Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Butterfly Soup keeps getting mentioned in GOTY awards.

Anyone play it? Sorry if I missed convo about this earlier if people had

It's super adorable and charming and I really liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I think you get more out of it if you are or were a queer teenage girl but its really cute regardless.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I finished common route. It was good. I had thought of/figured out a bunch of different aspects to the mystery (or at least the parts revealed thus far), but hadn't really put them together. For example I had thought of "Serika is likely involved with the murders" and "Takuru is obviously being pushed towards solving the murders" but hadn't put those together into Serika doing them with the purpose of involving Takuru. Speaking of Serika and the murders, what exactly was her involvement there? She can't do mind control, and I thought most of the murders involved the victims being mind-controlled to murder themselves. Like, I don't really understand what sort of direct involvement she had with any of the murders aside from Nono's (I mean, I guess she is the one who came up with who to murder as part of the plan to sorta-fulfill Takuru's past wish). Also, supposed she started her killing almost immediately after Takuru created her. Aside from Takuru's parents, who was she killing up until the start of the "return of the New Generation Madness"?

I'm honestly kind of curious about where these character routes are going to go. I'm guessing the true route will involve some sort of resolution that doesn't involve almost everyone dying or being otherwise incapacitated, but I imagine the character routes will also have to deal with the Serika/Sakuma stuff in some capacity (since presumably they'll still be continuing their plans, etc). Then again, Steins;Gate had side routes that sort of went off the rails and ignored the main plot, but the character routes are actually required in this, unlike Steins;Gate.

I'm also wondering who the main heroine is supposed to be. From googling how to access each route, I know there are routes for Hinae, Hana, Nono, and Uki (I really hope this one isn't romantic). This seems to imply none of them are the "main heroine," which leaves Kunosato and Serika. I'm really hoping it isn't Serika, so I'm guessing Kunosato?

Character designs aside, I think I might actually like this more than Steins;Gate? Or at least I'm liking most of the content more, since I don't know if it'll have quite the same sort of payoff as Steins;Gate had.

Common route spoilers:

I'm only going to answer questions that aren't addressed clearly in the True Route, just to avoid spoiling.

So Serika's involvement, from my understanding, is that she started off just knowing that she would murder people in non-specific ways, in order to mimic the New Generation Madness and get Takuru interested. It's implied in the True Route that she didn't particularly want to be cruel, but that's where Sakuma comes in. I won't discuss the details of Serika and Sakumas relationship (you don't learn the full truth until the True Route), but they agreed to work together. Serika wanted the murders to happen, and Sakuma's mind-control made it extremely easy to commit them. Sakuma, being a sadist, was the one who came up with the methods of death and targets. He used Serika to clean up Chaos;Child patients, since they were a loose-end of his experiments. Remember how Itou mentioned that the last thing he remembered was being handed a phone and told to kill Yui? I'm not entirely sure how Serika used Sakuma's power to kill the others, since I assume the knocking sounds that each victim heard were actually being made at the scene of each crime and not over a cellphone speaker. In fact, in one of the routes it's stated that Serika had the power to control minds, rather than just reading them. I think that was a mistake though, since we never actually see her use that power. The exact mechanisms used for the murders are, unfortunately, never explained in-depth. Sakuma was definitely not physically present at each crime, though we know that mind-control was used in each crime.

My best guess is that Serika knocked on the doors herself, and that the knocks by themselves were just regular knocks, though the rhythm is oddly specific. After the person opened the door, Serika exposed them to Sakuma's mind-control via her cell-phone. Again, just an educated guess.

As far as the side-routes, they differ in how far off the rails they go (three of them go completely off the rails, while the fourth branches off at a point late in the common route. Won't spoil the True Route, sufficed to say that I think they did an excellent job with it, and it serves as an excellent closing route. It's pretty short, maybe 2-3 hours tops, but it explains a lot and has a very nice tone.

