Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
That rollercoaster is amazing as a camping spot, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Better than camping on top of the roller coaster, though.

Also it's one of the most open areas in the map, since everything has to spawn out of it and move inwards and it has fairly easily defensible routes if the team knows what they're doing, which is only half the time.

it's an open area with spawns on all side and they spawn basically immediately into range of attacking you with little walk up. Husks literally start firing at you as they spawn. All the spawn points are offset tangentially so you can't use penetration to clear swarms of them, like you could in a long hallway or something. Under/near the rollercoaster is a good spot imo.

I'm not a pro player or anything and just play with pubbies so ymmv.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 9, 2018

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2 are included in the new Humble Bundle.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Spent like an hour last night grinding out dosh boxes while reading Wikipedia in the overlay browser. There's some decent looking stuff in there I hadn't seen before. A Hello Kitty style Friday the 13th hockey mask? Yeah I'll take that :)

This feels like a dumb question, but how do you unequip cosmetics? I have enough crap now I'd like to start over with 'stock' character models but they're all stuck wearing various bits and baubles I now can't seem to get rid of.

e: Of course I find it like an hour after I post this, the big red circle-with-line-through-it None option :downs:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 13, 2018

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
So Alteisen and I were doing some HoE after a long while. First match went great, we had an amazing team and no one died a single time. Second match all the good guys leave and it's just me and her for 6 waves, but we do it without a ton of trouble. A SWAT joins but he seems to know what he's doing.

Then a Demo joins during the break before wave 9. There are 20 seconds left and he's not moving. On the off-chance his game is taking a long time to load, I decide it'll help the team if he has more than a grenade pistol. I throw my Medic AR to the ground, buy a M79 and stock it, throw it on the ground where we're holding and grab my AR back, and tell the Demo to head for us.

The Demo proceeds to spend the first minute of the match running around away from us looking for ammo, then ignores the M79 right behind him for another half a minute. By the time he picks it up like three Fleshpounds have spawned, he gets hosed, and then the rest of us get hosed.

I keep hoping I'm helping someone competent, but don't ever try to help pubbies beyond throwing them money, Jesus Christ.

Gromit posted:

That rollercoaster is amazing as a camping spot, though.

It's either really boring because everything's channeled to die or the people in front suck and it becomes a deathtrap where the whole team falls apart and wipes. I hate it.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 14, 2018

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What's a good weapon progression for SWAT? I feel like if I have two SMGs at the same time I spend everything on ammo when the class really needs armour to shine. Double pistols + extra damage doesn't seem to be worth giving up tac reload.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 15, 2018

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
MP7 + MP5 -> Add kriss / p90, if you're totally rich dump the mp7, but it is a very economical trash sweeper. You really want a support on the team if you're playing swat

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

I keep hoping I'm helping someone competent, but don't ever try to help pubbies beyond throwing them money, Jesus Christ.

It's either really boring because everything's channeled to die or the people in front suck and it becomes a deathtrap where the whole team falls apart and wipes. I hate it.

The struggle!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Risky Bisquick posted:

MP7 + MP5 -> Add kriss / p90, if you're totally rich dump the mp7, but it is a very economical trash sweeper. You really want a support on the team if you're playing swat

I generally skip the P90 if I can get the Kriss sooner. P90 seems to just vomit ammo but not do much damage while the Vector also vomits ammo but also death. The level 25 perk of infinite ammo and real time firing with the Vector is amazing on every zed.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Honestly I feel like the base weapon for Swats is so good that you can stick with it + pistols for a while and then tech up to the best in one go. Ammo is a concern, but that's why someone is shotgun bitch support.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I agree, I stick with the MP7 for SWAT until I get get the Vector. The perk that spawns you in with double 9mms and ups their damage by 110% is amazing. Seriously, if you spawn as SWAT, spawn with this perk. Your Berettas will one-shot Gorefasts in the head, they're crazy powerful, and the ammo is very cheap. I stick with those for the first wave or two, then just sell the extra pistol for free cash and switch to the reload speed perk when I sell the pistol (and because I am selling the pistol I actually remember to change my perk, unlike for every other time when I say I will and never do). Then I have a wave of MP7 where I'm slightly undergunned, and then it's Vector time where I am way overgunned for several rounds in a row. It's even worth doing it this way if you can only barely afford the Vector; for a gun that's meant to be fired at 1000+ rounds per minute, it does more than enough damage per shot to be useful in semi auto.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

