Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tahirovic posted:

This is fun to watch, it nicely show cases that a lot of bad premiums are playable because the player base is just so goddamn dumb.

I hope we get another directors cut like his foch 155 vid.

I enjoyed watching that a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The AT-15A when it gets in a tier 7 game is really pretty fun to play. Remember when it first came out and it didn't have pref mm and it also had less hp? That was terrible.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Straight outta supertest posted:

SU-101

Replaced the 122 mm D-25S mod. 1944 gun (ammo rack capacity of 28 shells) with the 122 mm D-25-SU-101 gun (ammo rack capacity of 28 shells) that features the following parameters:
gun elevation angle: 18.3 deg.
gun depression angle: 3 deg.
dispersion at 100 m: 0.44
reload time: 11.1 s
aiming time: 2.5 s

Parameters of the shells are as follows:
UBR-471: damage 390, penetration 210 mm
BR-471D: damage 390, penetration 248 mm
UOF-471: damage 530, penetration 64 mm

Decreased dispersion during movement of the SU-101 suspension by 33%
Decreased dispersion during movement of the SU-102 suspension by 37%
Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the SU-101 suspension by 33%
Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the SU-102 suspension by 37%
Changed the traverse speed of the SU-101 suspension from 34 deg./s to 23 deg./s
Changed the traverse speed of the SU-102 suspension from 36 deg./s to 25 deg./s
Changed dispersion of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 0.35 m to 0.4 m
Changed dispersion of the 100 mm D-54S gun from 0.35 m to 0.39 m
Changed dispersion of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 0.37 m to 0.42 m
Increased dispersion on gun traverse of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun by 25%
Increased dispersion on gun traverse of the 100 mm D-54S gun by 25%
Decreased dispersion on gun traverse of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 25%
Changed the reload time of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 6.2 s to 7.1 s
Changed the reload time of the 100 mm D-54S gun from 6.7 s to 9.1 s
Changed the reload time of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 12 s to 12.6 s
Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 1.7 s to 2.3 s
Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm D-54S gun from 2.1 s to 2.3 s
Changed the aiming time of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 3.1 s to 2.5 s
Changed the view range from 380 m to 350 m
Changed the gun traverse speed from 44 deg./s to 26 deg./s
Improved hull armoring
Decreased the velocity of the UOF-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 10%
Decreased the velocity of the BR-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 10%
Decreased the velocity of the BK-9 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 8%
Changed the gun depression angle of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 2.3 to 3 deg.
Changed the gun depression angle of the 100 mm D-54S gun from 2.3 to 3 deg.
Changed the gun depression angle of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 2.2 to 3 deg.
Changed the gun traverse angles of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 and 100 mm D-54S gun guns from -9.3 /9.3 to -10/12 deg.
Changed the gun traverse angles of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from -7.3/7.3 to -10/12 deg.
Changed the reverse speed from 16 km/h to 18 km/h
Changed the vehicle durability from 990 to 1100 HPs

SU-100M1

Decreased dispersion during movement of the SU-100M1 suspension by 30%
Decreased dispersion during movement of the SU-100M1 Bis suspension by 33%
Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the SU-100M1 suspension by 30%
Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the SU-100M1 Bis suspension by 33%
Changed the traverse speed of the SU-100M1 suspension from 32 deg./s to 23 deg./s
Changed the traverse speed of the SU-100M1 Bis suspension from 34 deg./s to 25 deg./s
Changed dispersion of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 0.37 m to 0.42 m
Changed dispersion of the 100 mm LB-1C gun from 0.33 m to 0.41 m
Increased dispersion on gun traverse of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun by 25%
Decreased dispersion on gun traverse of the 100 mm LB-1C gun by 25%
Changed the reload time of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 7.3 s to 7.1 s
Changed the reload time of the 100 mm LB-1C gun from 5.9 s to 7.1 s
Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 gun from 2 s to 2.3 s
Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm LB-1C gun from 1.7 s to 2.3 s
Changed the view range from 360 m to 350 m
Changed the gun traverse speed from 44 deg./s to 26 deg./s
Improved hull armoring
Changed penetration of the UBR-412P shell for the 100 mm LB-1C gun from 235 mm to 258 mm
Changed penetration of the UBR-412 shell for the 100 mm LB-1С gun from 183 mm to 212 mm
Changed the gun traverse angles of the 100 mm D-10S mod. 1944 and 100 mm LB-1С guns from -8 /8 to -12/12 deg.
Changed the top speed from 50 km/h to 54 km/h
Changed the reverse speed from 14 km/h to 16 km/h
Changed the vehicle durability from 830 to 850 HPs