The main heroine is kind of difficult to pin-point, but I do think that there is one, though it's not incredibly obvious who it is.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just finished the Hinae route, and if that was the good ending Jesus Christ this poor fucker never catches a break.

Since I'm not sure exactly what happened (Hinae route spoilers) did Hinae just go crazy, or is what happened the result of whatever Hana's power is and a literal delusion world with delusion-Takuru was created?

edit: By the way, my interpretation of the individual character routes (from having completed Hinae's and gotten into Hana's) is that Serika decides to just let the particular action/drama associated with those cases play out as a possible substitute to what she's doing, since she's basically okay as long as Takuru is "involved with things," since that was basically his wish. Her comment at the end of Hinae's route kind of supports this.

edit2: Yeah, the end of Hana's route basically confirms my interpretation.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 3, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Well, maybe the US is different :v:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, maybe the US is different :v:

You joke, but I'd be equally unsurprised if Aus got hosed for no good reason.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wouldn't be the first time, or the last.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I dunno, it’s available on both ps3 and Vita, but not ps4, for me. :shrug:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
As I'm on the Heavens Feel route of F\SN, I've come to learn a few things.

1. Emiya is a god drat moron.
2. Saber is a sword swinging armor wearing foodie
3. Gilgamesh is always a smug dick
4. Taiga is possibly the most dangerous thing in the entire Type-Moon universe.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhX7jMRycvs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Irritated Goat posted:

As I'm on the Heavens Feel route of F\SN, I've come to learn a few things.

1. Emiya is a god drat moron.
2. Saber is a sword swinging armor wearing foodie
4. Taiga is possibly the most dangerous thing in the entire Type-Moon universe.
I definitely recommend playing Fate/hollow ataraxia after you finish FSN, because it's basically improved my opinions of basically every character from the original. Saber in particular went from one of my least favorites in FSN to one that's been comedic gold in FHA. It's for good reason that apparently following FHA she became a bit of a meme and was better for it.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

So I just finished the Hinae route, and if that was the good ending Jesus Christ this poor fucker never catches a break.

Since I'm not sure exactly what happened (Hinae route spoilers) did Hinae just go crazy, or is what happened the result of whatever Hana's power is and a literal delusion world with delusion-Takuru was created?

edit: By the way, my interpretation of the individual character routes (from having completed Hinae's and gotten into Hana's) is that Serika decides to just let the particular action/drama associated with those cases play out as a possible substitute to what she's doing, since she's basically okay as long as Takuru is "involved with things," since that was basically his wish. Her comment at the end of Hinae's route kind of supports this.

edit2: Yeah, the end of Hana's route basically confirms my interpretation.

Apparently if you get the bad ending for Hinae's route, it plays out almost exactly like the True Ending without the epilogue. I sent back my copy before I realized that I wanted to check that out (Gamefly), so if you're amenable to it I'd be interested in hearing the details on that. After you've finished the actual True Route of course.

I agree with you as far as why the murders suddenly stop in the side routes. Hinae's route was the only one where I wondered that, since all the other routes are so jam-packed with events that would obviously steal Takuru's attention.

Also, as far as Hinae's Good Ending, yeah, :psyduck:. Comes out of nowhere, and makes Hinae seem cursed (there's no route in which you actually get to know her and don't end up murdered by her mom). I forget exactly what causes all of the stuff with her brother/mom, but I seemnto recall it having something to do with her power. Something about realbooting her perception of the truth, in some form, into reality. And/or she just goes nuts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

I dunno, it’s available on both ps3 and Vita, but not ps4, for me. :shrug:

Yeah and I'm pretty sure the "PS3" option is just the Vita installer - it's not actually on PS3.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah and I'm pretty sure the "PS3" option is just the Vita installer - it's not actually on PS3.