[Holding up on the rollercoaster] It's either really boring because everything's channeled to die or the people in front suck and it becomes a deathtrap where the whole team falls apart and wipes. I hate it.

I've not played HoE, so maybe it's terrible for that, but I usually enjoy my time there. A firebug can stumble the big guys if need be who often fall off the side and have to run all the way back around again which gives everyone more time to kill them. And it you get overwhelmed you just jump off the back and it turns into a running game.
I've yet to find a better spot, but I play pub games so rarely I don't really learn what others have found.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
There's a reason why I don't play above Hard normally, at least here on PS4

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Same here. I do play the higher difficulties when the dailies force me to but as a berserker and solo.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Grabbing the mp5 before Kriss makes ammo boxes and support bonuses go twice as far. No running out of ammo on 7/10 wave which is very possible above hard.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Gromit posted:

I've not played HoE, so maybe it's terrible for that, but I usually enjoy my time there. A firebug can stumble the big guys if need be who often fall off the side and have to run all the way back around again which gives everyone more time to kill them. And it you get overwhelmed you just jump off the back and it turns into a running game.
I've yet to find a better spot, but I play pub games so rarely I don't really learn what others have found.

HoE is just Suicidal but you get punished more for getting hit. I would normally play HoE but it's only if we have six people, because otherwise leechers come in at the last second with their crappy gear and zero dosh just to raise the zed count and power before dying without contributing anything.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

drrockso20 posted:

There's a reason why I don't play above Hard normally, at least here on PS4

I like Suicidal because you get the new Zed behaviours.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gromit posted:

I like Suicidal because you get the new Zed behaviours.

I would love a difficulty setting where all the monster stats are at Normal or Hard levels, but they come in the numbers and have the behaviors of Suicidal or even HOE

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The zeds do pretty much every move they're going to on Suicidal, HOE is mostly just more health and more difficult spawns. That's why I like Suicidal- it doesn't feel like the AI is gimped, but the AI doesn't have ungodly huge pools of health to throw at me.

Oh, except husk suicides, gently caress that.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

aniviron posted:

The zeds do pretty much every move they're going to on Suicidal, HOE is mostly just more health and more difficult spawns. That's why I like Suicidal- it doesn't feel like the AI is gimped, but the AI doesn't have ungodly huge pools of health to throw at me.

I can't hate on those, they make me laugh every time it pays off for them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

I can't hate on those, they make me laugh every time it pays off for them.

Plus their running animation is so hilarious.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

They're the only death from that I can't fault the game for. It's even better if it's a fierce fire fight and you suddenly catch a glimpse of the husk sprinting to your area. You lay fire at it and connect but can't kill it before it throws a touchdown at your feet. Bonus points if it takes out more then one. On high player count servers I've seen them take out a dozen people trying to hold the line at a door in one go.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I don't know how anybody can stand to play harder than Normal, even on Hard everything seems like a terrible bullet sponge.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pope Guilty posted:

I don't know how anybody can stand to play harder than Normal, even on Hard everything seems like a terrible bullet sponge.

Try shooting them in the head

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

What level are your perks, there's a reason each difficulty has a recommended level range

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Can a regen berserker even die on normal?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I wasn't going to do this, but I can't help myself...

Unless the spreadsheet I'm looking at is horrifically out of date, the health values for the vast majority of enemies literally does not change from Hard through Suicidal. Further, the health increases from Normal to Hard are minimal. The common enemies gain no more than 25 total health. 1911s will waste most enemies in a few bodyshots, and the .500 will literally one-shot body shot all trash.