:psypop::wtc: Those armour improvements better be loving spectacular.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 11, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I hope the Object 430 replacement keeps the loving ridiculous amount of Camo the Object 430 has. That was the whole reason I went down that line :(

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Why are they getting rid of the 430? It was never considered op or underpowered even when it was first released.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

JuffoWup posted:

Why are they getting rid of the 430? It was never considered op or underpowered even when it was first released.

wargaming does weird and unnecessary poo poo

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cartoon posted:

Everything is OK about the T25/2 except the gun handling which is garbage. Compared to the T67 it is a total skunk. I get the feeling it was nerfed at some point recently because many people's recollections of it are far too rose tinted. I've fully aimed shots at the ground and had then go over the tank I was hoping to hit.

I played it within the last few months and didn't have too much trouble. It has 0.36 dispersion and 1.7 aim time stock and not completely tragic soft stats. The pen and alpha are pretty meh however.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

:psypop::wtc: Those armour improvements better be loving spectacular.

So did they buff the SU101?
Increased HP and better gun handling on the 122 can only be good.
Unless they took away the M62 and killed off the tank.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hellsau posted:

wargaming does weird and unnecessary poo poo

No kidding. Have you seen the upcoming USSR tech tree? There's 2-3 lines which stop at tier 8 or 9, and the whole tree looks so cluttered and mashed together now. It honestly feels like either some dude in charge of adding new tanks quit half way through and they just need to publish what they have, or some deadline is a hard limit and they didn't have all the lines done yet. They also announced the bad TD line being changed, cancelled that change, and have now out it back in again.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

JuffoWup posted:

Not getting rid of it, per se: moving it to tier 9 and applying some sorts of nerfs, and putting in a new 430 part 2.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Darkrenown posted:

No kidding. Have you seen the upcoming USSR tech tree? There's 2-3 lines which stop at tier 8 or 9, and the whole tree looks so cluttered and mashed together now. It honestly feels like either some dude in charge of adding new tanks quit half way through and they just need to publish what they have, or some deadline is a hard limit and they didn't have all the lines done yet. They also announced the bad TD line being changed, cancelled that change, and have now out it back in again.

Stopping at tier 9 isn't a bad thing imo.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Stopping at tier 9 isn't a bad thing imo.

i agree, but i'll also note that WG have/had a policy of not adding any lines that couldn't end in a T10 (and at the time, T8 for LTs/SPGs) that's stood for many years

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I heard you like Russian Mediums so have 200 more russian mediums and also the tier 10's are going to go to tier 9 with only slight nerfs because +2 matchmaking lol.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
So I came back to play a few games and discovered that the IS-7 is great now. And the E-100 less so. Everything is powercreeping. Also the french Tier 10 heavy is abysmally bad. Gold pen is about the same as the E50m NORMAL pen.

I like being completely ineffective against mauses and the like.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Saint Celestine posted:

So I came back to play a few games and discovered that the IS-7 is great now. And the E-100 less so. Everything is powercreeping. Also the french Tier 10 heavy is abysmally bad. Gold pen is about the same as the E50m NORMAL pen.

I like being completely ineffective against mauses and the like.

The 130mm is a trap, use the 120mm.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Stat Blah blah blah - Day who gives a gently caress?

Had a great night and only won once. Things are look up!

On main account had a terrible night and lost a lot, Things suck.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Use the holiday discount to buy the Obj 416 V2. Not going to use it (for now) but I figured before they change the tree I may as well get it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cardiac posted:

So did they buff the SU101?
Increased HP and better gun handling on the 122 can only be good.
Unless they took away the M62 and killed off the tank.

