System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Meme Emulator posted:

Sorry but on these forums even 3 years difference is an irreconcilable age gap

I'm a minute younger then her, and two minutes older than her sister. Can I date either or both of them or should I wait for someone more age appropriate?

E: poo poo! Didn't adjust for daylight savings, I'm a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
18 and 16?

Pedophile.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Everyone in le reddit thread would probably feel very at home in Korea where youre expected to do every little thing with your peer group of your exact age and a one year difference makes someone your senior or junior deserving of respect and deference or guidance and support respectively

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Also the age cohorts go by every calender year so if youre born on December 31st youre at a distinct disadvantage to someone born on January 1st of the same year because theyre literally a year older than you but you are both put into the same grade at school and expected to compete with one another

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
:shrug: it's not a huge age gap but 21 and 27 are different enough life stages that it seems unlikely the relationship will last, then he'll probably have messed up his relationship with his best friend too.

Me [22 F] with my boyfriend [23 M] 3 years not transferring to long hair very gracefully.

quote:

Hi. This is such a small non-issue but I thought a forum like this might be helpful. I need some advice putting across gently to my boyfriend that the way he's going about growing out his hair could be better. He's always had short hair for the time we've dated and been together and decided around 6/7 months ago to grow it out. I was happy with it! I always find him sexy and gorgeous and I have really liked long hair in the past. However, 7 months into it there's a lot of growth and he refuses to style or get it trimmed so it's in an actual style. It's universally kind of disliked and he keeps saying he'll wait until a year in to get it cut at all. I've tried jokingly explaining that I've grown out my hair from bob-length a few times and a big part of that was going to the hairdresser every couple of months to ensure I had a style, without them getting too scissor happy. But, I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him think I'm trying to control him. He also reads a lot of internet forums which say that you can't touch it with scissors until a certain length. I'm not sure about that. It's kind of a mullet at this point and I'm sure just evening it out and adding some face framing bits would be nicer?

TDLR: Boyfriend won't do anything different with his hair in the growing out process. How do I help him?

why do they never post pictures.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

girl pants posted:

:shrug: it's not a huge age gap but 21 and 27 are different enough life stages that it seems unlikely the relationship will last, then he'll probably have messed up his relationship with his best friend too.

Honestly the moment he decided to sleep with his buddy's little sister was the moment that friendship ended. He obviously thought she was worth it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

girl pants posted:

I dunno guys, I think the fact that he hooked up with her on her 21st birthday when she was probably hammered and the fact that they hid it from her family is kinda... the whole thing just makes me feel gross. Not like, "this is legally actionable" gross, but just kind of sleazy. But whatever.

Here's something that would be dumb coming from a much younger person:

I [25/F] am worried that the "magic" in my relationship [BF: 28/M] is gone for good....

I feel like when someone has a brother who is insanely overprotective and freaked the gently caress out at the sight of her even kissing a guy, keeping it hidden is more understandable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

girl pants posted:

I dunno, I'm 31 and my girlfriend's 26, and we've been together since I was 28 and she was 23. I mean, the gap between 21 and 23 is at least a little meaningful, maybe, but I'm not sure I'd call their relationship doomed based on the age gap.

Now, her brother/his friend, on the other hand, that's a pretty major complicating factor for both of them. On the one hand, if they have an actual, committed relationship that works out, I imagine the brother would have to be at least a little happy that his sister is with someone he clearly thinks highly of. But man, even if the brother can get over his weird protectiveness, things are going to turn really ugly if they have a nasty breakup.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The only person who’s loving up the friendship is the girl’s brother (who is also loving up his relationship with his sister)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, pretty much.

Obviously you're taking a risk if you date someone related to a close friend. If the relationship goes south and there's a bad breakup, you're putting that friend in a really uncomfortable situation and you shouldn't be surprised if your friendship gets pretty strained for at least a while. But that's not some sort of terrible sin against friendship or anything, and clearly the brother is far too protective of his, y'know, adult sister.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Me [24 F] with my coworker [40s M] made a strange comment at work and I'm not sure how to react

quote:

I work in the oil & gas sector at a very small company, and have for the past 5 months. There are 4 people in the office regularly, with the boss in for a portion of each day, and 1 more who is here alternating weeks. Being the nature of the work we do, there is a lot of off-colour humour, most of which I am okay with.

