Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

diapermeat posted:

With miningpoolhub I'm doing $10.48 currently with 1 x 1070 and 1 x 970. You should be a ton higher with 6 x 1070

Speaking in averages; it’s been $35 today.

E: I’ve also been @70% TDP and overclocking conservatively (+100core/+500mem), so I may be a little low. It’s still stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Given the Coinbase tax warning, should we be preparing our taxes if we're only mining with a single card (1080 Ti)? It almost makes me not want the hassle of touching the poop if I have to somehow account for the capitol gains.

If so, how the hell are you guys doing the accounting for it when filing?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

EconOutlines posted:

If so, how the hell are you guys doing the accounting for it when filing?

Lol

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Hey, I'd rather not get bent over by the IRS down the road.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

EconOutlines posted:

Hey, I'd rather not get bent over by the IRS down the road.

Are you mining cryptocurrencies for yourself or are you letting someone like Nicehash pay you for hashing power?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Are you mining cryptocurrencies for yourself or are you letting someone like Nicehash pay you for hashing power?

Experiementing with Winminer/NiceHash/MiningPoolHub, not directly mining for myself.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

EconOutlines posted:

Experiementing with Winminer/NiceHash/MiningPoolHub, not directly mining for myself.

Then figure out the dates when you got paid and report that as income. You getting paid means money or cryptocurrency landing someplace where you have hypothetical control, so that could be a bitcoin wallet address or an exchange account or numbers on a website that you will eventually convert to Amazon credit or whatever.

In the cases where you get paid with cryptocurrency, you report the value in USD and if you sold it then you determine your cost basis and report the capital gains.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
And payments are falling so low to be worthless again with Winminer. 980 making less than 2 dollars a day and 1080 making 3 dollars a day. Going to finish off this payout with just my 1080, it was a fun week of 40 dollars though.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Yeah, South Korea rumbling that they might ban coin trading entirely has not done well for the markets.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Nicehash 1080ti is still over $9/day as of right now, feels pretty risk free with internal wallet -> Coinbase. With 1 full time 1080ti mining and one mining at night I can withdraw every other day for $25 or so.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

DrDork posted:

Yeah, South Korea rumbling that they might ban coin trading entirely has not done well for the markets.

Evil gubments violating our sacred coinrights of deliberate tax evasion and money laundering

We must fight the power

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Cinara posted:

Nicehash 1080ti is still over $9/day as of right now, feels pretty risk free with internal wallet -> Coinbase. With 1 full time 1080ti mining and one mining at night I can withdraw every other day for $25 or so.

What are the fees like right now?

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

MaxxBot posted:

What are the fees like right now?

Free for coinbase withdrawal. For whatever reason they do charge you to transfer your mining earnings to your Nicehash wallet which is 2%.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrDork posted:

up uP UP!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Winminer returns are bad enough last night that I turned it off yet again. I expected a lot more given that my card is so flippable right now.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Winminer returns are bad enough last night that I turned it off yet again. I expected a lot more given that my card is so flippable right now.

Doing six Canadian bucks a day on a 1080 Ti. So, yeah, not great returns.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Microcenter GPU case :lol:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Doing six Canadian bucks a day on a 1080 Ti. So, yeah, not great returns.

Seriously just do Nicehash interal wallet into Coinbase, most of the time my 1080ti is doing over $10 USD a day, and rarely does it go under $9. With those rates you hit the minimum withdrawl(.001 or $13.50 at current BTC prices) every other day so you don't have to worry about losing much at all if there's another hack.

I swapped off Winminer as soon as I could as the rates on it were garbage compared to just about anything else.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Wasn't Canada one of those countries where people can't withdraw from Coinbase? Or was that Australia?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah, we can't do Coinbase here. QuadrigaCX is our only option for exchanging.

I don't know if we can do a bunch of cryptocurrency flipping within exchanges to finally get it to QuadrigaCX and out to a Canadian bank account with some degree of sanity and without retarded transaction fees.

Gonna run WinMiner overnight and while I'm at work and see what that does for me other than making my apartment not freezing cold when I get home. Not gonna complain if heating my apartment also drops twenty bucks in my PayPal account every few days.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 12, 2018

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

QuarkJets posted:

Wasn't Canada one of those countries where people can't withdraw from Coinbase? Or was that Australia?

Australia too.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Cinara posted:

Seriously just do Nicehash interal wallet into Coinbase, most of the time my 1080ti is doing over $10 USD a day, and rarely does it go under $9. With those rates you hit the minimum withdrawl(.001 or $13.50 at current BTC prices) every other day so you don't have to worry about losing much at all if there's another hack.

I swapped off Winminer as soon as I could as the rates on it were garbage compared to just about anything else.

What kind of 1080ti are you running? $10 USD seems way high.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

tehinternet posted:

What kind of 1080ti are you running? $10 USD seems way high.

Nah, $9-$10 recently is about right. That's what I've been getting on mine (EVGA Hybrid SC2), and that's with a pretty mild overclock and 85% power limit (ends up around 1850 core 5700 mem).

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Winminer is currently mining ETH and DCR on 1 gpu. Is this normal?

