Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Angry backer who pledged for procedural birds taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jason Sextro posted:

looks like dude is trying, and failing, to match the resplendence of Gary Spivey's hair

Or maybe...

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Brian may's let himself go.....

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Streetroller posted:

Man I gotta be honest.
I don't even think I can take the hate of this poo poo.

It's not that it surprises me or that I can't handle it on a personal level, but it's that those sick individuals are a surrounded by the disabled in their real lives.

This is how they really think? It's disgusting to think about because I've met angels and saints compared to me with disabilities -- and I've seen those people get taken advantage of by assholes like that.

I dropped literal tears for those people. Not trolling, it makes me want to vomit.

Here's the thing; to them you're not a person. At best you're a threat. At worse you're the equivalent of a meme to them. They don't think of your feelings, or your actions, or why (or even if) you care. They only think of you in abstract, easily disregarded terms. Your disability is an easy target, it's part of what makes you unique and therefore it's something about you they can attack. In person they wouldn't say anything; they probably wouldn't even look you in the eye. The fact that you believed so strongly in this that you decided to put yourself out there is amazing. It has nothing to do with who you are, it has nothing to do with your disability, it has everything to do with you being a threat that they need to attack.

The only way to survive is to give them the same consideration that they give you. These aren't sick individuals that really think this way, they're anonymous words hiding behind a screen and a keyboard. They only get power by being acknowledged, which means they only have power if you grant it to them. I'm probably preaching to the choir at this point, but I feel that it needs to be emphasized how unimportant they are until you respond to them. Before you respond, ask yourself "is this response worth empowering the rear end in a top hat who wrote that?" Is it worth rewarding their behavior with acknowledgement? Usually it's not.

I'm rooting for you. I hope you stick it to Chris Roberts and CIG and humiliate the whole lot of them by getting what you're owed. Good luck.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here's the thing; to them you're not a person. At best you're a threat. At worse you're the equivalent of a meme to them. They don't think of your feelings, or your actions, or why (or even if) you care. They only think of you in abstract, easily disregarded terms. Your disability is an easy target, it's part of what makes you unique and therefore it's something about you they can attack. In person they wouldn't say anything; they probably wouldn't even look you in the eye. The fact that you believed so strongly in this that you decided to put yourself out there is amazing. It has nothing to do with who you are, it has nothing to do with your disability, it has everything to do with you being a threat that they need to attack.

The only way to survive is to give them the same consideration that they give you. These aren't sick individuals that really think this way, they're anonymous words hiding behind a screen and a keyboard. They only get power by being acknowledged, which means they only have power if you grant it to them. I'm probably preaching to the choir at this point, but I feel that it needs to be emphasized how unimportant they are until you respond to them. Before you respond, ask yourself "is this response worth empowering the rear end in a top hat who wrote that?" Is it worth rewarding their behavior with acknowledgement? Usually it's not.

I'm rooting for you. I hope you stick it to Chris Roberts and CIG and humiliate the whole lot of them by getting what you're owed. Good luck.

Good words, Beer.

Turn off commenting Streetroller, you're a good guy!
They've shown their true colours and their hosed-up brain damaged lives.
Take a break from it.
The only way to stick it to them, is by following through with your original plan.

pgabz and Beer explain it better!

Dogeh fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 12, 2018

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:same:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

I've been yelling from the rooftops about how lovely the SC community is since 2013. Sorry you're experiencing it.

Yeah, same. Like...I can only imagine how much worse it's gotten since then. Back then at the very least one could still cause some ruckus and get at least 1 thread going, where you didn't have to suffer the assholes. Nowadays I'm p sure they don't care about the 'snowflakes' anymore and just indulge in this crap towards anyone that's an SC hater to the max.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

thatguy posted:

Keeping all the juicy hate comments to yourself is just another step of the transformation into a full-blown Warlord.

Just write that you block them but still carefully read their posts : that's the warlord's path.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

TLDR : n°1 rule since the birth of the internet : don't feed the trolls.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Rule n°2 : be the troll.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zzr posted:

TLDR : n°1 rule since the birth of the internet : don't feed the trolls.

