Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Raged posted:

Got a rules question. Say a T-70 with BB-8 lands on a rock. Next turn the player reveals a green manoeuvre. Does he still get the barrel roll from BB-8?

You're allowed to barrel roll, since hitting an obstacle just makes you skip the 'perform action' step and BB-8 isn't related to that, but the barrel roll template cxan't touch the obstacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

As long as the template doesn't cross the rock (which is a restriction of the barrel roll action itself), BB-8 works in that scenario. So does Deathrain, decloaking, boosting, etc. If you somehow had collision detector you could even do those things if the template touched the rock during a maneuver.

Being on a rock only does one thing with regards to actions: you skip your Perform Action step on the round your template or ship touched the rock. Actions at any other time (including coordinate, whatever) are perfectly fine.

With Heragator I'd sometimes deliberately move her onto a rock. Enemies would get really greedy and take fully offensive actions. Then I'd move Ahsoka in close and boost Hera off the rock. Yes, Fenn Rau, now you're eating 4 TLT shots in arc at range 2 and you don't have a focus token. Sucks to be you bro.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

Man, what do you guys do when you lose a string of games to dice variance? It's pretty disheartening when you've got all the mods possible, and they've got no mods, yet a 1 in a thousand sequence loses the game on the joust. It's good to play on Vassal and see that your dice probably weren't as bad as you thought overall, but that doesn't really track the fact that fenn Rau blanked out vs hit crit crit at range 1, and that when you rolled 4 natural evades it was vs a 2 hit tlt at range 3 obstructed.

Take a few games of Oicunn/Deathrain. I don't need dice.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Take a few games of Oicunn/Deathrain. I don't need dice.

The true "no dice" game is any Ghost with docked Phantom I, TLT, and Accuracy Corrector.

I'm shooting four times a round. Will never get less than 2 hits per shot. I don't roll greens. gently caress dice.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

The true "no dice" game is any Ghost with docked Phantom I, TLT, and Accuracy Corrector.

I'm shooting four times a round. Will never get less than 2 hits per shot. I don't roll greens. gently caress dice.

Yeah that's a great idea actually

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The boringest idea.

oicunn is at least interesting.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah, mentionned this before but I got introduced to that Ghost in my first tournament. I had two A wings. The guy wordlessly picked one of them and gave it back to me.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

Yeah, mentionned this before but I got introduced to that Ghost in my first tournament. I had two A wings. The guy wordlessly picked one of them and gave it back to me.

I think you mean the autoblaster ghost? An Awing could probably dodge one of the four TLTs, even with naked dice.

thespaceinvader posted:

The boringest idea.

oicunn is at least interesting.

Dr. Kanan: or how I learned to stop being boring and love the dice.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Oh, yeah, on second thought, it was Autoblaster Ghost. AKA "gently caress you, 4 inavoidable damages".

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ACTLT ghosts are that for quite a lot of the meta at the moment, especially mirandas and nyms.

Poe is basically immune though, as long as he's out of arc.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

ACTLT ghosts are that for quite a lot of the meta at the moment, especially mirandas and nyms.

Poe is basically immune though, as long as he's out of arc.

Not if Lowrik has hotcop.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yay! For my birthday I got the imp assault carrier. Now I own every factions epic cargo ship. All I need is the raider and blockade runner

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The Blockade runner is really cool and it is easily my favourite large ship cause it looks cool

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Recoome posted:

The Blockade runner is really cool and it is easily my favourite large ship cause it looks cool

Yeah, this is the only one I keep out and on display of the large ships. It's such a great model, such a great design. It's a shame there's nothing else even approaching that iconic for the other factions.

Unrelated, I picked up the newest wave, finally, and the TIE Silencer seems really out of scale with other TIEs. It looked to be on par with an Interceptor in the flick?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ville Valo posted:

Yeah, this is the only one I keep out and on display of the large ships. It's such a great model, such a great design. It's a shame there's nothing else even approaching that iconic for the other factions.

Unrelated, I picked up the newest wave, finally, and the TIE Silencer seems really out of scale with other TIEs. It looked to be on par with an Interceptor in the flick?

Nah, it was quite a bit larger (nose to tail) than the TIE/sf wingmen while still being similar in width. It's pretty close in-game.

And it's absolutely in line with the First Order's design philosophy of taking something the Empire had (TIE Interceptor) and making it loving huge and menacing for no reral benefit.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ConfusedUs posted:

Nah, it was quite a bit larger (nose to tail) than the TIE/sf wingmen while still being similar in width. It's pretty close in-game.

And it's absolutely in line with the First Order's design philosophy of taking something the Empire had (TIE Interceptor) and making it loving huge and menacing for no reral benefit.

It's kind of weird how their regular TIEs are just regular TIE sized.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

but the engines are stacked vertically instead side-by-side, for extra eeeeevil.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Tooled around with the "Babies in a Blender" list. I have always been a big fan of Nym having an auto blaster and really, range 1 is the place to be to try to beat this list. Swapped some bombs for Ion Bombs for a touch of control. Now it's pretty drat deadly at any range. Going to run it for a few games tomorrow to see how it works out. It's at 99 so I have a point to spare if I want to put bomblet generator back in.

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Sabine Wren (2)
Ion Bombs (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Experimental Interface (3)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Proton Bombs (5)
Ion Bombs (2)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
"Genius" (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
Havoc (0)

Total: 99

[url=https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!139:135,126,-1,243,166,137,127:-1:13:U.-1;254:27,120,126,243,-1,41,137:53:25:U.245,u.1

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
My feeling is that there's too much dengar/rey/Raclo to really be comfortable with AB on Nym.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

New league at a new store, with actual support and rewards throughout. In order to make a good showing of our group, we decided to go in hard to start.