Yesterday, I was helping a potential employee fill out our paperwork and he was being very chatty with me, asking me all sorts of questions. I was answering politely. At the end, he started saying something & the way he started saying it, my mind went to "oh great, he's going to ask me out". He didn't, just went on to make a comment about something. After he left, I mentioned to the 2 other people in the office that I thought he was going to ask me out.

A moment after I said that, my coworker [40's M], came up to me and said "do you want to go on a date?', and the way he said it, I thought he meant with the potential employee, and I said "nooooo way" and kind of laughed. He then said "no, with me". I told him that I didn't think my boyfriend would like that, and he followed it up with "he doesn't have to know". I don't really know if he was joking or not? He regularly tells me (and the other 2 women in the office 30's & 40's) that I look nice that day. I texted my boyfriend shortly after and asked if my other coworker in the office (F 30 just mentioned) had heard what he said, and she hadn't as he walked right up to my desk when he asked. He then mentioned I should tell my boss (who hasn't been in the office yet, and may not be for a few weeks).

Do you think he was joking? Is it weird? I am kind of uncomfortable and have been trying to keep my distance from him today. Should I mention it to my boss?

tl;dr: Coworker asked me on a date, and I don't know if I should tell my boss or not. I am kind of uncomfortable, but afraid of rocking the boat.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

Me [24 F] with my coworker [40s M] made a strange comment at work and I'm not sure how to react

a good life lesson you should learn by, frankly, high school is to believe what people tell you.

"he asked me on a date. do you think he wants to take me on a date"?

yes, you idiot.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
"My co-worker asked me out on a date and said my boyfriend didn't have to know, do you think he meant it?"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In the comments she says she's the HR person in the company, lol.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

girl pants posted:

Here's something that would be dumb coming from a much younger person:

I [25/F] am worried that the "magic" in my relationship [BF: 28/M] is gone for good....

my question here would be "do you not want him or do you just not want to be in a relationship at all right now?" because it sounds like maybe work's just consuming her right now

La Brea Carpet posted:

Ignoring the love languages claptrap, she should google burn out and go from there.

When I was super burnt out at my last job just talking to my wife would put me in a bad mood.

yeah this

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Is it wrong for me [26F] and my [29M] boyfriend to ask my cousin [31M] for a place to stay?

quote:

Me and my boyfriend of 4 years have been struggling to get by ever since we finished college. He studied in law and just recently got a position which doesn't make too much. Thankfully, he is able to move up the ladder in the future but for now he brings in just under $40,000 a yr.

I went to school to be a preschool teacher and recently found a position for now, which doesn't make much. We are up to our necks in debt and really struggling to pay rent in our area. At the end of the month we hardly have any money to save.

Last month, after we paid all our rent, bills, monthly loan amount, we had less than $50 left for food. As a last resort, I got a hold of my cousin who I have known since childhood. He owns a large real estate firm and has dozens of apartment buildings in NYC. I called him to ask if I could move in there for free until we have enough to pay rent. This is where the trouble started.

He accused me of trying to steal money from him. Said I would have no incentive to pay him back. Said he's trying to run a business and I should be ashamed of asking him that. We had a long argument over the phone and he hung up on me.

Was I in the wrong here? What can I say to fix this because I don't want him to feel that I am trying to leach off him.

tl;dr: Boyfriend and I are struggling financially, called cousin for a free place to stay and he rejected and thinks I'm trying to leach from him
How can I convince my cousin to let us live rent-free in the most expensive city in America?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Palpek posted:

In the comments she says she's the HR person in the company, lol.

are you implying that any yahoo who knows somebody can get a job in HR?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Anony Mouse posted:

Is it wrong for me [26F] and my [29M] boyfriend to ask my cousin [31M] for a place to stay?

How can I convince my cousin to let us live rent-free in the most expensive city in America?

Why would you even think this is a remotely acceptable thing to ask...

"I don't want him to think that I'm trying to leach off him" says the woman who is 100% trying to leach off her cousin

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
How should I [22F] react to my best friend and roommate [24M] who gets jealous of me having a social life?

quote:

I don't really know how to explain this, so let me start by telling you what happened two days ago.

So my roommate who also happens to be my best friend (we have known each other for more than five years) and myself were having coffee downtown. I chatted and laughed a bit with a stranger that was sitting next to us. As my friend and I stepped outside for a smoke, I made a comment on how I thought the stranger had a nice and charismatic vibe. I didn't mean I was interested in him or anything, but my friend then started to look weird, like something wasn't quite right. I asked if he was all right and he replied that it was hard to be friends with me because everyone would find me attractive and it reminded him of how lonely he felt.