Unfortunately us Trolls seeded that from usenet.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

It sucks rear end to be the target of idiot rage. Derek knows this for sure, I have been there too for other deeds. To some extent we put ourselves out there but these idiots pick us too. The hate and idiocy can be brutal, and it can quickly turn to real toxicity and suffering. It is important to remember that it isn't a battle and you don't have to see this as a fight - think Grosse Pointe Blank where Cusack disables the former bully with "there is no us".

Morons suck rear end but they are morons and you can trust them to be weak and incapable. I know the directed idiocy and hatred is directed at you but why put too much stock in their ability to hurt you when we generally do not put stock in any other effort they undertake. As my mom used to tell many morons "do your damage", most wont have the energy, and the rest are, as Dr. Manhattan might say, as dangerous as the world smartest termite.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

So did CIG announce Mining was pushed back to 3.2 previously? I’m surprised that I’d have missed that.

If not, well, er, surprise! It sounds like it it’s coming in 3.2 not 3.1. Or at least, they’re going to try to get it out by 3.2.

:gary:

Ah, the first step into eventually pushing it back (first basic implementation) to 3.3.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Abuminable posted:

There are several here who are completely obsessed with the guy. Trump Tourette syndrome.

99% of the time it starts with a rip on Trump, and if someone takes issue with it, it’s *their* fault for talking Trump. Right.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Streetroller posted:

Man I gotta be honest.

It's not that it surprises me or that I can't handle it on a personal level, but it's that those sick individuals are a surrounded by the disabled in their real lives.

This is how they really think? It's disgusting to think about because I've met angels and saints compared to me with disabilities -- and I've seen those people get taken advantage of by assholes like that.

I dropped literal tears for those people. Not trolling, it makes me want to vomit.

Realtalk, don't sap your precious time and energy to engage them if those two things are running low on your end. There's wanting to appear you don't care what others think of you (which is every single cultist of SC ever) and actually not caring what others think of you. It's admirable, that you want to keep engaging them at a human level, but just doing that is assigning far too much effort to caring what they think of you. It's the mistake that every one of the cultists that popped into your video to trashtalk you has made: "I don't care what you think anyway, and that's why I need to ad hominem you to death!"

So don't repeat their mistake. Focus on your lawsuit more. Or on other stuff in your life. Anything, but validating the sorts of assholes that write poo poo like this at you, the kind that has no merits whatsoever that are even worth thinking about.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 12, 2018

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've probably dealt with citizens on youtube more than anyone and you have to flip it on its head. Encourage each and every one of them to post freely and comment more and more.
This is the absolute best way to make everyone reading their comments slowly back away and eventually see them as lunatics, they do it all for you, you just got to be bullet proof while they do.
I've lost count to the accounts that people have closed, deleted and abandoned because I let them hang themselves in public.
When they said 'I hope you get cancer' to me my inner babel fish translated that into 'look at how loving obnoxious I look'.
Not a single one of them has the balls to actually say anything insulting to anyone irl so don't let that worry you. See every insult as a badge of honor, every impotent rage directed your way as a certificate - these people are loving idiots and you invited them in, do not be concerned about them proceeding to try and eat your curtains and talk to your plant pots.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I've probably dealt with citizens on youtube more than anyone and you have to flip it on its head. Encourage each and every one of them to post freely and comment more and more.
This is the absolute best way to make everyone reading their comments slowly back away and eventually see them as lunatics, they do it all for you, you just got to be bullet proof while they do.
I've lost count to the accounts that people have closed, deleted and abandoned because I let them hang themselves in public.
When they said 'I hope you get cancer' to me my inner babel fish translated that into 'look at how loving obnoxious I look'.
Not a single one of them has the balls to actually say anything insulting to anyone irl so don't let that worry you. See every insult as a badge of honor, every impotent rage directed your way as a certificate - these people are loving idiots and you invited them in, do not be concerned about them proceeding to try and eat your curtains and talk to your plant pots.

