Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

George posted:

I think GGG should definitely do something for people with accessibility issues.

ya give them a link to diablo 3 (ps3 version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

12 rats tied together posted:

With AHK you could either screen scrape the health/ES globe or just read memory directly for your health value and then, yeah, trigger button presses based on it which would probably get you super banned. People definitely do it though so :shrug:

Yeah from what I've seen there's even streamers who do this, or use screen-scrape auto-logout in Hardcore. At that point why would I go through more pains to set that up in AHK when I found something that works. There's bannable and there's allowed, not really anything between.

SpacePope posted:

It's far from perfect, but it works well for PoE. I use the mouse for the passive tree and moving items around, but general gameplay, from leveling to mapping, works perfectly. There's some skills that are a bit more annoying to use with it, but at least it lets me play painfree. As for the Xbox, it's kinda dumb that they don't simply enable an option to use the xbox interface/controller . Sure, not everything works with it, but it'd be better than nothing.

Also, side question, is there game that plays like Diablo, but is actually a controller-based twin-stick game where you can move and attack independently? In particular when I played Bastion, my first thought was "if this was done online like Diablo / PoE I'd never stop playing it".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

borderlands is that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah from what I've seen there's even streamers who do this, or use screen-scrape auto-logout in Hardcore.

Both of these are bannable and if anyone is dumb enough to stream it they get banned. It happens all the time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

remember when ziz got banned within like half an hour for typing 12345 by accident

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheRat posted:

I think they should cave and make vacuum-looting. Bots autoloot anyway so real players are the only ones suffering.
I miss my Marvel Heroes currency proximity auto-slurp so much.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

borderlands is that.

I've beaten all the Borderlands games actually and that is my jam, though their humor/writing is pretty cringey.

But a top-down twin-stick would own, as Bastion demonstrated. I'd love that over an FPS.

You know what else was awesome, Dungeon Fighter before Nexon folded on it and nuked all my characters, and Phantasy Star Online 2 which plays like Diablo May Cry, I had a blast with that before they decided to region-lock it.

So yeah I guess I've played Diablo in just about every cross-genre imaginable.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

I think they added gamepad compatibility to one of the last Grim Dawn patches. Didn't ever get into it though, the skills are a bit boring compared to PoE.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grim dawn auto aims which is cool.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

grim dawn has no movement skills or quicksilvers and everything is so slow i never want to play it again

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Huh, I'm surprised I've never heard of Grim Dawn but I see it's from some ex Iron Lore employees, they're good people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Huh, I'm surprised I've never heard of Grim Dawn but I see it's from some ex Iron Lore employees, they're good people.

It's def worth a play through but it's not a AAAA game imho.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zero VGS posted:

you can cheat as much as you want in that one so it might be right up your alley

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll take all of your unwanted steam controllers, they own

and stop being little poo poo narcs about the guy's fuckin flask macros, I'm cringing over here

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

I'll take all of your unwanted steam controllers, they own

and stop being little poo poo narcs about the guy's fuckin flask macros, I'm cringing over here

No one's said anything about narcing. The poo poo he linked gets automatically detected and banned. We've got first hand testimony in this very thread.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

you can cheat as much as you want in that one so it might be right up your alley

C'mon man, I don't wanna but I don't have much choice. If I was on a power-trip I wouldn't be casually playing SSF a month late into a league. I just want to enjoy all the new content and not rush.

Honestly, I hope no one here ever gets RSI cause it's loving terrifying. I've been playing games for hours a day since I was 3, I've been a professional game tester for years where I've actually done some 48-hour shifts, and finally it was Destiny 2 of all lovely things that triggered this a few months ago. I'm just getting old I guess and have to start respecting those health breaks I ignored Nintendo telling me about for the past 30 years.

TheRat posted:

No one's said anything about narcing. The poo poo he linked gets automatically detected and banned. We've got first hand testimony in this very thread.

Yes, that's fair. Their own page and forums concensus seemed to be "yeah we had this happen a few years back but nothing since" but if there's people in this thread who've gotten hosed by it then by all means call me out. For me it's a last resort. You saw me asking about it a week ago and I tried toughing it out but I had to stop and find something last night for flasks.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Can't believe you fuckers sometimes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
apparently they took out the injection a few years back but still wouldnt touch it. Why do you need the game to press your flasks for you based on hp caused from it being hard to do on your own with RSI? Can you not just setup a macro and hit one button when your hp drops below what you like?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

Yes, that's fair. Their own page and forums concensus seemed to be "yeah we had this happen a few years back but nothing since" but if there's people in this thread who've gotten hosed by it then by all means call me out. For me it's a last resort. You saw me asking about it a week ago and I tried toughing it out but I had to stop and find something last night for flasks.

I don't think anyone has an issue with you using it at your own peril, it was more the advertising of some rather risky business that got people hotheaded.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

apparently they took out the injection a few years back but still wouldnt touch it. Why do you need the game to press your flasks for you based on hp caused from it being hard to do on your own with RSI? Can you not just setup a macro and hit one button when your hp drops below what you like?

