Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I expect a certain amount of artistic integrity from my media that exists solely to sell advertisements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

born on a buy you posted:

I expect a certain amount of artistic integrity from my media that exists solely to sell advertisements

Well I don't, but I won't be reading it either.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Runed Halo is a 50 dollar card:

Sell Sell Sell Sell!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

little munchkin posted:

it's a solid value card but not really a bomb. 4 copies of Recover and a bunch of mediocre creatures are going to lose to an opponent casting one powerful thing you can't deal with

It isn't like you're cutting Impales or Chupacabras for Recovers. Recover is just going to be better than whatever lovely equipment or discard spell you'd play over it. Play your bombs, play your removal, play your efficient creatures, and then play your card advantage cards.

Sickening posted:

Sell Sell Sell Sell!

lol what the christ mtgfinance

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Is the 4th recover going to be better than an actual creature? This isn't m15 where you can just fill your deck with air, you need stuff that affects the board.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

So do you guys think lotus vale will go down in price after the new set hype dies down or should I just bite the bullet on one now because reserve list/price memory?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

Sell Sell Sell Sell!

As someone who has an unused Halo that he wants to get rid of, that seems high. Not sure that I've seen many decks running more than one or two out of the board.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ybrik posted:

So do you guys think lotus vale will go down in price after the new set hype dies down or should I just bite the bullet on one now because reserve list/price memory?

Do you need one for EDH or something? Reserve list cards drop in price slower than other cards, no risk of reprints.

Getting it for anything else doesn't make sense considering there isn't a deck really made yet.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

C-Euro posted:

As someone who has an unused Halo that he wants to get rid of, that seems high. Not sure that I've seen many decks running more than one or two out of the board.

Its shadowmoor, which has this habit of making cards loving expensive due to scarcity. Its also the only set it was printed in. I just sold my playset for 200$ on facebook.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah I just wanted one for gitrog.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ybrik posted:

Gitrog Monster only gets one card off of it so it's not that good with him, sadly.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Sickening posted:

Sell Sell Sell Sell!

Besides it's set and lack of reprints, what could possibly be the reason for this buyout?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

InterrupterJones posted:

Besides it's set and lack of reprints, what could possibly be the reason for this buyout?

Its shown up in some jeskai lists in modern, which is on a big upswing. 2 in the sideboard for the guy who won the open. Half the price is speculation due to the small size of the set because it was 20 before they were bought out.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Gitrog Monster only gets one card off of it so it's not that good with him, sadly.

Guess I'll wait for it to get closer to what it was then. Thanks for the input guys.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Hellsau posted:

lol what the christ mtgfinance

Resplendent Mentor, a 5 mana 2/2, spiked because of the "combo" with Famished Paladin

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cube

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I run one runed halo in the side of modern abzan.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

:allears: This is a delight.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Ybrik posted:

God I was confused for a hot second about why or how you'd run Runed Halo in Gitrog.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Well Profane Procession sure looks like an absolute blast to play against. Glad it's a rare and not a mythic!!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This owns.

Did he say anything or just concede?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ShaneB posted:

Well Profane Procession sure looks like an absolute blast to play against. Glad it's a rare and not a mythic!!

It's pretty slow but if your opponent stalls out the board at all you probably just lose.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lawnie posted:

I run one runed halo in the side of modern abzan.

I'm just done trying with abzan for a while. I went to the dark side and am going to try rabble jund with 3 moons in the board. WHY NOT? I need to keep losing!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone watching/doing the modo pre-pre release? So far I've learned profane procession is indeed absolutely unbeatable in sealed.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Is Jund Midrange with Goyfs and Kalitas and Fulminator Mage and Lili of the Veil and stuff still a thing? It used to be the big bad deck to beat in Modern back when I still played that format.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i still see people play jund midrange. it sucks against the UNBEATABLE DECK THAT NEEDS A BANNING, TRON! :v: tho

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Matsuri posted:

Is Jund Midrange with Goyfs and Kalitas and Fulminator Mage and Lili of the Veil and stuff still a thing? It used to be the big bad deck to beat in Modern back when I still played that format.

It's tier 2, at best, right now. Some versions are lowering their curve a tiny bit to put pressure on non-interactive decks. There are a lot of stubborn jund pilots out there, way more than any other deck I think.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

ShaneB posted:

I'm just done trying with abzan for a while. I went to the dark side and am going to try rabble jund with 3 moons in the board. WHY NOT? I need to keep losing!

I’ve been considering doing the same but those games where you draw 3 copies of lingering souls and cast all of them twice are just too good. I also still feel like I’m improving with each event so I’ll stick with it. I have gone 2-2 so, so many times with the deck, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ShaneB posted:

It's tier 2, at best, right now. Some versions are lowering their curve a tiny bit to put pressure on non-interactive decks. There are a lot of stubborn jund pilots out there, way more than any other deck I think.

If you spend 2000 on a deck you’re piloting it straight to hell

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Matsuri posted:

Its a very mediocre deck at the moment. You no longer win the creature battle anymore with basically any deck . Your discard suite is still pretty good but basically other decks run the same suite and do better with it. Liliana is great as ever though.

If the deck is getting too bad for Reid Duke you know something is wrong. The more aggressive shells are probably best at the moment. He recently posted an video article about it.

https://www.channelfireball.com/videos/traverse-shadow-modern-channel-reid/

The deck is better than straight up Jund but has its own set of issues. Still bad against tron and other big mana decks. Its honestly just a bad grixis deck.

ShaneB posted:

Downgrading the sideboard a little to have a more aggressive deck has its merits. Always be rabbling.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 11, 2018

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
if I have two things exiled by profane procession, activate the ability holding priority, and then activate it again would it flip back to the profane procession side after transforming due to the first trigger?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

if I have two things exiled by profane procession, activate the ability holding priority, and then activate it again would it flip back to the profane procession side after transforming due to the first trigger?

Edit: oops misread the question, see below form the release notes

"If you have enough mana, you can activate Profane Procession's ability multiple times before any activation resolves. It will be transformed if one activation exiles the third card. Further activations waiting to resolve won't cause Tomb of the Dusk Rose to transform back into Profane Procession, but they will exile creatures that Tomb of the Dusk Rose can bring back."

Tainen fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 12, 2018

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

No. Under Innistrad's rules it would have, but under the new transform rules that came with Shadow over Innistrad it won't retransform.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Shortest Path posted:

This owns.

Did he say anything or just concede?

No idea, it's not my screenshot.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Dear 42 lands swans guy

What the hell do you take OUT when sideboarding?

Love,

A fan

e: ahahahaha t1 molten vortex against affinity is :discourse:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 12, 2018

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The Akroma dinosaur is so incredibly dumb. Why did it need Indestructible?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Man does regular limited feel lame after days of cube. That it's Ixalan does it no favors.

e:besides everything else, players are much more at the mercy of the top of their decks.

e2:tbf, this is sealed

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 12, 2018

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

The Akroma dinosaur is so incredibly dumb. Why did it need Indestructible?

Because its a 8 mana creature with no ETB effect

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Archenteron posted:

Dear 42 lands swans guy

What the hell do you take OUT when sideboarding?

Love,

A fan

e: ahahahaha t1 molten vortex against affinity is :discourse:

The Serum Visions, Lightning Bolt, Anger of the Gods if you run that. Maybe 2 lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
After playing a couple sealed leagues RIX seems decent so far. The EV is atrocious even by MODO standards though