Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Internet Kraken posted:

Does the sort option in Mod Organizer automatically place mods in what it thinks should be the proper load order?

Always use LOOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Never use loot. :colbert:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Agents are GO! posted:

EDIT: Also SIC doesn't have aggressive Cliff Racers. :randno: They're in there, but they're just reskinned hawks.

having cliffracers at all is noncanon and I cannot tolerate any mod which refuses to recognize the majesty of St. Jiub

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Psion posted:

having cliffracers at all is noncanon and I cannot tolerate any mod which refuses to recognize the majesty of St. Jiub

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
switched from NMM to MO for my SSE modding needs, installed all the same stuff in the exact same order but now the game crashes 90 seconds or so after loading a game no matter what. helllll yeah

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

switched from NMM to MO for my SSE modding needs, installed all the same stuff in the exact same order but now the game crashes 90 seconds or so after loading a game no matter what. helllll yeah

For what it’s worth I’ve been using NMM since installing and I legitimately installed 69 mods and had the game running better than when I first ran it before getting anything setup lol

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

You mean starting a new game or loading a save? If you're trying to load an old save I'm not surprised that you're having issues. Did you start Skyrim (not SKSE or whatever) once through MO to setup your .ini files? MO uses separate .ini files than NMM/base Skyrim does.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bob NewSCART posted:

Always use LOOT

Correction: always use SSEEdit. LOOT has enough strange-rear end sort ideas that you'll probably have to anyway.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

dont be mean to me posted:

Correction: always use SSEEdit. LOOT has enough strange-rear end sort ideas that you'll probably have to anyway.

SSEEdit has a sort algorithm?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

CFox posted:

You mean starting a new game or loading a save? If you're trying to load an old save I'm not surprised that you're having issues. Did you start Skyrim (not SKSE or whatever) once through MO to setup your .ini files? MO uses separate .ini files than NMM/base Skyrim does.

yeah, new game, properly got my INIs set up and everything. i think i'll probably just nuke and start over again

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Idk what he’s trying to say, maybe that you should check ssedit after sorting with loot? Like loot literally shows you when you have dirty plugins that you should clean up with ssedit so I don’t really know

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

No, but it will tell you all about your conflicts, and since LOOT will give anyone with a remotely interesting set of mods a load order with weird conflicts anyway, you'll have to re-sort or merge based on its output. Might as well cut out the middleman.

You might have to use LOOT anyway if you have like 120 mods or something, but there's no substitute for actually having some idea what the pile is doing.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
LOOT can bring some initial order to chaos but for best results, fine tune the load order based on conflicts in xEdit and spend all your time making a conflict resolution patch and never actually play Skyrim.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought I would get a simple, easy answer :negative:

Modding is hard.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

LOOT can bring some initial order to chaos but for best results, fine tune the load order based on conflicts in xEdit and spend all your time making a conflict resolution patch and never actually play Skyrim.

If you aren’t using a poo poo load of dirty mods that all have obvious complications with each other you should NEED to do very little loving around with your load order in xedit.

Just run loot and then clean up any of the plugins it says to in xedit (loot will tell you). If you still have issues after that you can look into solutions for that.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Am I just massively overlooking something or are there basically no mods that display enemy magicka and stamina bars? I have always been dubious about damaging/ravaging effects on enemy resources and went looking for such a mod and came up empty. For such a simple concept I'd be certain someone had made a fix but nothing immediately came up.

Also a bummer the spell to detect enemy stats didn't make it from More Apocalypse to the base mod (or to SE). I could probably find something similar for that in SE at least.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Weird question, but is there a mod that speeds up the animation for when you get knocked over and sloooooowly get back up? I have a mod installed that gives some enemies new attacks that cause stagger. It was working fine but I fought a werewolf last night and it was knocking me over repeatedly without a chance for me to do anything. The recovery animation is too long for that to be acceptable, but I'd rather not disable the mod.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

Weird question, but is there a mod that speeds up the animation for when you get knocked over and sloooooowly get back up? I have a mod installed that gives some enemies new attacks that cause stagger. It was working fine but I fought a werewolf last night and it was knocking me over repeatedly without a chance for me to do anything. The recovery animation is too long for that to be acceptable, but I'd rather not disable the mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17491/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm getting sucked down the rabbit hole of Skyrim modding again, pray for me, goons. :ohdear:

E: And I broke my stuff messing with SSEEdit :downs:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 11, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What’s the easiest way to remove stamina cost for sprinting ?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

player.modav stamina 1000000000 ought to do it

I mean this technically doesn’t remove it so much as it makes it irrelevant but it’s both easy and saves you a spot in your load order! :v:

Or this I guess https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/167/

maybe use this instead: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73023/

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 11, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

so everything in my skyrim folder just deleted itself for no reason. standard.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

orange juche posted:

I'm getting sucked down the rabbit hole of Skyrim modding again, pray for me, goons. :ohdear:

E: And I broke my stuff messing with SSEEdit :downs:

It's often more fun and challenging than the actual game, so just accept it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought I would get a simple, easy answer :negative:

Modding is hard.

Modding is the game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Whorelord posted:

so everything in my skyrim folder just deleted itself for no reason. standard.

Halser posted:

It's often more fun and challenging than the actual game, so just accept it

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
something something the folder achieved CHIM and zero-summed

you can explain anything away with the lore

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Halser posted:

something something the folder achieved CHIM and zero-summed

you can explain anything away with the lore

Vivec would be a huge fan of Dongs of Skyrim.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Vivec refuses to install spear-less games. Instead of Skyrim, he installed Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Vivec refuses to install spear-less games. Instead of Skyrim, he installed Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest.

poo poo, he's playing Doom. Original Doom.

"IDKFA, N'wah."

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Guys, I think I messed up somewhere. I've got 250+ mods installed on Skyrim SE, I'm 20 + hours into the game and it's still working. I've never got this far before, what do I do?

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
What happens when your skills turn legendary

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MadJackMcJack posted:

Guys, I think I messed up somewhere. I've got 250+ mods installed on Skyrim SE, I'm 20 + hours into the game and it's still working. I've never got this far before, what do I do?

install more mods

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MadJackMcJack posted:

Have you tried nuking the install and starting over??? :ohdear:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I don't actually know anything about what happens in Skyrim beyond Bleak Falls Barrow so please keep us posted about the cool stuff you can do in this game past that!

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Simplicity is the path to true happiness. Nuke it all and re-do with 20 mods or less.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CFox posted:

Simplicity is the path to true happiness. Nuke it all and re-do with 20 mods or less.

Never have I read a greater or more egregious blasphemy.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

CFox posted:

reported

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I hear there are actually big cities past Riverwood? Anyone know?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Unironically, the furthest I've gotten in Skyrim has always been one city after Whiterun. Be it Riften, or Windhelm...I think I made it just inside Solitude once.

Not counting Winterhold since it's not really a city.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GunnerJ posted:

I don't actually know anything about what happens in Skyrim beyond Bleak Falls Barrow so please keep us posted about the cool stuff you can do in this game past that!

I've restarted so much I've added those three mods that add shortcuts from Dragonkeep to Bleakfalls, the Greybeards, and the dungeon you get the horn from since after running through them 40 times to get all three words of Fus Do Rah I was mighty sick of them.