I’ll download it to my ps3 and let you know. But it clearly lists ps3 and vita, so I expect it’s crossbuy between them, but not ps4.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

3D GAY WORLD posted:

Also, as far as Hinae's Good Ending, yeah, :psyduck:. Comes out of nowhere, and makes Hinae seem cursed (there's no route in which you actually get to know her and don't end up murdered by her mom). I forget exactly what causes all of the stuff with her brother/mom, but I seemnto recall it having something to do with her power. Something about realbooting her perception of the truth, in some form, into reality. And/or she just goes nuts.

It's really a shame, since I think Arimura is probably the only heroine who has any chemistry with the protagonist. Like, it isn't hard to understand why she would enjoy being around this guy who is terrible at lying and lets his feelings show on his face, and conversely it isn't surprising that Miyashiro would grow to enjoy being around someone that he can drop his poseur facade around (since doing so is pointless due to her power). All the other girls don't seem to mesh particularly well with him, with Kurusu caring about him due to the family thing and Kazuki and him just having a suspension bridge effect thing going on.

Oh, regarding her family stuff, the stuff with her mom was basically just always a thing, even before the "earthquake." Her current husband breaking up with her basically caused her to go nuts and blame her ex-family (and mostly Hinae). Regarding her brother, I'm not clear if it was just Hinae being delusional/paranoid, or if it was somehow the result of Kazuki's powers. I remember Kazuki said something like "I might have been my fault," but I'm not sure how Kazuki would have real-booted her brother, since there's no way for anyone around to have shared the same exact image of him. My guess is that Hinae saw her mom and just thought she was her brother since it was nighttime and she was paranoid.

That aside, Kazuki's route was certainly A Thing, huh? Sure, the world is basically hosed at the end and Miyashiro/Kazuki are definitely going to be killed soon, but at least they totally owned the Committee of 300, whose plans for the world are basically ruined now.

edit: One issue I have with whoever writes this whole series of VNs (all the "Science Adventure" games) is that they're often pretty bad about having antagonists who are randomly perfect at acting for months/years at a time and hiding their "crazy sociopath" side. Steins;Gate 0 also had this issue.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 4, 2018

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
To be honest, looking back, SERN sending the warning jello was really pretty silly and was never addressed again as far as I can remember

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

It's really a shame, since I think Arimura is probably the only heroine who has any chemistry with the protagonist. Like, it isn't hard to understand why she would enjoy being around this guy who is terrible at lying and lets his feelings show on his face, and conversely it isn't surprising that Miyashiro would grow to enjoy being around someone that he can drop his poseur facade around (since doing so is pointless due to her power). All the other girls don't seem to mesh particularly well with him, with Kurusu caring about him due to the family thing and Kazuki and him just having a suspension bridge effect thing going on.

Oh, regarding her family stuff, the stuff with her mom was basically just always a thing, even before the "earthquake." Her current husband breaking up with her basically caused her to go nuts and blame her ex-family (and mostly Hinae). Regarding her brother, I'm not clear if it was just Hinae being delusional/paranoid, or if it was somehow the result of Kazuki's powers. I remember Kazuki said something like "I might have been my fault," but I'm not sure how Kazuki would have real-booted her brother, since there's no way for anyone around to have shared the same exact image of him. My guess is that Hinae saw her mom and just thought she was her brother since it was nighttime and she was paranoid.

That aside, Kazuki's route was certainly A Thing, huh? Sure, the world is basically hosed at the end and Miyashiro/Kazuki are definitely going to be killed soon, but at least they totally owned the Committee of 300, whose plans for the world are basically ruined now.

edit: One issue I have with whoever writes this whole series of VNs (all the "Science Adventure" games) is that they're often pretty bad about having antagonists who are randomly perfect at acting for months/years at a time and hiding their "crazy sociopath" side. Steins;Gate 0 also had this issue.

Yeah, her mom being crazy was definitely "a thing" before all that. I forgot about Kazuki saying she might have caused it. The thing is that Kazuki's power is so potentially unlimited and somewhat vague, so I could easily imagine some circumstance in which she said something that conjured the exact same image in both of their heads, which caused her to hallucinate/actually be attacked by her dead brother.

