits into Wade's scheme.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I feel pretty great. I didn't think they would actually be fired.

Lofa Tatupu promotion incoming?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

Greg Roman for next Seattle OC.

It would funny as hell from a Niners perspective, but I don't want that SOB to work again; not in the NFL, not as a Walmart greeter.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'd like to keep Barron if possible and if he fits into Wade's scheme.

I don’t think Barron is going anywhere, there’s just speculation because the front loaded part of his contract is now done and the Rams can cut him with almost no penalty. He fits well at MLB and I think he could probably excel on the strong side where Barwin played this year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Walter Jones has done individual offensive line coaching for people that hire him. I wonder if he's any good for scheming?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I don’t think Barron is going anywhere, there’s just speculation because the front loaded part of his contract is now done and the Rams can cut him with almost no penalty. He fits well at MLB and I think he could probably excel on the strong side where Barwin played this year.

And there's my answer. I'm not much of a cap/contract guy. Thanks.

Saw this comment stupidity in regards to Aaron Donald's contract:

quote:

Team honestly doesn't need him. Defense will definitley suffer from him not being there, but unlike last year, the offense is MORE than capabale enough to be able to carry them and put up enough points to win shootouts. If they give him top tier defensive player money like von miller's $19,000,000, they'll be in cap hell for the next 5 years and it will complterly restrict their ability to add good free agents and resign other players. Honestly just trade him or let him go, Sean McVay has made this team be able to survive without him. He's no longer the best or most important player on that team, and it would be toooooo much money to resign him. Great player, but not needed by this team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
aaron donald might literally be the best player in the nfl lmao what a dumb dumb

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

aaron donald might literally be the best player in the nfl lmao what a dumb dumb

I didn't pain myself to read any replies after that post. Just dumb.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao vic fangio could come to the cards if we get shurmur. 49ers east

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Fangio believes in really vanilla, traditional roles (done to perfection) from his secondary & LBs, and lots of twists & stunts up front. Be a weird fit with AZ's players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

Fangio believes in really vanilla, traditional roles (done to perfection) from his secondary & LBs, and lots of twists & stunts up front. Be a weird fit with AZ's players.

Yeah I can't imagine how Fangio would come close to using Bucannon properly, for example.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Rams could probably afford to pay Donald if they didn't give Tavon Austin a Scrooge money vault to do literally nothing on the field

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Yeah I can't imagine how Fangio would come close to using Bucannon properly, for example.

i dunno, bucannon was a safety in college and it's not like "fast, hard hitting, can cover guys and also tackle in the box" is a crazy skillset to have. same thing with the rest of the guys except probably mathieu. he plays his weird free safety in the box game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i don't know where the schottenheimer discussion went but having your receivers run 3 yards down the field and then block for russ is a cosmic brain genius level strategy

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

The Rams could probably afford to pay Donald if they didn't give Tavon Austin a Scrooge money vault to do literally nothing on the field

Like I said earlier, I don't know anything about contracts/cap, but I don't think getting rid of Tavon would hurt the Rams cap-wise.

I think Tavon needs to go to a more simplistic offensive scheme to flourish. He's got a lot of talent, but I don't think he has a lot of "above the neck" capabilities. That sounds lovely, but I believe that's the issue.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I loving hate Aaron Donald. That said I'd masturbate furiously if he was on my team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hifi posted:

i dunno, bucannon was a safety in college and it's not like "fast, hard hitting, can cover guys and also tackle in the box" is a crazy skillset to have. same thing with the rest of the guys except probably mathieu. he plays his weird free safety in the box game

I didn't say couldn't use him but moneybacker (which owns) would go away

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

I didn't say couldn't use him but moneybacker (which owns) would go away

Yeah, “can’t fit” isn’t the same as “weird fit.” Would just mean a lot of players learning entirely new responsibilities, and maybe not having their usual range of ability highlighted.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Husband of the Year

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I bet that Tavon Austin will get traded to the Browns for a 6th round pick this offseason. Rams don’t owe him anything if they can trade him.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/reuben-foster-arrested-alabama?amp&__twitter_impression=true

gdi

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Welcome to the NFL drug program, Reuben. And welcome to pick #9, Roquan Smith.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I bet that Tavon Austin will get traded to the Browns for a 6th round pick this offseason. Rams don’t owe him anything if they can trade him.

The Rams need to move on from Tavon, but give the guy a chance anywhere but there. I'd wager he's definitely sent to an AFC team, though.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/952224897203392512?s=17 :byewhore:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

:jackbud:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Imagine being a team dumb enough to hire loving Brian Schottenheimer in 2018 :lol:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Manoueverable posted:

Imagine being a team dumb enough to hire loving Brian Schottenheimer in 2018 :lol:

I just. I *want* to laugh at you all so very much, but it seems cruel at this point.

I'm sorry?

Yes, that's the proper reaction; it feels right. I'm So Sorry Seahawks fans.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:negative:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I remember my glee turning to pity during the worst of SF getting York'd. This what it must be like on the other end.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 13, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When you really think about it what's the point of sports anyway

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
The Seahawks just hired the OC who coached under Fischer and the Colts without Andrew Luck. How the gently caress do you go from bad to worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Uh, Wtf Pete?

• Locked thread