Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

Lautrec amiibo

Giantdad amiibo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Gaping Dragon Amiibo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress off Nintendo I don’t have enough time or money to keep buying your good games.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Takoluka posted:

They made it so The Imprisoned no longer automatically gets up when his gauge hits half, and that's it. The large bosses in Gundam are infinitely better than the ones in HW, and before FEW, I genuinely felt that HW was the best Musou game to that date. So many things hold it back, though, and the giant bosses are definitely #1 on that.

This was my #1 complaint about the bosses in HW so if that's fixed then I basically have no complaints anymore (other than actually having to fight Imprisoned but I will power through now that he doesn't get up STAY DOWN YOU FUCKER)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

40 buck dank soulz huh? Still no. But good price

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Takoluka posted:

and some of the character weapons, such any of Link's weapons that aren't the Sword or the Spinner or Zelda's Wind Waker are just so painfully awful to use. And sometimes, you are actively forces to use them.

Are you seriously implying that using the gauntlets isn't extremely good and cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te8JaWMP_E

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Xad posted:

Are you seriously implying that using the gauntlets isn't extremely good and cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te8JaWMP_E

Oh man that dumb rear end music made me want to play this game again so bad

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Welp just ordered like $500 worth of switch console and accessories and game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

goferchan posted:

Oh man that dumb rear end music made me want to play this game again so bad

:same:

I also remembered that this exists and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_j_FvN5SQ

gently caress I really want this game to come out on switch so I can buy it again uuuugh

Edit: OH poo poo I just remembered Link's Great Fairy "weapon" and Lana's Summoning Portal they're both so gooooood

Xad fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 12, 2018

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

would preorder a solaire amiibo immediately

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Xad posted:

:same:

I also remembered that this exists and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_j_FvN5SQ

gently caress I really want this game to come out on switch so I can buy it again uuuugh

Edit: OH poo poo I just remembered Link's Great Fairy "weapon" and Lana's Summoning Portal they're both so gooooood

It is coming out on Switch. That’s why we’re all talking about it again.:)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope the top isn't amiibo locked this time around.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SeANMcBAY posted:

It is coming out on Switch. That’s why we’re all talking about it again.:)

yeah I know, I'm excited about it. Hence my post

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I liked the DQ:Builders demo enough, but from what I've gathered based on earlier posts, the world is as small as you see in the demo, except you go to other small worlds, right?

I was kinda hoping for a single home town whose borders I could continually expand, and maybe other expandable towns within the same world. But building towns up from scratch chapter-by-chapter doesn't seem appealing to me, and having to go into what is essentially creative mode to do what I want doesn't quite cut it. Is DQ:B2 confirmed for Switch?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You’re thinking of how much you want to **** Kirby, aren’t you?

Kir B

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Solaire in Smash would be pretty great.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also fire emblem warriors is pretty good and fixed a lot of the issues I had with Hyrule warriors

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
If you're put off by the idea of starting new towns each chapter of DQ Builders, I get that. I was disappointed at first too. But it's a really good game and each chapter is a different scenario, so it's not quite the same as starting from scratch each time. Each has its own story and a variation on the building tree / blueprints / available materials. Each is thematically different. Then the creative mode is where you can bring it all together. (Although to be honest I never got into the creative mode because the story driven building is the hook for me.)

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Argue posted:

I liked the DQ:Builders demo enough, but from what I've gathered based on earlier posts, the world is as small as you see in the demo, except you go to other small worlds, right?

Does the demo include warps to different biomes?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So now that DK tropical freeze is coming to switch, what other worthwhile Wii U poo poo is still yet to be confirmed? Captain Toad Mario Maker, and Mario 3D world?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Modus Pwnens posted:

Does the demo include warps to different biomes?

Sorta. It ends as soon as you enter the first warp. I assumed it would have taken me to another biome with another small village. Which is what I don't want.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Then the creative mode is where you can bring it all together. (Although to be honest I never got into the creative mode because the story driven building is the hook for me.)

Yeah I enjoyed the base gameplay but having creative freedom separate from the main story is kind of a deal killer; in a game like this I'd like to have both concurrently. I think I'll wait and see if DQ:B 2 does the same thing or if it tries to integrate creativity better into the main quest.

Argue fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 12, 2018

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

veni veni veni posted:

So now that DK tropical freeze is coming to switch, what other worthwhile Wii U poo poo is still yet to be confirmed? Captain Toad Mario Maker, and Mario 3D world?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Argue posted:

Sorta. It ends as soon as you enter the first warp. I assumed it would have taken me to another biome with another small village. Which is what I don't want.

This doesn't really address your main issue with it, but that wasn't the end of the town. Each chapter has a single town with warps to a few other biomes for finding resources / stuff to fight, so you were about a quarter to a third through that town.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So tropical freeze is legitimately good? I could never tell if people were sarcastically praising it.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Frankston posted:

So tropical freeze is legitimately good? I could never tell if people were sarcastically praising it.

It’s legitimately the best 2D platformer on any modern console, and in the running for one of the best of all time.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Did tropical freeze have waggle control? I remember hating that in one of the DK games. Like, there are so many buttons, why can't you map roll to one of them.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I downloaded Never Stop Sneakin' last night and, while it's fun, by god I want to play MGS again. Twin Snakes for Switch plz.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I don’t think my brain is damaged enough to enjoy musou games, even with the nintendo reskins

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo PR Strategy
"Here's a bunch of new games you fucks, enjoy"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo PR Strategy
"Here's a bunch of new games you fucks, enjoy"
Not many of them are new...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes, but we live in a world where the Switch just outsold the lifetime unit sales of the WiiU in less than a year

So not many people have played these games

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

They are new to everyone who didn't have a Wii U (so, almost everyone).

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Did tropical freeze have waggle control? I remember hating that in one of the DK games. Like, there are so many buttons, why can't you map roll to one of them.

No waggle that I remember as that wasn't really a primary feature of the Wii U. You can play it with the Gamepad just fine.

Frankston posted:

My only issue with Tropical Freeze is how loving long the boss fights are. Sure, they give you hearts throughout the fight, but if you die on the third or fourth stage of the boss, you have to go all the way back to the beginning. Often when I got to a boss, I'd just put the game down for a few days because I didn't want to deal with it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Yes, but we live in a world where the Switch just outsold the lifetime unit sales of the WiiU in less than a year

So not many people have played these games

Has it outsold the WiiU's worldwide figures yet? I know the passed Japan's figures, but wasn't sure about the rest.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

they were optional - replaced by a button press from memory

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yo i'm here to break up direct chat and talk about Furi.

Furi is awesome and if you've been on the fence about getting I think you totally should because it's great. The soundtrack is amazing.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'd glad get Furi except for the fact that I suck at Bullet Hell based combat, I always dodge a second too late.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So are they including the Spinner in the Switch Hyrule Warriors or do you still need an amiibo to unlock it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The only bullet-hell heavy part i've come across so far is the third fight against time grandpa, other than that I barely notice. Also I was afraid the tracking of my bullets would be terrible with the right stick but it's actually a lot smoother than I expected, I think there might be some slight auto-aim involved.

• Locked thread