Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

I got 21k BP back from the reimbursement, looking forward to uncrating a bunch of new red t-shirts over the coming weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Matazat posted:

I got 21k BP back from the reimbursement, looking forward to uncrating a bunch of new red t-shirts over the coming weeks

sell your crates and use that money either towards other games on steam or cool video game pixel poo poo that you will never unlock by unboxing crates yourself

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Matazat posted:

What was this all about? I saw people in the discord talking about it, but I received nothing so I assume it had something to do with playing and spending BP during a particular time frame or something?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
There was an error where when you died, zero BP was being given to you. Apparently they had all the data to hand out the right amount of BP to people who were getting zero. I play this game too much and only got 6,000 :shrug:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

DrNutt posted:

What was this all about? I saw people in the discord talking about it, but I received nothing so I assume it had something to do with playing and spending BP during a particular time frame or something?

There was a period where no BP was awarded. They're reimbursing it now. I believe it was around christmas.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Wasn’t it a specifically FPP only thing too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Parallel Playa posted:

There was a period where no BP was awarded. They're reimbursing it now. I believe it was around christmas.

Aww drat those were the dark times where I wasn't playing.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I don't think you get more BP than you missed out on anyway, but I might be wrong

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
This is my argument for using a suppressor. This is me getting hosed by a Suppressed SCAR. I'm sure a better player would have been able to find the sound sooner, but all I could hear was the bullets flying by my head and hitting the ground.

Feel free to critique my lovely play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RcgHcZcDG8

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

daslog posted:

This is my argument for using a suppressor. This is me getting hosed by a Suppressed SCAR. I'm sure a better player would have been able to find the sound sooner, but all I could hear was the bullets flying by my head and hitting the ground.

You saw where the bullet hit the tree, you should know the opposite side is probably the safest...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

You saw where the bullet hit the tree, you should know the opposite side is probably the safest...

They did (try to) take cover there.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

VulgarandStupid posted:

I did, but in some point in my career I lost confidence in the bullet marks from bullets being accurate.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah they culd be hacker bullets that go through the tree, too

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

daslog posted:

~175? Seems like there's a dude on the crest of the hill, but it's hard to see. You could definitely hear the shots coming from the south rather than north/west, though. Also, holy poo poo that guy is bad.

e: the numbers on the compass suck when you're not directly looking at them

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 12, 2018

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Worst thing in this game when you are playing with a group is how much people get focused on loot when you know you have enemies close to you. Then you end up just becoming a valuable pinata for the other team to loot because they were getting into good positions while our team just HAD to have a fully kitted SR before they can think of engaging an enemy and was making a poo poo load of noise running inside buildings opening doors.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

keyframe posted:

Worst thing in this game when you are playing with a group is how much people get focused on loot when you know you have enemies close to you. Then you end up just becoming a valuable pinata for the other team to loot because they were getting into good positions while our team just HAD to have a fully kitted SR before they can think of engaging an enemy and was making a poo poo load of noise running inside buildings opening doors.

Loot goblining just makes the rest of the game very intense since you sunk 30 minutes in to a game and haven't seen another player yet.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
This was a satisfying game:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlluringSincereWolverineAMPEnergyCherry
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingMoralTapirTriHard

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
https://gfycat.com/AromaticCreativeHuemul

Just had this happen, barely took any damage from it too.
I love the jankiness of vehicles in this game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

jokes posted:

Loot goblining just makes the rest of the game very intense since you sunk 30 minutes in to a game and haven't seen another player yet.

Well on the flip side all the great positioning in the world isn't going to save my rear end when I go to shoot a man with an uzi and he turns, and lights me up with an M4 and kills me in .2 seconds. There's definitely a very fine line between loot goblining and making sure that you're equipped enough for the road.

Like you gotta have an ar and some type of sights to be competitive in the midgame bare minimum. Once you got that you can pretty much take what you need from everyone else.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

What is considered "High ELO" in this game? Is it based off the ingame leaderboard or some 3rd party (NA FPP)?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
It's based on the in-game leaderboards but it really doesn't say much. It's pretty easy to climb and my experience is that I never noticed a difference in other players' skill between when I played seriously and was top 50 and now, where I gently caress around and am 'just' top 10%. It feels like there's really only two brackets: new players and not-new players. The consistency with which people manage to stream snipe kinda seems to confirm that notion as well. Going for rank can be a fun way to push yourself though, although honestly it does wear you out after a while.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 12, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Parallel Playa posted:

It's based on the in-game leaderboards but it really doesn't say much. It's pretty easy to climb and my experience is that I never noticed a difference in other players' skill between when I played seriously and was top 50 and now, where I gently caress around and am 'just' top 10%. It feels like there's really only two brackets: new players and not-new players. Going for rank can be a fun way to push yourself though, although honestly it does wear you out after a while.

I really enjoyed when the game defaulted me to AS after the patch and I played the whole game wondering 1) why I was dealing with so much loving lag and 2) how in the hell I got like 9 kills and a top 5 solo fpp finish.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Always put a suppressor on your S12K.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rarbatrol posted:

Always put a 8x scope and suppressor on your S12K.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rarbatrol posted:

Always put a suppressor on your S12K.

it is a very big barrel when you do that

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

daslog posted:

When you hear a crack, it sounds 90 degrees to the plane the that the bullets are on. When you see the bullets hit the trees and ground, you can tell which direction they are in. With both of those, you can figure out roughly +-10 degrees where he is. If you cant hear the gunshots over the crack, it means they are very close, this is true for both supressed and unsupressed.

