Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

I bet it's got something to do with the stupid habit some people have of editing their posts to quote something that someone else posted after them.

I thought it was an admin taking out posts entirely

*waits to edit post in 10 minutes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Ninja edit-aw what the gently caress

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hi there first of all happy new year and thank you for this life saving app that I have put tons of hours into. Thanks for making a baller app!

I play the party game Mafia on this forum so I appreciate you putting in features like the "view only poster X's post in the thread." Currently to do this you track down the poster and click the option in their settings which is great.

However you can also post a link to the ? button as it were for people and see their posts that way, except the app does not like those links and just sends me to the OP of the unfiltered thread when I click the link.

For example in this thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844977&pagenumber=1&perpage=40 (btw thank you for the feature to copy paste thread links on phone!!) You can see in the OP that there's a list of players with links to their ? history.

Obviously this is a very niche feature request but it would be awesome if the app could recognize those links and filter the thread in the same way that it does with the filter thread button in options.

Thanks again for making an app that has kept me sane on a very long overseas vacation and please enjoy your new year!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
+1 for such a feature

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I'll take a look but I'm not sure how easy that'll be. It should be easy! That's what I always say before I start trying to implement a thing, then the terrible secrets are revealed...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sometimes when I click the arrow to go the next page of a thread I'm reading, the BYOB threadlist opens instead.

I consider this a feature since it randomly encourages me to look at cute dogs when I might not otherwise, but thought you might want to know about it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

I'll take a look but I'm not sure how easy that'll be. It should be easy! That's what I always say before I start trying to implement a thing, then the terrible secrets are revealed...

It's not, it's horrible and some of the code still left from Version 1

shame on an IGA posted:

Sometimes when I click the arrow to go the next page of a thread I'm reading, the BYOB threadlist opens instead.

I consider this a feature since it randomly encourages me to look at cute dogs when I might not otherwise, but thought you might want to know about it.

:psyduck:

Can you tried to screencapture that in some way? There are apps to record the screen or just point a camera on the phone

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
yo, the fact that i still cant post a new thread with this app loving sucks, and you should all be a loving shamed of yourselves you fucks

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Bad Llama posted:

yo, the fact that i still cant post a new thread with this app loving sucks, and you should all be a loving shamed of yourselves you fucks

Thanks for your post, buddy. Happy trails!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bad Llama posted:

We determined that you not posting threads is a net positive for the forums, and are considering removing the reply function as well.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Work harder slaves *cracks whip*!! My free internet comedy forum app needs updating!!

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Bad Llama posted:

and nothing of value was lost

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bad Llama posted:

The combination of the past, the custom text, and the reg date is kind of amazing.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I guess this will not help because the wrong people will read it but:

Please don't send emails to the app's address telling us how broken (or great or whatever) the app is. Post here. Or Post in that other thread. We simply don't read any of them and when we actually do read them, your email will be a month old.

The same goes for Play Store reviews. Except the reading part. We never read those.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Looks like a job for automated replies from :frogbon:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I tried and tested that but for some reason it seems to not have worked for the latest one.

Also preemptive "yes, twitter images do not work"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

E damnit

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sereri posted:

I tried and tested that but for some reason it seems to not have worked for the latest one.

Also preemptive "yes, twitter images do not work"

Okay that's good to know I thought something was wrong on my end

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

So did Twitter change something, or what is it?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah it's Twitter, don't worry it's getting fixed though! Gotta have them tweets nowadays

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

More curious, no worries.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Glad to know that the Twitter thing wasn't just me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh thank God. I just came here to check love the app.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

hell yeah

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The weird thing about the twitter images being broken is that so far I can't really say it's made a huge impact. It might be because I don't read the meme threads and the like, but it hasn't really made me go "aw dang it I really need to see that picture" and the one time I did I just clicked it. (It was a picture of a reporter being swarmed by lemurs being compared to Dr Doom being swarmed by squirrels which was obviously pretty important)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I read a lot of threads that present bad twitter opinions in image format to safeguard against deletion so please :choco: and thank you for the app

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like the pictures to work because if you don't like them you can just turn it off

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Party Boat posted:

I read a lot of threads that present bad twitter opinions in image format to safeguard against deletion so please :choco: and thank you for the app

Afaik, the problem is on Twitter's end and not unique to the app.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I hope the Twitter thing gets fixed soon. It makes reading the Trump thread in D&D even worse than usual with all the twitters broken

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why are only images affected? Videos and images associated with links work fine.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Just something that needs updating in the twitter embed code, the iOS app had it too. There'll be a fix rolling out soon!

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Don't know if it's just me or not, but being logged out of the app, every now and then the app will automatically pop up on my phone asking me to log in.

It does this randomly when I unlock the phone or over the top of another running app.

This is happening on both a Nexus 6 and original Pixel

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Uh

there's no reason that should happen unless something's starting the app. Is the app actually closed (like not in your task switcher) or is it in the background there?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This started happening in the past few days when browsing threads

The picture should appear in that tweet without me needing to open up Twitter.

I have uninstalled Flamingo (Twitter app) and turned off WiFI to be sure my work isn't blocking it and it didn't fix it. I have all the settings within Awful to display images.

Any suggestions on what else to try to fix it?

Edit: VVVV I'm an idiot and should of read posts above mine. Sorry

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 16, 2018

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Digital Jedi posted:

This started happening in the past few days when browsing threads

The picture should appear in that tweet without me needing to open up Twitter.

I have uninstalled Flamingo (Twitter app) and turned off WiFI to be sure my work isn't blocking it and it didn't fix it. I have all the settings within Awful to display images.

Any suggestions on what else to try to fix it?

For the millionth time, this is a change that Twitter made and the app needs to be updated to fix it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I love how this thread consistently finds a new issue to dog pile onto. A month ago it was the announcement notification.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Wasabi the J posted:

I love how this thread consistently finds a new issue to dog pile onto. A month ago it was the announcement notification.
...what? When bugs/issues crop up, people report them? That can be hard to come by. People like reading tweets and they don't like reading in-app advertising.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

...what? When bugs/issues crop up, people report them?

That's great, but I thought it was a courtesy to read at least the last couple pages of a thread before commenting.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hey you can't post new threads from the app.

Thanks guys, phone-written threads would be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I'm stupid, as expected. I read right over the logout's text.

RossMan4Life fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 18, 2018