• Changed the traverse speed of the SU-102 suspension from 36 deg./s to 25 deg./s 
  • Changed dispersion of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 0.37 m to 0.42 m 
  • Changed the reload time of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 12 s to 12.6 s 
  • Changed the view range from 380 m to 350 m 
  • Changed the gun traverse speed from 44 deg./s to 26 deg./s  
  • Decreased the velocity of the UOF-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 10% 
  • Decreased the velocity of the BR-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 10% 
  • Decreased the velocity of the BK-9 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 8% 

It's blind, can't turn, has lovely accuracy and DPM, and lower shell speed. The only way these changes could be considered a buff is if the armour is increased enough to make it totally invulnerable from the front.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 12, 2018

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I just got 115 crates... I'm embarrassed to admit this.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

moolchaba posted:

I just got 115 crates... I'm embarrassed to admit this.

Congratulations on your Type-59, you can now dunk on Argrajag or whatever his name is who doesn't have one.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Congratulations on your Type-59, you can now dunk on Argrajag or whatever his name is who doesn't have one.

Top reward would be a T26E5 or E25. BUT WE ALL KNOW I"LL GET CONSUMABLES!

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

The 130mm is a trap, use the 120mm.

Yeah but then why would you play it at all when the Super Conq is worlds better.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Saint Celestine posted:

Yeah but then why would you play it at all when the Super Conq is worlds better.

The tier 9 is great even with no pen

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Speaking of pen the tier 9 chinese td has jpe gold pen

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Celestine posted:

the tier 10 french heavy is garbage, and you shouldn't play it at all

It was painful watching skill4ltu do his 3 marks

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
I got a Lorraine 40t yesterday in a 3 box pack I picked up to top up gold. Now I have only just gotten Tier 6 tanks through the tech tree so I was a little excited to get a chance to have a shot at a Tier 8.

What a pile of steaming garbage. I stayed back in a support role as it seems the armour is like paper. The accuracy at increased ranges seems to be shocking and the autoloader reload times are a bit over the top. After a few ranged misses I tried a few ambushes and the clip seems to be too small to finish off pretty much anything, leaving you in close proximity to enemy tanks with a hefty reload time.

I'm guessing the best application is to trail behind a pack and basically sneak out and contribute when they engage. It was quite underwhelming.

On the plus side it has reasonable gun depression and speed, but the bloom from the slightest movement is huge.

What am I doing wrong? (Apart from.being sub par in general)

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

It's blind, can't turn, has lovely accuracy and DPM, and lower shell speed. The only way these changes could be considered a buff is if the armour is increased enough to make it totally invulnerable from the front.

Was in the phone so I couldn’t read that well.
Holy gently caress it is useless now, where most of the good things are gone. At least I am through it before the nerfs.

Emnity posted:

What am I doing wrong? (Apart from.being sub par in general)

Easy, don’t play tier8s until you have grinded up one.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That Object 263 was always a pain to grind trough with mostly horrible poo poo tanks and it looks like WG has no clue why they are so loving poo poo. The rear turreted medium tank tree makes for better TDs.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

McGavin posted:

• Changed the traverse speed of the SU-102 suspension from 36 deg./s to 25 deg./s 
  • Changed dispersion of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 0.37 m to 0.42 m 
  • Changed the reload time of the 122 mm M62-C2 gun from 12 s to 12.6 s 
  • Changed the view range from 380 m to 350 m 
  • Changed the gun traverse speed from 44 deg./s to 26 deg./s  
  • Decreased the velocity of the UOF-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 10% 
  • Decreased the velocity of the BR-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 10% 
  • Decreased the velocity of the BK-9 shell for the 122 mm M62-C2 gun by 8% 

Hmm, not many people are playing the lovely USSR TD line. Let's buff them a bit and give them the big guns we removed in testing. Oh, people are still not playing it much? Let's try nerfing them into the ground and taking a big poo poo on top of their mutilated corpse! :bravo:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cartoon posted:

My Spanish is bad but it starts:

You suck dicks. You are your Mother's vagina.