Kazuki's route was fun, and did it does add a bit to the True Ending (namely the fact that Wakui works for the Committee of 300). It also develops Serika a bit more, or at least shows you how she thinks about her mission. Agreed that Arimura was pretty much the only girl that Takuru had any chemistry with, for the reasons you mentioned. Would've been nice to see the current good ending become the bad ending, and a slightly less awful ending put in as a new good ending.

As far as Wakui, I lazilu guessed that he was the killer (or closely linked), just by virtue of being an easy-going, obviously harmless character who didn't really have a reason to exist in the plot. I was right in that he wasn't a normal teacher. Agreed that the whole sudden "sadistic psychopath" thing is a bit lazy, it would've been nice to see a tiny bit of foreshadowing, or to maybe reduce the extent of his sadism. I guess they needed someone hateable for the final showdown in Kazuki's route.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ok, you were correct; it lists it as being available for PS3, but it downloaded the Vita installer when I went through the webstore and selected 'download to PS3.' So weird.
But, in the meantime, the PS4 version has become part of the PS+ free games available. In North America, at least; YMMV.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Interested in getting it on ps4 since I play it more than my vita, and have the vita version. Do ps+ games stay playable if your ps+ lapses or expires?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

numerrik posted:

Interested in getting it on ps4 since I play it more than my vita, and have the vita version. Do ps+ games stay playable if your ps+ lapses or expires?

If you lose ps+ you lose access to your ps+ games, but if you resubscribe later, you regain access to them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

elf help book posted:

If you lose ps+ you lose access to your ps+ games, but if you resubscribe later, you regain access to them.

If you bought the game with a psplus discount, you keep it even if you drop psplus.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just got to chapter 8 of Chaos;Child and am part way in now. Arimura calling Kurusu out on lying about Senri was surprising, but it also made me think that it wouldn't be impossible for Arimura to throw off the investigation by claiming someone else is lying at some point. I wonder how trustworthy she is, but so far she hasn't done anything to make me suspect her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Actually, question about Arimura (assume spoilers related to the entire first play-through; I don't actually spoil any events past chapter 8, but I sort of indirectly reveal what hasn't been explained yet): Why did she tell Miyashiro that he was going to be killed? Early on I was under the impression that it was because she was involved or something, but since she wasn't and (I think) shouldn't have known about him having powers at that point, I'm not sure why she assumed he'd be killed. It could be because she was apparently close with Kakita and just assumed the people who killed him would come after any witnesses, I guess. Speaking of Kakita, her route never went into more detail on that. How did she meet him? Was she crying just because of the shock of presumably suddenly seeing her friend killed after being released from mind control? Does the true route cover that?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just finished chapter 8. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what happened to Itou, what's going to happen to everyone? Good god.

edit: Yuck I don't normally get squeamish but that whole sequence kinda got to me. Gonna take a breather before I continue

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 4, 2018

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Actually, question about Arimura (assume spoilers related to the entire first play-through; I don't actually spoil any events past chapter 8, but I sort of indirectly reveal what hasn't been explained yet): Why did she tell Miyashiro that he was going to be killed? Early on I was under the impression that it was because she was involved or something, but since she wasn't and (I think) shouldn't have known about him having powers at that point, I'm not sure why she assumed he'd be killed. It could be because she was apparently close with Kakita and just assumed the people who killed him would come after any witnesses, I guess. Speaking of Kakita, her route never went into more detail on that. How did she meet him? Was she crying just because of the shock of presumably suddenly seeing her friend killed after being released from mind control? Does the true route cover that?