If you can shoot heads, there are a number of weapons that will one-shot pretty much everything except Scrakes and Pounds.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah shots-to-kill thresholds barely change except for maybe swat

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Risky Bisquick posted:

I ask the same question but for Hell on Earth.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I find with SWAT, I like to just rock the MP7 until I can get the UMP. The UMP is probably my favorite SWAT gun now. From there on I'll get the Vector and whatever else but only after the UMP.

Also, always click heads, unless it's a Husk, then you click the backpack.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Risky Bisquick posted:

I was playing a map on Hard with my lv25 zerk, must have been a daily map, and for whatever reason I was giving up and tried to kill myself. I stood in a hallway completely surrounded by clots and crawlers and it took like 45 seconds for them to get me down to 0 health.

Pope Guilty posted:

Level up your mans and click heads. Headshots aren't optional beyond Hard.

Revolver Bunker posted:

The level 25 perk of infinite ammo and real time firing with the Vector is amazing on every zed.

I kind of want almost every class to have a lv25 option of 'infinite ammo and faster fire rate during Zedtime' for one of their perks. Unbalanced? OP? Maybe, it's just so much fun with Firebug. My Commando perk is +3% damage and fire faster, but that just empties my clip immediately and I spend the rest of the zedtime reloading. Medics could fire infinite heal darts that would have super tracking enabled, prioritizing players with lower health.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Takes No Damage posted:

I kind of want almost every class to have a lv25 option of 'infinite ammo and faster fire rate during Zedtime' for one of their perks. Unbalanced? OP? Maybe, it's just so much fun with Firebug. My Commando perk is +3% damage and fire faster, but that just empties my clip immediately and I spend the rest of the zedtime reloading. Medics could fire infinite heal darts that would have super tracking enabled, prioritizing players with lower health.

Yeah, this. I want to have infinite Stoner at double fire-rate so I can feel like that dude in Predator.

I'd also hit nothing.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Gromit posted:

Yeah, this. I want to have infinite Stoner at double fire-rate so I can feel like that dude in Predator.

I'd also hit nothing.

Could you imagine infinite RPG rounds with no need to reload for zed time with a Commando extending it though? No one man should have all that power.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Takes No Damage posted:

I still don't understand the +3% damage. Unless it's nudging you over headshot breakpoints, it's just a weirdly negligible amount of damage.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What irks me about the Stoner is just how weak it is. I mean, I can kill fine with it but I just don't quite feel like a badass because the rate of zed death return per bullet on a super high recoil weapon isn't that great.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Elysiume posted:

I still don't understand the +3% damage. Unless it's nudging you over headshot breakpoints, it's just a weirdly negligible amount of damage.

My shot in the dark is that somebody thought about the numbers like 3%*3x fire rate = 9% bonus damage, but 3x RoF is functionally 300% damage anyway, so... :shrug:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Skoll posted:

What irks me about the Stoner is just how weak it is. I mean, I can kill fine with it but I just don't quite feel like a badass because the rate of zed death return per bullet on a super high recoil weapon isn't that great.

With recoil reduction it's just fun for me to fire. And I don't play HoE so the damage output is okay for me.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Skoll posted:

The one redeeming thing is that you can carry both the Stoner and SCAR at the same time. The SCAR is good for being awesome at the game and clicking heads one at a time and the stoner is good for firing into a huge pile of crawlers screaming like a retard after you run out of SCAR ammo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't bought the SCAR in awhile. I usually run AK/boomstick or AK/Stoner now when I play Commando.

Gromit posted:

With recoil reduction it's just fun for me to fire. And I don't play HoE so the damage output is okay for me.

I like to play on Hard because it's the perfect just chill mode. Survival isn't bad either but I prefer to play that with friends because I actually have to pay attention then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Sharp could really use a bolt and box rifle either at or above the Centrefire but below the M14. Mainly I'd just enjoy the animations.