I understood most of what he wrote, but my comment was that you aren't a Yankee and he doesn't know it. :ssh:

serious gaylord posted:

I hope we get another directors cut like his foch 155 vid.

I enjoyed watching that a lot.

Circon is legit one of the most fun streamers, and I loving loved his Foch 155 HE Director's Cut. :3:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
My clanmate got a Lorr.40t and a Type 59 out of a single 3x box pack and I am super loving jealous.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Azhais posted:

the tier 10 french heavy is garbage, and you shouldn't play it at all

It was painful watching skill4ltu do his 3 marks

I googled the guy to maybe find a VOD of him playing it, but the channel was live and I watched the guy play a game in his Object 140. I assumed the guy was reasonably good, so I was surprised by his choices in the match, but initially still assumed he knew what he was doing, believing I was watching a Unicum-type of player. The more I watch, the more I notice blatantly dumb gameplay, and it doesn't occur to me until 5 minutes in that it's not the Twitch-dude himself, but him hosting a guy named "stewiejp"

Dude has recorded stats on 364 tanks, and improved his WN8 by 250 in the last 25,000 games. His winrate shot up to a whopping 48.8 in the same time frame. Good lord.

/edit: He just solo-pushed across the middle crest on mines in his 260, while proclaiming how good its armor was, then proceeded to take lethal damage within maybe 3 seconds. :lol:

Emnity posted:

I got a Lorraine 40t yesterday in a 3 box pack I picked up to top up gold. Now I have only just gotten Tier 6 tanks through the tech tree so I was a little excited to get a chance to have a shot at a Tier 8.

What a pile of steaming garbage.

:stare:

/edit2:
Okay, the actual skill4ltu is pretty funny. He's answering questions for best pancake toppings from twitch chat while solo-plowing across the western flank on Erlenberg in a Lorraine 40t and whistling some russian tunes and saying "GUYZ I'M SORRY, THIS TANK IS MAKING SMILE ON MY FACE" in the most :3: eastern accent.

/edit3: "CykaPershing" :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 12, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So the Russians get a Fury of their own now?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Skill's main claim to fame is that he has every single tank 3 marked. He currently on a quest to 100% everything instead of that plebian 95% you need for making.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Cardiac posted:

Easy, don’t play tier8s until you have grinded up one.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but it doesn't really give me much information.

What significant changes are there between tier 6 and tier 8 mechanics that make that statement relavant? Apart from 'experience son..'

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Emnity posted:

I'm guessing the best application is to trail behind a pack and basically sneak out and contribute when they engage. It was quite underwhelming.

You've already stated the basic way to play the Lorr with the above. So either you just don't like the play style or you don't have the experience to be pulling it off right.

Don't underestimate the value of killing off a tank with 70% hp while they reload, or taking advantage of small periods that allow you to sneak in 3 or 4 shots while no one is paying attention to you.

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

Emnity posted:

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but it doesn't really give me much information.

What significant changes are there between tier 6 and tier 8 mechanics that make that statement relavant? Apart from 'experience son..'

Use the reload time to read the map and move around to best support the team.
Take opportunity shots when enemy tanks are stunned or aiming at your teammates.
Don't trade damage with enemy tanks and don't trap yourself in a position where the enemy can swarm you while you reload.
Use a Vertical Stabilizer to deal with the bloom.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

BadLlama posted:

You've already stated the basic way to play the Lorr with the above. So either you just don't like the play style or you don't have the experience to be pulling it off right.

Don't underestimate the value of killing off a tank with 70% hp while they reload, or taking advantage of small periods that allow you to sneak in 3 or 4 shots while no one is paying attention to you.

Thank you, normally so far I have preferred heavy tanks and my precursor to heavy tanks was the Mathilda (before swapping to Russian Heavies). It is perhaps a playstyle thing as you say.

I will play around with it a little more nontheless.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Regardless of what you think of Quickybaby, this one's kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egTeudHVSMg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Emnity posted:

A bunch like armor, learning to trade effectively and dealing with tier 10s.
But my comment has more to do with all the players that start by getting a tier8 tank before they are ready and proceed to poo poo up higher tiers.