Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Just realized that wasn't entirely accurate.
Fixed now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like BubblesDelFuego has been on quite a few couches for a variety of different games and he usually does a good job contributing.

He's not a milkshake duck, is he? I thought I maybe remembered reading some questionable tweets from/about him but I can't remember for sure and I don't want to talk poo poo without being able to back it up

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Ramos posted:

So what is this secret boss stuff they're talking about?

I honestly can't tell if they're bullshitting or not.

I think they're talking about an entire dungeon and boss they skipped

Musluk
May 23, 2011

'this never happened before!' in yet another marathon, heh

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

timp posted:

I feel like BubblesDelFuego has been on quite a few couches for a variety of different games and he usually does a good job contributing.

He's not a milkshake duck, is he? I thought I maybe remembered reading some questionable tweets from/about him but I can't remember for sure and I don't want to talk poo poo without being able to back it up

i heard rumors about some questionable tweets as well, don't think it was anything too outrageous though

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:

timp posted:

bubbles recently made a tweet abt "snowflakes ruining everything" or something but it was iffy whether he was making fun of the kind of people who would say that or whether he was sincere

either way its probably a bad look to be that ambiguous

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I Greyhound posted:

Fixed now!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
16 hard balls was not enough

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Lol at this dude falling asleep on the couch.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Musluk posted:

'this never happened before!' in yet another marathon, heh

their tech issue screen for this year:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
SoE is one of my top 5 SNES games so all of this is mindblowing

Ramos posted:

So what is this secret boss stuff they're talking about?

I honestly can't tell if they're bullshitting or not.

They skipped Salabog, an obnoxious early boss who takes like 30 minutes to reach and half that to fight (The boss he is fighting has 1000 HP; Salabog has 2000. It is cruel.)

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
This guy is really mad. It's kinda annoying.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
that woman's mei cosplay must be completely on point

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
oh my god what horrible luck

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Crumps Brother posted:

agreed

the audible counting is gonna get pretty annoying further in

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Crumps Brother posted:

yeah this is slightly more unchill than what i'm looking for currently

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
the trading market sequence in this game is my favorite

i still remember taking notes and trying to figure out how to buy everything

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I wish he'd calm down. He's too intense as if his every word is causing him pain.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
v. unchill run

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Same. It's a great segment.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I Greyhound posted:

Fixed now!

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:psyduck: i had no idea about this internal timer thing what the hell

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
do not sing no no no one donate

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR STUPID loving SONG

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
he's threatening us with music

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I had an issue of Nintendo Power that had a comprehensive map of the market and it was STILL a ridiculous sequence. So good.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

the constant BBBBOIIIS are getting to me as well

isn't there a default name for the kid

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aw man, set an alarm for this morning and woke up just in time to catch Ultima 6, only to find it had been moved up in the schedule exactly the amount of time it took to beat it. Tuned in right after the run ended.

Is it worth watching later? I was mainly gonna watch for nostalgia and curious if they take advantage of the lack of a clock speed limiter on the game. When we went from... I think it was a Pentium from a 486, the thing became unplayable casually but I bet speedrunners could do neat stuff.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
is this the one that features several different time periods like Ancient Egypt and Medieval and Future Times etc

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY

Majuju posted:

is this the one that features several different time periods like Ancient Egypt and Medieval and Future Times etc

yes theres prehistoric, medieval, future, egypt/mediterranean

edit: those super arent time periods im bad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Bruceski posted:

Aw man, set an alarm for this morning and woke up just in time to catch Ultima 6, only to find it had been moved up in the schedule exactly the amount of time it took to beat it. Tuned in right after the run ended.

Is it worth watching later? I was mainly gonna watch for nostalgia and curious if they take advantage of the lack of a clock speed limiter on the game. When we went from... I think it was a Pentium from a 486, the thing became unplayable casually but I bet speedrunners could do neat stuff.

the runner had an annoying speech pattern, it's unclear to me if it was a bit or someone genuinely talks like that all the time. but yes, worth watching as long as you can put up with that

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Majuju posted:

yeah, 4 time periods, and your dog changes to a time-appropriate dog in each one

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Majuju posted:

Yup, it's A Good Game but a bit hard casually

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

most comments in the thread were about the runner's extreme upspeak habit, but if that doesn't annoy you it's probably a good run, good commentary and gameplay

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't want to find out what Lobotomy Chicken is.

But I'm glad there's a lot of huge donations coming in.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hemoptysis posted:

yes theres prehistoric, medieval, future, egypt/mediterranean

edit: those super arent time periods im bad

The egypt/mediterranean one really is strange. It's like a mix of ancient greece, rome, egypt, with a little bit of an Odyssey vibe. And somehow a greyhound seems to fit in perfectly

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

emdash posted:

the runner had an annoying speech pattern, it's unclear to me if it was a bit or someone genuinely talks like that all the time. but yes, worth watching as long as you can put up with that

the VOD on her channel I checked didn't have it so...

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

timp posted:

Yup, it's A Good Game but a bit hard casually

yeah okay cool, I'm remembering it super foggily as exactly this - hard enough that I gave up on it until I could figure out how to hex-cheat it

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY

timp posted:

The egypt/mediterranean one really is strange. It's like a mix of ancient greece, rome, egypt, with a little bit of an Odyssey vibe. And somehow a greyhound seems to fit in perfectly

yeah the reason for that is the person who "owns" this chunk of evermore aspired to be an archaeologist :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I Greyhound posted:

A gift for you, speedfriends

• Locked thread