The following evening was really hard for both of us. He silently cried on our way back home, then in the bathroom, then in his room. I didn't know how to react, so I asked him if I could do anything, to which he replied that I better ignore him. I did a bit of cleaning while glancing at his door from time to time.

An hour later, he asked me to come in and have a seat. He talked to me for a really long time. He said a lot of things... Among many other things, he confessed that he had been feeling suicidal for the past several weeks but didn't want to bother anyone with this, that he was desperately craving emotional and physical intimacy - though not from me -, that he was terribly afraid to lose me since I am the only person with whom he feels understood, that he had self-harmed in the bathroom earlier, that it hurt him to see me having fun with other people while he struggles to step out of the house...

We talked about his issues for two hours. I served us a few shots of bourbon. Eventually he started to feel better. We moved to the living room and I read my book for a while.

I noticed, though, that his joy soon went away. He started to fix the ceiling and cry again. He said that he could not stop thinking about the stranger we met at the cafe. It was upsetting him that the guy looked at me that way without even thinking that maybe he was my boyfriend. I felt kind of sick to my stomach at that point; it made me feel bad in a way. I did not say anything this time. He went to bed sooner after. I did a huge panic attack and hid in my room. It was so weird. I felt miserable.

It isn't the first time that he talks to me about his feelings of jealousy or worthlessness. However since we live together, I have found myself passing an enormous amount of my time sitting down with him and listening to him. I don't want to be the friend who makes it all about them, but it is getting hard for me as well. I have to live with him until July (then I move in a studio, he knows about it and is kind of okay with it). How should I react to situations like these without hurting him... or myself?

TL;DR my roommate/best friend of 5+ years got really depressed after I chatted (he thinks it was in a flirty way) with a stranger while he was here. Tells me later that he is suicidal. It isn't the first time that he feels bad after I go out/see friends/have a date. I don't know how to react. I can't move out and don't want to let him down, but it is becoming harder and harder for me. The suicidal part worries me a lot. What should I do?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Anony Mouse posted:

Jesus christ, her comments in that thread, I don't think I've seen somebody blaming the world for her problems as hard in a while, it's pretty hardcore: link

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Palpek posted:

Jesus christ, her comments in that thread, I don't think I've seen somebody blaming the world for her problems as hard in a while, it's pretty hardcore: link

Haha this exchange owns:

quote:

OP: When someone is down on their luck, you help them out. I help out people on welfare with my taxes and Im ok with that.

quote:

Reddit: LMAO that's not benevolence out of the goodness of your heart. You aren't personally helping out anyone. You pay taxes because it's a legal requirement of your society, not because you are this super generous person.

quote:

OP: That doesn't discount my feelings towards where the money is going.

:hellyeah:

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Palpek posted:

I used to know a guy who had a complex about doing jobs that were "beneath him". He had an MSW and he thought that meant that people should feed him and give him housing for free because he was too good to work a lovely job while looking for a better one. I say 'used to know' because he eventually got turfed out by every single person who tried to help him for being a lovely leech and he's probably living under a bridge now.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Palpek posted:

:laffo:

quote:

[–]Usrname52
[score hidden] 1 hour ago
How did you "waste" years of your life?

[–]Hennisy
[S] [score hidden] 1 hour ago
Because our degrees are not making much money. My BF was contemplating going into a job that didn't require a degree. He would be making the same amount of money for much less work.

[–]Usrname52
[score hidden] 1 hour ago
So then what were you doing the last 5 or so years? What degree do you even have for teaching preschool...a regular teaching degree will start you at over $55k in an elementary school. If your jobs haven't been paying, did you look into other career paths?

[–]Hennisy
[S] [score hidden] 56 minutes ago
Different career paths mean more debt. I don't think that will help us.

[–]hosinthishouse
[score hidden] 46 minutes ago
Are you suggesting that you would have to go back to school and amass even more debt to move from teaching pre-schoolers to first graders? You aren't aware that work experience qualifies you for jobs in other career fields? Wow. It's becoming clearer why you have been unsuccessful financially in your life so far and it definitely has nothing to do with luck.

