Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

tl;dr: don't lick a gift horse in the mouth

And here was me, thinking I could get away with it scotch free, although it's a mute point by now

e:tax

his nibs fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I think the warship in Surface Detail is my favorite character in all the Culture books

Oh, except for Grey Area. Gotta love the Meatfucker

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

intardnation posted:

better than electing a corrupt narcissistic sycophant who will take bribes from any country/business? dont know myself.

Some of the bribes were in exchange for a few trivial parcels of the US uranium supply. No biggie. The people involved in that tried to get Trump dirty by sending some of their Russian pals to peddle Clinton dirt, so he couldn't be a threat, but Jr didn't bite, so it didn't pan out. Spying on the Trump campaign went on regardless and the dossier was crafted to retroactively justify it. The US dodged a bullet, IMO.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hav posted:

Spoiler that poo poo, dude. And they point out the drone is an unreliable narrator at the start of the book.

Sorry. Done.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Abuminable posted:

Some of the bribes were in exchange for a few trivial parcels of the US uranium supply. No biggie. The people involved in that tried to get Trump dirty by sending some of their Russian pals to peddle Clinton dirt, so he couldn't be a threat, but Jr didn't bite, so it didn't pan out. Spying on the Trump campaign went on regardless and the dossier was crafted to retroactively justify it. The US dodged a bullet, IMO.
what

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

I think the warship in Surface Detail is my favorite character in all the Culture books

Oh, except for Grey Area. Gotta love the Meatfucker

The warship "Falling outside the normal moral constraints"? That thing was the best. Agreed - the Meatfucker comes a close second :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Abuminable posted:

Sounds legit.

Not Fake News.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

quote:

Well well you can uh, that's something I referred to before which is uh uhh we're very, we've, we're very much focused and we always have been with regards to the direction we're going with the concept of this, you know, object oriented content creation which is to basically distill y'know uhh all of y'know the different pieces uhh of functionality that we're gonna use to build up these larger missions to break them down into these component parts and then just like do, y'know, in an object-oriented language like C++ to basically allow us to y'know pass inputs in, to y'know extract y'know outputs out um so that we can customize them dynamically in these y'know in--in, th, in the scope of y'know a much larger problem and so what this is going to wind up allowing us to do is after we've got that initial library of y'know functionality, designers are going to be able to craft this stuff much, much more quickly than they've been able to do, y'know, cer-- uh, in, in, in the past, umm, and what this effectively means to the player is uhh a much larger amount of interesting things to see and experience and challenges to face, y'know, and solve within the game world.

WAIT WAIT WAIT...

... And you fuckers think I'm the one who's stoned?
:fap:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Saving us from Trump discussion.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:perfect:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

:five: :five: :five:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How shall we gently caress off, oh Lord?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

owns

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:five: He's a very naughty boy

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I called this.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Scenes from Chris Roberts Life of Lyin'

Crobbles to the angry crowd of shitizens at the stoning shitposting: Right! No-one is to shitpost anyone until I blow this whistle - Even and I want to make this perfectly clear -
even if they do say "Derek Smart"

*crobbles is instaburried under a ton of angry shitizen shitposts*

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

WTF brah, no wheelchair? You'd think I'd earn a place somewhere. Just throw in a steamroller somewhere

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

thatguy posted:

Saving us from Trump discussion.

There are several here who are completely obsessed with the guy. Trump Tourette syndrome.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
gently caress, can't just come up with a quick lyric adaptation for the Brian intro song to go along with it, since it becoming a verb drastically changes the song. :( Still, nice save. Might remember it later, or some other goon can give it a go.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 11, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If Derek isn't hiring all you incredibly talented goons to illustrate his 50,000 page manuscript, he's an idiot. :five: :five: :five:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:five:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CrazyLoon posted:

gently caress, can't just come up with a quick lyric adaptation for the Brian intro song to go along with it. :( Still, nice save.
Boy called Brian = Thumb caught lyin'

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

The culture books had the best ship/character names

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

He's a very naughty boy

Beet Wagon posted:

If Derek isn't hiring all you incredibly talented goons to illustrate his 50,000 page manuscript, he's an idiot. :five: :five: :five:

We're already writing it for him he might as well

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

By the way I just want everyone to know that if I had to physically fight someone who couldn't use half of their body I would totally win.
:smug:

Wanna bet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwBN7ggX6FQ&t=47s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It sad it ends with a bunch of suicides.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I was hoping this was Martin Short from Arrested Development

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was: 'That piece of whale was good enough for Derek'.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Open Layer posted:

The culture books had the best ship/character names

The Culture books had the best ship names

Thomas Pynchon had the best character names. I mean, Benny Profane, come on

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

tuo posted:

I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was: 'That piece of whale was good enough for Derek'.

he did it again!!!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also I'm late to Monster Hunter World chat but I'm looking forward to it as well.

With all the good games that have come out recently and all the good games that are coming out soon, it's kind of surprising anyone still gives a serious poo poo about Star Citizen tbh.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Truga posted:

he did it again!!!

Ouch! WE HAVEN'T STARTED YET!!!!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

Ouch! WE HAVEN'T STARTED YET!!!!

Wait. Are there any Dereks here?

<sounds of shouting, followed by mumbles of 'nononono, he is, no>

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Openly displaying Crytek's engine code on multiple occasions via their "Bugsmashers" viseo seems pretty cut and dry.

I thought we determined that was LY code..

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Also I'm late to Monster Hunter World chat but I'm looking forward to it as well.

With all the good games that have come out recently and all the good games that are coming out soon, it's kind of surprising anyone still gives a serious poo poo about Star Citizen tbh.

They can't afford other games man those jpegs don't pay for themselves

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I thought we determined that was LY code..

Nah, that's not as funny as the other option

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

:eyepop: God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

TheAgent posted:

weird smell guy status: still comes in to the office, no one loving likes him, sits with the dwindling OG crew that's slowly being phased out, upper management hoping he gets the clue and walks out on his own, is fired in all but name

I'm sure everything is fine, tho

I hope they don't take his red stapler.