These are wise words. They are not particularly smart or nuanced people, just let them make a fool of themselves.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Zzr posted:

Rule n°2 : be the troll.

Or yea, alternatively be that and Pgabz about covers that in his post lol.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

boviscopophobic posted:

Angry backer who pledged for procedural birds taxxe

Quoth the Raven: "Imma gently caress you up!"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

peter gabriel posted:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
poo poo, beer covers my point in his post better than I did too. Goddamit youse two! :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

That clip reminded me of something. One thing that I've noticed over the past year (and you all have as well, I'm sure) is the big push to "emergent gameplay" which honestly should tell someone everything they need to know about Star Citizen. Even way back during the kickstarter, Star Citizen was billed as being a sandbox, but one rich in deep lore and narrative. Backers (myself included) were excited about how different this would be than the "one faceless spaceman among millions" style of Elite. Chris told us that all the NPCs would have their own lives, their own jobs and tasks. Star Citizen would be the perfect blending of a big sandbox and a rich narrative, giving players freedom without making players feel like just another number.

Slowly, like a creeping illness, that has been chipped away and replaced with "emergent gameplay" because they've realized they don't have the capability to make a new WoW without instances. They just don't have the skill or manpower, and quite frankly even if they did, that rich narrative is at odds with other design choices they've made. The walls separating Star Citizen's future (imagined) gameplay from Elite's current gameplay are crumbling, sinking into a sea of excuses. Backers - of course - will tell you differently if you say this, but one look at the way they defend the game not being fun shines a light on their acceptance of emergent gameplay as king. There will be no rich narrative, no complex lore for backers to interact with, because there can't be. What lore and narrative exists will do so as window dressing on Just Another Sandbox Game. Those pirates that interdicted you while you were trying to complete your trade run? Spawned just for you, with no reason or thought given as to your haul or location. Because that's the easiest way to do it, just like Elite. Now you'll "make your own fun" in the 'Verse, because you have to. The Old Gods are dead, all hail Procgen.

I think the key problem here is they tried to make all these crazy designs without any upper management thought on how feasible they were, how they interacted with each other, how much of a network load it would make, the load on a client computer, development time, suitability in the confines of their technology choices and the technology choices themselves. With all of that being excused by 'fidelity', 'no cheating', 'never been done before' and 'no publishers'. And the biggest rationale was the thought if any design didn't work out they could just go for a simpler design. Which is the critical problem with Star Citizen, they have no simpler designs.

A simpler design isn't the consequence of a complex design failure, it's its own design with a host of required considerations. So when their designs fail they have nothing. It's back to the drawing board with multiple years wasted on designs which yielded nothing. And that's is why you get the emphasis on "emergent gameplay" because nothing works and it will years minimum before a system that works is implemented.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hell yes

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The only thing that inspires me to make Youtube videos is the hope that I'll be able to screw with some idiot in the comments.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

G0RF posted:

So did CIG announce Mining was pushed back to 3.2 previously? I’m surprised that I’d have missed that.

I thought they pretty much confirmed nothing is coming in 3.1 when they posted a preliminary schedule the other week.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF posted:

If not, well, er, surprise! It sounds like it it’s coming in 3.2 not 3.1. Or at least, they’re going to try to get it out by 3.2.

:gary:

trucutru posted:

Ah, the first step into eventually pushing it back (first basic implementation) to 3.3.

Tokamak posted:

I thought they pretty much confirmed nothing is coming in 3.1 when they posted a preliminary schedule the other week.

So this is a pretty new development then? Not old news? I’m surprised there hasn’t been an outcry, particularly since this is supposed to be the new era of quarterly releases and accelerating progress. Oh well, early days, Alpha, blah-blah-blah...

Also, it only just fully hit me today the irony of CIG’s plight with respect to Squadron’s relationship to Crytek and Coutts. CIG must have made explicit declarations to Coutts about Squadron as a discreet standalone game, considering that Squadron alone was used as collateral for the loan. Yet to Crytek and elsewhere, Squadron is part of Star Citizen.