[–]Hennisy
[S] [score hidden] 44 minutes ago
Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

quote:

[–]refrain2016
[score hidden] 50 minutes ago
If he got his law degree in the past ten years everyone knows the market is over saturated with law degrees. If you didn't get into a top law school for Big Law the writing was on the wall about debt struggles. It's been that way since I was in undergrad in 2004.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

quote:

[–]iDoNotKnowWhatIam [score hidden] 2 hours ago
What other contact do you have with your cousin aside from asking for a rent free apartment?

[–]Hennisy[S] [score hidden] 2 hours ago
He invites all of our family to his home on holidays and we call each other on occasions. We knew each other since we were kids.

ahahahaha

quote:

[–]iDoNotKnowWhatIam [score hidden] 34 minutes ago
Get it together. You suck at life currently and that's your fault.

[–]Hennisy[S] [score hidden] 31 minutes ago
It's actually not my fault. You're too dense to understand the real world. Get lost.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's so severe that I think she might actually have a mental illness.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

[–]Hennisy
[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
It not on us, we did everything right. We researched, we talked to counsellors, professors, financial managers. Its not our fault that the job market is skewed against younger people.

[–]gdb0408
[score hidden] an hour ago
Stop blaming the universe for your problems.

You picked a low-income profession! No amount of counsellor visits is going to make it affordable for you to life in NYC.

You choose to stay where you are and hemorrhage money instead of moving. Looking at your attitude I highly doubt that either of you were looking for jobs in low cost areas. Are you looking for a second job? Are you willing to work retail or food service? .... why do i get the impression the answer will be No.

[–]Hennisy
[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
My boyfriend's law practice is a low income profession?

Now you want me to get a second job when I work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week? Wow, great advice.

[–]hosinthishouse
[score hidden] 48 minutes ago
Yes, it is. It's been widely known for years now that Law is an over saturated field, there are more people with law degrees than available jobs. This is why it took so long for your bf to find a job and why the job he currently has is so low wage.

[–]Hennisy
[S] [score hidden] 46 minutes ago
So his schooling was useless and you're blaming him?
We researched! It's not our fault we can't find good paying jo-what do you mean it's been known for years that Law is oversaturated, are you blaming my BF for his schooling being useless?!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Man that poster lol

My friend got a law degree, he knew about the over-saturation, why did he still get it? Nepotism, he knows multiple successful lawyers (is currently working for one of their practices) that also have good contacts with state judges/prosecutors.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Also early childhood education is really not known for their lucrative preschool teacher positions. Hell, teaching kindergarten would probably let her gain another 10-15k/year.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

Also early childhood education is really not known for their lucrative preschool teacher positions. Hell, teaching kindergarten would probably let her gain another 10-15k/year.

Somebody pointed that out to her and she basically told them to gently caress off:

quote:

[–]Usrname52 [score hidden] an hour ago
So then what were you doing the last 5 or so years? What degree do you even have for teaching preschool...a regular teaching degree will start you at over $55k in an elementary school. If your jobs haven't been paying, did you look into other career paths?

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply

[–]Hennisy[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
Different career paths mean more debt. I don't think that will help us.

[–]hosinthishouse [score hidden] an hour ago
Are you suggesting that you would have to go back to school and amass even more debt to move from teaching pre-schoolers to first graders? You aren't aware that work experience qualifies you for jobs in other career fields? Wow. It's becoming clearer why you have been unsuccessful financially in your life so far and it definitely has nothing to do with luck.

[–]Hennisy[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

girl pants posted:

"I don't want him to think that I'm trying to leach off him" says the woman who is 100% trying to leach off her cousin

I don't see why everyone is so upset. She didn't say she wasn't trying to leach off him, she just needs to know how to make him think she's not trying to leach off him.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Less than 40k/y

quote:

My boyfriend's law practice is a low income profession? 

YES!

quote:

So his schooling was useless and you're blaming him?

YES, YES, YES GODDAMNIT

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I want to know what councellors, professors, or financial managers she talked to that didn't tell her and her boyfriend that a brand-new lawyer and a preschool teacher aren't going to make a ton of money. Like right now I'm picturing her putting a puppet on her hand and going "am I going to make bank?" and replying "YES YOU ARE" in a goofy falsetto.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
It's like triple yes, because 40k/yr is less than you get paid as an intern in a lower cost of living area. How the heck does she think that's not low income in NYC.