Sorry if this sounds like B.S. but I'm a lefty, it's my left wrist that's hosed, so I'm crossing my right hand over to use the mouse (my mouse choice is hilariously limited being a lefty, with a SO in the same room who is annoyed by Diablo-clicking, so I have the one silent-click ambidextrous mouse model in the world and it's only three buttons), and the way the game dumps surprise damage there's no way to cross my other hand over fast enough. I tried and I'm still constantly moving my keyboard around on the desk and leave my left hand fingers glued to the keys which bothers my wrist even more than using the mouse.

Maybe if I mapped all the potions to the Space Bar and got fast enough to just smash at the thing, but at some point you gotta say this is a loving stupid mechanic that is loving with my real life body mechanics.

Go check the military subforum and you'll see I'm officially a 70% gimpy disabled vet, I gotta put ergonomics a little over ethics.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

my keyboard has very small 1 2 3 4 5 buttons that I can easily press all at once with my enormous index finger, as far as I know this is not actionable

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Get a belkin nostromo gamepad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

euphronius posted:

Get a belkin nostromo gamepad.

be sure to get the n52 because it "Cranks up the juice with advanced options to dominate your game "

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8GFPC100-Nostromo-Speedpad-n52/dp/B0000DC643

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

be sure to get the n52 because it "Cranks up the juice with advanced options to dominate your game "

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8GFPC100-Nostromo-Speedpad-n52/dp/B0000DC643

That one is great best. It hasn't been made in years tho. The replacement is good too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zero VGS posted:

Honestly, I hope no one here ever gets RSI cause it's loving terrifying. I've been playing games for hours a day since I was 3, I've been a professional game tester for years where I've actually done some 48-hour shifts, and finally it was Destiny 2 of all lovely things that triggered this a few months ago. I'm just getting old I guess and have to start respecting those health breaks I ignored Nintendo telling me about for the past 30 years.
I got RSI from work over a decade ago, and managing it is all about the ergonomics. A lot of forearm support, and proper seating height goes much much farther than taking a break.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I always feel like I'm "done" with a character after beating act 10. I feel like there's only ~15 more levels of skill points for me to play with, realistically, and my build is starting to feel weak anyway... What should be my motivation to do maps?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

Other than a helmet enchant and maybe taste of hate, do I need any more gear for this character?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

baby puzzle posted:

I always feel like I'm "done" with a character after beating act 10. I feel like there's only ~15 more levels of skill points for me to play with, realistically, and my build is starting to feel weak anyway... What should be my motivation to do maps?

you get to stomp mobs with your cool completed character

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

baby puzzle posted:

Maps are fun, and with crazy mods can be quite difficult as well. You also have the end-game boss fights of Shaper + his Guardians and the Elder + his Guardians.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Go play a double Beyond map with a Breach in it :black101:

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I guess idk how to make my dude do that stuff. Now I'm using Arctic Breath with a Bitterdream and it was very strong for leveling but now things are slowing down and I'm not sure where to go from here. There is only so much spell damage remaining on the tree, not that I can afford to get it. How do you get end-game damage with spells?

Well, I guess this claims I still have 32 points remaining, but I doubt I have the patience to level that high.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...rName=IcyCaster

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

baby puzzle posted:

Now I'm using Arctic Breath with a Bitterdream and it was very strong for leveling but now things are slowing down and I'm not sure where to go from here.

I think I found the problem

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

arctic breath is more of a defensive skill than an offensive one in my experience

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I'm waiting for the arctic breath threshold jewel that makes it the meta skill of choice in 3.2

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
All three of my previous Elder kills have dropped a jewel for me. Wish I had the same luck with lichs and their 2 socket drops, 17 kills and zero so far

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I'm playing a summoner necromancer & I finally re-tooled my setup after completing act V. I threw warlords mark in my curse on hit-ball lightning link, but I'm gravitating towards enfeeble because I'm HC SSF and I really don't want to die. I keep shifting between those two and flammability, but with EE I'm already at 0% resist, right? Just looking for some advice.

Also, I found a poet's pen, so I'll probably want to do that on a character after this one, is it worth it to do a build with only one? They go for 30+C, but is that just because they're the new hotness, or are they pretty rare drops?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Chakan posted:

I'm playing a summoner necromancer & I finally re-tooled my setup after completing act V. I threw warlords mark in my curse on hit-ball lightning link, but I'm gravitating towards enfeeble because I'm HC SSF and I really don't want to die. I keep shifting between those two and flammability, but with EE I'm already at 0% resist, right? Just looking for some advice.

Also, I found a poet's pen, so I'll probably want to do that on a character after this one, is it worth it to do a build with only one? They go for 30+C, but is that just because they're the new hotness, or are they pretty rare drops?

That could be like, 5 different skills at a minimum, and I'm not sure any of them really care about warlords mark. Enfeeble or temp chains for survivability (maybe in a blasphemy setup so it's always on when things are nearby), or proj weakness/flammability/vulnerability for offense depending on what exactly you're summoning.

EE and a curse can stack as far as I know too, nothing wrong there.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Map stash tab is for sale for the first time, 120 points

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jusupov posted:

Map stash tab is for sale for the first time, 120 points

Hell yeah. Checked earlier and it was just armor stuff. Time to spend some monies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

They should just let you bind as many flasks as you want to the same button on the in-game keybinds. A macro that pushes 12345 technically being against the rules is dumb as gently caress.