I would assume Crytek would be especially interested to see the Coutts loan documentation, to see just how CIG languaged Squadron to Coutts. Seems that would be far better than a public statement history repeat with confusing and contradictory quotes. How could they not have been extremely explicit in emphasizing their separateness? They’d have had to in order to reduce the appearance of risk and/or overcomplexity, right?

(Maybe this has already been discussed and I just missed it. Or maybe I misunderstand CIG’s position with respect to their separateness or not. It’s changed often enough that it’s hard to keep track. Or maybe CIG’s approach is that it doesn’t matter because NOTHINGBURGER... )

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 12, 2018

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

G0RF posted:

So this is a pretty new development then? Not old news? I’m surprised there hasn’t been an outcry, particularly since this is supposed to be the new era of quarterly releases and accelerating progress. Oh well, early days, Alpha, blah-blah-blah...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/Schedule-report-05012018

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

peter gabriel posted:

:same:

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

no_recall posted:

I'm also thinking of selling the farm for that completionist pack. You know how I don't feel complete without it.

Didn't sell the farm, but will start renting mine this year. With this years rent I could afford 8 completionist packs with Javlens. Or I could buy a Tank....well actually self-propelled artillery. Or I can seriously look at buying a Cessna 421B or C. And that's still after buying $10,000 worth of I-bonds to fund my daughter's education.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Warhawk109 posted:

99% of the time it starts with a rip on Trump, and if someone takes issue with it, it’s *their* fault for talking Trump. Right.

:downs:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

fidelity

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

Yep.

Also it is never about what they are attacking with these people.

It is all about themselves and their own inadequacies.

They will have a pop at anything to try and make themselves feel more powerful.

They are human detritus and they know it.

They are cowards and they know it.

They are beaten already.

Baldness fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 12, 2018

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jason Sextro posted:

looks like dude is trying, and failing, to match the resplendence of Gary Spivey's hair

https://www.youtube.com/user/periodicvideos

Dude is a genuinely good interview and respected professor. His Chemistry videos are highly recomended.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0OO9HZAfM

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Baldness posted:

Yep.

Also it is never personal with these people.

It is all about themselves and their own inadequacies.

They will have a pop at anything to try and make themselves feel more powerful.

They are human detritus and they know it.

It also reveals their skewed perception of reality. You can and will hurt them, they must attackattackattack. Like everything else in their lives, let it be flailing at the aether.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

What our esteemed dancey cat says is the truth. Letting them hang themselves also has the added benefit of making them really insanely mad. 90% of the best meltdowns I've caused have been simply because I refused to engage and I let the person beat themselves to death against that wall.

Also, plenty of other people will tell these people they are idiots for you. Let everyone else do all the work, and pay those dipshits no mind.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

What our esteemed dancey cat says is the truth. Letting them hang themselves also has the added benefit of making them really insanely mad. 90% of the best meltdowns I've caused have been simply because I refused to engage and I let the person beat themselves to death against that wall.

Also, plenty of other people will tell these people they are idiots for you. Let everyone else do all the work, and pay those dipshits no mind.

I agree. Candid troll best troll.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Streetroller posted:

Man I gotta be honest.

Same. An old friend of mine suffered a severe spinal injury at about age 10, leaving him completely quadriplegic. Helped care for him occasionally when his family needed a break. So, when I watched your video, I instantly knew why your hands are the way they are. gently caress anyone who tries to use your disabilities to make you upset.

I know if you’re anything like my friend, it’s like you say, there’s not much chance of the punch landing the way they hoped. It’s just... where is your humanity, shitizens? How do you get your head into a place where defending a loving video game is grounds for going there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

Broken promises don't even register anymore unless they have something to do with ships. 3.0 is not even a shadow of its former promised self but, if you ask, this is because it contains much more than what was offered first, it just so happens that it's "foundation stuff" you cannot see. Rational thinking left the building a while ago, if it ever was there.

But watch them change some weapon mount in chariot from a size 7 to a size 6 for the fireworks to begin.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 12, 2018