You can literally make more than that working at a restaurant in NYC without being a chef or anyone with a skill other than "shows up and does what they're told".

If she has experience with preschoolers she could easily get paid 30/hr or more being a nanny or some poo poo and bring in 50% more than her husband.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 11, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Congratulations on your permanent residence in the friend zone guy. You're so far gone she thinks you're jealous of her outgoing nature.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

How should I [22F] react to my best friend and roommate [24M] who gets jealous of me having a social life?

This girl is completely clueless and should get out before this dude kills her

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

girl pants posted:

I want to know what councellors, professors, or financial managers she talked to that didn't tell her and her boyfriend that a brand-new lawyer and a preschool teacher aren't going to make a ton of money. Like right now I'm picturing her putting a puppet on her hand and going "am I going to make bank?" and replying "YES YOU ARE" in a goofy falsetto.

quote:

Sorry I don't have time for stupid advice. Fed up with people giving me bad advice my whole life.

I have a feeling she isn’t being totally honest about what advice she’s received and that she ignored all of it because she didn’t like it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

counselors should just start telling kids nepotism is what really matters

I'll tell my kid to play basketball and join a frat/sorority, grades are just gravy

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

girl pants posted:

bullshit. people with only one home often let someone stay rent free in a spare room. this 1% gently caress has multiple apartment BUILDINGS and can't spare a room for a family member?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This girl is completely clueless and should get out before this dude kills her

This dude sounds like hes more at danger of killing himself, but suicidal men are fun to laugh at and call dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I [30 M] found messages from my gf [26 F] to her friend making fun of my appearance and lost my sh*t.

quote:

*Sorry had to repost with edited language. Thank you for all of the feedback.

Kate and I have been together for three years and we currently live together. I am planning on asking her to marry me at the beginning of summer and have always pictured myself spending the rest of my life with her.

Well, until yesterday.

She gave me her phone to google something while we were waiting in line (mine was dead) and her email account was open in the browser with a string of messages from her and her best friend [F, 30].

I normally would have just opened up another tab but I saw my name.

The part that I read before completely losing my sh*t (I didn't finish the rest) was her friend saying "Anon has such a monstrous forehead! You could land a plane on that thing, how do you stare at it all day?"

And her responding "Hahaha omg I KNOW! Sometimes he asks if it's big, but I always have to lie to him. I can barely keep a straight face :P"

WHAT. THE. F*CK.

Truthfully I did not handle the after math very well. I immediately handed the phone back to her and walked out to the car. I just sat there with the doors locked. She came out knowing something was wrong. She just kept banging on the windows asking me what was wrong and to let her in the car. I didn't unlock the door, I didn't look at her, I said nothing.

Reddit, I put on my sunglasses, pulled out of the parking lot and drove away. I did not look back in the mirror but I could hear her yelling at me.

It feels like such a betrayal of trust to have someone who I love dearly make fun of my appearance, something I can't change about myself, with their best friend (who I despise but that's another post). It feels even worse because I AM insecure about the size of my head as silly as that sounds but it's not like there's plastic surgery or a way to "fix" it, if you will.

I felt absolutely devastated and I don't know how to move on, let alone undo the way I reacted. Does my partner of 3 years not find me attractive? It feels like I got punched in my gut.

She finally got home after taking an lyft and started yelling at me the moment she walked in the door asking what the f*ck was wrong with me, how could I just leave her there, if I was insane, how awful it was for me to do that to her.

I just stared at her from my seat at the kitchen table and said nothing. I couldn't. I wasn't crying, I wasn't angry, I just felt completely devoid of all emotion, empty and sad.

I know it was probably an overreaction to leave her there, to not confront her, or to not wait until we were done and at home, but something inside of me just snapped.

I still have not said a word to her. Not one. She has been tears all night begging me to speak to her, asking what she did, what is wrong, but I can't bring myself to even talk to her.

Reddit, I truly love this girl. Other than this we have not had any major issues. She is my best friend, my soul mate. We emotionally connect well, the sex is fantastic, she is loving and caring...

I don't know how to move on from thinking she doesn't find me attractive, though. It just sits with me like this weight on my chest.

Did I over react? How do I go about moving forward? What do I say?!

Thanks for your help and sorry for the length of this post.

TLDR; Found messages from my gf making fun of my appearance, left her in a parking lot and haven't talked to her since. Wat do?

This seems like a mature and rational fellow.