Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
i love the music in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Hell yeah this run is gonna keep me company till my work day ends.. it should work out perfectly time wise. And since my commute is like, 10 minutes max I should hopefully not miss too much of the next run wooo

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:
oh good has the evil been defeated

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

hemoptysis posted:

oh good has the evil been defeated

we were spared having to lobotomize ourselves thanks to that drat chicken song

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

me watching this run so far

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Musluk posted:

I'm one of those people who can read stuff when I'm on the bus and subway so I tend to read books when I'm commuting to work :shobon:

This is how I managed to read all of the Game of Thrones books.

But sometimes I just wanna play some old PS1 classics and some Vita titles on my commute.

victrix posted:

The Vita was such a quality product, it's a goddamn shame it got dropped so fast

Dumb thing is it's still a very useful PS4 tool and has a ton of awesome games because the PSP also had a ton of awesome games

If only homebrew worked easily on it so I could use my Tactics Ogre and FFT speed hacks :<

Of all of the dumb videogame purchases I've ever made, the Vita easily ranks as the most surprising (in a good way) and is one of the best. It's powerful, plays a ton of different games, is durable, and has a great form factor. I don't even try to link it to my PS4 (I need to put the PS4 on a dedicated wired line and leave the wireless free for the Vita to have a solid enough bandwidth) and I still think it's useful/great.

I think it failed mostly because Nintendo's always had a stranglehold on the portable market and the rise of smartphone gaming left a lot of people wondering if it actually met/fulfilled any particular demand (it does, but I think you have to buy it first to realize it which is never great). I'd kill for it to have a Souls game, so it sounds like it's time for me to work out my connection kinks at home so I can at least play those games anywhere in my house.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I had the stream on mute for Secret of Ever,ore and mostly ignored it. Why was it so bad?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

jimmydalad posted:

I had the stream on mute for Secret of Ever,ore and mostly ignored it. Why was it so bad?

Having it on mute allowed you to ignore everything terrible about it, which was the runner's incessant annoying yammering.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

jimmydalad posted:

For the reason you had the stream on mute.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

Unmute it and find out :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

jimmydalad posted:

abraxas posted:

The runner was just very obnoxious and loud and ragey and yelling a lot. He got very mad at every thing that even slightly inconvenienced him and he would not stop talking about the $20k donation incentive for his stupid "Lobotomy Chicken" meme song nobody but his channel viewers would know. Unsurprisingly, the incentive did not get met but he still wouldn't shut up about it until the very last second of the run before they cut away.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the final boss of dog's life was horribly brutally murdered

:stare: :staredog: :stare: :staredog: :stare: :staredog: :stare: :staredog:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
sweet, next batch of prizes is up, time to do my donation and hope my message gets read

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:
we also looked it up and its not very funny its literally just him making an inside joke iwth his stream viewers that he mistakenly thought was the funniest joke ever for everyone and it super isnt

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

LuiCypher posted:

Having it on mute allowed you to ignore everything terrible about it, which was the runner's incessant annoying yammering.

Sage Grimm posted:

For the reason you had the stream on mute.

victrix posted:

Unmute it and find out :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I’m assuming the runner was an absolute pain the rear end to listen to throughout the run? Now I’m glad I managed to dodge that bullet.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

the final boss of dog's life was horribly brutally murdered

:stare: :staredog: :stare: :staredog: :stare: :staredog: :stare: :staredog:

Just like one of the Beethovens

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
At least our inside jokes don't get inflicted on anyone else. Except when I reference our good friend and pal Johnny 5 Aces in my donation notes

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
this slithering animation is the best :3:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

At least our inside jokes don't get inflicted on anyone else. Except when I reference our good friend and pal Johnny 5 Aces in my donation notes

I prefer Johnny as the SA secret handshake over stupid stairs or lljk

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

tyblazitar posted:

This game honestly has the best everything. Best animations, best music, best sound effects. This game just makes me happy when I look at it. It get's mad hard at the end tho...

Musluk
May 23, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

I was just going to mention that, cute as hell

victrix posted:

I prefer Johnny as the SA secret handshake over stupid stairs or lljk

wasn't it in fallout new vegas

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Musluk posted:

wasn't it in fallout new vegas

It was, and I want to say at least one other game

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

HonorableTB posted:

It makes me glad that the rest of the internet will never get their hands on the MMX4 meme

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So I was went to look at r/speedruns for the sole purpose of seeing how bad people were making GBS threads on the last run and instead found out that someone who tried playing Strider for the first time after seeing the tutorial yesterday found a brand new glitch that is actually faster than the current strategy

https://www.speedrun.com/stridernes/thread/nrwnq

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I really should play this game and 2 again.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I was went to look at r/speedruns for the sole purpose of seeing how bad people were making GBS threads on the last run and instead found out that someone who tried playing Strider for the first time after seeing the tutorial yesterday found a brand new glitch that is actually faster than the current strategy

Yeap, new world record was established less than 12 hours after the tutorial.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

abraxas posted:

This game honestly has the best everything. Best animations, best music, best sound effects. This game just makes me happy when I look at it. It get's mad hard at the end tho...

I remember reading about this game as a kid and not getting to play it :saddowns:

I missed some random games from that generation

Upshot: Lead to me playing FF4 in early 2000s, and it was still loving awesome. Replayed it on the amazing PSP remake a few years back and it still holds up. It feels like the most FF music of all FFs to me.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sounds like that speedrunning tech optimization is making great strides. :v:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

victrix posted:

google says brigador, a mech game that looks... dare I say, fun.

also that potato face boss ruled

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
someone make an anime adaptation of this game and i'll watch it 100%

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

victrix posted:

Brigador http://brigador.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Five_Aces

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

someone make an anime adaptation of this game and i'll watch it 100%

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2885/Ganbare_Goemon

???

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Could someone explain JOHNNY 5 Aces to me?

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Nice

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

To avoid buying a pass, they bypass the statue requiring it. :v:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I think Brigador was also goon developed? Or at least goon co-developed. It's also rly good and I encourage everyone to check it out

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hell yeah Piggyback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

i should have known, added to my Plan to Watch list

• Locked thread