Its easier with practice, and if you have headphones with a wide soundstage. Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I got 6th place and 3 kills. I'm happy.

What a game.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

underage at the vape shop posted:

Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

I offer you this term: "audiophiles". But I guess it isn't quit the same thing.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

I got 6th place and 3 kills. I'm happy.

What a game.

You lost that game fyi

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well I got to use the Mk14 today, rocked it with a 4x and domed some clueless motherfuckers. Didn't win but it was a hell of a time and I am a big fan. That thing is a laser beam compared to the SKS or the Mini, which makes sense given it's an extremely rare crate drop. The best part is that we stumbled on the crate drop by accident and killed the single guy looking it with a silenced vector.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I'd say silencers are really only somewhat useful in solo, as soon as you are playing duo or squad they are useless because you can never find enough of them to have the whole team with them and therefore compensator is best in that case.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Le0 posted:

I'd say silencers are really only somewhat useful in solo, as soon as you are playing duo or squad they are useless because you can never find enough of them to have the whole team with them and therefore compensator is best in that case.

No.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

When you hear a crack, it sounds 90 degrees to the plane the that the bullets are on. When you see the bullets hit the trees and ground, you can tell which direction they are in. With both of those, you can figure out roughly +-10 degrees where he is. If you cant hear the gunshots over the crack, it means they are very close, this is true for both supressed and unsupressed.

Its easier with practice, and if you have headphones with a wide soundstage. Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

You can clearly hear the suppressed gun rapport coming from the south in that video, at least in my earbuds here at work. There is definitely a difference in headphones and how well you can hear in this game though. My duo partner can't hear for poo poo and I have to point out where people are shooting us from a lot of the time.
His headphones are using USB which means it will have some software built in right? Could this mean that his headphones might need a driver and that he has cocked that up somehow?

Le0 posted:

Haven't started using your teammates as bait yet I see?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 12, 2018

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Le0 posted:

lets just suppose you cant find enough, if you have 1 or 2 guys with a suppressor you can pull off some gnarly flanks and baits if the unsuppressed players have any guts and the guy with the suppressor has any balls.

that being said, these things come in bunches. In squad games we're almost always comped out and if we have a suppressor we probably have 2 or 3 or 4 between various classes of guns.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jerkface posted:

lets just suppose you cant find enough, if you have 1 or 2 guys with a suppressor you can pull off some gnarly flanks and baits if the unsuppressed players have any guts and the guy with the suppressor has any balls.

that being said, these things come in bunches. In squad games we're almost always comped out and if we have a suppressor we probably have 2 or 3 or 4 between various classes of guns.

I don' know about your squad games but when I play there is rarely enough coordination/enough fucks given for only the suppressed people to shoot. Also we generally gently caress around a lot (shooting at each other, destroying each others cars, etc.) in the mid game where long range battles would happen. So we can probably be heard from a mile away anyway a lot of the time.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Yeah, exactly. Everyone who's against suppressors is assuming a 1vs1 situation where the target is alert and ready to listen to your silenced shots straight away, but a lot of times you'll be shooting at the same time as other people and it's a lot harder to spot the silenced shots behind you when you're focusing on the unsilenced enemy in front of you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I don' know about your squad games but when I play there is rarely enough coordination/enough fucks given for only the suppressed people to shoot. Also we generally gently caress around a lot (shooting at each other, destroying each others cars, etc.) in the mid game where long range battles would happen. So we can probably be heard from a mile away anyway a lot of the time.

Eh we play to win but still have enough fun loving around with friendly fire flashes and memes. We have 3 players in the top 300 squad fpp right now. You just need to be on the same page when it counts.

For example if everyone is shooting see if your suppressor cant take a wide flank and nail enemy team if they advance or bust their cover. Or rotate your squad and leave the suppressed guy behind to surprise the enemy squad.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Eh we play to win but still have enough fun loving around with friendly fire flashes and memes. We have 3 players in the top 300 squad fpp right now. You just need to be on the same page when it counts.

For example if everyone is shooting see if your suppressor cant take a wide flank and nail enemy team if they advance or bust their cover. Or rotate your squad and leave the suppressed guy behind to surprise the enemy squad.

I don't think a suppressor is needed to do any of that and if your flanker needs a suppressor to win the fight he needs to shoot better :cheeky:

I agree though, if you can get the coordination going that is of course ideal but since we often squad with a few different people in the 3rd and 4th slot I doubt we will ever get to where "only suppressed people shoot" will be followed a majority of the time. Mostly cause we if you hit that sick Kar shot it would be " totally worth it, right"? Which I kind of agree with. We have a semi-casual approach and we win often enough for that to be the most fun I think. Winning a game where you have been having extra fun along the way is great.

And ofc there is a time and a place to gently caress around. It was a little exaggerated though we did win a game yesterday where 3 of our vehicles were intentionally shot by a teammate along the way.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Mash posted:

You lost that game fyi

Oh my god didn't know, guess I didn't get my "chicken dinner" as they say on reddit lmao amirite

(is that what you wanted?)