As far as her telling Miyashiro that he was going to die, I honestly don't know. My best guess is that it was just a way for the writers to make her seem sketchy and involved in the killings. Or to make it seem like Uki was involved. It's not covered in the True Route, nor is the deal with Kakita. As far as Arimura crying, I'm pretty sure that it had something to do with the effects of mind-control. Takuru and Itou both "cry" blood while experiencing mind-control and there are several times that the game mentions that bleeding from your eyes is one of the symptoms of Sakuma's mind-control, since mind-control causes the brain to swell. Since Arimura's tears are pink (at least, in my memory), I'd guess that she was only indirectly and temporarily exposed to mind-control, and so rather than having crimson blood pouring from her eyes like Itou did, it may have been a small amount of blood mixing with tears (not sure if the tears would've been from her actually crying or just as a bodily function such as when you cut onions).

I mentioned that the game doesn't really cover the individual murders in detail, and details about this kind of stuff are left by the wayside. Regarding Kakita and Arimura, I remember Arimura mentioning that she was his friend, and that she would meet with him and have him use his powers (foresight, I think? Or mind-reading?) to counsel her.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

grand theft grotto posted:

I just finished chapter 8. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what happened to Itou, what's going to happen to everyone? Good god.

edit: Yuck I don't normally get squeamish but that whole sequence kinda got to me. Gonna take a breather before I continue

(Spoilers for Chapter 8)

Haha, yeah that scene with Itou was what I was talking about when I mentioned how effective and disturbing a specific character's artwork was in one scene. That's definitely the peak of the game's horror elements, and Itou's voice-actor's performance when he's basically existing as two completely different people at the same time was one of the highlights of the game for me. The writing and voice-acting is so excellent at showing Itou's reality completely breaking down, while he desperately trys to make sense of who he is, what he wants and how he feels.

Also, the prelude to Yui's death was really well done I thought. Takuru can't find her, starts panicking, cue scary music, and then you find out she's with Itou and everyone relaxes, happy music plays, and then Itou asks "Hey Takuru, could you bring me a sharp knife and some anaesthetic? I feel bad for Yui."

grand theft grotto posted:

I just got to chapter 8 of Chaos;Child and am part way in now. Arimura calling Kurusu out on lying about Senri was surprising, but it also made me think that it wouldn't be impossible for Arimura to throw off the investigation by claiming someone else is lying at some point. I wonder how trustworthy she is, but so far she hasn't done anything to make me suspect her.

(Vague, minor spoilerish detail about Arimura in an upcoming plot-point.)

That moment you mentioned definitely has a pay-off, and Arimura's powers are used in a way that isn't too different from what you're suggesting. I won't say whether or not Arimura uses her power maliciously, or even if she's the one using her power, but her ability to distinguish truth from lies does come up in the next chapter or two.

3D GAY WORLD fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 5, 2018

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

3D GAY WORLD posted:

(Spoilers for Chapter 8)

Also, the prelude to Yui's death was really well done I thought. Takuru can't find her, starts panicking, cue scary music, and then you find out she's with Itou and everyone relaxes, happy music plays, and then Itou asks "Hey Takuru, could you bring me a sharp knife and some anaesthetic? I feel bad for Yui."

I agree that the whole sequence was really well done. I kept expecting it all to be some really disturbing dream sequence or something and then the chapter 9 title popped up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I'm not totally clear on is how (spoilers related to all of the first playthrough) long Itou had been mind-controlled. Like, was he secretly hating Miyashiro and planning this all of the rest of the game prior, or did he just get hijacked for brief periods to send the IMs to himself and stuff.

Also, regarding the bleeding eyes stuff, I get the impression it only does that when the person in question starts to feel there's a conflict between what they're being mind-controlled to believe and reality, since it only really seems to happen once the person starts getting confused or the mind control needs to heavily override reality (like when that guy was cutting his arm off). Obviously Itou's eyes weren't bleeding when, for example, he sent the knocking to his phone to creep out Miyashiro, or when Serika had herself mind-controlled.

By the way, regarding Kakita, his power was mind reading, the exact same as Serika's. Which is, I think explicitly, a big reason he was killed; his power was a big risk. Regarding Kakita/Arimura, who knows how they met; maybe Kakita just noticed randomly that she was also a gigalomanic from reading her mind.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I'm not totally clear on is how (spoilers related to all of the first playthrough)
By the way, regarding Kakita, his power was mind reading, the exact same as Serika's. Which is, I think explicitly, a big reason he was killed; his power was a big risk.

