Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"The Pauper's Waistcoat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Watching for the Postman on Valentine's Day"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Bravado of a Reluctant Volunteer, The"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pastry of the Year posted:

"The Pauper's Waistcoat"

Would. Double "would" if the eggs are pickled.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

"Watching for the Postman on Valentine's Day"

I initially read that as date food for watching the Kevin Costner movie and was slightly less confused.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

taste the rainbow

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
No.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

taste the rainbow

So, apparently none of you are Southern then.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Samizdata posted:

So, apparently none of you are Southern then.
the civil war was a mistake, we should have banished them when we had the chance

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Born and raised. But I'm also not a horrible garbage bag that has been animated by a bogbayou witch.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

taste the rainbow

I draw the line at the grape pickle.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just after it for me.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

taste the rainbow
:randno:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
xpost tech bubbel thread, on a digression about pizza hut

Sagebrush posted:

yeah that blew my mind too

went to one in shanghai (looked just like that, with the spiral staircase) and sat upstairs in the dining room with faint music and ordered a pizza with green beans and corn on it and the waiter brought the pizza out and served it slice by slice to each of us at the table

e: was good in india too. not as fancy but the same odd pizza toppings. i don't know why we don't put corn on pizza here, it's great

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

taste the rainbow

I absolutely would. I am so curious.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bob dobbs is dead posted:

xpost tech bubbel thread, on a digression about pizza hut

pizza parliament at least... please?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I absolutely would. I am so curious.

Come to the Souf of the USA, especially the delta of Mississippi. That there is a koolickle and can be had for less than a dollar at many gas stations.

Not AFP: Mississippi Hot Tamales, also sold at many a gas station

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Any southern food that isn't spicy is overly sweet or flavorless garbage. Shoofly pie is somehow both. It's literally just a pie crust full of molasses.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Come to the Souf of the USA, especially the delta of Mississippi. That there is a koolickle and can be had for less than a dollar at many gas stations.

Not AFP: Mississippi Hot Tamales, also sold at many a gas station

Would. I miss when I lived back in California and the tamale guy would come door to door...

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Samizdata posted:

Would. I miss when I lived back in California and the tamale guy would come door to door...

Oddly enough Mississippi Hot Tamales are different than many Mexican or Tex-Mex tamales. They contain cornmeal rather than masa, are usually smaller, and are simmered in a spicy broth rather than steamed.

There's some argument as to their origin. Some say they came up with Mexican workers in the cotton fields in the early 20th century, others say it's a variation of a local native American dish.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

rodbeard posted:

Any southern food that isn't spicy is overly sweet or flavorless garbage. Shoofly pie is somehow both. It's literally just a pie crust full of molasses.
Shoofly Pie is a Pennsylvania Dutch thing and originated in Philadelphia.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

Poor Ranaconda, never getting a non-redtext avatar again.

I drat sure am not spending five bucks to have it changed within hours again! :randno:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

https://aprilgolightly.com/cinnamon-roll-hot-dog-yogurt-frosting-dip/

Wh...why? :barf:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Most of the time, the buns disappear more quickly than the hot dogs. This can cause issues with my demanding toddler. After yet another trip to the grocery store in the late evening after I have already made dinner, I came up with the idea of grabbing biscuits and cinnamon buns to wrap around the hot dogs as I bake them.
OK, I could see biscuits as a desperation move. But cinnamon rolls? :randno:

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Haifisch posted:

yeah I could do a biscuit dog but a cinnabun dog? :randno:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Randaconda posted:

I drat sure am not spending five bucks to have it changed within hours again! :randno:

Whoever gave you this one underestimated how cute it actually is when you squint at it a little. :) It has charm, like you!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Haifisch posted:

Cinnamon and meat isn't inherently bad but there's so much loving sugar in the dough and then she still puts the icing on mixed with some yogurt. It's just so quintessentially American.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

Cinnamon and meat isn't inherently bad but there's so much loving sugar in the dough and then she still puts the icing on mixed with some yogurt. It's just so quintessentially American.

You have no idea.

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p

My favorite part is the ridiculously wrinkly overcooked hot dogs.

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

The comments on that blog post are amazing. The recipe has touched Chad, and not in a good way.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

It's a sponsored post. Pillsbury paid this woman to write about wrapping cinnamon rolls around hot dogs. Why.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Fashionably Great posted:

It's a sponsored post. Pillsbury paid this woman to write about wrapping cinnamon rolls around hot dogs. Why.

quote:

All ideas and opinions are my own.
They paid her to do something with Pillsbury dough. She just picked cinnamon roll hot dogs for some godforsaken reason.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Oddly enough Mississippi Hot Tamales are different than many Mexican or Tex-Mex tamales. They contain cornmeal rather than masa, are usually smaller, and are simmered in a spicy broth rather than steamed.

There's some argument as to their origin. Some say they came up with Mexican workers in the cotton fields in the early 20th century, others say it's a variation of a local native American dish.

I just love me some tamales, period. But so would, especially as you've described.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

That's not even really a recipe.

(Did you miss where she mentioned it was a sponsored entry by Pillsbury?)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Might be AFP to some, I suppose - I pitted a ton of cherries tonight, and in the end I looked like I just murdered someone. They were super juicy cherries, and I had never worked with cherries before, and I didn't realize their juice looked somewhat like blood.

Cue triggered_by_pomegranates.jpg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cinnamon roll dough apple pie? It looks a little undercooked, but would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manuel Calavera posted:

Cinnamon roll dough apple pie? It looks a little undercooked, but would.

It looks like raw dough, that's why I posted it. :randno: