Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Bleck posted:

I got enough fight dollars for a new fightdude and as a Canadian I felt obligated to get Abigail and my stars he's just so... large~...

He also has the best character story mode by far. low bar to clear but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Man I am so glad I don't keep an outlook like you guys. When I hated poo poo in s2 I just stopped playing sf5 and stopped thinking about it, must be a burden to constantly obsess over something you don't like.

I uninstalled this game ages ago, I just check in whenever there's a new update

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dog house posted:

the real burden is reading your posts buddy

:eyepop:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

I still don't understand their balance approaching to changing a number on every move in such a minuscule way that it barely actually matters

incredible to think this post could have fallen through a wormhole from 2010 and we'd never really be able to tell

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Bleck posted:

I got enough fight dollars for a new fightdude and as a Canadian I felt obligated to get Abigail and my stars he's just so... large~...

Abigail is a blessing upon fighting games as a whole.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think this game would be less egregious if it wasn't so expensive. There are a lot of good fighting games for every taste but for some reason this one is hundreds of dollars and nobody ever smiles when the play it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

AndyElusive posted:

I didn't even know this had anything to do with Street Fighter despite the name and the main character being called Ken because I was a stupid kid and the game play was nothing alike. So I had fun with it anyway.

And the ending just confirmed 9 yr old me and my cousin that this is just the prequel to sf2!!!! :buddy:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

Man I am so glad I don't keep an outlook like you guys. When I hated poo poo in s2 I just stopped playing sf5 and stopped thinking about it, must be a burden to constantly obsess over something you don't like.

I also stopped playing for about a year but its still fun to keep up with the major tournaments and follow the terrible change logs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

I also stopped playing for about a year but its still fun to keep up with the major tournaments and follow the terrible change logs

it's not like it takes a toll on my time and body to see sfv continues to be poo poo and comment on it being poo poo every now and then, yeah

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Reiley posted:

I think this game would be less egregious if it wasn't so expensive. There are a lot of good fighting games for every taste but for some reason this one is hundreds of dollars and nobody ever smiles when the play it.

I'm not disagreeing, but to be fair, the only fighting game I can think of off the top of my head where the large majority of important content is not at least partially locked behind some notable DLC costs is Skullgirls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most games release a 60 dollar or less version every year or so that includes everything on discount. SFV just gets more and more expensive the longer it exists. AE is somewhat this but it doesn't include anywhere near all the costume/Stage dlc or Season 3 characters.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bleck posted:

I'm not disagreeing, but to be fair, the only fighting game I can think of off the top of my head where the large majority of important content is not at least partially locked behind some notable DLC costs is Skullgirls

You seriously have to pay more than one hundred dollars to play this game with no bonus costumes and all the characters. People have sunk so much money into just playing this one game and they're going to have to do it all over again, and they do this begrudgingly for some reason when there is genuinely a glut of good fighting games existing right now that aren't even two or three years old.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Reiley posted:

You seriously have to pay more than one hundred dollars to play this game with no bonus costumes and all the characters.

What are you talking about, AE costs like 40 bucks

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I presume it's buying all the characters direct rather than using Fight Money? Unless AE comes with the previously released characters by default?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 11, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I think he's taking about the full retail pricing as of right now. ($60+$20+$30=$110)

Once AE comes out buying the complete game (excluding cosmetics) will cost $70.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Evil Canadian posted:

Sometimes people want to try and like something because of the idea of it or the nostalgia or whatever, but they can't, because it's bad.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Evil Canadian posted:

Same. Haven't spent a penny on this game and I'm enjoying having my disposable income and watching people get upset at this game and engage in round-table discussions during sessions. I maintain a poo poo eating grin when I hear the complaints of people who have spent +£50 on a game they essentially left on auto play with trainers to farm fight money.

Maybe if AE is good I'll eventually start playing, but right now, I think Capcom is just scamming people.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

I think he's taking about the full retail pricing as of right now. ($60+$20+$30=$110)

Once AE comes out buying the complete game (excluding cosmetics) will cost $70.

Its still expensive even if you already own the game! I preordered sfv and it will still cost me $70 to play every character. I don’t have fight money cause the game was bad and I didn’t play it so now I guess I never will.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ixiggle posted:

Its still expensive even if you already own the game! I preordered sfv and it will still cost me $70 to play every character. I don’t have fight money cause the game was bad and I didn’t play it so now I guess I never will.

you still got til tuesday to do story modes/campaign(and campaign hard)/trials etc. story and campaign you can just skip cutscenes as well. 2 1/2~ hours of playing those and you will have enough for about 4 characters. You can easily get 600k as well if you do easy survival for everyone and some other stuff. Otherwise an AE disc is 40 bucks with all s1+s2 people and a bunch of costumes.

