Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
dan nainan is so perfectly unfunny it's hard 4 me 2 believe hes not some secret comedy genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Al! posted:

dan nainan is so perfectly unfunny it's hard 4 me 2 believe hes not some secret comedy genius

somebody in the article was joking he'd be pretty funny as a performance art piece

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

digging those evropean tribal tats

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's not a very realistic depiction because they used a Jolly Roger instead of the Punisher skull logo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

trad gamers have some truly bizarre and insanely regressive opinions but you’ll never hear about them because they never talk to outsiders and even among themselves it’s rare to talk about anything other than Stats

Oh you sweet summer child

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In 2018 most people who do trade games a lot are white dudes in their 20s-30s with spare cash

You know who likes to tell you about their stupid ideas like why that dude who did coordinated harassment to the point that a very visible member of the MtG Community quit the game over it shouldn't be banned from playing

Those guys

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My favorite variation of this was that it's bad that WotC said anything bc that's taking a political stand, but not saying anything isn't also a political stand because he'll they could be thinking ANYTHING

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
posting to interrupt m-m-m-monsterpost streak

also dan ninian has a turdface

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
trad gamers are 1/3 olds that hate everything, 1/3 youngs imitating olds, 1/3 sjw otherkin diaperfurs

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

My favorite variation of this was that it's bad that WotC said anything bc that's taking a political stand, but not saying anything isn't also a political stand because he'll they could be thinking ANYTHING

im thinking more guys who play, like, bolt action and flames of war and guild ball
the higher profile the game the more lovely its adherents, like how warhammer’s fascist dystopia is seen as the ideal

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
imagine understanding everything that is talked about in this thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

im thinking more guys who play, like, bolt action and flames of war and guild ball
the higher profile the game the more lovely its adherents, like how warhammer’s fascist dystopia is seen as the ideal

Guild Ball is not as graybeard heavy as you'd think

Bolr Action and Flames of War tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Our local graybeards are cool as hell tbh they play absolutely bizarre games

One day I watched them set up a small suburb with buildings and fences and everything and then played a Martian invasion game where they burned everything down

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I don't understand what the pipe hitters union is. I thought it was a crack smoker

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

holocaust centers were only open to non-citizens

how easily neo-liberals become holocaust deniers.

quote:

The first prisoners at Auschwitz included German prisoners transferred from Sachsenhausen concentration camp in Germany.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GoluboiOgon posted:

how easily neo-liberals become holocaust deniers.

I was making a joke about how wrong Spicer was, of loving course Germans died in the holocaust

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

the bitcoin of weed posted:

in addition to this if you can figure put what youtube dipshit they're mindlessly repeating the slogans of (this thread is great for picking up on that) and then also ridicule that person it makes them really upset

my alt-right friend is super cagey about that

He denies he reads Reddit (only uses it for "research")

Partially it's because he doesn't want me knowing his usernames so I can see what vile bullshit he posts, partially he's a manic (in the literal sense) or a narcissist or something, and hates the idea that these are just ideas he repeats from other sources, and not hard-faceted gems of his godlike insight and genius

Also he's super insecure about what other people think of him and obsesses about it constantly (he denies this too, it is unflattering to his self image)

If all else fails I'll steal a DNA sample and reveal to him his Jewish/non-white ancestors

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Our local graybeards are cool as hell tbh they play absolutely bizarre games

One day I watched them set up a small suburb with buildings and fences and everything and then played a Martian invasion game where they burned everything down

Holy poo poo, where do these guys live?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

If all else fails I'll steal a DNA sample and reveal to him his Jewish/non-white ancestors

try talking to him about nazi aircraft procurement, that's sure to make him lose faith in the ideology

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Like imagine Bojack Horseman or GOB from Arrested Development, he's sorta like that

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Grand Prize Winner posted:

try talking to him about nazi aircraft procurement, that's sure to make him lose faith in the ideology

Ah hello that's what I do with the ladies?!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

Ah hello that's what I do with the ladies?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApslS7RKxYA&t=18s

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Al! posted:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

as shocking as it may seem, ours was not the first generation where the people who felt abandoned by society retreated into seclusion, and capital identified in them a perfect captive market. in storage units across the country, the model train paraphernalia sits, waiting for the nephews, nieces, and grandchildren to finally work up the mental energy to throw them out.

our generation has improved on this, in that most of our consumable goods to distract from the yawning emptiness of late capitalism exist solely as some code flags on a Valve server somewhere

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

It's like this, but they go to sleep, knocks 'em right out

it's like a roofie, then you can do anything
/
:smugdon:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

chitoryu12 posted:

Upstate NY. I haven't seen them in a longtime tho I think at least one of them died

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

In 2018 most people who do trade games a lot are white dudes in their 20s-30s with spare cash

You know who likes to tell you about their stupid ideas like why that dude who did coordinated harassment to the point that a very visible member of the MtG Community quit the game over it shouldn't be banned from playing

Those guys

loving this a guy I play boardgames with constantly bitches about feminists and if they wanted more element to be game designers thetu spoils just do it and not complain so much. I think I've nearly gone blind rolling my eyes so hard when he gets on a roll

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

KomradeX posted:

loving this a guy I play boardgames with constantly bitches about feminists and if they wanted more element to be game designers thetu spoils just do it and not complain so much. I think I've nearly gone blind rolling my eyes so hard when he gets on a roll

If he bitches about SJW's enough you can always introduce him to FATAL

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

a fascist wearing a jolly rodger gives me a sensible chuckle.. :unsmith:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
what's a trad gamer anyway

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

and i must meme posted:

Traditional. Non videogames games.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

and i must meme posted:

A gamer that just wants to marry and be supported by a manly neo nazi

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

and i must meme posted:

Traditional ie non bidya games

Board games, minis, MTG, RPGs etc

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

fool_of_sound posted:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

fool_of_sound posted:

That's what they say, but they're all just fake trad gamer girls

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
@waaaghwithapurpose

I will never let my children paint Ultramarines as any race other than white. This is canonical.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

@realEmperor
Creepy Eldar spreading fake news! Astromancers LOVE powering psychic beacon! Paid very well and everyone knows they aren't sacrificed to to Warp! #MGGA

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
For all their pathetic obsession with Warhammer 40k, white supremacists are ultimately doomed if they were play because of their racism-blinded inability to understand that red onez, in point of fact, go fasta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

For all their pathetic obsession with Warhammer 40k, white supremacists are ultimately doomed if they were play because of their racism-blinded inability to understand that red onez, in point of fact, go fasta.

Orkz are the best, my favorite piece of 40k fluff is the Ork army that khorne noticed for their viciousness and brought them to a daemon world where they do eternal battle against daemons and every time they die they get back up and they think it's the best thing

Or else the planet where orkz and tyranids are locked in a stalemate