E-Wing: •Corran Horn (48)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Push the Limit (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
•R2-D2 (4)

Auzituck Gunship: •Lowhhrick (37)
•Swarm Leader (3)
•Ezra Bridger (3)
•Maul (3)

TIE Fighter: •Captain Rex (14)

Total: 99/100

Fenn was mentioned as a replacement for Rex but it wouldn't be in this list.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 11, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've flown that about five times now. It's a lot of fun. The hardest part is the approach. I feel like I really want to flank with Corran, but when I do, I struggle to get all guns on target because I suck at flying Corran. I'll get the hang of it though.

It's crazy tossing six dice from Low into someone though. (3 + range 1 + 2x swarm leader)

Most of my games vs regen aces have gone to time, with me winning because Corran is 48 points + 1 for bid. Kill the support ships. Kill their regen ace if you can. Run the gently caress away if you can't.

Worst game I had was against

RAC: VI, Kylo, Gunner, Vader
Quickdraw: VI, FCS, Harpoon Missile, Lightweight Frame

It was like the hardest of hard counters. Lots of auto damage. Lots of effects that can go under shields. Blinded pilots to deny shots from Low. If it had been Palp instead of gunner/vader, I think I would have been OK. Or if there was no Kylo. Either of thsoe would have been hard, but doable.

But all three? Fuuuuuuck.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Poopy Palpy posted:

I found it kind of interesting in the cross-section stuff that the new TIEs use the panels as big radiators instead of as solar panels, it sort of follows the rest of the new trilogy's inversion theme.

I've been trying Intensity Poe and oh man is it fun.

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Intensity (2)
BB-8 (2)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Jess Pava (25)
R2-D6 (1)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Nien Nunb (29)
Adaptability (0)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

Pretty versatile, you can keep them together to joust, or break Poe or Nien off to act as arc-dodgers.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't like that Nien build at all, since you're getting almost no value out of his ability. If you want to use that upgrade build, you can save yourself a point and use Snap, who gets even more value out of FAA and Primed Thrusters.

I'm not in love with PT on Jess either. I can see why you have it on Poe, but I think it may still be worse that PA and I don't like Vectored Thrusters at all.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Nien Numb build you have now is 10x better on Snap.

Nien really wants either:

Snap Shot + R3-A2 + Pattern Analyzer, or
Stay on Target + Targeting Astromech + Pattern Analyzer

Unfortunately you can't fit him + Poe + Jess. It's just a few too many points.

Spending two points on EPT bot + VI isn't worth it on Jess. She's fine naked or sometimes you spend the two points for EPT bot + Selflessness or Draw Their Fire

Poe wants Autothrusters, not Vectored Thrusters. He gets a roll from BB-8 anyway, and it's not like you can trigger both.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Jess with Sensor Cluster is really mean, too.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Jess with Sensor Cluster is really mean, too.

Yeah she's quite tanky even without Sensor Cluster. With, she's almost always going to get 2 evades from any single defense roll.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah she's quite tanky even without Sensor Cluster. With, she's almost always going to get 2 evades from any single defense roll.

I'm a big fan of how Sensor Cluster actually gives her better focus efficiency. She can afford to gamble on rerolling a focus result, because she can just spend it afterward anyway if it rolls back into a focus or into a blank, but you can save the focus entirely by rolling into an evade.

Note: Obviously only works when you rolled evade + X on your dice.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Man watching this Kanan/Fenn list on stream is nuts. That list is so gross.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

I love it and I'm definitely running it at MN regionals.

Edit: the HotCop, Maul one.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

With his ability Fenn is basically a cheaper Biggs who can also coordinate. And has a rear arc. And a crew slot.

Kanan/Biggs was super annoying to fly against, this seems much, much worse.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Confirmation we all needed that the Biggs nerf was wished upon a Monkeys Paw?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Nah. I feel like I can work around or have options for all of the Biggs replacements.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Thanks for the pointers, I'll give some of those a shot this weekend. We've been trying to branch out and try more things we don't normally, and I'm still kind struggling with some of the meta.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

FAA seems real cool, so I brought some old friends out of retirement.

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •Fenn Rau (26)
•Phantom II (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)

X-Wing: •Wedge Antilles (34)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Expertise (4)

ARC-170: •Norra Wexley (36)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Push the Limit (3)
•Kyle Katarn (3)

Total: 96/100

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm not sure FAA is better than BB-8 on Norra.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Been playing the QD + nuboats list that's making the rounds, I've been liking it quite a lot. QD helps against aces and the nuboats take anything larger. The current setup is pretty standard:

QD + VI + FCS + Title + LWF
Nuboat + Harpoon + LRS

Also, faced against the Ghost + Phantom + Fenn lists and they are pretty goddamn nuts in terms of what they can tank. I really detest rebel Fenn.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, it's a LOT less easy to trigger when you've got butt guns.

But, it also makes it a LOT more likely for you to get arc when you can get a free boost off it, then a barrel roll with VTs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Putting VT on Norra still leaves a two point bid. I imagine that would be enough.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Some Numbers posted:

It's much, much worse, especially on that particular build. By going with BB-8, PtL and Kyle on Norra, you can reliably get two focus tokens and a TL without getting stress every turn, whereas FAA can only pull off that same combo situationally. Saving a single point to go from a sure thing to a situational thing is not worth it, especially when you can easily afford the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

What is the list? And what stream?

• Locked thread