(also spoilers for the whole first playthrough)
Arimura asks Serika at one point during the first playthrough why she killed him and not her, and shes explicitly gives this as the reason.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding Kakita/Arimura, who knows how they met; maybe Kakita just noticed randomly that she was also a gigalomanic from reading her mind.

I'm happy to say that this is somewhat explained in the True Route.

About the extent of Itou's being mind-controlled, I'm leaning more towards it being constant rather than intermittant. Serika could definitely have gotten to him privately whenever she wanted, but I feel like letting the mind-control wear off would have provoked serious conflict and confusion in Itou, unless Sakuma was somehow able to prevent that. It seems like, at least on some level, there would have had to have been some constant influence.

Also, in the early chapters of the game, there are several times when Itou gets surprisingly and suddenly aggressive towards Takuru with little or no provocation. He grabs him on several occasions or otherwise gets in his face, and I remember feeling like something was a bit off about that behavior. It would be a fantastic bit of foreshadowing if that was intended by the writers as Itou's suppressed hatred breaking through his friendly facade briefly.

It's interesting that, if the mind-control was constant, you basically never actually meet the "real" Itou until after he murders Yui.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Out of random curiosity, how far into Heavens Feel am I in F\SN if Sakura just decided that breaking Shiro's legs was a good way to keep him "safe" :stonk:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The middle days of FSN HF are super hazy to me but I want to say you're about halfway.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Since that last post, I've read a bit farther in HF and Yup, there's Sakura revealing herself as a Master with Rider. Every time she's sweet to Shiro, I just hear the Kill Bill Ironside Siren.

I seriously feel like I'm on a roller coaster and I just hit the top of the biggest drop.

I'm actually a bit anxious to finish because after that is House in Fata Morgana. It's been praised so much, I'm expecting a good memorable story.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
House of Fata Morgana is indeed amazing.

You are in for a great time

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Just as a heads up Irritated Goat you are probably going to hit a point in HF soon where basically nothing happens for a looooong stretch. The start of that route is crazy and the endgame is fan-loving-tastic, but the middle is slow. Just don't let that deter you from powering through because it's definitely worth it as a way to cap off FSN.

Also, would you mind receiving suggestions about making certain choices on the final day? There's a certain way the events can play out (or rather the order they can play out) that I think is really cool and meaningful, and as such I always suggest them to other parties if they're open to hearing them. As light on spoilers as possible, obviously.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Nate RFB posted:

Just as a heads up Irritated Goat you are probably going to hit a point in HF soon where basically nothing happens for a looooong stretch. The start of that route is crazy and the endgame is fan-loving-tastic, but the middle is slow. Just don't let that deter you from powering through because it's definitely worth it as a way to cap off FSN.

Also, would you mind receiving suggestions about making certain choices on the final day? There's a certain way the events can play out (or rather the order they can play out) that I think is really cool and meaningful, and as such I always suggest them to other parties if they're open to hearing them. As light on spoilers as possible, obviously.

Sure, I'm game for that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Basically: there will be a moment on the final day (#16) where (tagging for everyone else)you will be given three choices, one of which is some variant of "Use Projection". Save it there and pick that option.

As an aside, have you been collecting the various Tiger Dojos? On top of being quite funny you actually do unlock some stuff if you get all of them.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 10, 2018

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
How in the world are you supposed to figure out the character routes in Chaos Child without a walk-through?

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
I just started the 4th door of Fata Morgana and noticed something weird. I checked the backlog and noticed some word fragments and phrases had been x'd out even though I'd just read them. I check the back log frequently and did not notice this earlier in the game unless something (like the "Beast's" speech) was also X'd out in the main script. Is this some kind of bug, or is it actually relevant to the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That is not a bug, you can keep playing without worry.