Also Nemo is a silly man.

https://twitter.com/GOOD_NEMO/status/951471765158477824

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

you still got til tuesday to do story modes/campaign(and campaign hard)/trials etc. story and campaign you can just skip cutscenes as well. 2 1/2~ hours of playing those and you will have enough for about 4 characters. You can easily get 600k as well if you do easy survival for everyone and some other stuff. Otherwise an AE disc is 40 bucks with all s1+s2 people and a bunch of costumes.
I have done enough for 2 characters already that I did not enjoy once they were unlocked. I’m gambling two more times in the hopes I get a character I enjoy playing since I can’t play them otherwise. I have maybe 2.5 hours a week to play fighting games, it’s certainly not gonna be spent with the laughably bad single player content. And I have to do as much as I can -now- because they need to gimp their unlock system to sell another round of dlc! No part of this system ever feels good!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like Street Fighter 5 and I am excited for the upcoming content.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ixiggle posted:

I have done enough for 2 characters already that I did not enjoy once they were unlocked. I’m gambling two more times in the hopes I get a character I enjoy playing since I can’t play them otherwise.

Well they're letting you play Sakura for a week to bait you into their lovely micotransaction system see if you like her enough to support the hardworking folks at Capcom Co. ltd.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

man nurse posted:

I like Street Fighter 5 and I am excited for the upcoming content.

Same. For as much as I hated s2 I am honestly looking forward to s3.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Season 3 looks like it might balance out the value of good neutral play versus 50/50 derp more to a 60:40 ratio or better, compared to what it felt like in season 2. Something like 20:80 neutral versus derp.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I unlocked juri and lol @ the terrible modes fir fight money. Im not paying for characters ever. Juri is so bad its amazing. Wish there was a try before you unlock feature

I just read the thread to see how capcom fucks my favorite franchise with greedy dlc and terrible design decisions

I weep for people who play this monstroaity. Just because it has street fighter in the title doesnt mean you have to play it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Reiley posted:

You seriously have to pay more than one hundred dollars to play this game with no bonus costumes and all the characters. People have sunk so much money into just playing this one game and they're going to have to do it all over again, and they do this begrudgingly for some reason when there is genuinely a glut of good fighting games existing right now that aren't even two or three years old.

I thought Arcade Edition was a free update and included the season 1 and 2 DLC characters?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bleck posted:

I thought Arcade Edition was a free update and included the season 1 and 2 DLC characters?

HA HA!

EDIT: It's a free update but characters are only included when you buy full AE version.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Bleck posted:

Fuckin lol

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Madcosby posted:

I unlocked juri and lol @ the terrible modes fir fight money. Im not paying for characters ever. Juri is so bad its amazing. Wish there was a try before you unlock feature

I just read the thread to see how capcom fucks my favorite franchise with greedy dlc and terrible design decisions

I weep for people who play this monstroaity. Just because it has street fighter in the title doesnt mean you have to play it

FWIW I think AE is a reasonable value, outside the merits of the game itself. They should take a cue from LoL and do a weekly or weekend free character.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Madcosby posted:

Maybe you should have done some research first?

sfv is the only fighting game that lets you earn DLC characters, every other FG from now til the end of time is going to force you to buy everyone outside of the initial roster so get used to it.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Bleck posted:

It's a free update to existing SFV installations but only comes with the S1+2 chars if you buy the retail version.

Edit: I was slow.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

HA HA!

EDIT: It's a free update but characters are only included when you buy full AE version.

:negative:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Evil Canadian posted:

sfv is the only fighting game that lets you earn DLC characters,

Yeah, because GG Xrd hasn't existed for the past 3-4 years or so.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Canadian posted:

Maybe you should have done some research first?

sfv is the only fighting game that lets you earn DLC characters, every other FG from now til the end of time is going to force you to buy everyone outside of the initial roster so get used to it.

nah

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ill just let the fighting game scene die rather than participate

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I didnt even know they released the AE version. I probably wont reinstall SF5 ever, not out of spite, but just that it was a bad fighting game

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Yeah, because GG Xrd hasn't existed for the past 3-4 years or so.

I bought Kum Haehyun in a recent sale 'cos I didn't think I could get him by fishing. Was I able to buy him with game cash?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

sfv is the only fighting game that lets you earn DLC characters

lmfao you're insanely dumb

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Biggz posted:

I bought Kum Haehyun in a recent sale 'cos I didn't think I could get him by fishing. Was I able to buy him with game cash?

No, you can only buy Raven in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
season model sucks