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a dual miner software that hits 2 different coins that stress different parts of the GPU. Each one is slower than running alone, but combined they sometimes can end up with more total money. (Though in this case it's probably a temporary price spike because mine's doing ZCL alone)

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

jeff8472 posted:

Winminer is currently mining ETH and DCR on 1 gpu. Is this normal?

Claymore miner does this too. You can effectively mine two currencies and if your settings are dialed in they wont impact each other.

Power consumption and heat generated go way up though.

EDIT: on another note it looks like newegg has changed their ordering system to only allow one video card purchase per 48 hours per customer/credit card. It used to be only one of a certain card but you could buy a different brand the same day. It doesn't seem to be helping much though. nowinstock alert will go off and within 2-3 minutes cards will be sold out again.

Numinous fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 12, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Numinous posted:

Claymore miner does this too. You can effectively mine two currencies and if your settings are dialed in they wont impact each other.

Power consumption and heat generated go way up though.

You also get slightly less speed, and the amount you “mine” on the secondary(non ETH) coin is negligible. It seemed like a very bad proposition but hey, 2 numbers go up at same time :chanpop:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
trying to add my nicehash btc wallet id to their program and it says its an invalid id. Any reason for that? Copying it straight from the website.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

trying to add my nicehash btc wallet id to their program and it says its an invalid id. Any reason for that? Copying it straight from the website.

Are you just now returning from after the hack? If so, they nuked all the old addresses, and you will have to generate a new one. There's a big button to do so below where it displays your balance on most of the pages.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DrDork posted:

Are you just now returning from after the hack? If so, they nuked all the old addresses, and you will have to generate a new one. There's a big button to do so below where it displays your balance on most of the pages.

nah i just made this account a few days ago. But I'll do that.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

diapermeat posted:

With miningpoolhub I'm doing $10.48 currently with 1 x 1070 and 1 x 970. You should be a ton higher with 6 x 1070

What settings do you use? Like algos are you auto-switching with and which software do you use? I couldn't get MPM to work and NemosMiner works but the profitability stats from MPH lag by like 30 mins so I don't really get the benefit of autoswitching because by the time it switches that coin isn't actually the most profitable anymore.

I have 1 1080ti and 3 1070s and have only been pulling in like $23-$24 a day mining ZCL for the last week.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
I've been getting $14-$16/day on MPH with AwesomeMiner using 1x1080 + 1x1080Ti, both with only mild overclocks and with power use set to 65% and 85% respectively. Didn't do anything more than install AwesomeMiner and let it run the benchmarks and take it from there.

$24ish/day is about right for 1x1080Ti + 3x1070's. If you're getting your numbers off whattomine, note that you'll almost never get what it shows as the maximal return if you're using something like NiceHash or MPH because of various reasons--a better approximation is to average the top 4 or 5 together and see what that gets.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist
So Nicehash "buyers" are people paying BTC to mine altcoins? Am I understanding this correctly?

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

Naffer posted:

So Nicehash "buyers" are people paying BTC to mine altcoins? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yup. That's why you'll sometimes see earning spikes in Nicehash when someone overpays to mine a rando coin because they want it RIGHT NOW.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Naffer posted:

Or USD, yeah.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
I think a lot of the big spikes are money laundering.

Anyways, got my new 1080ti running along my ancient 1070 today and it's been averaging around $17-18 total with spikes of $20+. Not too bad considering I had to drop the power on the 1070 to 90%. The 1080ti also gets too hot and ends up at around 79-80 MH/s with Nist5 despite benchmarking at 86 MH/s, but I don't think the evga sc black edition cooler is very good. It was like the only one in stock when I bought it, though, and only $730.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

So I took NeoScrypt off of the algorithms list on NiceHash because it was making a couple cards crash randomly (out of memory somehow). I’ve gotta get that fixed because that explains the discrepancy with what I’m seeing in the thread.

I mean $4 per card is cool, but it could be more.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
It's possible you're just overclocked a little too much for that algorithm. Like with games, what's stable for one may not necessarily be stable for another.

I tried Neoscrypt for a while on a pool but my reported shares were consistently lower than what I was seeing on my console, so I switched to Equihash.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Brain Issues posted:

What settings do you use? Like algos are you auto-switching with and which software do you use? I couldn't get MPM to work and NemosMiner works but the profitability stats from MPH lag by like 30 mins so I don't really get the benefit of autoswitching because by the time it switches that coin isn't actually the most profitable anymore.

I have 1 1080ti and 3 1070s and have only been pulling in like $23-$24 a day mining ZCL for the last week.

I used to run awesomeminer pointed to https://miningpoolhub.com/ but found it would constantly switch algorithms, and it would take forever for those coins to auto exchange into the coin I wanted (ETH)

Now I mine Equihash directly with the MultiPoolMiner script: (this can be found on the right side of the main page)

The batch file I run:

quote:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

powershell -version 5.0 -noexit -executionpolicy bypass -windowstyle maximized -command "&.\multipoolminer.ps1 -wallet xx -username xx -workername multipoolminer -region us -currency btc,cad -type nvidia,cpu -poolname miningpoolhub -algorithm equihash,CryptoNight"

This will change between the top coins that mined with equihash (zcash, zclassic, btc-gold, etc) + CPU mining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
How much memory does your system have? Also related, you need the page file to be at least 4gb per card in size, more for Vega due to hbcc. I bet you it’s just your pagefile

• Locked thread