Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i must compose posted:

As someone who bought a wii u after a switch I am feeling some type of way

proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i must compose posted:

As someone who bought a wii u after a switch I am feeling some type of way

i got one last january. whoops

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hmm

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/951487202785185793/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised at all if whoever in US marketing put together that video was aware of Pannenkoek.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Xenoblade remastered where...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Xenoblade remastered where...

on the New Nintendo 3DS

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't wait for the XBC 2 HD remaster

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

on the New Nintendo 3DS

I want it on my Wintendo Switch

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

yyyyesss camelot’s new mario tennis is gonna have the rpg story mode, ftw

If you liked this you absolutely must play Mario Party Advance for the GBA. I guess they knew no one was going to do multiplayer so they made an absolutely awesome rpg story mode and I don't see people talking about it for some reason. There was even a dolphin in the game that was sad that no one laughs at his stand up and you have to help him make better jokes (please no comments about how it would help my posts). Seriously play it if you never have.

Edit: it got lovely reviews because the multi-player sucked.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 12, 2018

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Excited for Kirby, my wife and kids really loved the co-op on the Wii Kirby

I can only hope they bring the Mario games from WiiU over eventually, maybe when some more time has passed. Odyssey is still relatively new and moving copies.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Tato posted:

Excited for Kirby, my wife and kids really loved the co-op on the Wii Kirby

I can only hope they bring the Mario games from WiiU over eventually, maybe when some more time has passed. Odyssey is still relatively new and moving copies.

super mario 3d world would be a really cool game to be able to pass off a joycon in portable

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That loving bastard TJ "Henry" Yoshi.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Impressive.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

A monster Amiibo for his magnum dong.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I thought it was Ryan Reynolds playing him lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

I thought it was Ryan Reynolds playing him lol
I think there's a movie coming later.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what could have been...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I lightly lick every new switch game I get to make sure they’re not slacking on the anti-child-swallowing coating

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I’m hype to play blighttown in 30 FPS instead of 5

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Really loved Mario Tennis back in the day. Never played Ultra Smash, what was wrong with it?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Really loved Mario Tennis back in the day. Never played Ultra Smash, what was wrong with it?

One problem was that there was so little content on offer. The only single player game mode with any substance was a challenge mode where you battled each character in order in a 2 game match; no RPG mode, story mode nor even tournament mode was offered. Plus, with this lack of content, the initial price was $50. The style of the game seemed to aim for a more serious vibe as there are no gimmick courts in the game, no real differences between characters aside from speed/shot power, and unlocks came from spending in-game currency rather than achieving anything. There was a gimmick mode where players could eat Mega Mushrooms and power up their shots that way, but it wasn't great. Really, my main problem with the game is that it is another example of recent Mario sports games (also included would be Mario Sports Superstars) breaking away from their old appeal back in the Gamecube era where they were crazy games with a sport as a basis rather than sport games with slight liberties taken. I really hope Aces goes back to that time and brings back Power Shots or some sort of energy.

I'm probably getting a Switch soon, but I will immediately buy one if and when a Strikers sequel is announced.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ultra Smash has a tiny roster, no modes, no courts, worse online options than the already bad 3DS game, the new gimmicks are boring and don't work properly online, etc. they tried to promote it as a "return to the roots" but it's really just an unfinished game they rushed to the shelves because they had no holiday releases for that year

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a new mario strikers would be really sweet, even though the wii game had some horrendous balance issues it was a blast the few times you ran into people that weren't using the meta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only ever played strikers locally and it's probably one of my fave sports games ever. It's badass

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TWEWY Switch version should have a split joycon mode where it side by sides the DS style screens and player 1 controls neku and the 2nd player is shiki/joshua/beat. Would be excellent gf gaming

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The DQ Builders demo is really robust and also extremely my poo poo. Also I was shamed to post this in the AGDQ thread but the only ever DW/DQ game I ever played was the original DW on NES cause that's what we had when I was a kid and it's pretty crazy how similar it all still is, with the music/enemies and even down the the sound effects. I guess if someone played Odyssey after only ever playing SMB before it would be the same sort of experience, but it was still cool for me because I remember the original NES Dragon Warrior fondly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

The DQ Builders demo is really robust and also extremely my poo poo. Also I was shamed to post this in the AGDQ thread but the only ever DW/DQ game I ever played was the original DW on NES cause that's what we had when I was a kid and it's pretty crazy how similar it all still is, with the music/enemies and even down the the sound effects. I guess if someone played Odyssey after only ever playing SMB before it would be the same sort of experience, but it was still cool for me because I remember the original NES Dragon Warrior fondly.

all the DQ games are like that, the series highly values that nostalgic experience, its cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I noticed that Builders isn't quite as faithful but DQ: Heroes has identical menu layouts and fonts and stuff as the old games, it's great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The first DQ game I played was the 4 remake on DS and it hooked me instantly. I bought 8 shortly after and all the DS games as they were released. Godly series.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

DQ8 is an incredible game and probably one of the best games ever made, and the rest of the series is extremely good as well. The DS and 3DS remakes are all great too so if you have a 3DS now is a perfect time to play catch up.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Fiend Matador posted:

DQ8 is an incredible game and probably one of the best games ever made, and the rest of the series is extremely good as well. The DS and 3DS remakes are all great too so if you have a 3DS now is a perfect time to play catch up.

8 is tied for greatest game ever for me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mt sd2snes is probably going to turn up any day now, whats the best premade romset to download, is it still the smokemonster one that I'll have to download in 3 parts?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

trying to jack off posted:

mt sd2snes is probably going to turn up any day now, whats the best premade romset to download, is it still the smokemonster one that I'll have to download in 3 parts?

https://archive.org/download/TheEverdrivePacks/Super%20EverDrive%20-%20SD2SNES/

It even has everything in separate folders all neatly. One of them is even a "only works on SD2SNES" folder. As well as translated ROMs and prototypes, betas, etc.

Also don't forget to try MSU-1 Zelda: A Link to the Past. If you have trouble getting it to work let me know and I can just upload my zip of it somewhere.

edit: it looks like smokemonster's is identical to the link I gave you. I guess a bonus is you don't need to torrent and it's all in 1 part

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Night In The Woods is coming out thursday for Switch apparently . Is this good? I'm a sucker for a decent Feels Game, I liked Oxenfree and Life Is Strange